PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

LoneGranger33
02-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Moderate Poster of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was most level-headed and reasonable during both highs and lows.

Anthem, Bball, gummy, Hicks, Mackey_Rose, Oak Moses, Speed, Unclebuck, wintermute, xBulletproof

Raised from the dead by rexnom (and popular demand), the Moderate Poster of the Year honor was presented to Anthem in its only previous incarnation. In an awards season with such great highs (Frank Vogel's hiring, Roy Hibbert's All-Star emergence, nothing else was ever here) and equally great lows (two blowouts at the hands of the hated Miami Heat, the five-game losing streak, Danny Granger's field goal percentage), these posters have managed to avoid the violent kneejerking that defines and entertains our game thread crowd. Can the champ be out-moderated by a previous Darksider (Bball) or Sunshiner (Hicks)? Or will someone else's excessive moderation rule the day?

Past Winner:
2010 - Anthem

This poll will close on Sunday at 7 p.m.

OlBlu
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I do not understand why I was excluded from this poll ;-)

Unclebuck
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Many of you didn't think I was moderate when JOB was around, but that has now been over a year ago, so maybe that is being discounted

neosmndrew
02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't having "Fire JOB" as your mood automatically disqualify you?

vnzla81
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Many of you didn't think I was moderate when JOB was around, but that has now been over a year ago, so maybe that is being discounted

I don't think you were moderate, I actually think that you loved the guy, way different ;)

OlBlu
02-24-2012, 04:28 PM

I was a supporter of JOB. I thought he did a great job of coaching a team that was completely rebuilding and keeping them in the high 20 to 30 wins during that transformation. I thought he should have been allowed to finish out the year and then just not have his contract renewed the next year when the rebuild was complete.......:cool:

MiaDragon
02-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't having "Fire JOB" as your mood automatically disqualify you?

I would hope not.

Anthem
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow, did I really win that in 2010? I didn't even know I was nominated until I saw this thread. :laugh:

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I was a supporter of JOB. I thought he did a great job of coaching a team that was completely rebuilding and keeping them in the high 20 to 30 wins during that transformation. I thought he should have been allowed to finish out the year and then just not have his contract renewed the next year when the rebuild was complete.......:cool:

That was the wrong thing to say on this board.

OlBlu
02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
That was the wrong thing to say on this board.

I understand that and it got me kicked off of the Star board and subject to all kids of abuse but the record during a complete rebuild speaks for itself. He brought discipline to this team when it sorely needed it. You may not have agreed with him but it was never in doubt that he was in charge. Now with all of that said, I think Vogel has done a great job with this team and nothing should take away from that. I am not good at not saying what I believe.....:cool:

LoneGranger33
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
The voting period is officially over.

Congratulations to the new Moderate Poster of the Year, Hicks!

The official tally is as follows:

Hicks - 14 votes (40% of respondents)
Anthem - 8 votes
Unclebuck - 5 votes
Mackey_Rose - 2 votes
Bball - 1 vote
gummy - 1 vote
Oak Moses - 1 vote
Speed - 1 vote
wintermute - 1 vote
xBulletproof - 1 vote

Moderate voices are always welcome to counterbalance the extremes, but they are even more important in times of transition, which this team and forum are clearly experiencing. PD's Sunshiner of the Year in 2008, Hicks' move towards the center has brought him his third major award win (having taken home the forum's most prestigious award, the Most Valuable Poster, during the last awards season) and, more importantly, prevented this award from being renamed in Anthem's honor. Let this serve as inspiration for Darksiders looking to change their ways.

Hicks
02-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Cool! :)

Thanks, guys.

rexnom
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Oh wow. Totally missed this. Congrats, Hicks! I love the moderate voices on the board. Excellent nominations around.