PDA

View Full Version : Sunshiner of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

LG33
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Sunshiner of the Year Awarded to the poster who you think was consistently optimistic and hopeful about the team and its players.

90'sNBARocked, Day-V, Foul on Smits, Kemo, TMJ31

No one has ever won the Sunshiner of the Year award twice, and this year will be no different, with five new contenders each looking to take home their first award. The nominees range from long-time forum mainstays (like TMJ31, who signed in for the first time in March 2004) to rookie regulars (like Foul on Smits, who joined in the midst of the last awards season in June 2010). Who will outshine the rest in a season of renewed hope and grand expectations?

Past Winners:
2006 - Pacers_Girl
2007 - MagicRat
2008 - Hicks
2009 - duke dynamite
2010 - Trophy

This poll will close on Sunday at 7 p.m.

Hicks
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
I love that I was Sunshiner of the Year once.

By the way, was it me, Shade, or both of us that had stretches where we would get nominated for both Sunshiner AND Darksider of the year? :laugh:

I guess speaking for myself I've learned to reel things in a bit in both direction, hence my nomination for Best Moderate Poster this year. :D

TMJ31
02-24-2012, 06:28 PM
By the way, was it me, Shade, or both of us that had stretches where we would get nominated for both Sunshiner AND Darksider of the year? :laugh:

That's PRICELESS Hicks!
---

I'm honored to be singled out as one of the folks who continually (at least tries!) to look at our team with a positive outlook.

I mean honestly, I think it's hard NOT to be a Sunshiner right now with what an amazing core group of guys and coaches we have. This is a team we can finally rally behind and be proud of to represent us on and off the court.

Every team has highs and lows, and the past few years have certainly been on the low end for us. But we've grown and matured massively, and with our new additions to the team and its staff we're ready to make waves!

GO PACERS :D

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I love that I was Sunshiner of the Year once.

I guess speaking for myself I've learned to reel things in a bit in both direction, hence my nomination for Best Moderate Poster this year. :D

Funny aint it?

Pacers , the NBA , and DEFINITELY this board will make you do that

Kstat
02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
90's is sunshine to the point of defensing the indefensible. That's going above and beyond.

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
That's PRICELESS Hicks!
---

I'm honored to be singled out as one of the folks who continually (at least tries!) to look at our team with a positive outlook.

I mean honestly, I think it's hard NOT to be a Sunshiner right now with what an amazing core group of guys and coaches we have. This is a team we can finally rally behind and be proud of to represent us on and off the court.

Every team has highs and lows, and the past few years have certainly been on the low end for us. But we've grown and matured massively, and with our new additions to the team and its staff we're ready to make waves!

GO PACERS :D

No doubt!

Wonder who won that award, the season of the brawl or year3 of Obie?

Ghandi? Joel Olsteen?

Had to be on that level or otherwise deliousional. That would have been brutal

Pacersalltheway10
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I can't believe Foul On Smits is no where near the top.

AesopRockOn
02-25-2012, 03:11 AM
TMJ31 gets my vote. No matter how bummed out I am about a loss or how depressingly negative a post game thread gets, his posts always reflect a joy and pride in being a Pacers fan that has kept me one through the tough years. (The joy/pride, not him. That would be weird...or perfect.)

I'm not sure if it's ironic or Morissette-ironic, but TMJ31, 90'sNBARocked, and vnzla81 all have babies in their avatars and numbers in their names, but two are a little sunnier than the other. :)

Kemo
02-25-2012, 03:22 AM
lol .. my lead was fun while it lasted ... heh

Day-V
02-25-2012, 03:45 AM

That's the way I look at it!

Foul on Smits
02-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Didn't even know I was in this. Wouldn't it be awesome if I won and then cut a WWF like promo, telling you how much I hate you all and how awesome I am and how Indiana sucks.

Heel turn.