PDA

View Full Version : Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

LoneGranger33
02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Darksider of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was least optimistic about the team and its players.

able, BRushWithDeath, croz24, Mackey_Rose, vnzla81

In a category historically dominated by two posters, Bball and ChicagoJ, the 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards will crown a new champion skeptic. Perhaps hardened by the Coach O'Brien era, these five posters have continually expressed doubts about the Pacers' play and potential. Whether taking issue with particular players or questioning the team as a whole, which poster best captured the glass half-empty attitude this awards season?

Past Winners:
2004 - indytoad
2005 - ChicagoJ
2006 - Bball
2007 - Bball
2008 - Bball
2009 - ChicagoJ
2010 - Bball

This poll will close on Sunday at 7 p.m.

Hicks
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Was tempted to go with able when I learned he's seriously worried about Hibbert leaving in free agency this summer, but I can't deny vnzla81's persistence; he gets the vote.

able
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Darksider ?? IF that happens I will go PFFL for sure, you will all see what a true darksider looks like IF that happens

Anthem
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Heh. I think we're gonna have a clear winner here.

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2012, 04:40 PM
This should be renamed as the "Poster who hates Darren Collison" award

MiaDragon
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Its ok vnz IMO you're more of a realist than anything.

dal9
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
First of all, these are some of the most realistic posters on here.

Also, I think three of them mainly just think Hansbrough's overrated.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
First of all, these are some of the most realistic posters on here.

Also, I think three of them mainly just think Hansbrough's overrated.

And I'm not convinced two of them aren't the same person.

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2012, 04:51 PM
And I'm not convinced two of them aren't the same person.

who?

cdash
02-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Its ok vnz IMO you're more of a realist than anything.

That's certainly his justification of it. I'll say he's the most pessimistic "realist" I have ever encountered.

spazzxb
02-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Vzlna has been really slacking in this department ever since the old coach got canned.

cdash
02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Vzlna has been really slacking in this department ever since the old coach got canned.

Nah, he just shifted his venom from JOB/Dunleavy to Collison/Danny.

vnzla81
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
That's certainly his justification of it. I'll say he's the most pessimistic "realist" I have ever encountered.

Pessimist and yet accurate, hate all you want but I've been right must of the time ;)

cdash
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Pessimist and yet accurate, hate all you want but I've been right must of the time ;)

If you say so man.

vnzla81
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Nah, he just shifted his venom from JOB/Dunleavy to Collison/Danny.

Few weeks ago I was consider a hater because I knew that we neened a PG, I was also a hater for suggesting to play Hill over DC, now look a few weeks after that and almost everybody is on that bandwagon.

Regarding Danny, it's just a matter of time ;).

BringJackBack
02-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Vnzla isn't a darksider, he's cynical beyond repair for attention. I'll go with able.

Kstat
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
anybody can be cynical, but vnzla does it with style.

maragin
02-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Not sure if it would help anyone else, but if the first post had the avatar next to poster's name, it would help me identify them. For example, Mackey to me is just that guy that's making a "duh" face. Vznla is Stewie near a man-boob (not be confused with MBoyle Stewie).

spazzxb
02-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Few weeks ago I was consider a hater because I knew that we neened a PG, I was also a hater for suggesting to play Hill over DC, now look a few weeks after that and almost everybody is on that bandwagon.

Regarding Danny, it's just a matter of time ;).

I am sure you would even admit that JOB brought out a monster of pure rage :scream:. I also am betting the use of the word puke on this board has drastically declined since the coaching switch.

Anthem
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Your accuracy is unparalleled.

spazzxb
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Not sure if it would help anyone else, but if the first post had the avatar next to poster's name, it would help me identify them. For example, Mackey to me is just that guy that's making a "duh" face. Vznla is Stewie near a man-boob (not be confused with MBoyle Stewie).

Mackey is Matt Painter with his head about to explode. I actually find the facial expression to be quite fitting.

vnzla81
02-24-2012, 08:08 PM
I am sure you would even admit that JOB brought out a monster of pure rage :scream:. I also am betting the use of the word puke on this board has drastically declined since the coaching switch.

Yep getting rid of Posey, JOB and Mike Dunleavy helps in that department ;)

croz24
02-24-2012, 08:14 PM
With the exception of vnzla, I actually think the three I'm competing against are some of the better members on the board, and without their contrasting views, this message board would be a bore.

vnzla81
02-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Able to me is the real darksider, there is nobody in PD who is more negative than him, including me :)

Nuntius
02-24-2012, 08:26 PM
With the exception of vnzla, I actually think the three I'm competing against are some of the better members on the board, and without their contrasting views, this message board would be a bore.

Of course, you do. Darksiders are like a cult. A strange, close-knit community of people who share similar ideas and often pat themselves in the back. They are ready to defend their comrades against the big, evil sunshiners.

Dece
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
One of these years I'll have to post enough to get a nomination here... these are the posters I tend to agree with most often, or at least have the most thoughts provoked by... although Mackey can be a bit overbearing about his thoughts at times and vnlza has never been wrong in his life.

They bring a lot to a board that would be a reddit level circle jerk without them.

AesopRockOn
02-25-2012, 02:23 AM
One of these years I'll have to post enough to get a nomination here... these are the posters I tend to agree with most often, or at least have the most thoughts provoked by... although Mackey can be a bit overbearing about his thoughts at times and vnlza has never been wrong in his life.

They bring a lot to a board that would be a reddit level circle jerk without them.

http://f.images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15190981.jpg

Day-V
02-25-2012, 02:27 AM
vnzla wins this, easily.

Never seen a guy that could make a 3rd place team at 21-12 appear to be a 12th place team at 12-21.

doctor-h
02-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Hey what about me. I agree with almost everything vnzl says except I wouldn't take up my valuable time even arguing with the morons who would not trade Granger for Melo. We would be the laughing stock of the NBA if we wouldn't do that. I believe vnzl is a genius so I guess that makes me one too.

Pacersalltheway10
02-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey what about me. I agree with almost everything vnzl says except I wouldn't take up my valuable time even arguing with the morons who would not trade Granger for Melo. We would be the laughing stock of the NBA if we wouldn't do that. I believe vnzl is a genius so I guess that makes me one too.
:notamused:

vnzla81
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
vnzla wins this, easily.

Never seen a guy that could make a 3rd place team at 21-12 appear to be a 12th place team at 12-21.

We are in 3rd place for the moment, talk to me at the end of the season.

Day-V
02-25-2012, 12:01 PM
We are in 3rd place for the moment, talk to me at the end of the season.

Dude, you have the body of the work throughout the year and are leading the polls. Don't have to keep campaigning for votes now. ;)

Major Cold
02-26-2012, 04:30 PM
If vnzla81 did not win I would lose hope in the good people of PD.

And croz.......that was covertly the funniest post in the thread.

LoneGranger33
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
The voting period is officially over.

Congratulations to the new Darksider of the Year, vnzla81!

The official tally is as follows:

vnzla81 - 40 votes (63.49% of respondents)
Mackey_Rose - 11 votes
able - 5 votes
croz24 - 5 votes
BrushWithDeath - 2 votes

Rarely does someone win a digest award by such a large percentage, but there was simply no catching vnzla81 in this year's Darksider race. Agree or disagree with his assessments (and judging by the category and the vote totals, many of you disagree), vnzla81 has been consistent with his criticism of certain players and forecasts of tough times ahead. Hopefully, the team's play will transform all the nominees into Sunshiners by season's end.

vnzla81
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
OK so I would like to say thanks to all the haters that voted for me, this would have never been possible if it wasn't for a bunch of people hating on me, I promise that I would work harder than ever to make you all proud and be more realistic than ever, call it negative or whatever but at the end I'm always right :-p

http://www.angryblacklady.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/haters-gonna-hate.jpg

By the way thanks to LoneGranger33 for expending time in all this nominations, thank you.

crunk-juice
02-27-2012, 12:41 AM
dont complain, i wasnt even nominated for this prestigious award :(