PDA

View Full Version : Pacers 3rd best team in the EC? This Bulls reporter thinks so

90'sNBARocked
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-joel-brigham-22312

Omar El-Khodary

Do you think the Indiana Pacers are third best team in the east?

Joel Brigham

I sure do. Right now, at least. The really amazing thing is that they’ve got one of the lowest payrolls in the entire league, which means they’re doing so well with quite a bit of youth on the roster. I’ve always been a big Paul George fan, and in general I think that’s a locker room with a lot of class and a lot of serious talent. Frank Vogel’s an interesting dude, too. They’ve got such a good young mix, that I think they’ll host a playoff series this May. Anxious to get to a few more Pacers games… I’ve got a couple coming up in March, including one against the Knicks, which should make for an interesting evening of basketball. Bring it on!

jay

Whats going on Joel..in case the Pacers have to trade someone between Paul George and Danny Granger,it seems like Granger is the odd man out in Indy right??so to your opinion,which players would be the perfect trade for Granger??a trade that would benifit both Indy and the other team..tnx boss..

Joel Brigham

I’m open to suggestions for trades, as it’s hard to think of something like that on the spot, but in general if the Pacers are going to make a deal that requires they move one of their swingmen, Danny Granger would be the guy to leave. Indy has a rising star in Paul George, and Granger makes enough money to return a pretty decent piece. To be honest with you, I’d guess that the Pacers are looking at deals that won’t require they trade anybody at all. They’ve still got $14 in space for this year, so they can make trades that acquire players for straight up cap relief. I would think that there’s a possibility of some team biting on that, but I don’t know how sweet a player they’d get back. Moving Granger’s salary only moves them farther away from that minimum money spent line, so I don’t think it’s happening. They’re playing well, and my guess is Larry Legend and David Morway want to see what they can do in a postseason series.

phil.star

who will win the dunk contest? I put my money on paul george.

Joel Brigham

I saw a YouTube video today trying to push Jeremy Evans, who almost no casual fan has ever heard of, but I wasn’t overly impressed. The kid is freaky long and has serious hops, but I’m not sold… Anybody who bets on Chase Budinger is a crazy person. I’m already bored by him and the contest is still two full days away. I’ll put my money with yours, on PG24. Kids has hops on top of hops, and I’m hoping he taps into some of the theatrics that have become requisite in the competition these days. If not him, Derrick Williams. I have a feeling

Joel Bringham
Honestly, they aren’t getting Eric Gordon, anyway. I still think he’ll end up back in New Orleans or with the Pacers, plus Pacers won’t trade Paul George. He has future all-star written all over him.

mike

why not trade barbosa to the pacers, kings or cavs for a couple second rounders (or just one) since they can absorb his contract outright. that would leave 11.9M in cap space to offer chandler, hoping that the Nuggets wont match. Im sure BC can find out the max Denver will offer as Ujiri and BC are close. Thoughts?

Joel Brigham

That’s got to be the route they’re looking to take. He’s an expiring deal worth a decent amount of cash, and he really could help the right team. Indiana, for example, could actually use a guy like that to bolster up the guard rotation. We’ve seen how thin things got when George Hill went down with the ankle injury. Barbosa fits well into that, and I think he’d fit well into the culture of the team, as well. Cleveland really wants to get into the postseason, too, and Barbosa for essentially peanuts would help. I think the deal’s there to make, but they better hurry up and make it. March 1 is coming very quickly. All-Star weekend is a time for a lot of NBA suits to talk trade, so if something along those lines is going to get done, it’ll probably be immediately following this weekend.

Along those lines, the Raptors reeeeeeeally want Wilson Chandler. If offloading a salary like that is all that’s standing in the way of getting a guy of Chandler’s quality, they should be pulling out all the stops to make it work.

ilive4sports
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
jsdksjkdj dknsdjkdk kdjsdsdls lsdjlskdk
what a well written article :D

PacerPenguins
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Bill Ingram really? hoops world really? ueigqo waubdliaw

90'sNBARocked
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
checkout the edit version, you will like much better :)

CableKC
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I'd ask for a future 1st round pick if we took on Barbosa.

:signit:

ilive4sports
02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
checkout the edit version, you will like much better :)

haha yeah i was just being a smart ***, cause its a bulls writer

Sandman21
02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Did this guy not hear from DRose about never forgetting the Pacers celebrating?

Ownagedood
02-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Meh. With George Hill its close.. I would say 4 is a safe pick for us.

Maybe 3 after a weekend of nice trades. :)

J7F
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
If Orlando loses tonight (they are currently down 17 at the half) then we will have the third best record in the EC at the All-Star break!

Not many would have predicted that at the start of the season...

I agree that 4th best is the safe bet... But we could possibly finish 3rd best in the EC with our current standing roster...

Now if Larry can make some Magic happen before the deadline and fill some holes in our current line-up... We may be able to break the Bulls...

daschysta
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
3rd or 4th imo. Pretty good. We're going into the ASG with the 3rd seed.

sportfireman
02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd ask for a future 1st round pick if we took on Barbosa.

:signit:

Prediction..... AJ traded away... We get Barbosa and Kaman on our roster.

Ownagedood
02-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Prediction..... AJ traded away... We get Barbosa and Kaman on our roster.

I hope not.. kaman is good.. barbosa is fine but I don't want him that bad.. especially since we have a bit of a "past" with him. Also really don't want to get rid of AJ.. The guy is pretty important to our bench. He really has his stuff together for a young player as well.

Besides, if we traded away AJ, we might be trading Sookie away too.. Just not worth it!

sportfireman
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I hope not.. kaman is good.. barbosa is fine but I don't want him that bad.. especially since we have a bit of a "past" with him. Also really don't want to get rid of AJ.. The guy is pretty important to our bench. He really has his stuff together for a young player as well.

Besides, if we traded away AJ, we might be trading Sookie away too.. Just not worth it!

Didn't say I wanted it. I just have a feeling it will happen..... and Sookie... please don't go.:angel:

Hicks
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
If we could just add Barbosa for "free" or close to free (2nd round pick), I'd be happy with that.

Barbos and Hill playing together covers the backcourt nicely off the bench (both are combo guards, either can handle the ball, either can be a shooter/scorer offensively). Easily worth benching AJ, I think.

If they must keep DC starting at the 1:

DC/Barbosa
George/Hill
Granger/Jones
West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Lou-Foster

That'll do. AJ can point better than Barbosa, but Leandro is a much bigger offensive weapon IMO. Biggest issue with him is how well can he guard his man. At least here you will usually have George to cover the bigger threat.

xBulletproof
02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I think Bulls reporters are going to be quicker to notice things about us than most of the others. Bulls people saw Paul George last year a lot in the playoffs. They saw the same thing we saw in the playoffs. They know how tough that series was even though they beat us.

Everyone else probably saw parts or caught glimpses, but they watched all of each game. Pretty hard to miss.