PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread (02/21/12)

imbtyler
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Roy Hibbert with a career-high 30 points, plus 13 rebounds.

Paul George with 20 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and a SICK windmill dunk at the end of the game.

An overtime basketball game that ends in a win, our third in a row. I couldn't be a much happier Pacers fan.

Except I wish I hadn't stepped in dog urine in my Pacers socks. Time to hit the washer before tomorrow in Charlotte.

Regardless, :gopacers:

rock747
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Quinn's *** will be on ice tonight...

Trophy
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Quinn's *** will be on ice tonight...

:laugh:

Can someone please put that on here?

It's worth seeing again.

Pacer Fan
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Ya know, as awesome as that windmill was...refs allowed him to travel!!!

immortality
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Time to root for the Grizzlies.

MiaDragon
02-21-2012, 10:01 PM
AJ looked great AGAIN, dare I say better than DC.

I LOVE the fact that we went to PG for the last shot, it didn't fall tonight but the kid can create his own shot and has the confidence to take it. LOVE IT.

I don't think I've seen Roy play with that much aggression, well ever. Not settling for lazy soft put backs but thundering it down, keep it up big man were going to need it.

West looked good on both sides of the ball, the PnR jumper is just about automatic. Its nice to be able to go to that when you need a bucket.

rock747
02-21-2012, 10:01 PM

buzzzkilllll

Dr. Awesome
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Can someone get the PG dunk and the smack on Q's *** on here?

I would give you an Awesome Cookie.

PacerPenguins
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
paul george dunk here

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2012/02/21/0021100482_noh_ind_play5.nba

Stuckey7370
02-21-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish the All Star break started right now. Great game to end the first half on.

imbtyler
02-21-2012, 10:03 PM

:rolleyes:

Oh come on. Seconds left in the game. This was Paul's dagger.

Besides, he grabbed it on that last step before the plant (which he jumped from).

Watch it again (http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2012/02/21/0021100482_noh_ind_play5.nba). Regardless, it was a dagger dunk, and one of magnificence. Who cares about traveling? This is the NBA.

rock747
02-21-2012, 10:04 PM
My favorite part of the *** slap was the fact that everyone around laughed after it happened and it was audible on television.

90'sNBARocked
02-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Roy Hibbert with a career-high 30 points, plus 13 rebounds.

Paul George with 20 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and a SICK windmill dunk at the end of the game.

An overtime basketball game that ends in a win, our third in a row. I couldn't be a much happier Pacers fan.

Except I wish I hadn't stepped in dog urine in my Pacers socks. Time to hit the washer before tomorrow in Charlotte.

Regardless, :gopacers:

DC : 8-11, 1-1(3pt) 8rbs, 6 assist, 1 st, 1 to
AJ : 3-5, 2-3(3pt) 3-3(ft) 1 rb, 1 assist, 1 to

Pacer Fan
02-21-2012, 10:07 PM
buzzzkilllll

Sorry guys, I wasn't looking at it like that...I was looking at it as the REFS allowed a Pacers to travel...that's progress, yes!

Not taking away from his awesome windmill dunk!

:laugh:

sobleski
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
The entire game I was wondering to myself how the Hornets have the record they have. I thought the Honrets played solid on both sides of the court. The boxscore will show that we won in OT at home against the Hornets, but I think this was an impressive victory. The Hornets executed as well as they could and made the Pacers win the game.

Ace E.Anderson
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
A.j price has looked good ever since he got the early season rust knocked off. It'll be interesting who's PT is affected the most when GH comes back. Especially if DC continues to play such bad defense lol

THAT'S the Roy Hibbert we need to see on a more consistant basis!! Ya know, the one from the first 20 games or so.

PG finished the game well after a slow first half. Absolutely SICK dunk!!

West was solid, and DG did his usual of playing to the level of his opponent. Would have rather see him take the last shot, but I think Vogel wanted to experiment with PG in that situation.

Good win, but i kinda wish we didn't need overtime to defeat one of the WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

LoneGranger33
02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
How often does a team shoot 53% in a game and still lose?

immortality
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
A.j price has looked good ever since he got the early season rust knocked off. It'll be interesting who's PT is affected the most when GH comes back. Especially if DC continues to play such bad defense lol

THAT'S the Roy Hibbert we need to see on a more consistant basis!! Ya know, the one from the first 20 games or so.

PG finished the game well after a slow first half. Absolutely SICK dunk!!

West was solid, and DG did his usual of playing to the level of his opponent. Would have rather see him take the last shot, but I think Vogel wanted to experiment with PG in that situation.

Good win, but i kinda wish we didn't need overtime to defeat one of the WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

Ehh. Hornets having been playing well of late. They have been causing problems for some of the elite teams like Spurs and OKC. If they were in the Eastern conference, they would probably be as in the same range as Celtics/Cleveland/Knicks. They play hard, which goes a long way. Just look at how bad Charlotte is, they don't know how to play and don't play with effort.

Trophy
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Time to root for the Grizzlies.

Grizzlies win!

Slick Pinkham
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
PG did not travel

Asher99
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
When Tyler gets 5 or less shots He's now shooting 35.7% from the field, when he gets 10 or more shots he's shooting 46.0% and its 47.9% after his rookie season and when he gets over 15 shots in a game he's shooting 50.2%

LoneGranger33
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Take care of business tomorrow in Charlotte and you've got yourself a healthy and happy team at the All-Star break with 33 down and 33 to go.

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I just hated to see the starters have to play so much tonight with a game tomorrow night.

MiaDragon
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
When Tyler gets 5 or less shots He's now shooting 35.7% from the field, when he gets 10 or more shots he's shooting 46.0% and its 47.9% after his rookie season and when he gets over 15 shots in a game he's shooting 50.2%

Let it go. Tyler is hurting the team right now, just bad basketball.

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm sure I'll be raked over the coals for making this statement, but I still wish Bird had paid to keep Jarrett Jack.

spazzxb
02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I just hated to see the starters have to play so much tonight with a game tomorrow night.

There the ones who put us in a whole early, but I get your point. I am just glad they came through in overtime.

docpaul
02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm sure I'll be raked over the coals for making this statement, but I still wish Bird had paid to keep Jarrett Jack.

Considering all three PG options, at this point in time, Jack would be a better starter for us than either Collison or Hill.

That said, he's not a great long term solution for us at the 1, and Toronto paid way too much for his skill set.

I loved the guy here in Indiana though and was very sad to see him leave. He was a favorite of mine.

Ace E.Anderson
02-21-2012, 10:32 PM

I agree completely. More than anybody Tyler lets the amount of touches he gets affect his entire game. If he isnt scoring, he isnt doing anything but fouling.

P.s. anybody else still think getting Kaman is a bad idea?!?!?!

Pacer Fan
02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I have never cared much for JJ's game. I didn't like him at all when he was here. He has gotten better since then tho.

TheDavisBrothers
02-21-2012, 10:33 PM

:deadhorse

spazzxb
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM

We may not have gotten PG if that had happened. He didn't get paid that much, it was just enough to make us hit the luxury tax. That was a hard line number during the rebuilding process. I hated seeing him go at the time, but I love Paul George.

daschysta
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM

Meaningless stat. When Tyler is shooting well we go to him more/ he's more confident to shoot more. It applies to all players. MOST players don't simply chuck when their shot is off, hence they shoot more when they have it going.

Sandman21
02-21-2012, 10:37 PM
paul george dunk here

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2012/02/21/0021100482_noh_ind_play5.nba

WHY DID THE NBA USE THE HORNETS FEED? WHY!?:bs:

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM

True but they do that a lot in the NBA. Hell, they even started doing this in Europe :p

Trader Joe
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
DC was doing some awesome pointing down the stretch. Had 4 assists from the time he came back in 4th Q to the end of the game, some clutch buckets and was doing a great job keeping the offense moving.

Trophy
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
DC was doing some awesome pointing down the stretch. Had 4 assists from the time he came back in 4th Q to the end of the game, some clutch buckets and was doing a great job keeping the offense moving.

He had a great night.

18 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists.

Trader Joe
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
In fact I think Collison's stats for his time in the 4th Q and OT were 10 points, 4 assists and at least a couple boards.

TheDavisBrothers
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Meaningless stat. When Tyler is shooting well we go to him more/ he's more confident to shoot more. It applies to all players. MOST players don't simply chuck when their shot is off, hence they shoot more when they have it going.

I tried telling him that the last time he brought this up... I guess logic just doesn't work for him

Gold
02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
AJ looked great AGAIN, dare I say better than DC.

I LOVE the fact that we went to PG for the last shot, it didn't fall tonight but the kid can create his own shot and has the confidence to take it. LOVE IT.

I don't think I've seen Roy play with that much aggression, well ever. Not settling for lazy soft put backs but thundering it down, keep it up big man were going to need it.

West looked good on both sides of the ball, the PnR jumper is just about automatic. Its nice to be able to go to that when you need a bucket.

Nah.

rel
02-21-2012, 10:52 PM
WHY DID THE NBA USE THE HORNETS FEED? WHY!?:bs:

for some reason on League Pass I had to watch the Hornets feed too...pretty annoying. I miss me some Denari

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Considering all three PG options, at this point in time, Jack would be a better starter for us than either Collison or Hill.

That said, he's not a great long term solution for us at the 1, and Toronto paid way too much for his skill set.

I loved the guy here in Indiana though and was very sad to see him leave. He was a favorite of mine.

5 mil is paying too much for Jack!?!? Even if he was a b/u, 5 mil is reasonable for his quality.

Toronto overpaid for a PG alright, but it wasn't Jack... Calderon at over 10 mil.

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 10:58 PM
The entire game I was wondering to myself how the Hornets have the record they have. I thought the Honrets played solid on both sides of the court. The boxscore will show that we won in OT at home against the Hornets, but I think this was an impressive victory. The Hornets executed as well as they could and made the Pacers win the game.

They just seem unlucky or eager to tank. They've lost with 2 points 4 times (3 of them in a row against the Rockets, the Spurs and the Mavericks). Out of their 25 losses 17 of them are with ten or less. They give teams a lot of fits, they just are not able to close it out most of the time.

3 8 thee great t h
02-21-2012, 10:58 PM
You know the hornets are not that bad of a team. They are the first ones to actually beat the Unstoppable Jeremy Lin! Lol

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 11:01 PM
We may not have gotten PG if that had happened. He didn't get paid that much, it was just enough to make us hit the luxury tax. That was a hard line number during the rebuilding process. I hated seeing him go at the time, but I love Paul George.

The money wasn't there after Bird gave Foster 6 mil, Dahntay 2.5 mil, and Watson his mils. The money was there, but Bird spent it.

vnzla81
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Yep I got nothing to comment about the game today all I care about is that I got to meet my guy Greivis Vasquez and his friend Gustavo ayon ........... :cool:

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM

Played some good "D" too.

graphic-er
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow what a game, so awesome to see them come out and put the clamps on them in OT.

Granger again showing his clutchness with a big 4th and hitting shots in OT.
Hibbert played great. He had a complete game. I think this was the first game with out the mask?

The will be a really good team in a couple years, if they can keep some of their pieces there.

Kamen has the funniest start when he runs. He has to sort of skip a few times to get into a full stride.

Those who say they would have loved to keep Jack here in Indiana, I agree he is a nice player. However we could not have gotten Paul George, and who knows....maybe JOB would still be coaching this team.....

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Yep I got nothing to comment about the game today all I care about is that I got to meet my guy Greivis Vasquez and his friend Gustavo ayon ........... :cool:

Congrats to you!!

Pacer Fan
02-21-2012, 11:08 PM
He had a great night.

18 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists.

on 8-11 shooting, 1 steal and only 1 Turnover.

Justin Tyme
02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I think this was the first game with out the mask?

Those who say they would have loved to keep Jack here in Indiana, I agree he is a nice player. However we could not have gotten Paul George, and who knows....maybe JOB would still be coaching this team.....

I hadn't even noticed Hibbert wasn't wearing the mask.

Well, when you put that way as I DOOOOOOO like PG!

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I think that 6 or 7 minutes before the end of the 4th I said that DC had a bad game. And 'till then he was kinda mediocre. He played considerably better at the second half of the 4th and in overtime. Also, 8 boards for him is amazing. The offensive board he got was great :)

vnzla81
02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
OK I have something to say :D I hope Bird got to see Kaman in person and is thinking about getting him as soon as possible, at this point I don't even care that he takes into Tyler's minutes either.

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM

I thanked the post because this experience was probably great :D

HC
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
5 mil is paying too much for Jack!?!? Even if he was a b/u, 5 mil is reasonable for his quality.

Toronto overpaid for a PG alright, but it wasn't Jack... Calderon at over 10 mil.

IIRC Pacers could've had Jack if Bird had given Foster a little less money.

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
OK I have something to say :D I hope Bird got to see Kaman in person and is thinking about getting him as soon as possible, at this point I don't even care that he takes into Tyler's minutes either.

Taking Kaman would be a huge luxury. Not that I don't like luxuries :p

vnzla81
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I thanked the post because this experience was probably great :D

I was amazing too bad I got there late and couldn't talk to him that long :(

HC
02-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Too close for comfort. I swear I almost had a few heart attacks tonight. Regardless, gutsy win and the starting 5 showed a lot of character tonight. It's good to be a Pacer fan.

pacer4ever
02-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Tyler for Kaman straight up sounds good to me I doubt NOLA does that though.

Kaman since has has got back looks healthy and looks much better he was awful early this year.

graphic-er
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM

Good point, I don't think Kamen was THAT good though. But guess we only need him to be a back up so it would be a good pick up.

HC
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Tyler for Kaman straight up sounds good to me I doubt NOLA does that though.

Kaman since has has got back looks healthy and looks much better he was awful early this year.

Wouldn't it be worth throwing in a draft pick?

dal9
02-21-2012, 11:17 PM

Actually, this seems to be an area of rare consensus on the forum: we should have kept JJ (especially with the benefit on hindsight).

George Hill?

spazzxb
02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
George Hill?

No, I think its possible Jarrett Jack would have made us better to the point that we wouldn't have been in a position to draft Paul George.

Mackey_Rose
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM

It doesn't even feel like a win when the legend gets froze out like that.

We need to trade him immediately since we're hurting his value by playing him with Foster and asking him to sacrifice by missing so many shots for the good of the team.

Doesn't Vogel know he scored a ton of points in college? Probably more than Vogel did as a water boy for UK, and he is just jealous. That's the only explanation for Vogel having that "fix the offense" aka the learn how to freeze out the legend practice a couple months ago.

Ball don't lie, yo. Word.

croz24
02-21-2012, 11:23 PM

Because most games he's having nights like tonight with a horrid shooting performance. You don't think Vogel then purposefully limits his minutes and touches when he's being a clear detriment to the team? Therefore, your point is moot.

Anthem
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
What was the deal with Danny tonight? The NO announcers kept saying he had a bug, but never more info than that.

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Actually, I'm not disappointed that this was not a blowout. Blowouts lead to overconfidence and this can lead to disaster. Close wins keep the team in perspective and build character to boot. Giving the final shot to PG was a great move.

And, frankly, NOLA is not a team that gets blown out a lot.

Mackey_Rose
02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Another game we don't win without stubby, unathletic, turd of a player, AJ Price.

And please God, Roy, start playing like that consistently again. Hopefully, he is going to get his confidence back and play like the All-Star he was early on.

I don't know what Granger was sick with, but his play made me want to puke

rel
02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
just curious...was Brooke out again today?

HC
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM

Yes, just a pre-recorded interview with West.

HC
02-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Another game we don't win without stubby, unathletic, turd of a player, AJ Price.

And please God, Roy, start playing like that consistently again. Hopefully, he is going to get his confidence back and play like the All-Star he was early on.

I don't know what Granger was sick with, but his play made me want to puke

Granger did have an off night no doubt, but still gotta give him props for holding it together and making a few big shots.

spazzxb
02-21-2012, 11:43 PM

That's a strong statement for a guy who didn't even have a positive plus/minus. Post like these is part of the reason why AJ gets all the grief he does. There was another way to win this game, but its not worth speculating.

TheDavisBrothers

Someone posted in the Brooke thread that she was gonna be back after the all-star break...
If you go to that thread you may find the reason why she's been out, sad story...

ECKrueger
My favorite moment was Roy's back-to-back-to-back dunks. That was nice.

HC
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
My favorite moment was Roy's back-to-back-to-back dunks. That was nice.

Don't forget the defense forcing NO into the shot clock buzzer on back-to-back-to-back possessions. Don't know if I've ever seen that.

vnzla81
02-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Does anybody know what happened to Okafor?

Mackey_Rose
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Thats a strong statement for a guy who didn't even have a positive plus/minus. Post like these is part of the reason why AJ gets all the greif he does. There was another way to win this game, but its not worth arguing about the details.

What is the reason that AJ gets so much grief exactly? I seriously don't get what you're saying.

If you watched that game and did not think that AJ had an extremely positive influence on it, when he was in, we watched a different game. He had 11 points in 14 minutes, but he could have had 0 and he still would have been a major positive because of his play defensively.

What details are there that need to be explained? Your whole post so is so ambiguous and awkward that I don't even know how to address whatever it is you're getting at.

beast23
02-21-2012, 11:51 PM

And tomorrow is Wednesday. Pray tell what does either have to do with tonight's win?

HC
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Does anybody know what happened to Okafor?

Something to do with his knee.

spazzxb
02-22-2012, 12:00 AM
What is the reason that AJ gets so much grief exactly? I seriously don't get what you're saying.

If you watched that game and did not think that AJ had an extremely positive influence on it, when he was in, we watched a different game. He had 11 points in 14 minutes, but he could have had 0 and he still would have been a major positive because of his play defensively.

What details are there that need to be explained? Your whole post so is so ambiguous and awkward that I don't even know how to address whatever it is you're getting at.

You are saying if Aj was sick we lose. That isn't true. It's possible . His promoters over hype every good thing he does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

HC
02-22-2012, 12:01 AM
You are saying if Aj was sick we lose. That isn't true. It's possible . His promoters over hype every good thing he does.

That is a two way street you know. His doubters exaggerate every mistake he makes.

beast23
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Yep... She ought to be glad too. Otherwise she would be at home sitting on ice right now.

spazzxb
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
That is a two way street you know. His doubters exaggerate every mistake he makes.

That happens for the majority of our players.

I can guarantee you in this case that if Mackey hadn't said "we don't win without AJ", I never would have responded. He also said we don't win against New Jersey without AJ, a couple of days ago. I am suggesting if he backed off the hype, people may not disagree with him as much. I think people argue more about the views of the AJ Price fan club, than the actual player.

picasso
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Just read a Nawleans board.. They said that this was EJ's first game attended on the road since his injury

:eek::-o:D

Mackey_Rose
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
All I want is a message board where everybody agrees with everything anybody else writes.

That would be so fun.

HC
02-22-2012, 12:21 AM

I can guarantee you in this case that if Mackey hadn't said "we don't win without AJ", I never would have responded. He also said we don't win against New Jersey without AJ, a couple of days ago. I am suggesting if he backed off the hype, people may not disagree with him as much. I think people argue more about the views of the AJ Price fan club, than the actual player.

I like what AJ brings, and I also understand he has struggled. I guess it is fair to say that it is too small of a sample size to make a fair judgement either way, because he hasn't had any resemblance of regular rotation time until lately. Since he has been getting pt though I think he has shown improvement.

Eddie Gill
02-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Good point, I don't think Kamen was THAT good though. But guess we only need him to be a back up so it would be a good pick up.

I was impressed by what I saw from Kamen tonight - offensively anyway. He missed on two good looks late in the 4th and had they gone in I don't think we're talking about a Pacers win. He hit a couple VERY nice shots tonight on 8-14 shooting.

Sookie

We don't win against New Jersey without AJ.

Tonight, he played well. I think you'd have a hard time saying that we win without any of the guys who played well tonight, playing well, seeing as it went to overtime and all..

I think though, it's absolutely hilarious that people are complaining about AJ hype..

TheDavisBrothers
All I want is a message board where everybody agrees with everything anybody else writes.

That would be so fun.

Mackey World Peace ;):p

presto123
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't care what anybody says the way Tyler is playing right now I would much rather have McRoberts. Does anybody in the NBA force more shots?

graphic-er
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Anyone tell me what happened to Carl Landry tonight?

Asher99
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM

How is hurting the team when his bad games are in Wins? And in our Losses this month Tyler is shooting 45.0% vs 39.8% by the rest of the team.

:deadhorse

Scorers need shots to be scorers.

Our starters this year are at 37.5% with 5 or less shots, West is 41.3% in his career. PG is 40.7%, Big Roy 40.9% DC is 41.9% and Danny is the same as Tyler at 35.7% when getting 5 or less shots.

Clearly not since he hit 6 of 11 shots on February 8th there are his first half attempts totals 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2. 54.6% game lead into 1 first half shot, 66.7 game lead to 1 first half shot, 66.7 lead to 2 first half shots and 75% game lead to 2 first half shots the following game.

He's taken 5 or less shots 11 times in the last 20 games with the low minuets game being today's 15:49. Its only happened 9 times previously in his career while playing that much time or more.

And tomorrow is Wednesday. Pray tell what does either have to do with tonight's win?

We need to give him shots, bench him or trade him before he has no value left because having him play getting limited touches isn't doing him or the team any favors.

Because most games he's having nights like tonight with a horrid shooting performance. You don't think Vogel then purposefully limits his minutes and touches when he's being a clear detriment to the team? Therefore, your point is moot.

Those numbers show he shoots light years better when he gets his shots so give him the shots he needs to be successful or don't give him any. Seems silly to use a player in a role that's negative to him and the team.

We need to trade him immediately since we're hurting his value

If you want to get any value out of the asset you need to move him or give him his shots, Its as black and white as it gets!

You honestly come off as a pathetic loser who isn't happy with his life and someone who lives to knock players and other posters in hopes of making yourself feel like a man. Its cool, I get you have your flaws and shortcomings and that you also have got to be distraught over the way you boy Josh has lost his spot in the rotation out west but I'm actually starting question your cognitive ability to realize whats going on now is devaluing your asset.

Are you a dullard in real life or do you just play one on the internet?

HC
02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't care what anybody says the way Tyler is playing right now I would much rather have McRoberts. Does anybody in the NBA force more shots?

I could live with the missed shots if he was still bringing that energy, tenacity, and toughness that he has often displayed. What happened to that?

presto123
02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Anyone tell me what happened to Carl Landry tonight?

He was among 4 players on the injury list for NO I believe.

graphic-er
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM

If the Pacers were smart they would start feeding Tyler more shots and inflate his trade value.

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 12:32 AM
He was among 4 players on the injury list for NO I believe.

ACL injury I believe.

spazzxb
Since he has been getting pt though I think he has shown improvement.

certainly, his shots been falling and he is noticeably less selfish with the starters.Also he has been a better defender than DC.

Nuntius
I can guarantee you in this case that if Mackey hadn't said "we don't win without AJ", I never would have responded. He also said we don't win against New Jersey without AJ, a couple of days ago.

I believe that the reason he said that (and the reason he used this exact wording) was to "get back" to a guy who earlier in the season used these words for AJ. I'm not convinced that this is about AJ entirely. I believe he just uses this as a reminder that he is not the only poster to flame or hate on one of our players (not that we need a reminder about it but anyway).

presto123
02-22-2012, 12:33 AM
If the Pacers were smart they would start feeding Tyler more shots and inflate his trade value.

The only way I want him taking more shots is good shots. I think the whole league has figured out his drive across the lane force up a shot put move.

TheDavisBrothers
02-22-2012, 12:34 AM

I think they are more concerned with this thing called winning, over inflating numbers...

Asher99
02-22-2012, 12:34 AM

Josh is racking up DNP-CD's and cleaning up blow outs so he can clearly be had on the cheap. I'm sure the Lakers would love to take Tyler for Josh and use him if they move Pau or move Tyler to a 3rd team as part of a bigger deal.

graphic-er
02-22-2012, 12:35 AM
certainly, his shots been falling and he is noticeably less selfish with the starters.Also he has been a better defender than DC.

I will give AJ his props we has strung together a nice handful of games recently, but he still plays more like a shooting guard than Point. He is just a better defender than DC, so its like a breath of fresh air.

presto123
02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Josh is racking up DNP-CD's and cleaning up blow outs so he can clearly be had on the cheap. I'm sure the Lakers would love to take Tyler for Josh and use him if they move Pau or move Tyler to a 3rd team as part of a bigger deal.

Don't think Larry would agree with me though. I like Tyler he just is not playing smart basketball right now.

graphic-er
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
How is hurting the team when his bad games are in Wins? And in our Losses this month Tyler is shooting 45.0% vs 39.8% by the rest of the team.

Scorers need shots to be scorers.

Our starters this year are at 37.5% with 5 or less shots, West is 41.3% in his career. PG is 40.7%, Big Roy 40.9% DC is 41.9% and Danny is the same as Tyler at 35.7% when getting 5 or less shots.

Clearly not since he hit 6 of 11 shots on February 8th there are his first half attempts totals 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2. 54.6% game lead into 1 first half shot, 66.7 game lead to 1 first half shot, 66.7 lead to 2 first half shots and 75% game lead to 2 first half shots the following game.

He's taken 5 or less shots 11 times in the last 20 games with the low minuets game being today's 15:49. Its only happened 9 times previously in his career while playing that much time or more.

We need to give him shots, bench him or trade him before he has no value left because having him play getting limited touches isn't doing him or the team any favors.

Those numbers show he shoots light years better when he gets his shots so give him the shots he needs to be successful or don't give him any. Seems silly to use a player in a role that's negative to him and the team.

If you want to get any value out of the asset you need to move him or give him his shots, Its as black and white as it gets!

Here is the deal though, if Tyler isn't getting his 10 shots a game like you say he should, then he isn't even having any sort of positive impact on the game at all. We can talk all day about shot attempts, but the guy doesn't show any ability to defend or rebound on a consistent level. You don't just give a guy 10 shots a game to hope that he plays better. He has to show he can do the little things. Alot of guys in this leaugue could hit 40-50% off the bench if you give them 10-12 shots a game.

Nuntius
02-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Tyler plays nice when he gets to the free throw line a lot. If he doesn't get to the line, he is not as effective as he normally is. Eventually, I hope that he will be able to get to the free throw line 5-6 times a game so he will be effective.

That said, I do believe that he needs to stop letting the calls affecting his play.

HC
02-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Here is the deal though, if Tyler isn't getting his 10 shots a game like you say he should, then he isn't even having any sort of positive impact on the game at all. We can talk all day about shot attempts, but the guy doesn't show any ability to defend or rebound on a consistent level. You don't just give a guy 10 shots a game to hope that he plays better. He has to show he can do the little things. Alot of guys in this leaugue could hit 40-50% off the bench if you give them 10-12 shots a game.

He has shown the ability to do the little things, just not much, if at all, lately. I don't know what happened.

Asher99
02-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Don't think Larry would agree with me though. I like Tyler he just is not playing smart basketball right now.

He's scoring 16.1 PPG in his career when he gets 10 or more shots and is at 14.6 when doing so off the bench. He's not a shot blockers, passer, great defender or plus rebounded. He's a scorer and agitator and its hard to do those two things when getting 5 or less shots like he's done 6 games in a row and 9 of 20 games since Frank had his fix the offense practice resulting in us playing 11-9 over that period.

I've been on this same gripe ever since I saw his usage drop shortly after that practice and like clock work the 2 games he's got big shot totals in he shot 50% going 12-for-24 and scored 32 points in the 2 games and after both games people come here and talk about Tyler being back, and then we get the same posts about how he's lost when he gets sparse shots off.

spazzxb
02-22-2012, 12:56 AM
We don't win against New Jersey without AJ.

Tonight, he played well. I think you'd have a hard time saying that we win without any of the guys who played well tonight, playing well seeing as it went to overtime and all..

I think though, it's absolutely hilarious that people are complaining about AJ hype..

Remember the other time we played New Jersey? Why wouldn't Lance be able to do what he had just done one week prior(you were even impressed with Lance against New Jersey in that game, I believe). I took the "we don't win without" comment as being somewhat insulting to Lance, who played less than 5 minutes in the most recent game.

Someone needed to stop Marrow from posing them up, Aj price got the job done. Lance wasn't given the chance that game but there is precedent that says he could have gotten the job done. Actually precedent says Lance doesn't need someone to guard Dwill for him.

I wouldn't disagree with someone saying AJ helped us(both DC and GH struggled to do what he did).

The AJ fan club is small, but there members are very committed.

TheDavisBrothers
02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
He's scoring 16.1 PPG in his career when he gets 10 or more shots and is at 14.6 when doing so off the bench. He's not a shot blockers, passer, great defender or plus rebounded. He's a scorer and agitator and its hard to do those two things when getting 5 or less shots like he's done 6 games in a row and 9 of 20 games since Frank had his fix the offense practice resulting in us playing 11-9 over that period.

I've been on this same gripe ever since I saw his usage drop shortly after that practice and like clock work the 2 games he's got big shot totals in he shot 50% going 12-for-24 and scored 32 points in the 2 games and after both games people come here and talk about Tyler being back, and then we get the same posts about how he's lost when he gets sparse shots off.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

MagicRat
02-22-2012, 01:00 AM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/bigroyqb.jpg

Asher99
02-22-2012, 01:09 AM

Tyler has far better stats across the board when he's getting his shots. He's at 7.1 rebounds a game to go with his 16.1 PPG when he gets 10 or more shots, has 6 Double-Doubles off the bench when getting 10 or more shots, he has 6 3 assist games when getting 10 or more shots and 6 3 steal games when getting his shots.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

If you don't like it put me on ignore or don't respond. That issues can be solved easier than the solution of how to get better games out of Tyler.

MagicRat
02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/snOGDvUjVEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheDavisBrothers
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Tyler has far better stats across the board when he's getting his shots. He's at 7.1 rebounds a game to go with his 61.1 PPG when he gets 10 or more shots, has 6 Double-Doubles off the bench when getting 10 or more shots, he has 6 3 assist games when getting 10 or more shots and 6 3 steal games when getting his shots.

If you don't like it put me on ignore or don't respond. That issues can be solved easier than the solution of how to get better games out of Tyler.

61.1 PPG!? Damn we really should play him more often!
Why would I block you? You're the halarious gift that keeps giving...

Asher99
02-22-2012, 01:25 AM
61.1 PPG!? Damn we really should play him more often!
Why would I block you? You're the halarious gift that keeps giving...

If you're going to knock someone's typo then spell all the words right. If you do that then maybe it would be hilarious.

Kemo
02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Paul George made NBA.com's Dunk of the Night

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2012/02/21/20120221_dotn.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

AesopRockOn
02-22-2012, 01:49 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/snOGDvUjVEs" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

A positive, focused Roy may be the most likeable player in the league, Jeremy lincluded.

rel
02-22-2012, 02:09 AM

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2012/02/21/20120221_dotn.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Hibby's block on Ayon got Block of the Night as well

rock747
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/snOGDvUjVEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As Roy walked back to the locker room, Quinn had dropped to the hardwood clenching his ***.

ilive4sports
02-22-2012, 03:00 AM

Oh my, that was beautiful. With Paul's length, the windmill is a good choice.

CableKC
02-22-2012, 03:10 AM
The Starters will have 5 days to rest....they just need to suck it up...or hopefully, the 2nd unit can step up.

CableKC
02-22-2012, 03:16 AM

You are right....the Raptors front loaded but overpaid for Jack....but he is currently owed $5 and $5.4 mil over the next 2 years. As a backup 6th to 7th PG/SG that is a decent Starter / solid Backup Player....thats a decent price for a player of his caliber.

imawhat
02-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Welcome back Roy Hibbert! That's all I have/need.

xBulletproof
02-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Tyler has far better stats across the board when he's getting his shots. He's at 7.1 rebounds a game to go with his 16.1 PPG when he gets 10 or more shots, has 6 Double-Doubles off the bench when getting 10 or more shots, he has 6 3 assist games when getting 10 or more shots and 6 3 steal games when getting his shots.

I'll put this as gently as I can. You're being asinine.

Tyler plays well, he gets more shots. Tyler plays bad, he gets less shots. This isn't rocket science and nobody in their right mind is going to FORCE minutes and shots to a guy who isn't making shots just because statistically they shoot better when they shoot more. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

Can you imagine Tyler in the huddle?

"Hey guys, I'm 0-5 shooting so far, but since I'm shooting 50% when I take 15 shots per game, we should make sure I get 10 more shots! I'm destined to make 8 of my next 10. That's exactly how statistics work, isn't it?!"

Yeah, I bet that would go over well. This is the silly logic you get when you like a player more than the team.

Bball
02-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Can you imagine Tyler in the huddle?

"Hey guys, I'm 0-5 shooting so far, but since I'm shooting 50% when I take 15 shots per game, we should make sure I get 10 more shots! I'm destined to make 8 of my next 10. That's exactly how statistics work, isn't it?!"

Jim O'Brien would understand and see the point in that argument... although since we're talking shots inside the arc it wouldn't matter to him...

Asher99
02-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I'll put this as gently as I can. You're being asinine.

Tyler plays well, he gets more shots. Tyler plays bad, he gets less shots. This isn't rocket science and nobody in their right mind is going to FORCE minutes and shots to a guy who isn't making shots just because statistically they shoot better when they shoot more. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

Its not forcing anything its giving him what he's always been allowed to have up until 20 games ago when we had the changed the offense practice going 11-9 since. 5.8 Attempts per game is what he's had over the last 20 and that's with 24 shots combined in 2 of the games, and in those 2 games he's at 16 PPG on 50% shooting.

He's seen just under 4.5 shots PER36 below his career average over these last 20 games even with the 21% of his total shots over the period coming in 10% of the games. In the other 18 games if you dropped the games when he's been given the rock he's at 5.1 attempts per game and a PER36 down to 8.9 attempts per game, only Foster shoots the ball on a lesser clip on our team.

What's happen over the last 20 games is virtually impossible for a guy who wants to score every time and been called a black hole because so. Its taking more effort for him not to get the shots than it would be to get them! Seriously 7 games with 2 or less shots in the first half, and last 6 games at 5 or less shots. He's was supposed to be our big weapon off the bench but has been 9th on the team in attempts over the period since his last big game.

If we don't want to give him shots we should use Lou who will block a lot of shots and help more on defense and he will only shoot off scraps and let the guards and Jones take all of our shots.

able
02-22-2012, 06:14 AM
I agree that Lou should be ahead of him on the depth chart.

As long as Tyler keeps playing the way he is, he is playing himself out of the rotation alltogether, there is so much time a coach and a CEO will allot you, he has gotten way more than most would have had.

Your chicken/egg reasoning on his ppg is totally uninteresting, because A: you abuse stats by doing what you are doing, heck a 2nd hand car salesman would be ashamed of that, it's like " this car has done 150k i know, but stats show that all the cars that don't break down to a 150k 50% of them reaches 160k!"
B: you forget to mention what is there first, his abysmal shot or the volume, if he misses 5 times, than he has taken 4 shots to many.
C: Tyler and defense, they don't mix, at least not very well, he is always out of position, which at this stage of the season is an affront to the coach and the team in general, so it is obvious he is not "getting" it. even on offense he often is "in the way" in his haste to get another shot up.

If i was the only one saying these things your schtick of me hating Tyler would perhaps stick, but as it is to many are noticing what I see, I was just as ruthless on Saras and I never was a fan of Baby Al when he returned to the franchise, heck i hated Stephen Jackson and his "let's throw another one up for good measure"
I support the Pacers, done so for many years, Tyler is not akin to the Pacers, he is one of the players, that come and go, like Reggie, Dale, Rik, they all went, JO, JT, they too went.
Some leave on their terms, some don't, but in the end there is the Pacers.
Tyler at this moment in time is a detriment to the team.

yoadknux
02-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Did you guys see that George tried to beat the buzzer with the Granger move? :laugh:

McKeyFan
02-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Someone posted in the Brooke thread that she was gonna be back after the all-star break...
If you go to that thread you may find the reason why she's been out, sad story...

Here's the brief explanation (so no one thinks it is something disreputable or tarnishes her character):

Less than a year ago, her new husband died in an accident after ten days of marriage. He had been a star quarterback for the University of Oregon. (see http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffar...ndy-colli.html)

He proposed to her on Valentines Day last year, right around the time she started missing around here. The speculation is that she has been given some time off to appropriately deal with the grief.

Asher99
02-22-2012, 07:28 AM
If i was the only one saying these things your schtick of me hating Tyler would perhaps stick, but as it is to many are noticing what I see

Difference is you knock him even when he has a sold game, your ratio of talking about to in game action to knocking Tyler since I found this place has been astonishing.

Every bit of statical information shows he has far better games when he gets his shots vs when he doesn't.

35.7% with 5 or less shots is real
46.0% when at 10 or more shots is Real and the 47.9% the last 2 years is also Real
49.9% as a starter is real
50.2% when over 15 shots is real
16.1 PPG when getting 10 or more shots is Real
14.6 PPG when getting 10 or more doing so off the bench is Real
7.1 RPG when getting his shots is Real

I know you don't want him to do good at all, but as a Pacers fan you should want him to get his shots even if its for the next few weeks so we can trade him. The Tyler getting big scoring games off the bench can net you something of value the Tyler getting around 5 shots a game isn't going to get you anything.

Also I know Tyler isn't a great defender but he isn't as bad as you make him out to be at all!

daschysta
02-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Difference is you knock him even when he has a sold game, your ratio of talking about to in game action to knocking Tyler since I found this place has been astonishing.

Every bit of statical information shows he has far better games when he gets his shots vs when he doesn't.

35.7% with 5 or less shots is real
46.0% when at 10 or more shots is Real and the 47.9% the last 2 years is also Real
49.9% as a starter is real
50.2% when over 15 shots is real
16.1 PPG when getting 10 or more shots is Real
14.6 PPG when getting 10 or more doing so off the bench is Real
7.1 RPG when getting his shots is Real

I know you don't want him to do good at all, but as a Pacers fan you should want him to get his shots even if its for the next few weeks so we can trade him. The Tyler getting big scoring games off the bench can net you something of value the Tyler getting around 5 shots a game isn't going to get you anything.

Also I know Tyler isn't a great defender but he isn't as bad as you make him out to be at all!

If you still don't understand that your whole entire argument is a tautology... :rolleyes:.

Justin Tyme
02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
I like what AJ brings, and I also understand he has struggled. I guess it is fair to say that it is too small of a sample size to make a fair judgement either way, because he hasn't had any resemblance of regular rotation time until lately. Since he has been getting pt though I think he has shown improvement.

Once Hill comes back Price's PT and game will be fairly non-existant. That's a shame, b/c it's beginning to look like his game is coming around. The best thing for AJ is Bird trades him to a team that needs PG help.

Asher99
02-22-2012, 08:04 AM
While everyone wants to talk about what Tyler isn't this is what he is this year.

13th in points off the bench only 2 players in front of him have less shots, they are 3 and 15 points ahead of him with the next closest having 63 more shots the furthest away has 190 more shots. He's ranked 5th in total points off the bench if you take out guards and is 3rd at PF.

He's taken the 3rd most FT of anyone off the bench this year and #1 of the non guards, he has the 15th most steals off the bench this year 4th among non guards. Even as a terrible passer he more than holds his own in assists in the bench PF/C class ranking T-20th overall. He's has the 9th most rebounds off the bench and is 4 from 8th place in one less game. He's 6th in offensive boards 1 from 5th and 3 from 4th in one less game and 8 from the leader also in one less game.

Justin Tyme
02-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Less than a year ago, her new husband died in a car crash after ten days of marriage.

WHAT??

That's not what I read. Died while working out.

Mackey_Rose
02-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Remember the other time we played New Jersey? Why wouldn't Lance be able to do what he had just done one week prior(you were even impressed with Lance against New Jersey in that game, I believe). I took the "we don't win without" comment as being somewhat insulting to Lance, who played less than 5 minutes in the most recent game.

Someone needed to stop Marrow from posing them up, Aj price got the job done. Lance wasn't given the chance that game but there is precedent that says he could have gotten the job done. Actually precedent says Lance doesn't need someone to guard Dwill for him.

I wouldn't disagree with someone saying AJ helped us(both DC and GH struggled to do what he did).

The AJ fan club is small, but there members are very committed.

Why would you take that comment as an insult to Lance? Lance was never mentioned, and was certainly not even a factor in my thinking.

Mackey_Rose
02-22-2012, 08:38 AM

You honestly come off as a pathetic loser who isn't happy with his life and someone who lives to knock players and other posters in hopes of making yourself feel like a man. Its cool, I get you have your flaws and shortcomings and that you also have got to be distraught over the way you boy Josh has lost his spot in the rotation out west but I'm actually starting question your cognitive ability to realize whats going on now is devaluing your asset.

Are you a dullard in real life or do you just play one on the internet?

I am not a Lakers fan. Unlike you, I actually like the Pacers. I haven't paid much attention to what's going on out in LA, and hence, I can't really say what happened with McRoberts that he lost his spot in the rotation. Frankly, I just don't really care, and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with what is going on here in Indiana.

I have no interest in what we are doing to "devalue our asset." I'd rather Tyler start contributing again on the floor, rather than us try to make some lame attempt to showcase him for a trade. By any measure, the Pacers are in the midst of a very successful season. They've certainly exceeded my expectations. Your continued arguments that we need to make all these changes in order to get Tyler more shots, might make some sense if he was playing well and the team was losing. Unfortunately for you, that's exactly the opposite of what has been happening.

I wish Tyler would expand his game and learn to contribute in other ways, rather than simply making shots, but that probably isn't going to happen yet this year. He's always been an extremely one-dimensional player, and I really wouldn't expect that to change a whole lot during his career. So on that note, I hope he starts making more shots.

He is, what he is. He's a low-percentage, volume shooting, scorer, who is entirely dependent upon getting to the free throw line in order to do his scoring. He is a below-average everything else. Unfortunately, as he gets more time in the league, the scouting report is going to be easier and easier to recognize. If you simply hold your ground, and don't foul him, he'll end up throwing up some horribly ugly, over-the-shoulder prayer, that goes in about 1/3 of the time. It isn't a sustainable form of offense. That's all you have to do to defend him. Simply don't foul him, and he's basically screwed.

We don't really have any other options, although Lou has to be wondering what would have to happen for him to get some minutes, so Tyler is going to play. He's going to play big minutes. He has to.

However, your argument that he needs to be force-fed shots is just ridiculous. Why does it only seem to come up after we win? Perhaps because the team's end result is of no interest to you, as long as the legend is getting his looks.

Asher99
02-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I am not a Lakers fan. Unlike you, I actually like the Pacers....

I'll be honest I stopped reading here, sorry you wasted your time. But I will post one last thing to this comment before I send you back to ignore like several people suggested I do with you.

I have watched every second of every game this year even if we're down 30 or up 30 and it doesn't matter if Tyler is in or out or even if its Pendergraph in finishing off a blow out and spend way to much time on this board. While you on the other hand have posted several times about how little you've watched this year so you can save the whole liking the Pacers more or bigger Fan BS because its pure ****!

McKeyFan
02-22-2012, 09:10 AM
WHAT??

That's not what I read. Died while working out.

My bad. I'll edit. I skimmed it and early on it said "accident" so I made a presumption.

Thanks.

Unclebuck
02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
A win is always good. But I'm surprised so many are happy with the way the Pacers played tonight. Sure there were a few good individual performances, but the Pacers ball movement was almost nonexistant and the pacers made a ton of defensive mistakes. (Sure the Hornets played well), but I don't think the pacers played well at all.

crunk-juice
02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
A win is always good. But I'm surprised so many are happy with the way the Pacers played tonight. Sure there were a few good individual performances, but the Pacers ball movement was almost nonexistant and the pacers made a ton of defensive mistakes. (Sure the Hornets played well), but I don't think the pacers played well at all.

no kidding. and the Hornets have like 3 decent players.

The Sleeze
02-22-2012, 09:31 AM

We looked really bad defensively, this was NO's highest point total for the year so far. Granted they shot 70% in the first half, but the reason they shot that was because they were getting wide open looks.

MagicRat
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Can someone get the PG dunk and the smack on Q's *** on here?

I would give you an Awesome Cookie.

:tap:

able
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

xBulletproof
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
After my mini rant I skimmed through the rest of this thread, and I just want to say this, I REALLY liked Tyler. Most of what I saw screamed 6th man potential down the road in his first couple years. At some point though you have to be realistic about what you're seeing and he just isn't what I hoped he would become. I will say as the year has gone on he's taken a huge step forward in passing the ball. Defensively though he makes as many mental errors as I crap on Lance for. Sitting just a couple rows off the floor like I do, you can see guys get frustrated with him more than anyone about his defensive mistakes.

Also, on the Paul George travel call the dancing ref (dunno if you guys saw this at home, he did a strange dance copying the foot movement he was calling a travel on Hibbert for earlier in the game) was being mocked by a guy right in front of me. He was mocking the refs dance and everyone was booing him and throwing a fit. My goodness the ref couldn't have handled it any better. He stood there looking at the guy dancing like "WTF are you doing?" for a second .... then he looked away and as people kept yelling he looked back with a slightly amused look on his face on put his hands out, palms down motioning for everyone to calm down. The look on his face was awesome. I wish I had my camera out at that moment.

Groove1
02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
The nice thing about watching the Pacers win on FoxSportsIndiana, is watching the replay of the game as they win again.

spazzxb
02-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Why would you take that comment as an insult to Lance? Lance was never mentioned, and was certainly not even a factor in my thinking.

I am sure you can see whats going on here. I guess I just need to assume when you say "we don't win without player A", that you don't really mean,"we wouldn't have won the game without player A". I said it was somewhat insulting to Lance, however in reality I am using him as an example to prove that its not an accurate statement. Without AJ our other players were still capable of winning.

I know you enough to understand that alot of things you write aren't to be taken word for word. However, when someone assumes you actually mean the words you write its pretty easy to disagree with you. Maybe you just like to take extreme positions, but they are begging to be argued with.

Mackey_Rose
02-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I am sure you can see whats going on here. I guess I just need to assume when you say "we don't win without player A", that you don't really mean,"we wouldn't have won the game without player A". I said it was somewhat insulting to Lance, however in reality I am using him as an example to prove that its not an accurate statement. Without AJ our other players were still capable of winning.

I know you enough to understand that alot of things you write aren't to be taken word for word. However, when someone assumes you actually mean the words you write its pretty easy to disagree with you. Maybe you just like to take extreme positions, but they are begging to be argued with.

You've never even met me.

spazzxb
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
You've never even met me.

I have been reading your posts for years. I know a bit about Mackey Rose. As far as pacers digest goes you are what you write.

Anthem
02-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Yep... She ought to be glad too. Otherwise she would be at home sitting on ice right now.
I can't figure out what this means.

Anthem
02-22-2012, 08:03 PM

That would be so fun.
You know, I've never really thought about it that way, but I think you're completely right. Thanks for posting.

TheDavisBrothers
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I can't figure out what this means.

Instead of Brooke doing the postgame interview, Buckner did and Big Roy slapped him on the @$$ hella hard at the end of it :laugh: