PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson to miss All Star game?

pacerDU
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
"#Hawks All-Star Joe Johnson has returned to Atlanta for an MRI on his left knee. He will not be in uniform for the next two games."

http://twitter.com/HawksPRGuy/statuses/172033306983022592

If he can't go, I wonder if Danny replaces him? Being that it's a Hawks player missing the game, they would maybe decide to replace him with Josh Smith.

CJ Jones
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Smith deserved it anyway IMO.

The Sleeze
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I think Josh Smith gets the nod over Danny, but not because he is on the Hawks, I think a lot of the people that make the decision had him as the first replacement player.

imbtyler
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd also say Smith makes it over Granger. It'd be great if he did, though, to further represent our Pacers while they're on their up-and-up.

BringJackBack
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Wouldn't it have to be a 2/3 though?

Nuntius
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't it have to be a 2/3 though?

Still they would slide Josh Smith to the 3. It makes sense because the Hawks have to a representative and because Smith deserved it over Joe anyway.

MiaDragon
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
To be honest Id rather Danny take the time off anyway. Rest, relax and finish strong.

pacerDU
02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
To be honest Id rather Danny take the time off anyway. Rest, relax and finish strong.

I agree. Plus being a replacement all-star wouldn't really have the same feeling of recognition as being named originally.

LA_Confidential
02-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I almost feel sorry for the Hawks. They were a young, uber talented team who in my opinion were point guard away from really contending in the east. Now they are filled with a bunch of albatross contracts with seemingly no shot at getting better than they already are. Injuries have played a big role in it, especially losing Horford but even still with Joe's deal they have no shot in adding anything significant.

Hopefully we don't end up like the Hawks because we failed to find a worthy point guard to steer the ship.

Sparhawk
02-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I almost feel sorry for the Hawks. They were a young, uber talented team who in my opinion were point guard away from really contending in the east. Now they are filled with a bunch of albatross contracts with seemingly no shot at getting better than they already are. Injuries have played a big role in it, especially losing Horford but even still with Joe's deal they have no shot in adding anything significant.

Hopefully we don't end up like the Hawks because we failed to find a worthy point guard to steer the ship.

They should have traded Smith a long time ago for a point/picks/center. I have no clue why they keep him.

mattie
02-21-2012, 09:25 PM
There's Paul's three! ohhhhhhhhhh whistle.

mattie
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Easy. He can do that all day if he just does it.

MiaDragon
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
There's Paul's three! ohhhhhhhhhh whistle.

:hmm:

BPump33
02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Shaun Powell @Powell2daPeople
Rondo replaces Joe Johnson for All-Star Game. What Josh Smith be feelin right now.

Pacergeek
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
The celtics get 2 all stars with a losing record? What a joke. No consistency at all in the reserve selection process. Monta Ellis and Demarcus Cousins were both excluded because they are on bad teams.

pacerDU
02-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah that seems a little odd. A losing team simply shouldn't have 2 all-stars.

Having said that I do think Rondo is more deserving than Paul Pierce. I think Pierce just got in because of his passing Bird on the Celtics scoring list.

I'd probably be a little peeved if I was a Hawks fan.

_The_Future_
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Rondo?!:rolleyes:

PacersFan1991
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
What a joke

The Sleeze
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I personally don't have a problem with it, but I think it's funny that the NBA would suspend a player for 2 games for throwing a ball at the ref but allow him to play in the All-Star game.

Kstat
02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
The celtics get 2 all stars with a losing record? What a joke. No consistency at all in the reserve selection process. Monta Ellis and Demarcus Cousins were both excluded because they are on bad teams.

...and the fact they play in another conference? Just maybe?

SycamoreKen
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM

.....and that the players selected ahead of them are better? How could Cousins even be mentioned as an all-star yet?

Pingu
02-23-2012, 01:06 AM
KD is replacing Johnson in the three point shooting contest. I like that, I'm looking forward to watching it.

The Sleeze
02-23-2012, 10:58 AM

I think he was trying to make the point that Ellis and Cousins didn't make the All-Star game because they are on bad teams, so why should the Celtics get 2 guys when they have been pretty bad.

I don't think he was saying that Ellis and Cousins should have been picked for the EAST all-stars, I think he realizes that they are in a different conference.

Kstat
02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Given that neither of them was more deserving than the guys that got selected....

Was Cousins more deserving than Bynum? Aldridge? Love? Dirk? Hell no.

Was Monta more deserving than Kobe? Westbrook? Parker? Nash. Nope.