PDA

View Full Version : Turn to NBATV, now!!

I Love P
02-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Reggie's 25 fourth quarter points vs NYK.

Peck
02-21-2012, 12:20 AM
How sick am I that I was mad that the Pacers shot 1-10 from the free throw line early in the game? My wife looked at me as though I had lost my mind when I cursed when Antonio banged one off of the back rim.

90'sNBARocked
02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
My favorite call was when Reg hit the 3 off the break when dale almost charged over starks and Marv Levy said "Just an astonishing shooting exhibition"

Day-V
02-21-2012, 12:31 AM
My favorite call was when Reg hit the 3 off the break when dale almost charged over starks

Please. Dale Davis wouldn't dare "charge". John Starks was just stupid enough to get in his way. Dale, of course, was just smart enough to pass it out to Reggie for the three.

Dale Davis.

jrockne
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
What a 4th quarter performance. I sure miss Miller Time.

90'sNBARocked
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Please. Dale Davis wouldn't dare "charge". John Starks was just stupid enough to get in his way. Dale, of course, was just smart enough to pass it out to Reggie for the three.

Dale Davis.

Remember Pat Riley screaming at Charles Smith to cover Reg

PaceBalls
02-21-2012, 12:59 AM
man, that was awesome. I wonder how that interaction between Reggie and Spike would be handled in today's NBA?

jrockne
02-21-2012, 01:08 AM
man, that was awesome. I wonder how that interaction between Reggie and Spike would be handled in today's NBA?

Yeah, I'm guessing Reggie may have been suspended or at least gotten a Technical in today's NBA. The spike at the end of the game would be a huge deal as well.

PaceBalls
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing Reggie may have been suspended or at least gotten a Technical in today's NBA. The spike at the end of the game would be a huge deal as well.

It was the perfect end to that game... slamming the ball down after a completely dominating, really pissed off performance in NYC as a big middle finger to the whole city.

I don't know if there has ever been another Pacer game that gave me more satisfaction. The 8pts 9seconds was a more thrilling ending, but that 4th quarter in this game was as good as it gets.

In today's care bear NBA Reggie probably would have been T'd up and tossed and I think Spike would have been asked to leave, maybe not since he is such a celebrity.

I wish they would let the guys get into more of these mind games with each other. I enjoy watching the psychological battles between fierce competitors. The NBA has grown so stale in comparison to the good old days.

Pacergeek
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Spike Lee was acting like a fool. He was helping Reggie out by getting him so pumped up. Miller was in full eff you mode just to show up Spike Lee.