PDA

View Full Version : Area 55 Chant Suggestions: IND vs NOLA 2/21/2012

Sandman21
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Fresh off stomping a mudhole in the Charlotte Bobcats on Sunday (which allowed Area55 to break out the previously suggested by Naptown Seth "Naptown-Beatdown" chant for the first time) , the Pacers return tomorrow to Bankers Life to welcome the OLD, yet almost as putrid as the new, Charlotte franchise from New Orleans (soon to be Seattle?) to town, and look for a chance to go for their third straight W.

Unfortunately for the Hornets and North Central High School, "hometown hero" and massively wanted on this forum Hornets SG Eric Gordon is still hurt. For that matter, so is Vincennes and Purdue alum Carl Landry, as he will not play tonight against Oklahoma City (yet ANOTHER former home of the Hornets). While Pacers ticket staff are probably a little disappointed that they likely won't draw the crowd they would have gotten if they were healthy, I'm personally disappointed for another reason: We can't hurt a fan's feelings for booing a "hometown hero" this time.:laugh:

But let's look at the bright side, as I was looking at notes for New Orleans' game tonight, we can draw solace in the fact that there will STILL be a homecoming of sorts tomorrow night. Not only will former Pacer Jarrett Jack be returning to his home for a season, but as of last Wednesday, the Hornets signed THIS guy:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3010.png&w=350&h=254

That's right, tomorrow night is the RETURN OF SOLO!

Anyway, so I can stop ripping off IndyHoya's pregame writeups and get back to the point, Area 55 is looking for chants focused towards Aminu, Ariza, Jarrett, and Gustavo Ayon (I have NO IDEA how to pronounce that by the way). but as always, the books is wide open for PG-rated chants.

As usual, put them here or send them over to @area55chants, @pacers_chants, @thesandman21 or @letstalkpacers on Twitter.

I know the Hornets are 7-26, but we (nor the Pacers themselves) can't overlook them tomorrow night. So let's BRING IT!

Steagles
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
"Sup-er Son-ics" clap, clap, clap clap clap
Or replace "super" with "future"

Something about going back to NOLA for Mardi Gras, which is tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Dgreenwell3
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
For ariza "better as a laker clapping"

Pingu
02-20-2012, 06:16 PM
May I suggest something nice for Brooke if she's back for that game (or when she's back in general), like in the pregame or during a timeout?

idioteque
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Anytime a Hornets big is on the free throw line chant, "SOLO'S-BETTER" clap clap clap clap clap. Yes, you are indirectly supporting a Hornets player, but you're much more so mocking whoever is at the line.

If Solo gets to the line, "MVP, MVP"

CableKC
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM
'don't match any offer that the Pacers make to EJ...no matter how low it is. He likes Indy more than NOLA'

is that too long of a chant?

KingGeorge
02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Whenever Chris Kaman goes to the line, you guys should chant, "grizzly adams" clap clap clap clap clap

bshall
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
We'll take Eric clap clap clap clap clap

PacersFan1991
02-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Not sure what exactly, but make some reference to David Stern.

BPump33
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I know we'll end up doing some kind of Gordon chant about him coming here, but I really hope we don't. I think it's kind of crappy to our guys that we have, but that's just me.

Yes, coming from the guy who was fine with the "Reggie Bush" chant.

TheDon
02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I was really trying to come up with some chant for you guys, but in all honesty that roster is probably more insulting than anything I could come up with to add to it

shags
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Not sure what exactly, but make some reference to David Stern.

That's an absolute must. "Stern's won Seven" (for the amount of Hornets wins), isn't great.

So my suggestion would be, when/if Kaman's on the line, chant "Lu - is Sco - la" Clap. Clap. Clapclapclap. "Lu - is Sco - la".

And when/if Aminu's on the line, chant "Ke - vin Mar - tin" Clap. Clap. Clapclapclap. "Kev - in Mar - tin"

pwee31
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Owner-less! Clap clap clap clap clap

Where's Chris Paul?

We Got West?

ptaylor2112
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
A-min-ewww!!!
A-min-ewww!!!

(To the boom-boom clap of "We Will Rock You.")

Heisenberg
02-20-2012, 10:21 PM
BASKET-BALL REA-SONS

HeliumFear
02-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Come home E-J!

TheDavisBrothers
02-21-2012, 05:51 AM
GM Stern! clap clap clapclapclap

shags
02-21-2012, 06:25 AM
BASKET-BALL REA-SONS

Very good.

Dgreenwell3
02-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Owned by Satan? Too far?

Deadshot
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM

Love the idea of chanting "Future Sonics"

BillS
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure what good chanting about the team location does in regards to taunting the players. Taunting the fans, yes, but going after the fans isn't the point (especially considering that there but for the grace of God - and Herb - go we). I doubt if the players particularly care about where the franchise is located.

Day-V
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Not sure what good chanting about the team location does in regards to taunting the players. Taunting the fans, yes, but going after the fans isn't the point (especially considering that there but for the grace of God - and Herb - go we). I doubt if the players particularly care about where the franchise is located.

That's was my thinking, too, back when Cleveland came in to town. Didn't see the point of the "LeBron" chants. The players don't care.

RWB
02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Pick one NOLA player (doesn't really matter) and boo him everytime he touches the ball. You know like you'd give a star player like Kobe or Lebron. The poor guy won't know what he did to **** everyone off and his own teammates will question him about it too.

pacer4ever
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM

No joke if a Hornet fan in the building comes and and punches you I wouldn't blame them. Taking ones team is not something to joke about IMO that is too low and has nothing to do with the players but the fans.

Day-V
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
No joke if a Hornet fan in the building comes and and punches you I wouldn't blame them. Taking ones team is not something to joke about IMO that is too low and has nothing to do with the players but the fans.

Holy Over-the-Top Dramatic Post, Batman!

Steagles
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Would you say the same if it was the Knicks or Bulls that was going to possibly move? Yes, because you hate them. Besides its our house, they shouldn't expect to be treated like royalty. Hell, I was told to go home by a Bulls fan- at BLF!