View Full Version : Pacers Mid-Season Report Card

The Sleeze
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
This was done before the Pacers demolished the Bobcats:

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2012/pacers/

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ohqslt.jpg

vnzla81
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
"This team is an east version of OKC"? OK...............

vnzla81
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
By the way here is the new ESPN power rankings:

14 Indiana
19-12
Last Week: 7 The committee (of one) will not be placated by a narrow home win over the Nets and a rout of the eminently stomp-able Bobcats. Not after the Pacers came to Dallas, wowed the watching committee in person and then acted like the season ended right there by dropping six of the next seven with little fire.

Kstat
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
yeah...this guy is kind of loony with his comments, though his overall letter grades aren't bad.

Kid Minneapolis
02-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Think he meant in terms of how they're built and young and improving.... Indy is sorta like OKC, just behind them about 2 years.

Ace E.Anderson
02-20-2012, 02:55 PM

That's exactly what i said when I read that

Kstat
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Think he meant in terms of how they're built and young and improving.... Indy is sorta like OKC, just behind them about 2 years.

..and yet, somehow older....

Ace E.Anderson
02-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Lol so you mean we're like OKC before they moved to OKC, drafted Durant and Westbrook.

If anything, we are nearly the opposite of OKC in that we don't have any superstars while they have two

Sparhawk
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Defense is just a C? Other than that 5 game skid, our defense has been pretty good. I'd say our defense is a B+

I think our Bench is a C-. Hill is just about it and he's been out, and Foster is a big part of that bench and you just can count on him due to his back. Hans sucks. DJ has actually played pretty well. AJ has shaken off the rust. Lance is slowly developing. Amund is ok defensively (don't want to talk about his offense).

Everything else looks pretty good.

_The_Future_
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Is anyone missing BRush or Dunleavy? Me niether...

LA_Confidential
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Lol so you mean we're like OKC before they moved to OKC, drafted Durant and Westbrook.

If anything, we are nearly the opposite of OKC in that we don't have any superstars while they have two

Actually, this is encouraging. To even draw comparison to OKC without a single superstar player gives me hope. That and the fact that we will not sit on this cap space.

Trader Joe
02-22-2012, 12:26 PM

I don't think he meant right this second, but he meant in the sense of growing your talent from within.

LetsTalkPacers
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
i always compared us to Memphis or Denver this season

Psyren
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
i always compared us to Memphis or Denver this season

I agree.

For whatever reason, I always compare the Pacers directly to Memphis.

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I think we are comparable to Philly, we are like their younger brothers.

Trader Joe
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
I think we are comparable to Philly, we are like their younger brothers.

I think we are superior to Philly though personally.

CooperManning
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kevin_durant_seattle_supersonics.jpg

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah I don't know about that, just look at their roster:

Jrue> DC, better overall defender, better clutch shooter.

Louis Williams at least for the moment> PG

Iguadola> Danny, Iguadola is the All Star this year for a reason.

Elton Brand = West

Roy > Hawes, Hawes is also pretty good.

Their bench is also pretty good.

Trader Joe
02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Why is Lou better than PG? He also doesn't start.

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Why is Lou better than PG? He also doesn't start.

He is scoring 15.6ppg and 3.7apg for the year, PG is a better rebounder, yeah I thought he was starting, my bad.

HickeyS2000
02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
He is scoring 15.6ppg and 3.7apg for the year, PG is a better rebounder, yeah I thought he was starting, my bad.

Gotta look at more than just stats. Lou is all offense, no defense.

picasso
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah I don't know about that, just look at their roster:

Jrue> DC, better overall defender, better clutch shooter.

Louis Williams at least for the moment> PG

Iguadola> Danny, Iguadola is the All Star this year for a reason.

Elton Brand = West

Roy > Hawes, Hawes is also pretty good.

Their bench is also pretty good.

lol David West one one leg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brand

Now two >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Gotta look at more than just stats. Lou is all offense, no defense.

True but at this moment PG is too inconsistent to count on him on every single game, sometimes he looks amazing and some days he looks like crap.

vnzla81
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
lol David West one one leg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brand

Now two >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good for you that you believe that.

Saras
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
True but at this moment PG is too inconsistent to count on him on every single game, sometimes he looks amazing and some days he looks like crap.

Same for Lou Williams, at one point there were rumours that he might get traded even sometime year or two ago.

Also Brand is way worse than West, i would even say Th.Young is more liable than Brand. And i wonder how you compare when you dont even know that L.Williams is a bench player. The only bench player in NBA that leads team in scoring.

Hibber > Hawes
West > Brand
Granger = Iguodala
George > Meeks
Collins < Holiday

We match up with them very nicely, and even Holiday is good matchup for DC, Holiday is stronger, but not by that much and it wouldnt be big problem for Pacers to handle this.

AesopRockOn
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM

According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi), the two teams have equal strength of schedule (tied for 25th) while the Pacers currently have the better record by a half a game. Based on today's scheduled games (us vs Bobcast, Philly vs Houston), the Pacers will most likely go into the All Star break with a better record. As it currently stands, yes, we are better than Philly.

HickeyS2000
02-22-2012, 03:51 PM
And i wonder how you compare when you dont even know that L.Williams is a bench player. The only bench player in NBA that leads team in scoring.

Last night they mentioned Jarrett Jack leads NO in scoring, and he came off the bench.

Since86
02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Him coming off the bench is the exception. He's started 22 out of their 25 games.

Pacer Fan
02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
There must be something in the air today...:hypno:

TheDavisBrothers
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Last night they mentioned Jarrett Jack leads NO in scoring, and he came off the bench.

He's only coming off the bench because he just came back from an injury