PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Odd Thoughts Thread (Crowdsourced Edition)

Anthem
02-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Peck's computer died last night and he's not going to re-write the Bobcats stuff. So let's write it for him.

RULES: the goal is to replicate Peck's writing in both content and style. That means no wishing for Roy Hibbert to demonstrate that jumpshot he showed last year, etc. Try to sound like Peck. Everybody posts one paragraph at a time.

=========

What a win. You know, when we started the season we talked about how the shortened season would help us, since we were a deeper team than many. While that's true, I think it's also hurt us. Last night we got to see what happens when we get some practice time. Now let's be honest, we just played the worst team of a decade and did so at home, so I don't know how much this will carry forward. But regardless of the opponent, there were a lot of good things happening tonight. During the opening 20-2 run, I leaned over and said to Diamond Dave "Tonight is either going to be one of those nights or else one of those nights." I'm glad to know I was right. I was briefly worried in the second quarter, but by the half I knew this would be one of the more dominate games the Pacers played this season.

RWB
02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Pe During the opening 20-2 run, I leaned over and said to Diamond Dave

and said to Mrs. Peck;)

RWB
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Another bowl of Chicken Soup as we head into the All Star Break and while it was satisfying you can't puff your chest out. This was like the German army invading Poland in 1939. A Blitzkrieg on the basketball court where the Bobcats were being hit from everywhere.

I respect Paul Silas and a had a slight tug at my heart to see such a great man suffer through some of the ugliest basketball I've ever witnessed. But it was only a slight tug, I still remember who the majority owner is.

duke dynamite
02-20-2012, 10:08 AM
DALE DAVIS.

MagicRat
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I swear when Roy windmilled that dunk it was like The Mighty Thor had come from Asgard, swinging down Mjolnir upon the heads of the Bobcats.

And now some fruit....

:dance::pineapple:carrot::mango::rock::apple: :dorange:

Alabama-Redneck
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Pacers..108
Bobcats..73

Nothing more need be said.

:cool:

ECKrueger
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Not the same.

Brad8888
02-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Games such as this have been as rare and wonderful as unicorns in seasons past, and as this one progressed to its merciful first quarter conclusion, after which the teams briefly decided to begin competition anew until the outcome was irrevocably confirmed in the third, a feeling of tranquility much like a post Thanksgiving dinner tryptophan induced euphoria came upon me.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, this contest (if you could call it that) once again gave me pause to reflect upon how far this franchise has come in such a brief period of time from what arguably was one of the darkest periods in its 45 season history.

Granted, there is a long way to go to become competitive with the elite on a nightly basis as our recent spot-on Bobcat impression against the Heat indicates, but performances like this one show how much we all have to be thankful for as fans of a now ascendant franchise, filled with hope and promise, with our hearts gladdened and our minds focused on a bright future as opposed to the feelings of loathing, despair and righteous indignation that were both nearly universally felt and expressed here with nearly metronomic consistency during the previous now infamous regime which espoused the failed strategy of the "stretch 4", motionless motion offense, and only gave lip service to defense to such a laughable degree that the focus was on field goal percentage as opposed to providing actual resistance. Other than the majority of those of us downtrodden fans who continued to follow the Pacers into the abyss, who would have thought that the simple act of hiring a coach who, despite suckling at the teat of wisdom dispensed by his predecessor for fourteen formative years, reversed course in nearly every conceivable way and that that would result in a return to both respectability and competitive fire that has proven, for the most part, to be contagious?

But, as always, I digress. It was a great win against a team that is reaping the Karmic benefits of the benevolent ownership of his Airness, and that makes me smile. :)

McKeyFan
02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
After ol' Bugeyes passed things off to Legend, he did us the favor of hiring Satan, which simply erased all the terrible memories of the Season We Do Not Name.

rexnom
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Peck's computer died last night and he's not going to re-write the Bobcats stuff. So let's write it for him.

RULES: the goal is to replicate Peck's writing in both content and style. That means no wishing for Roy Hibbert to demonstrate that jumpshot he showed last year, etc. Try to sound like Peck. Everybody posts one paragraph at a time.

=========

What a win. You know, when we started the season we talked about how the shortened season would help us, since we were a deeper team than many. While that's true, I think it's also hurt us. Last night we got to see what happens when we get some practice time. Now let's be honest, we just played the worst team of a decade and did so at home, so I don't know how much this will carry forward. But regardless of the opponent, there were a lot of good things happening tonight. During the opening 20-2 run, I leaned over and said to Diamond Dave "Tonight is either going to be one of those nights or else one of those nights." I'm glad to know I was right. I was briefly worried in the second quarter, but by the half I knew this would be one of the more dominate games the Pacers played this season.
Outstanding.

ilive4sports
02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
DALE DAVIS.

Your avatar makes that post so much better.

Anthem
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Outstanding.
So glad somebody caught it! :laugh:

Peck
02-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Do I get to vote which one was best?:cool:

Day-V
02-21-2012, 12:23 AM
DALE DAVIS.

I liked your post simply because it said "Dale Davis".

.....And because it's EXACTLY what I was gonna put, too, damn it.

duke dynamite
02-21-2012, 01:18 AM

Glad I could appease.

Kemo
02-21-2012, 03:13 AM

Speaking of Double D ...

I just found a few Pacer's basketball cards I had put back in mint..

'92/'93 Upper Deck
Dale Davis
Detlev Schrempf
Chuck Person
George McCloud

and of course my Mark Jackson '88-'89 Fleer rookie card

:)

Bball
02-21-2012, 04:42 AM
I said a little chicken soup is always good for what ails you but tonight's soup was served with a helping of cat. Coach Silas was likely looking at the scoreboard and wondering if the ghosts of Reggie Miller and Dale Davis were in the house. I'm pretty sure at one point he was looking for a white flag and I'm sure one of his assistants yelled "No Mas!".

I know most didn't think the Bobcats would be much competition but at one point we were up 46 points. Say it slowly. Forty.Six.Points. Did Coach Satan and his 3 happy offense ever have a team down by 46 points? I hate to mention his name because I know some of you wish I could just move on but without him the team is just so much differant. Frank Vogel is a breath of fresh air and I'm pretty sure when the lights hit him just right you can see a halo above his head.

Let's take a moment to enjoy the dancing fruit.
:rock: :mango: :mango: :pepper: :apple: :pepper: :pineapple :dance: :pineapple :dorange: :dance:

I was going to hand out grades but after I thought about it this game deserves something more meaningful. Instead of grades I'd just like to give the team this season's first Dale Davis Award.
:champions

Now don't make me take it back!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/694/378/1483241_display_image.jpg?1296806931

Frostwolf
02-21-2012, 05:12 AM
bball wins the thread.

Sandman21
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Did Coach Satan and his 3 happy offense ever have a team down by 46 points? I hate to mention his name because I know some of you wish I could just move on but without him the team is just so much differant.

Didn't they come close to that big of a lead the night they went ballistic in the third quarter against Denver last year?

Drewtone
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
So glad somebody caught it! :laugh:

I'd always assumed that Peck merits a 'Strunk&White Emeritus' pass for his contributions from Anthem and the rest.

Bball
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Didn't they come close to that big of a lead the night they went ballistic in the third quarter against Denver last year?

I don't know... When channeling Peck your hands just move over the keyboard and the words come out. Then the dancing fruit.