PDA

View Full Version : Brooke Olzendam Question

The Wizard
02-19-2012, 11:27 PM
I haven't been able to watch very many Pacers games this season because I'm usually working games that conflict with the Pacers (long story). I did cover the game against Charlotte at home, and noticed that Brooke was not on the broadcast that night. Is this the first time she has missed a game? I was wondering, since Stacy VERY rarely missed a game, even when she was ill...thanks!

Bball
02-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I think it's more like 3 straight games and AFAIK it's not been mentioned why she's been absent. Or if it has it's been mentioned when I've missed it... which is entirely possible....

Kegboy
02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I think it's more like 3 straight games and AFAIK it's not been mentioned why she's been absent. Or if it has it's been mentioned when I've missed it... which is entirely possible....

Completely unrelated, but I just noticed your mood got fixed. Awesome!

rock747
02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I thought it has been the last two.... again with no explanation as to why....

pwee31
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I was curious as well. I tweeted how I hope they would be bringing Stacy back. Wishful thinking though

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Maybe it has something to do with her tweeting that Nicki Minaj should "stick to barking."

I could never imagine Stacy tweeting something like that.

Day-V
02-20-2012, 12:22 AM
I hope she's back soon. Love Brooke. I think she's really settling into the role, plus she's cool as hell.

LetsTalkPacers
02-20-2012, 12:29 AM
and she's easy on the eyes. just saying.

Trader Joe
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Some of you need to move on, Stacey Paetz is not coming back.

Day-V
02-20-2012, 12:33 AM
The same people who are clamoring for Stacy to come back are probably the same people who *****ed about her in her first 2 seasons. Revisionist's History, I suppose. People wanna complain about Brooke, but she is leaps and bounds ahead of the curve compared to where Stacy was her first year with the team.

IndyJones
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Stacey Paetz is not walking through that door.

Heisenberg
02-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Brooke's grown on me, seems to be finding her footing a bit. I think it's about 95% the glasses, girls in glasses are always better. Hope everything's OK with her and she's just temporarily sick or something, but you'd think they'd say so.

HC
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Brooke's grown on me, seems to be finding her footing a bit. I think it's about 95% the glasses, girls in glasses are always better. Hope everything's OK with her and she's just temporarily sick or something, but you'd think they'd say so.

Yeah she was sick a few weeks or so ago IIRC. Maybe something is lingering, I know there is a lot of viruses and stuff going around these parts this year.

MiaDragon
02-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah she was sick a few weeks or so ago IIRC. Maybe something is lingering, I know there is a lot of viruses and stuff going around these parts this year.

If she was sick you think the team would give her a "shout out" on air to get better. The silence leads me to think something is not right.

HC
02-20-2012, 01:52 AM
If she was sick you think the team would give her a "shout out" on air to get better. The silence leads me to think something is not right.

I think it was mentioned when she missed that game a while back, but yeah I haven't heard anything recently.

Foul on Smits
02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Some of you need to move on, Stacey Paetz is not coming back.

STACEY PAETZ IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR!

Foul on Smits
02-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Stacey Paetz is not walking through that door.

This too

McKeyFan
02-20-2012, 07:56 AM
STACEY PAETZ IS WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR!

[/highly reasoned argumentation]

Unclebuck
02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I was wondering also. Yeah if she was sick they would mention it, if she had a family emergency, death in the family, sick child or somehting along those lines they would mention it.

How many games has Brooke missed? I know she also missed the Nets game. Was she at the cavs game? I know she was at the heat game. So she has missed 2 or 3 games and no mention.

Not sure what to think

fwpacerfan
02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I did a google search and found this article. I had no idea she went through this: http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2011/09/what-andy-colli.html

She's been through a lot in the last few years. I liked the job she has been doing but this makes me respect her even more.

rock747
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I was wondering also. Yeah if she was sick they would mention it, if she had a family emergency, death in the family, sick child or somehting along those lines they would mention it.

How many games has Brooke missed? I know she also missed the Nets game. Was she at the cavs game? I know she was at the heat game. So she has missed 2 or 3 games and no mention.

Not sure what to think

I am pretty sure I recall her at the Cavs game... because of her disappointment in the loss. Maybe I am wrong.

rock747
02-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I did a google search and found this article. I had no idea she went through this: http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2011/09/what-andy-colli.html

She's been through a lot in the last few years. I liked the job she has been doing but this makes me respect her even more.

Man, that is awful.

Justin Tyme
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
From reading the article, it said her husband proposed to her on Valentine's Day. My guess is this Valentine's Day has caused her some unpleasant memories thus her absence for her job. I hope everything works out quickly, and looking forward to seeing Brooke on the sidelines again.

idioteque
02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Hope to see her back soon. I like Brooke, she has caught a lot of flak around here for no good reason at all. Do you people mean to tell me you didn't **** up a few times the first few weeks in your last new job? She was really catching her footing, maybe the Valentine's Day explanation makes sense.

Either that, or she is getting back massages from the same person as Jeff Foster.

RWB
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
She's pretty tough to have accepted a job that soon and sorry to speculate but even now seven months later it would be hard to fathom she really had time to grieve properly.

I think all PD members wish all the best for Brooke.

LetsTalkPacers
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
i didnt realize all that about her. here i was thinking that her and Bpump were dating. i fell like a jerk.

Sandman21
02-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Does Brooke still do work for CBS Sports Network? I know the NCAA just did their mock selections for the press here in the last half week or so.....

Will Galen
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I read that article when she was hired.

Married ten days . . . everything is fresh and new and exciting, then it's over . . .

No doubt she's had a setback in her recovery because of Valentine's day, as if you could ever fully recover from something like that!

Valentine's day will always be hard on her. Poor, poor, girl, your heart goes out to her!

Derek2k3
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
What a gut punch.

Trader Joe
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM
You have to wonder if she took a week off right after Valentine's Day. I read that story when we hired her and that's why I just can't be hard on her. To pull yourself up by the boot straps and be right back in front of a camera after something like that takes serious guts. I can't wait for Brooke to be back, I think she brings a fun atmosphere to the game broadcasts and once she's had time to gel with the FSI group and learn about the team she will be better than Stacey was. She is much better than Stacey was at the same point in their careers.

LetsTalkPacers
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
you know your team is heading in the right direction when these are our main concerns

Trader Joe
02-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Also, for the record, if PS&E or Fox Sports did "suspend" her for the Nicki Minaj tweet, they should be ****ing ashamed.

duke dynamite
02-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Brooke will be back next Tuesday after the All-Star break, that's all the info I have.

presto123
02-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Can't wait for Brooke to be back in the starting lineup:happydanc

Kemo
02-21-2012, 02:19 AM

Thanks for posting this ...

Makes me have a whole new respect for her as a person...

Hopefully she gets back soon...

The Wizard
02-22-2012, 09:51 PM
To add to what Duke said, I found out tonight why Brooke hasn't been on the broadcasts recently, and it's not good. Hopefully she'll be back and ready to go after the All-Star break.

MiaDragon
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
To add to what Duke said, I found out tonight why Brooke hasn't been on the broadcasts recently, and it's not good. Hopefully she'll be back and ready to go after the All-Star break.

Its great you know why she's been out but If you're not going to/cant tell us whats going on I don't see why you needed to add this.

Sandman21
02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Well, he could tell us, but then he'd have to kill us. :D

ejwallace
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Its great you know why she's been out but If you're not going to/cant tell us whats going on I don't see why you needed to add this.

Agreed....the "it's not good" part only makes the concern over her absence that much stronger....

The Wizard
02-22-2012, 10:46 PM

I made my comment in an attempt to share as much as I could with the group, I thought at least the confirmation that something is going on and she's not just sick might be of some value to those who are interested in this topic.

hoosierguy
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Is her absence performance related or is it a personal issue that is keeping her away from work?

MiaDragon
02-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Agreed....the "it's not good" part only makes the concern over her absence that much stronger....

It really does.

Hey I dont have a Twitter act, anyone that does and does not mind can you send her a tweet saying she has my prayers or PD wishes her well or something along those lines. Thanks.

Bball
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I made my comment in an attempt to share as much as I could with the group, I thought at least the confirmation that something is going on and she's not just sick might be of some value to those who are interested in this topic.

Your comment could be taken to mean she IS sick... She could be undergoing chemo, had emergency surgery, was badly injured somehow, yada yada...

It could be taken to mean she's had a nervous breakdown of some sort... especially given the circumstances mentioned in this thread and the timing...

It could be taken to mean it's legal and there's a contractual dispute between her and former job or even with PS&E.... Or there's something in her background recently discovered....

It could mean she's being punished by Fox or the Pacers...

It could mean she wanted time off and TPTB balked and were not understanding and so now's there's a dispute...

It could mean .... anything...

It basically made things much more worrisome than they were.

You could probably be more specific without actually telling details so at least the speculation could be around the target and not all over the map.

Bball
02-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Is her absence performance related or is it a personal issue that is keeping her away from work?

This is what I meant... The poster could've said "It is for personal reasons".... or "It's not for personal reasons (such as speculated upon in this thread)" or "There's some type of disagreement that is work related they are trying to sort out"

Trader Joe
02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't know why you'd make a comment like that, all it does is create concern about what's going on especially with what we know about Brooke's recent life history and the trials she's had to go through. I'd rather not know why then just have a non-committal "It's not good". That doesn't really make me feel any better as someone who enjoys her contribution to the broadcast team.

Trader Joe
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Also, for the record, if PS&E or Fox Sports did "suspend" her for the Nicki Minaj tweet, they should be ****ing ashamed.

I just want to repeat this to any members of PS&E or Fox Sports who visit this board. As a season ticket holder, if I find out this is why Brooke was not on the past few broadcasts and it was because she was being punished, I will be absolutely livid and people will hear about it.

HC
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
I just want to wish her well regardless of what she is going through. Hope to see her back soon.

The Wizard
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
My apologies to all...I was trying to help, not to do harm. She's apparently working through a personal issue, she is not ill or injured. I wish her well and hope to see her back on the job soon.

Day-V
02-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I just want to repeat this to any members of PS&E or Fox Sports who visit this board. As a season ticket holder, if I find out this is why Brooke was not on the past few broadcasts and it was because she was being punished, I will be absolutely livid and people will hear about it.

Break a leg, buddy. ;)

duke dynamite
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Brooke is not in trouble. She will be back on Tuesday.

PacersHomer
02-23-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm excited for her to be back. She's been doing a lot better recently and was getting into a groove. I hope everything is going better for her and she will be ready to go on Tuesday!