PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

imbtyler
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
GREAT game. Working hard. Playing defense. Playing offense. Getting **** done.

Really proud of our boys tonight.

Lance George
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
In a 35-point win, A.J. Price, who played nearly half the game (22 minutes), manages to finish with a +/- of -6.

Truly remarkable.

Bball
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Do we need to put a picture of Brooke on a milk carton? Where's Brooke?

OK.... back to the game... Well... That was an extra helping of Peck's Chicken Soup...

idioteque
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Said it in the game thread, but DC played the most minutes of any starter tonight with 29.

imbtyler
In a 35-point win, A.J. Price, who played nearly half the game (22 minutes), manages to finish with a +/- of -4.

Truly remarkable.

Why did they interview him after the game? I don't even get it. Paul's +/- was +30. Why???

rock747

OK.... back to the game... Well... That was an extra helping of Peck's Chicken Soup...

Or why is Pacers TV not telling us where she is?

Heisenberg
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Man, Charlotte stinks

AesopRockOn
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Early word is that Brooke is hiding in Peck's Chicken Coup.

It must really suck to be a Raptors fan right now.

Let's get the next two then watch PG and Roy represent us well next weekend.

Frostwolf
02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Why did they interview him after the game? I don't even get it. Paul's +/- was +30. Why???

because they haven't interviewed him this season yet and they wanted to?

idioteque
02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Will be interesting to see how we do against them next time. Yeah the Bobcats suck, but they have to be embarassed right now and will remember.

Anthem
02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
I always get nervous when we absolutely destroy a team that we're about to play again.

That being said, they'd have to improve on so many levels that I feel pretty confident as long as we don't have a major injury between now and then.

crunk-juice
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Said it in the game thread, but DC played the most minutes of any starter tonight with 29.

and was +47 lol

Eleazar
02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
In a 35-point win, A.J. Price, who played nearly half the game (22 minutes), manages to finish with a +/- of -4.

Truly remarkable.

Pendergraph played 6 minutes and had a -7, Foster played 6 minutes and had a -10. If you are going to condemn one player with a negative youshould condem all of the players in the negative.

able
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
AJ is the only reason Hapless Hans got positive and he could stay that way because we had to see Pendergast

CJ Jones
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
If Lance got 35-40 minute at pg he could get a triple double.

Of course, he could also get 10 turnovers and lose you the game.

The talents there though.

Asher99
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM

Truly remarkable.

Bobcats ended the game on a 13-4 run after Pendergraph's big jam.

Asher99
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
AJ is the only reason Hapless Hans got positive and he could stay that way because we had to see Pendergast

Amazing how often you post knocking Tyler for a guy who was offended by me calling you out on it.

presto123
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I missed the whole game:( Is it even possible to tell if we are back to the team we were pre-slump being that the Bobcats just aren't very good? Hopefully Vogel has got his point across at how important defensive intensity is.

Justin Tyme
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
This was a reeeeally boring game. It was part of a healing process from the 5 game losing streak. 19-12 and hoping it will be 21-12 b4 ASG.

You know it's a boring game when I root for an IU player to score points!!!!!!!!

Yeah, where is Brooke? What is this 3 games in a row of MIA?

Anthem
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
If Lance got 35-40 minute at pg he could get a triple double.

Of course, he could also get 10 turnovers and lose you the game.

The talents there though.
Lance is like the middle-school kid who plays with you and your buddies in high school. Crazy talented, but makes a ton of kid mistakes.

Like you said, though, the talent is there and I really do think he'll grow into the NBA game. Some great passes in the this game, as well as that good putback. Nice to have a big win when we can safely give him a lot of minutes.

He's also really working hard on defense, which is nice to see. He doesn't have the defensive instincts that Paul George does (understatement) but if he can continue to work this hard he'll do just fine for himself.

Scot Pollard
02-19-2012, 09:04 PM
I was disgusted by the crowd tonight. Just 11,673 on a Sunday evening! It was Boomer's birthday people!

They'll be coming around soon.

Other than that, we absolutely gave this team an *** beating tonight. That losing streak seems like such a distant memory after tonight's performance. We're getting back to where we were before that losing streak started.

We've got the Hornets next....then the Bobcats again!

Anthem
02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm watching the game right now, and I'm just getting to the end of the third quarter.

Tell you what, i know why our point differential hasn't been as good as some other teams. It's because we don't play the Bobcats enough.

Major Cold
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
PD drinking game.

Drink 1 if Danny is bashed on page 1 of a post game.
Drink 2 if someone desires another bench scorer
Slam a 1/5 if 3 posters complain about any player after winning by 35 points.

Anthem
02-19-2012, 09:15 PM
There's really just not that much to say. Like you said, there's not really anything to complain about when you win by 35. At the same time, it's hard to gush too much because it's not clear what was good play by the Pacers and what was just an atrocious opponent.

I mean, what conclusions can you really draw from this game?

MiaDragon
02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
There's really just not that much to say. Like you said, there's not really anything to complain about when you win by 35. At the same time, it's hard to gush too much because it's not clear what was good play by the Pacers and what was just an atrocious opponent.

Nothing, this is one of those "sit back and enjoy" kind of games.

ilive4sports
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM

it was nice to get a blow out win like we should against a team like the Bobcats. we took care of business

Banta
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Anyone have a link to how the +/- is calculated?

A little off topic but it has been mentioned a few times in this thread for different players

PaceBalls
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
PD drinking game.

That's a deadly game.

gummy
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Watching the game now. Yeah, it's the Bobcats, but it's clear our guys were re-focused on the defensive end tonight. Even Mr. West looks better on that end of the floor, he's putting more effort into rotating.

Smits Happens
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Will be interesting to see how we do against them next time. Yeah the Bobcats suck, but they have to be embarassed right now and will remember.

I'm not too worried. Saw this in a tweet from ESPNStatsInfo:

Bobcats have 7 30-pt losses this season. Only 2 teams in past 25 seasons have more: 93-94 76ers (9) & 90-91 Nuggets (10)

Nuntius
02-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Well, we certainly cannot draw many conclusions but it was a nice win. We needed a win like that. Giving our starters some rest, giving our Lance, Pendy and Price some burn and most importantly regain some of our confidence.

We had some confidence issues during the losing streak. The more we win, the better our confidence gets. The better our confidence gets, the better our team becomes. So, I'll take wins like this night in and night out :)

Sookie
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Anyone have a link to how the +/- is calculated?

A little off topic but it has been mentioned a few times in this thread for different players

It's just the score for when a player was in the game.

So say Roy came into the game, and we were up by 10, and when he left we were up by 6. His +/- was -4

In this case, we were up by so much that Vogel put in the entire bench, which can't score, and the Bobcats made a little run. Thus, the - for so many (all but Tyler) of the bench players.

Bball
02-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe Brooke was the chemistry problem Peck mentioned but wouldn't name.... I'm still betting on Boomer though.

Sparhawk
02-19-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not too worried. Saw this in a tweet from ESPNStatsInfo:

Good gawd that's awful. And the Bobcats don't get a full season. lol

7 already...just wow. WTG Jordan. Hope you are congratulating yourself by smoking a fat one.

Nuntius
02-19-2012, 10:43 PM
7 already...just wow. WTG Jordan. Hope you are congratulating yourself by smoking a fat one.

I think that he just follows the OKC plan. Fill a team with bad players (on short contracts) so you naturally lose without needing to tank, pick some high enough draft picks and build around them. In 2 years they could be good.

Sparhawk
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I think that he just follows the OKC plan. Fill a team with bad players (on short contracts) so you naturally lose without needing to tank, pick some high enough draft picks and build around them. In 2 years they could be good.

Could be good, but nothing Jordan has done makes me think he can draft well.

Dr. Hibbert
02-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Man, Charlotte stinks

As fun as it was to see the Pacers dominate, and as much as I hope they're breaking out of their slump...yeah, that was my primary thought too.

CJ Jones
02-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Lance is like the middle-school kid who plays with you and your buddies in high school. Crazy talented, but makes a ton of kid mistakes.

Like you said, though, the talent is there and I really do think he'll grow into the NBA game. Some great passes in the this game, as well as that good putback. Nice to have a big win when we can safely give him a lot of minutes.

He's also really working hard on defense, which is nice to see. He doesn't have the defensive instincts that Paul George does (understatement) but if he can continue to work this hard he'll do just fine for himself.

I'm noticing some of the same innate abilities to rebound in Lance that I see in Paul. Being able to not only time the rebound, but catch it after bouncing the way it did was impressive. He's got really good hands. (i know twss..)

Magic P
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I missed the game but I can tell we won because the post game thread is only two pages deep.

Pacer Fan
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Pacers beat a 4-27 team like they should beat them.

It was a game in which our bench actually looked better (well maybe) then the opponents bench.

Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well.

Justin Tyme
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM

He may have been a great BB player, but he's terrible at drafting and running a team.

Nuntius
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM

You're absolutely right here.

xBulletproof
02-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Silly fella, don't you know, playing bad means you have potential. Playing good means you should be traded. It's the PD way.

Besides that, according to quite a few here, Hibbert and Paul are big fat douches now. I mean, that was the consensus when Lebron was dancing on the sideline in a blowout win against the Bulls. This place acted like he murdered some children. So where is the hate for Hibbert, and PG? They did the same thing tonight. I really don't care about "The Decision" crap someone will inevitably point out, because this was done and decided while he was still in Cleveland.

Hypocrisy is awesome.

Hicks
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Sandman21
02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
That wasn't fair at all......

BUT I LOVED IT!

Hicks
02-19-2012, 11:56 PM
And personally, I thought our improved play on both ends (the starters, mostly) was obvious. This wasn't just about playing Charlotte. Not even close. Since the second half of the Cavs game, our play has steadily improved overall. I can't wait for the post break stretch with Hill back.

Sandman21
02-20-2012, 12:02 AM
At the same time, it's hard to gush too much because it's not clear what was good play by the Pacers and what was just an atrocious opponent.

I was worried going in that the Pacers would play down to Charlotte's level and give them a fighting chance. That concern didn't last long.:laugh:

ilive4sports
02-20-2012, 12:04 AM
So, how did the Bobcats manage to win 4 games this season? I'm not seeing it.

Anthem
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Silly fella, don't you know, playing bad means you have potential. Playing good means you should be traded. It's the PD way.

Besides that, according to quite a few here, Hibbert and Paul are big fat douches now. I mean, that was the consensus when Lebron was dancing on the sideline in a blowout win against the Bulls. This place acted like he murdered some children. So where is the hate for Hibbert, and PG? They did the same thing tonight. I really don't care about "The Decision" crap someone will inevitably point out, because this was done and decided while he was still in Cleveland.

Hypocrisy is awesome.
Dude, you're really bitter after a big win. You need a hug?

Hicks
02-20-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm also dismayed that a post game thread for a pounding we just put on another team (no matter who it is) is littered with name calling our own players and complaining. Frankly it angers me. Sucks the positive energy right out of my soul. Damn it!

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Since the second half of the Cavs game, our play has steadily improved overall.

That's true. Lately, we've started looking good again. BUT Charlotte failing to score in its 21 out of 22 offensive possessions to start the game played an important role this game. And it was not about us playing amazing defense to start the game. We played good defense but they missed wide open jumpers and Maggette chucked up a lot of shots early in the shot clock with a hand on him (you can argue that we had a hand on him so it was a good defense but it also was horrible shot selection on Maggette's part).

There's not a reason to not feel good about this win, though. Especially, since we're so close in 3rd seed now :)

xBulletproof
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Dude, you're really bitter after a big win. You need a hug?

Nah. I'm the same after a win or loss. Consistency! :laugh:

I just know if we were losing, and Lebron and Wade were doing the YMCA dance on the sidelines when they were beating us the other day this place would have 50 topics about it. The admins would have their work cut out for them condensing them all. Over the years I've been repeatedly told that nobody is a hypocrite here and if Pacers players ever did this or that, that those people would feel the same. Yet every time something like that happens, everyone makes excuses for why it's suddenly okay.

It just so happens tonight one of those things happened, and not a peep.

Anthem
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
And personally, I thought our improved play on both ends (the starters, mostly) was obvious. This wasn't just about playing Charlotte. Not even close. Since the second half of the Cavs game, our play has steadily improved overall. I can't wait for the post break stretch with Hill back.
This is a great point. The passing by the starters was phenomenal.

TMJ31
02-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Wow, what a refreshing win!

I don't care WHO we played. Seeing our entire team so locked in and firing on all cylinders was really fun to watch.

The mini-run our bench gave up late in the first/early second was a bit frustrating, but frankly they atoned nicely by giving really solid efforts late in the game.

A win is a win. Don't care if we win by 1 or 35, just good to get a W on the board.

With that being said, I would not mind one bit seeing more 20+ margin victories against these basement-dweller teams.

Strong start to our All-Star stretch! Let's give N.O. the same on Tuesday!

Anthem
02-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Over the years I've been repeatedly told that nobody is a hypocrite here and if Pacers players ever did this or that, that those people would feel the same. Yet every time something like that happens, everyone makes excuses for why it's suddenly okay.
I didn't have a problem with LeBron doing it and I don't have one now. Like you said: consistency.

I also thought Lance did a decent job with the first unit. Tell me why you disagree.

jeffg-body
02-20-2012, 12:27 AM
What a fine display of an all-out arse whooping. DW and RH looked really good on the defensive side and was much better tonight. There was a sense of urgency that we had lacked for a while.

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 12:31 AM
It just so happens tonight one of those things happened, and not a peep.

To be honest, I didn't even see the YMCA dance. The Bobcats feed did not show it nor did they say anything about it.

xBulletproof
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I didn't have a problem with LeBron doing it and I don't have one now. Like you said: consistency.

I also thought Lance did a decent job with the first unit. Tell me why you disagree.

Agreed. I had no issue with what Lebron does most of the time, because plenty of people do it. Just some people think he's the only one. Like when someone made a stink about him holding up 3 fingers as Battier shot a 3, because he was 'making it about himself'. :laugh:

Anyway, Lance played one of his better games. That's the mitigating factor for me. When this is one of your better games, well ... you're not exactly producing much. I'm just afraid those silly decisions (the awful pass to Granger for a turnover, and multiple charging calls on fast breaks) are going to be the norm. They're all mental errors. That's the overriding theme I have when I watch him play, is mental errors. I have much more of a tolerance for physical errors (Paul George dribbling issue) than I do for mental errors. They're easier to correct. I just have no faith that Lance will ever correct those things. So my comment was more of a general one than specific to tonight.

HC
02-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Can't help but be thrilled about the win tonight, but I'm trying not to get too excited because it was the Bobcats. Still though, how can you not love the awesome group effort that this team displayed tonight?

HC
02-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Agreed. I had no issue with what Lebron does most of the time, because plenty of people do it. Just some people think he's the only one. Like when someone made a stink about him holding up 3 fingers as Battier shot a 3, because he was 'making it about himself'. :laugh:

Anyway, Lance played one of his better games. That's the mitigating factor for me. When this is one of your better games, well ... you're not exactly producing much. I'm just afraid those silly decisions (the awful pass to Granger for a turnover, and multiple charging calls on fast breaks) are going to be the norm. They're all mental errors. That's the overriding theme I have when I watch him play, is mental errors. I have much more of a tolerance for physical errors (Paul George dribbling issue) than I do for mental errors. They're easier to correct. I just have no faith that Lance will ever correct those things. So my comment was more of a general one than specific to tonight.

I just have a hard time agreeing with a lot of these charging calls.

Peck
02-20-2012, 12:38 AM
:banghead: Typed up an Odd Thoughts and was looking up a photo when my computer shut off and did not have a chance to save it.

I am not typing all of that up again

Needless to say tonight was chicken soup with a side order of pinicillin. Bobcats are terrible.

I don't have time to do this agai as I have a meeting in the morning, sigh. Normally I either save it or can pull it up, but words did not keep it for me this time. sigh....

HC
02-20-2012, 12:42 AM
:banghead: Typed up an Odd Thoughts and was looking up a photo when my computer shut off and did not have a chance to save it.

Needless to say tonight was chicken soup with a side order of pinicillin. Bobcats are terrible.

I don't have time to do this agai as I have a meeting in the morning, sigh. Normally I either save it or can pull it up, but words did not keep it for me this time. sigh....

It's okay, going without will just make me appreciate the next one even more.

xBulletproof
02-20-2012, 12:43 AM
I just have a hard time agreeing with a lot of these charging calls.

Certainly one of them I looked at my TV funny, with a look displaying my "really?" face. That said, it still wasn't a good decision. I believe he was going 1 on 3 a couple of times in there on fast breaks, one for a charge and one for a missed shot. They're just bad decisions. It's hard to change that when they're your instinct.

HC
02-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Certainly one of them I looked at my TV funny, with a look displaying my "really?" face. That said, it still wasn't a good decision. I believe he was going 1 on 3 a couple of times in there on fast breaks, one for a charge and one for a missed shot. They're just bad decisions. It's hard to change that when they're your instinct.

Im amazed though at how fast Lance can get down the court with the ball.

Sparhawk
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM

PG gets his share of offensive fouls too.

AesopRockOn
02-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Needless to say tonight was chicken soup with a side order of pinicillin.

Somebody's commemorating Whitney's passing.

HC
02-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Just watching the highlights on NBA TV. I'm curious why they mentioned Roy not getting called for traveling on that monster jam. He only took one step, isn't the rule two? Or must the ball be dribbled before you get the two steps?

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM

Oh well, that's understandable. As HC said it will only makes us appreciate the next one even more :D

graphic-er
02-20-2012, 01:15 AM
It was a great win loved being there to see it. I'm going to go ahead and say it.

I can't not wait until Hansbrough is traded from this team. He didn't do anything positive with in the flow of the offense, and he didn't really contribute until the game had been decided. I can not stand to watch him get the ball on the base line and just hold it for 5-6 secs. Lou contributes more in his limited minutes than Hansbrough does the whole game.

There was a period there at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd where all 5 subs were in the game, and I though for sure the Bobcats were going to get back in to the game. Thankfully Vogel put a couple starters back in.

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention. We still need to fix our transition game. Both offense and defense. Even the Bobcats were better at it.

And that's about the only negative that this game had :p

Asher99
02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
I can't not wait until Hansbrough is traded from this team.

I agree I can't wait until he's gone too but I do wonder, what will you cry about then?

Sookie
02-20-2012, 01:46 AM

I actually thought Lance was pretty bad this game, despite doing some positives. The overall feel was out of control and stupid. And previously, I thought he'd been a bit better. (He'd come in the game, put in a good effort on defense, not try to do too much..)

Psyren
02-20-2012, 01:53 AM
I hate saying this, but I have to.

Hansbrough has to go. I like him a lot, so its not easy to say, but he is REALLY hurting our team.

gummy
02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
So I'm watching waiting for this major celebration and all I got was Hibbert and PG doing a halfhearted looking YMCA on the sidelines during a timeout?

Putting aside whether or not there was anything wrong with what LeBron did or anything wrong with what Hibbert and PG did tonight, if you can't see that there is a difference between what they did during a timeout and extended dancing along the sidelines while the game is in progress, I don't know what to tell you. It is not the same. Just be glad this isn't a compare and contrast test. ;)

Now yes, I'm one of those people who was annoyed (not incensed like some were, but peeved) by LeBron dancing on the sideline during the game. And I'd be annoyed if one of our guys did something like that while the game was in progress. There's the consistency you're looking for, xBulletproof.

To the game - just finished it. Other than the increased defensive intensity, the thing that sticks in my mind is how many sweet passes David West made into the post. Hope to see more of that in the future.

neosmndrew
02-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Anytime a professional sports team beats another by 35, its a sign of something.

Asher99
02-20-2012, 02:29 AM
I hate saying this, but I have to.

Hansbrough has to go. I like him a lot, so its not easy to say, but he is REALLY hurting our team.

Tyler had the best +/- off the bench he drew over 20% of the Bobcats fouls, took just 4 shots missing one and got it back and made 2 FT, added a block and a steal n a game we win by 35 and this is actually what people are posting?

In our Losses this month Tyler is shooting 45.0% vs 39.8% for everyone else and is a -8 in those 6 games despite the fact we lost those games by 50 points combined points, also the starting PF was a -70 in those games but Tyler is hurting us?

If he's becoming the scapegoat in wins, maybe it is time to move him and let Lou play.

Psyren
02-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Anytime a professional sports team beats another by 35, its a sign of something.

Yea, that the other team is possibly the worst in over a decade :lol:

Seriously though it was a good game by us

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 02:55 AM
Tyler had the best +/- off the bench

Tyler had the best +/- off the bench because he was benched during the closing minutes in which the Bobcats made a run.

That said, I think that Tyler was ok today. He was more aggressive and he hit his one jumper as well.

Asher99
02-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Tyler had the best +/- off the bench because he was benched during the closing minutes in which the Bobcats made a run.

That said, I think that Tyler was ok today. He was more aggressive and he hit his one jumper as well.

He's didn't to enjoy any of the previous garbage time fun the end of the bench had where they got big pluses getting to pad their stats either. Another thing is he and AJ were the only 2 who had to overcome the full -10 that Foster had today. He also hit two jumpers today not just one.

Eleazar
02-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Asher I think you put too much importance on the +/-. It is a team stat, and is rarely representative of how an individual played. +/- is good to compare units, but not individuals.

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 03:26 AM
He's didn't to enjoy any of the previous garbage time fun the end of the bench had where they got big pluses getting to pad their stats either. Another thing is he and AJ were the only 2 who had to overcome the full -10 that Foster had today. He also hit two jumpers today not just one.

Yeah, I agree with this. He indeed had to overcome that. Also, thanks for correcting me about the jumpers. I probably missed the other one :)

I'll agree with Eleazar, though. I wouldn't read too much into +/-.

Also, as I said earlier I thought that Tyler did good in this game. If he can get to the line so often every each and other game, he's going to be very useful.

Asher99
02-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Asher I think you put too much importance on the +/-. It is a team stat, and is rarely representative of how an individual played. +/- is good to compare units, but not individuals.

When people use it against him you better believe I'm going to use it when its good.

Asher99
02-20-2012, 03:52 AM
If he can get to the line so often every each and other game, he's going to be very useful.

Speaking of that tonight he took his 500th NBA FT which puts him at 6.5 PER36 in his career or a level many said he would never see in the NBA.

On the season he's now shot just 13 less FT than Danny has and is 44 ahead of 3rd place on the team despite playing over 200 less minutes than the lowest stater and never shooting the technical FTs. In fact if we only counted his makes he would still be ranked 2nd of the team.

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Speaking of that tonight he took his 500th NBA FT which puts him at 6.5 PER36 in his career or a level many said he would never see in the NBA.

On the season he's now shot just 13 less FT than Danny has and is 44 ahead of 3rd place on the team despite playing over 200 less minutes than the lowest stater and never shooting the technical FTs. In fact if we only counted his makes he would still be ranked 2nd of the team.

Looking at his statistics at Basketball Reference, it says that in his rookie season he got 8.0 FTAs per 36 minutes. That's a crazy statistic even though he did played only 29 games and thus we cannot draw a lot of conclusions about it.

I just wish he stays confident, personally. Tyler needs to be confident about himself in order to drive and attack the basket. His confidence is what fires him up in order to get to the loose balls and hustle. For Tyler to be confident he needs to develop consistency in his mid range game. I really think that one leads to another. It's a chain reaction, I guess.

Anyway, I think that Tyler is in a good spot here with David West. He can be a good mentor for him. And I feel like the Pacers did good to draft him. So, it's a win-win situation for both.

15th parallel
02-20-2012, 04:12 AM
It's weird that after a very dominating win (yeah I know it's against the Bobcats) some are still complaining about other players' performance (specifically Tyler and Lance's). While there were some poor moments when they played, their contributions still made an impact with this big blowout win. On Tyler's case, he at least made most of his shots while drawing fouls and made most of his chances at the FT line. I really don't how how that is detrimental to the team. It is very obvious that he's adjusting to the new system as you can see with the changes in his playing style, and he's not there yet. Hopefully he can get it together on the coming games.

CableKC
02-20-2012, 04:24 AM
I think that the win was a combination of the team executing and the Bobcats utterly sucking.

spazzxb
02-20-2012, 05:20 AM

You should make the thread even if your thoughts are limited. It has value.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Anthem
02-20-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm just afraid those silly decisions (the awful pass to Granger for a turnover, and multiple charging calls on fast breaks) are going to be the norm. They're all mental errors. That's the overriding theme I have when I watch him play, is mental errors. I have much more of a tolerance for physical errors (Paul George dribbling issue) than I do for mental errors. They're easier to correct. I just have no faith that Lance will ever correct those things.
Why not?

Last year I said something like "he'll never even be adequate defensively" because that's the kind of thing that doesn't change. But you'd have to admit he's improved a ton there, right?

Yeah, he was too excited in the first half. But he played like a solid cog in the machine when we pushed the lead up in the third. After those three turnovers in a row, he settled down and played decent basketball the rest of the game. And "decent" is an improvement.

Correcting mental errors is a process, not an event. And it's a process I think we're seeing right now.

Anthem
02-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I was very glad to see Tyler hit that jumpshot. When he's hitting that, it opens up a lot of things for him.

BRushWithDeath
02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I've always been staunchly against contraction but the Bobcats are a pretty good argument for it.

duke dynamite
02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I've always been staunchly against contraction but the Bobcats are a pretty good argument for it.
Yeah, but if they dissolve, sadly that takes away anywhere between 2-4 guaranteed wins from us a year. :D

BringJackBack
02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
What I saw from Lance wasn't mental errors or anything like that... He was just very excited and anxious on the court which would mess his judgment up...

...Guys like David West are never overly excited or nervous before games, but it looks like Lance, being the young guy he is, was uber anxious on the court to show what he's got. Couple that with a little bit of confidence heading into this game, and you have 3-4 mistakes during this game that won't exist in the coming years.

Lance looked very good last night, and he showed a lot of potential as a difference maker on the court. He forced turnovers, he found open guys, and he got out in transition and showed ability to do something with a fast break (Which no one else on our team has ability to do obviously). He made mistakes, but he's 21 freaking years old.

Justin Tyme
02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
So many are finding fault in the play of Lance and Hans, BUT NOT ONE has mentioned the positive contribution of Dahntay in the game. Why is that? I guarantee if he had a poor game he would have been ripped upon, but a good game goes unrewarded. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Shade
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
PD drinking game.

Aaannnnndddd...I'm wasted.

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
BUT NOT ONE has mentioned the positive contribution of Dahntay in the game. Why is that?

Because Peck accidentally erased his Odd Thoughts. He would definitely mention the positive contribution of Dahntay just like he does in almost every game the last 2 months. Really, Dahntay playing bad and out of control has became an anomaly this year and not the norm. It's nice to see him playing good though since he was out of sync in the last 2 games.

ilive4sports
02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, but if they dissolve, sadly that takes away anywhere between 2-4 guaranteed wins from us a year. :D

but it takes the same away from anyone so it doesnt matter in the long run

Pacer Fan
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Hypocrisy is awesome.

You call me silly for "Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well." And I don't see the Hypocrisy in my statement.

What are you talking about here, I get your point, I think, I just don't know what it has to do with you leaving this on my quote? Did you mean to leave this on a different /Quote?

Peck
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Because Peck accidentally erased his Odd Thoughts. He would definitely mention the positive contribution of Dahntay just like he does in almost every game the last 2 months. Really, Dahntay playing bad and out of control has became an anomaly this year and not the norm. It's nice to see him playing good though since he was out of sync in the last 2 games.

Had two paragraphs on Dahntay Jones.....:(

Sandman21
02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
That was just as fun to watch on the DVR as it was live. :D

Nuntius
02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
You call me silly for "Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well." And I don't see the Hypocrisy in my statement.

What are you talking about here, I get your point, I think, I just don't know what it has to do with you leaving this on my quote? Did you mean to leave this on a different /Quote?

It's ok, mate, he's not talking about you. He just uses your quote as a way to tell something to some other people. He's not calling you out, so no need to worry.

Had two paragraphs on Dahntay Jones.....:(

I was sure you did :D