PDA

View Full Version : Pacers front office listening???

RWB
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow, got to say thank you to the Pacers office folks. Considering we've had discussions here on PD about getting some ticket prices lowered for the Club level recently and what happens.... TPTB really have taken it to heart.

Thank you to our Pacer staff friends who read PD and take our suggestions. I believe I've got another 4 games to purchase for the Mrs. and I now. :dance:

vapacersfan
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
:confused:

Did they lower all seats, or just these seats for a limited time?

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/paul_george_ticket_deal_2012.html

For sections 109-112 for what appears to be from Febuary 28th through the rest of the regular season run.

graphic-er
02-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I noticed the plethora of club level pricing specials recently as well. Very glad to see that. If I didn't already have season tickets in 2 row of the balcony I would be all over those specials.

Maybe they are listening. Or maybe they had to do something after the Miami debacle.

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow, got to say thank you to the Pacers office folks. Considering we've had discussions here on PD about getting some ticket prices lowered for the Club level recently and what happens.... TPTB really have taken it to heart.

Thank you to our Pacer staff friends who read PD and take our suggestions. I believe I've got another 4 games to purchase for the Mrs. and I now. :dance:

This probably has a lot to do with the Paul George Package, club level seating priced at $24 for his invitation to the dunk contest. Wish I could take advantage, those are incredible prices for club level seating, and if I were anyone else on this board, or in Indiana, I wouldn't pass up that deal for a second. Wish I could take advantage of it, but maybe next year.

BillS
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Wish they'd give me a credit on my Club level STs since they are right next to the heavily discounted ones.

PacersHomer
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
This is great. Definitely going to make it to more games now.

RobfromPacers
02-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Wish they'd give me a credit on my Club level STs since they are right next to the heavily discounted ones.

How about we upgrade you to courtside location (1st 7 row - gets access to LRR) for an upcoming game? If you're interested, then send me an email (rlaycock at pacers dot com) and I'll coordinate with the service team.

The $24 price is only available in sections 109 or 112. This is the variable price section where we don't sell season tickets.

RobfromPacers
02-18-2012, 03:59 PM

I wouldn't say I'm in the TPTB category (I always felt that should be held for the decision-makers in the basketball department), but I read the message board frequently. It's part front office member, part fan. I used to troll the site frequently before I started working at PS&E (pre-2005).

This is a great offer. It won't be available much longer, so if you're going to get it, then I would jump on it. Great seat, great price... and the Feb. 28 game in particular should be a lot of fun since it is the first game back from the All-Star Weekend.

croz24
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Don't understand the complaint of ticket prices when you can get Pacers tickets for cheaper than tickets to a Butler game. No reason you can't get two seats to just about any Pacers game for $20 or less. I've sat anywhere from the 2nd row for many years to the balcony and if you're a true fan, there really isn't that big of a difference in the Fieldhouse.

joeyd
02-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I think there is one more area where improvements can be made. I have 2 balcony season tickets but end up buying tickets to another 1/3 to 1/2 of the games in the lower level (corners and sideline) so my whole family or friends can attend some games. While the tix are still purchased at the season ticket holder price, there have been several times already this season when those tickets have either been steeply discounted or offered in 2-for-1 deals that are at a much greater savings than the STH price.

It would be great if season ticket holders could receive credit for the difference for those extra tickets. The tickets are usually added to STH accounts, and therefore such tickets and original purchase prices should be trackable. I know some deals have also been offered for the balcony level where we have our season tickets, but with the exception of the first game where ticket prices were reduced, I don't recall receiving credit or price adjustments when other deals have been offered to non-STH's.

Eddie Gill
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm out of state and can't attend many games, but watching on TV, those empty club level seats are one of the biggest eyesores. My girlfriend and I will most definitely be making a trip to Indy soon to take advantage of this.