PDA

View Full Version : Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

Peck
02-17-2012, 01:24 AM
A little chicken soup is always good for what ails you & tonight’s soup was brought to you by the New Jersey Nets.

Honestly there is nothing to really get too excited about here, they are a very bad team and again we had to struggle just to get past them. But as has been said many times many ways any win is a good win.

I think we all need to be very grateful that Danny decided he could go tonight, if he hadn’t been able to I kind of shudder at what the end result might have been.

I want to thank my ticket Rep. Brian Stutzman for giving me the two best tickets I’ve ever had in my entire life. I actually was sitting at the very end of the New Jersey bench and got to hear their conversations and even got to talk with some of the players. So I will give him another plug here but if you ever need any Pacer tickets contact Brian Stutzman or you can contact me & I will get you his number.

Its funny how some people are just not who you expect them to be. DeShawn Stevenson is just one of the nicest guys in the world. He was friendly with all of the fans on our end, even to the guys sitting behind the bench who were giving him a hard time. I told my wife to not say anything to loud or Joey Crawford might give us a “T” just for being there and for whatever reason DeShawn thought this was the funniest thing he’d heard. He’s not the greatest player by any since of the imagination but he is a good guy. I even told him that I thought Danny put his shoulder in him like Shaq and he smiled.

On the other hand I won’t be able to mention the words that MarShon Brooks used to describe Danny Granger without banning myself. In the mater of about 30 seconds I heard him question his birth legitimacy, called his mother a female dog and suggested that he should have relations with himself. It was all very entertaining.

BTW, the entire bench calls Kris Humphries “Hulk”. Even Avery Johnson calls him that.

Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didn’t quite abuse Tyler he didn’t let Tyler get anything going either.

I don’t watch any of the non-scripted TV shows so I can honestly tell you I know nothing about whatever show it was he appeared on but it’s just too bad that this is what he is known for and not for being a very good power forward. I honestly wish he was our power forward.

Also I’ll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was. In this case I’m not sure they aren’t right. Again I freely admit I don’t watch this stuff but if this man really was not just out to be part of a circus and actually thought that this was real then I’m not sure this is cool. I honestly don’t know where the line is and where you cross it in this case but I think sitting down there made me appreciate a little more that at least his team mates didn’t care for it.

I don’t mean to sound to negative about all of this, a win is a win so we’ll take it and stop the bleeding.

Let’s do tonight’s odd thoughts with grades.

Danny Granger: A Is there any doubt that this is an A? What has always separated Danny from other players on our team and even to this day when there are other players who may be either as talented as him (West) or even more talented than him (George) is that Danny is just a fighter. Sure there are times that he may not come in at 100% but then there are times when he either gets mad or fed up that he can throw the team on his back and win. He has done that several times this year and tonight was no different. I think Danny was just not going to let us lose to the Nets. Deron Williams is a true star in this league, probably one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA and actually if he had a better team you could make an argument that he might be the best (depends really what you want from your point guard). But Danny just out willed him tonight.

David West: C- Did hit the offensive glass tonight and he did score. But his defense, as has been the case lately, was at best poor. Humphries made him look like he was 38 with two knee replacements. Also is it my imagination or does he sometimes make some really stupid plays at the end of games when he is passing?

Roy Hibbert: B I struggled to give him a B btw. I don’t know but I just seem to think when he is playing a guy who is not much taller than 6’8” tall he should be shooting both more and more accurately. Did get on the boards and did not get trapped out at the three point line on PnR’s tonight like he did last night. I guess if anyone needed the chicken soup of the Nets it was Roy. Let’s hope he can build on this game.

Paul George: B+ You could argue that it could be higher but I am docking him some point for shooting 5 of his 8 attempts from behind the three point line. His defense in the second half was superb though and once again he made Deron Williams’s life a living hell. This is why I do not understand all of the “he has to play at the three spot” talk. He has such a huge advantage on the perimeter with his length and size. He goes to the three spot and he won’t have that advantage very often. There is going to be a natural progression with him and between him & Danny. I just hope all of the Paul George fans can live with it. I think for another two years Danny will still be the main player and then we will naturally shift to Paul being the best player and main cog. This is perfect IMO but I know there are going to be a lot of people who are not going to want to wait.

Darren Collison: D- God love him he just can’t play against Deron Williams. I know the long list of people is going to be lined up to run him out of town on a rail and I understand why. But I hope they can consider he doesn’t play this way against every team and Williams truly is one of the best players in the NBA. He actually lost his minutes tonight in the 4th quarter which I think is the first time this has happened.

A.J. Price: A Remember I grade guys a lot of times based on what is expected of them and tonight was really the best game A.J. has played in a long time. It’s not the fact that he hit his shots, that helps, but it is the fact that he actually tonight ran the offense and did not just look to get up whatever he could. Also his defense was outstanding; he was really disrupting the entry passes that the Nets were attempting. Also on the other end it should be noted that his entry passes were just perfect.

Dahntay Jones: C Oy Vey he was brutal from the floor tonight. He played hard and rebounded but dear God that shot was off and that layup that Humphries blocked him on…I think I would have pretended I was injured and crawled off of the floor. It may have been a foul, but it just looked bad.

Jeff Foster: B+ He was just working it tonight. Nothing real special here but he helps run a smooth ship when he is in there and he does nice work battling in the post. Also his pull up jumper that splashed caused the Nets bench to collectively both groan and shake their heads.

Tyler Hansbrough: C If you believe in the +/- stat (I do not) then he was the best player on the floor for either team. Watching the game will change your mind about that in a hurry. Offensively he had all of the grace and poise of a hemophiliac dancing on broken glass but it can’t be denied that in the second half on the defensive end he denied Humphries position better than West did all night long. One time in particular Kris tried to back Tyler down but could not budge him. He also had 2 assists so there is that. Just really a weird game from him.

Lance Stephenson: C I’m just going to assume that A.J. had it going on so they went with him and since Danny was on fire they used Dahntay for a few min with him. That has to be why he didn’t play more than he did. I’m just giving him a C because he didn’t do anything good or bad out there that I saw.

Ok, we’ve got the bleeding stopped. Now we have to take care of business on Sunday and hope that the days off and a home stand can help get this team headed back in the right direction.

I filmed this at the game from my seat and immediately thought that Vnzla81 would need to see this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BTMHLlSPHPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xBulletproof
02-17-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree that we shouldn't make Paul George a SF at all either, but as much of a height advantage he has at the SG, he would have a speed advantage at the SF. Just an observation. He would get posted up more and he would struggle with that though. Just wanted to point out that as much of an obvious advantage that he has at SG, he would still have one at SF.

Other than that, I love how Vogel is using Paul George as our ace in the hole. He doesn't burn him out guarding every teams best player on the perimeter, but he throws him on them in the last half of the 4th quarter most times. They don't have time to adjust to it and it throws them off to end the game. I can dig it.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-17-2012, 01:44 AM
On the other hand I won’t be able to mention the words that MarShon Brooks used to describe Danny Granger without banning myself. In the mater of about 30 seconds I heard him question his birth legitimacy, called his mother a female dog and suggested that he should have relations with himself. It was all very entertaining.

Also I’ll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was.

I like the fact that they took the time to mention how low class chanting "Reggie Bush" was, but have no problem with Marshon saying that stuff. It's all fun and games until it's about one of your guys.

Peck
02-17-2012, 01:47 AM
I like the fact that they took the time to mention how low class chanting "Reggie Bush" was, but have no problem with Marshon saying that stuff. It's all fun and games until it's about one of your guys.

To his credit Danny had just blasted him in the chest with a for arm.

Also I think there is a world of difference between saying something in the heat of the moment to your team mates and not loud enough for either the refs. or the opposition to hear and having an organized loudly yelled chant.

Look I don't want to draw the wrath of anyone here, I'm just saying what I heard and I'm saying I am not sure they were wrong.

spazzxb
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM
I agree that we shouldn't make Paul George a SF at all either, but as much of a height advantage he has at the SG, he would have a speed advantage at the SF. Just an observation. He would get posted up more and he would struggle with that though. Just wanted to point out that as much of an obvious advantage that he has at SG, he would still have one at SF.

Other than that, I love how Vogel is using Paul George as our ace in the hole. He doesn't burn him out guarding every teams best player on the perimeter, but he throws him on them in the last half of the 4th quarter most times. They don't have time to adjust to it and it throws them off to end the game. I can dig it.

PG defended Will the entire game except when LS and DJ gave him a break. I don't get what your saying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Eleazar
02-17-2012, 02:23 AM
I agree with the Danny and Paul assessment. If we can find an obvious upgrade over Danny who is a SG I would have no problem with moving Paul to SF, but I think having both of them gives us a huge advantage. It would be stupid to move him to SF just to move him to SF.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Its funny how some people are just not who you expect them to be. DeShawn Stevenson is just one of the nicest guys in the world.

I never thought of Stevenson as a bad guy. Sure, he may have had sex with a girl who was 14 years old. But he was 19 and we have no way to know that it was not consesual. I know several girls who had their first sexual experience at 14 or 15 with guys 2 or 3 years older than them and I wouldn't consider it a crime. Taking into account the weird situation that his family was when he was born I can hardly make an assumption for him from that action alone.

Also, I agree with what you said about the Reggie Bush joke. Yeah, it's just used to throw him off but it's not the best subject to bring up to (I think the same about the MarShon comments).

Glad you're giving us all those little tidbits, Peck :)

Eleazar
02-17-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't quite get the Reggie Bush stuff? Anyone care to explain?

AesopRockOn
02-17-2012, 03:58 AM
I told my wife to not say anything to loud or Joey Crawford might give us a ďTĒ just for being there and for whatever reason DeShawn thought this was the funniest thing heíd heard.

:applaud:

Oh ****, Joey just T'd me up.

FireTheCoach
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
I'll say that I don't think this team is as bad as the losing streak would indicate... hopefully this win will help restore some confidence and they can look back at the 5 game skid and learn some things that will help improve the play as a whole unit.

The Pacers are still a playoff team even after a 5 game losing streak, and as we all know, the playoffs are really the only games that mean anything in the NBA. Regardless of our seeding, I doubt the Pacers will be an easy out in the post season...

Hope they get some rest and come out hard next game.... GO PACERS!!

Day-V
02-17-2012, 05:10 AM
I'm glad we chanted "Reggie Bush", and we'd do it again. He knew what he was getting into when he began to date that chick in terms of publicity and ridicule. Dude was not going to get any mercy from us.

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 06:47 AM
"Reggie Bush" is probably a lot tamer than what he has heard this season.

vnzla81
02-17-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm glad we chanted "Reggie Bush", and we'd do it again. He knew what he was getting into when he began to date that chick in terms of publicity and ridicule. Dude was not going to get any mercy from us.

I would still do it again if that was me, Kim Kardashian? Hell yeah!!! ;)

McKeyFan
02-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm surprised I haven't heard more about what was the big huge phenomenon of this game: A.J. Price replaced Collison in the fourth.

I don't think A.J. is great, but I think he is decent. Collison is great at some things but he is not even decent at distribution. This made a big difference and it is doubtful we win this game without this adjustment last night.

Personally, I would love to see this become a permanent change. I'd like to see A.J. start, in fact. I just don't know if Vogel has the political will to do that.

We need to acquire a better point guard. Until then, A.J. can make us better down the stretch.

Asher99
02-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm surprised I haven't heard more about what was the big huge phenomenon of this game: A.J. Price replaced Collison in the fourth.

I don't think A.J. is great, but I think he is decent. Collison is great at some things but he is not even decent at distribution. This made a big difference and it is doubtful we win this game without this adjustment last night.

Personally, I would love to see this become a permanent change. I'd like to see A.J. start, in fact. I just don't know if Vogel has the political will to do that.

We need to acquire a better point guard. Until then, A.J. can make us better down the stretch.

DC with the second unit would be better for everyone! He and Tyler seem to play very well together especially setting up Tyler in rhythm on his FT area jumpers. DC, Tyler and Hill could be a force off the bench with DC hitting Tyler or a kicking it out for a Hill 3 or use his speed to get to the cup.

hoopsforlife
02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
B+ for PG? Without him the Pacers lose this game tonight.

Slick Pinkham
02-17-2012, 08:22 AM
...Danny is just a fighter. Sure there are times that he may not come in at 100% but then there are times when he either gets mad or fed up that he can throw the team on his back and win. He has done that several times this year and tonight was no different. I think Danny was just not going to let us lose to the Nets. Deron Williams is a true star in this league, probably one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA and actually if he had a better team you could make an argument that he might be the best (depends really what you want from your point guard). But Danny just out willed him tonight.

I was going to post something like this in the "this team has quit" thread as a reason that it should be locked, but I didn't want to give a stupid thread a bump.

Danny could have taken a week off and let his ankle heal 100%. No, that is just not who he is. This team hasn't quit, and at least for last night the reason was that Danny wouldn't let them quit.

(Now, if you are a mod and reading this, please go lock the quit thread!)

Justin Tyme
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=Peck;1376140]

Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didnít quite abuse Tyler he didnít let Tyler get anything going either.

I donít mean to sound to negative about all of this, a win is a win so weíll take it and stop the bleeding. QUOTE]

I was thinking this after the game how much better Humphries was than I remembered. He is very athletic, I didn't realize this, and has a nice mid-range jumper. I was wrong feeling he was nothing more than a garbage put back type player like Foster. Speaking of Foster, that jumper he hit was fantastic. The Pacers needed that basket.

There was a time when the Pacers got down by 11 in the 1st qtr I was seeing deja vue. This win, even though against a below .500 team, hopefully is a start of better things, but again it was against a team under .500, so I'm not going to get carried away with the win. Just glad to have won!

Has Marshon Brooks ever seen a shot he didn't like or couldn't hit? He's definately a shooter who can score.

BPump33
02-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Peck,

Humphries went 0-4 (3-7 total) from the FT line the last time we played them when using the "Reggie Bush" chant. We were definitely going to use it again. Also, he blew a kiss in the air and then pointed at us when he finally made a FT. I'm sure it does bother him, but like Day-V said he knew what he was getting into when he let E! follow his every move around with a camera. He was also paid pretty handsomely for that "show" I would imagine.

There are definitely lines that we should not cross, but IN MY OPINION this was not one of them. However, I told JonnyB83 on the way out of the Fieldhouse that I would love to have him on our team. Hell, he'd be one of my favorite Pacers. He has a Tyler level of enthusiasm about him, but also has the skill to go with it.

BillS
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
A couple of things. First:

PG defended Will the entire game except when LS and DJ gave him a break. I don't get what your saying.

In the game I was watching, DC was "defending" DWill in the first quarter. I even remember commenting that PG and DC should be switched on defense.

Second:

Two guys changed things when they hit the floor but not in ways anyone could really quantize:

When Lance first came in he began to really get physical on DWill, which I think kind of knocked him for a loop and took him out of the zone he'd gotten into against DC. Just for that alone I think this was one of Lance's most effective games on the floor.

Tyler's hands were basically on everything within reach every time he got near the ball. It seemed like other guys were so afraid to foul that they kept out of the scramble, while TH got in there and messed around. I'd like to think that helped them get some of their defensive aggression back.

Mackey_Rose
02-17-2012, 09:44 AM

In the game I was watching, DC was "defending" DWill in the first quarter. I even remember commenting that PG and DC should be switched on defense.

I'm pretty sure those 4 straight buckets he got posting up in the 1st quarter was due to DC being physically over matched, and left without a chance. Which is also why he found himself on the bench in the 4th quarter.

xIndyFan
02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
. . . Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didnít quite abuse Tyler he didnít let Tyler get anything going either. . .

IIRC, humphries had most of his points early. evidently the west and hansbrough didn't read the scouting report that humphries has only one hand. once they started crowding his right hand, things settled down.

the reason he doesn't get more attention is offensively, he is only a jump shooter with one hand. and defensively, offensively dwest had a good game against him. ie he doesn't appear to be a top notch defender. humphries is a better version of troy murphy, without the 3 pt shooting. better defender, but not a good defender.

it seems h is just a bad matchup for the current, undersized, pacer PF. so he is one of those guys that looks good against the pacers. better than his actual value. that said, he would still be a nice addition to the frontcourt rotation. pacers could use some size.

xBulletproof
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM

Eh, wha? I think you're confused.

RWB
02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Also Iíll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was.

Congrats to AREA 55 you're under their skin..... As others have pointed out you can't go on a reality show designed to create controversy, fake drama, to get people to tune in and get paid for it without being willing to take the heat.

Kris Humphries signed on to be in the lime light and he succeeded.

vnzla81
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
David West: C- Did hit the offensive glass tonight and he did score. But his defense, as has been the case lately, was at best poor. Humphries made him look like he was 38 with two knee replacements. Also is it my imagination or does he sometimes make some really stupid plays at the end of games when he is passing?

His defense has been bad lately? how about all year? he is Boozer's bad, too bad we don't have a defensive machine like Noah to help on this a bit.

Unclebuck
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Peck, more information from the Nets bench, I love that type of stuff. Can you pick up on whether they like playing for Avery.

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Like I said earlier, "Reggie Bush" is downright tame. I wonder what Farmar and Sheldon think of Knicks, Bulls, and ESPECIALLY Philly fans. Their stuff is probably 10x worse and definitely over the line of what Area55 as a whole would probably consider uncomfortable.

Which reminds me, somehow some of us got to mocking Twilight during halftime last night. Time to find out if any NBA players have made the mistake of saying they like that crap.:devil:

spazzxb
02-17-2012, 10:37 AM

My dog unplugged my dtv box early in the first. I actually thought it was dumb to start DC, knowing what would happen. PG still guarded him the vast majority of the game. It wasn't saved for the end, which was the point I was making.

SycamoreKen
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
I think you are confusing someone pointing out juvenile and classless behavior with getting under someone's skin. One can do the first without the other happening, trust me I know from working with middle schoolers. I have never talked with the guy, but I think she had more to do with the set up and then proceeded to perform a great hatchet job on him. Of course why any guy would want to be with her after the number of guys she has been with is beyond me.

I guess I would prefer we stayed as classy as fans as we want our players to be. Might not that behavior cause some not to come back to see a game?

Wish I could get those seats for the Pacers down here in March!

Peck,

Humphries went 0-4 (3-7 total) from the FT line the last time we played them when using the "Reggie Bush" chant. We were definitely going to use it again. Also, he blew a kiss in the air and then pointed at us when he finally made a FT. I'm sure it does bother him, but like Day-V said he knew what he was getting into when he let E! follow his every move around with a camera. He was also paid pretty handsomely for that "show" I would imagine.

There are definitely lines that we should not cross, but IN MY OPINION this was not one of them. However, I told JonnyB83 on the way out of the Fieldhouse that I would love to have him on our team. Hell, he'd be one of my favorite Pacers. He has a Tyler level of enthusiasm about him, but also has the skill to go with it.

Congrats to AREA 55 you're under their skin..... As others have pointed out you can't go on a reality show designed to create controversy, fake drama, to get people to tune in and get paid for it without being willing to take the heat.

Kris Humphries signed on to be in the lime light and he succeeded.

graphic-er
02-17-2012, 10:45 AM
IIRC, humphries had most of his points early. evidently the west and hansbrough didn't read the scouting report that humphries has only one hand. once they started crowding his right hand, things settled down.

the reason he doesn't get more attention is offensively, he is only a jump shooter with one hand. and defensively, offensively dwest had a good game against him. ie he doesn't appear to be a top notch defender. humphries is a better version of troy murphy, without the 3 pt shooting. better defender, but not a good defender.

it seems h is just a bad matchup for the current, undersized, pacer PF. so he is one of those guys that looks good against the pacers. better than his actual value. that said, he would still be a nice addition to the frontcourt rotation. pacers could use some size.

If i recall Hump only signed a one year deal with NJ. So he could be had. i'd take him over Hansbrough any day.

BPump33
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I think you are confusing someone pointing out juvenile and classless behavior with getting under someone's skin. One can do the first without the other happening, trust me I know from working with middle schoolers. I have never talked with the guy, but I think she had more to do with the set up and then proceeded to perform a great hatchet job on him. Of course why any guy would want to be with her after the number of guys she has been with is beyond me.

I guess I would prefer we stayed as classy as fans as we want our players to be. Might not that behavior cause some not to come back to see a game?

Wish I could get those seats for the Pacers down here in March!

He signed off to be on the show. He got paid to be on the show. It was his choice to be on the show. This isn't making fun of someone for their mom hooking up with a teammate or the classless "break your leg" chant from last year. This is getting on a guy for signing up for a reality show and choosing to live his life even more in the public eye. If he didn't want the criticism, he shouldn't have signed up for the show. He was fine cashing the checks, so he should be fine with the fallout. Just my two cents.

Edit: But in all honesty, it really doesn't matter now. NJ doesn't come back so what's done is done. We can't make everyone happy.

spazzxb
02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Eh, wha? I think you're confused.

Nope, you just ignored the point I was making to harp on a slight inaccuracy.

CJ Jones
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Danny could have taken a week off and let his ankle heal 100%. No, that is just not who he is. This team hasn't quit, and at least for last night the reason was that Danny wouldn't let them quit.

Danny was moving around pretty good for a guy just coming back after missing 2 games because of sprained ankle wasn't he. ;)

I kid... I kid. My theory was probably wrong. Sorry Danny.

Mackey_Rose
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
DC with the second unit would be better for everyone! He and Tyler seem to play very well together especially setting up Tyler in rhythm on his FT area jumpers. DC, Tyler and Hill could be a force off the bench with DC hitting Tyler or a kicking it out for a Hill 3 or use his speed to get to the cup.

DC seems like he'd make a better player off the bench. He's a score-first point guard, who isn't big enough or smart enough to defend nearly all of the starting NBA point guards. I could see him being very effective as a quick, change-of-pace scorer off the bench. To make a very lazy comparison, he's much more comparable to Jason Terry than he is to Jason Kidd.

Your reasoning for making that move, doesn't make any sense though. Changing our scheme, offense, and lineups in order to get Tyler Hansbrough more jump shots might just be the single worst idea that has ever been proposed on this board.

For a guy known for the effectiveness of his mid-range jumper, he's stunningly ineffective.

In his career, he's 265-745 on jump shots. So we're going to make a pretty huge change in order to get a guy hitting jumpers at a .356 clip more attempts? What is the thought process behind that? This season he's only 45-147 for a miserable .306 percentage.

If you consider the "mid-range" as anything outside of 10 feet. He's a career .383 mid-range shooter. This season he's just a .308 shooter.

Should we really make a huge adjustment in order to focus our offense around this kind of ineffectiveness?

This season:

At the rim he's shooting .579
From 3-9 feet he's shooting .333
From 10-15 feet he's shooting .300
From 16 feet and out he's shooting .311

His career numbers:

At the rim he's shooting .551
From 3-9 feet he's shooting .358
From 10-15 feet he's shooting .353
From 16 feet and out he's shooting .391

CJ Jones
02-17-2012, 11:12 AM

Yeah he definitely guarded him most of the game last night. That's not how they usually use him though.

I'm starting to think AJ or Lance should get more playing time versus certain teams so we can use Paul on the other teams best players more often. Darren's defense has disappeared lately.

RWB
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Honestly Ken I would think the "and one motherf@#%$%" you constantly see from players would have a more of an impact. Any who if Humphries is willing to put his divorce prodeedings on tv how more open can you get.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57373309-10391698/kris-humphries-wants-to-televise-divorce-report/

February 8, 2012 12:55 PM PrintText Kris Humphries wants to televise divorce: Report

(Credit: CBS/AP) (CBS) We saw them fall in love, but will we get to watch them undergo a bitter divorce?

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries split last Ocotber after an over-the-top televised wedding held 72 days earlier. But now sources say Humphries and his attorney, Lee Hutton, want to televise the divorce trial.

An insider tells TMZ they want to "expose the M.O. of reality TV" by trying to prove that Kardashian didn't want to stay together and was going through with the ceremony to get ratings for her E! reality show.

But Kardashian wants none of it. A source told RadarOnline.com the TV star's lawyer, Laura Wasser, is formally petitioning for a private mediator - without a camera in sight.

"Kim doesn't want a long drawn out trial," an insider told the website. "She wants the mediation to be private, confidential, and legally binding. She and Kris have no assets together and kept separate bank accounts, so this is a fairly routine divorce proceeding. Kim just wants this over and done with."

Kardashian filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences." Humphries, though, has called fraud and wants to annul the marriage.

xIndyFan
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
. . . Darren's defense has disappeared lately.

darren lacks size. against bigger guys like dwill, he just isn't able to control them. there are just some guys he cannot defend.

fwiw, i think the condensed season hurts guys like darren and tyler. undersized guys that depend on a high motor. with everybody getting tired and therefore slower, their lack of size is more of a handicap than during a normal season.

i wonder if in the playoffs that will change or not? more rest = lets the quickness back.

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57373309-10391698/kris-humphries-wants-to-televise-divorce-report/

February 8, 2012 12:55 PM PrintText Kris Humphries wants to televise divorce: Report

(Credit: CBS/AP) (CBS) We saw them fall in love, but will we get to watch them undergo a bitter divorce?

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries split last Ocotber after an over-the-top televised wedding held 72 days earlier. But now sources say Humphries and his attorney, Lee Hutton, want to televise the divorce trial.

This would be FAR more entertaining than ANYTHING ever shown on E! :dance:

Ratking
02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd give Foster an A. I think his hustle and energy on both ends of the floor in the 2nd quarter shook this team out of its slumber. From that point on, we brought the effort we had been missing the past few games.

CJ Jones
02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
darren lacks size. against bigger guys like dwill, he just isn't able to control them. there are just some guys he cannot defend.

fwiw, i think the condensed season hurts guys like darren and tyler. undersized guys that depend on a high motor. with everybody getting tired and therefore slower, their lack of size is more of a handicap than during a normal season.

i wonder if in the playoffs that will change or not? more rest = lets the quickness back.

I'm not sure it's just his size though. It looks like at times he's not putting in much effort to get around screens and stay in front of his man. Size is a major factor and will be a disadvantage against nearly every player, but I'm not seeing him try too hard.

I will say he was much better in the second half yesterday before he got benched.

Speed
I loves me some Area 55.

CableKC
BTW, the entire bench calls Kris Humphries ďHulkĒ. Even Avery Johnson calls him that.

Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didnít quite abuse Tyler he didnít let Tyler get anything going either.

I donít watch any of the non-scripted TV shows so I can honestly tell you I know nothing about whatever show it was he appeared on but itís just too bad that this is what he is known for and not for being a very good power forward. I honestly wish he was our power forward.
That's why some of us here were calling to make a run at him over David West in the offseason. Ignoring the off-court reality stuff....Humphries is a more athletic version of Foster that does the dirty work ( which is good ) that also thinks that he has an offensive game ( which is bad ). I would still love to have him on the roster....but we don't have the minutes to play him unless Hansbrough is pushed further down into the rotation....or traded.

Dgreenwell3
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
I didn't care for the Reggie Bush chant, Heard Roy didn't want Kris's personal life brought into the game earlier in the season...

CableKC
02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Uhhh...what other channel do you think that this Divorce Court travesty show would be televised?

BPump33
02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I didn't care for the Reggie Bush chant, Heard Roy didn't want Kris's personal life brought into the game earlier in the season...

Roy told us not to anger Kobe with divorce stuff, he didn't say anything about KDash as far as I know.

It didn't matter though, because LA doesn't come here.

RWB
02-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I think AREA 55 should be limited to low level booing and golf clapping only please. :D

Hicks
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Kris Humphries is great offensively... so long as you let him go right along the baseline from the right side on a faceup.

Tyler and David finally figured out (much later than I would have liked) that things change considerably once you force him to go left.

Sookie
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
DC, this is really just an awful matchup for him. It's not even his fault on defense. People were saying that when Lance came in, he stopped the bleeding. That wasn't quite true, they just went away from Deron and started picking on DC on defense again. It was very clear that their goal was to exploit him and West defensively. I don't know that it's fair to go "AJ should start over DC" after this game. This was going to be a bad game for DC, everyone knew it before the game started, and for the most part..it's not even DC's fault.

AJ Price. This was the average game for AJ that I saw at Uconn for two years last night. (With upgraded defense, the one area he's very clearly improved at since college) He was running the team, picking his spots to try and score on offense (and hit some pretty big shots), making really good entry passes. He's not the most talented guy in the world. But he's also probably the smartest basketball player on the roster - and that can make up for a lot of shortcomings.

And I'd like to point out again, that when you put him on the court with people who are able to score, he runs an offense instead of just trying to get some points for us. He also just doesn't get enough credit for his defense. He's been anywhere from good to exceptional defensively this entire season.

I think Lance got to play so little, because the unit of AJ, Dahntay, Granger, Hans, Foster played really well together this game, and we needed a win. Vogel just wasn't going to take chances with that. I didn't see Lance do anything to warrant being "benched" he just happened to not be part of the group that got us back in the game.

Tyler..Tyler needs to really work on his midrange shot. He plays his best when that's falling, and it's really not falling. His midrange, when hitting, allows him to get open shots down low, because opposing power forwards come out and guard him. He doesn't have too many post moves, so he needs to get consistent with that shot.

That said, he's gotten a lot better at passing from the high post to the low post. He needs to learn to pass it back out when he's about to get double teamed, but I like seeing that improvement from him. And it's been a consistent improvement.

West, I've given him some crap lately. And I think it's well deserved. He looked better last night, but I need to see some better defensive effort more energy (better rebounding...). He made Mr. Kardashian look like Blake Griffin at times last night. It's nice to see his offense is going well, but the other stuff is more important.

Roy, I thought Roy did some really good things last night that'll hopefully get him back on track. He didn't have a great game, but it was definitely solid. He's allowed to have peaks and valleys too. I know people get nervous when Roy starts to stutter, but remember, he isn't being emotionally abused this season...(And he's clearly not over O'brien. So maybe when he plays poorly, he gets more nervous Vogel won't trust him or whatever..)

PG, I like it when PG teases us with his potential. He hasn't been playing well on either side of the court as of late, and tonight his defense was back, and he showed us some nice offensive moves. Just think about how that poor opposing point guard feels when he's guarding them. He's 6'10, stronger, and just as fast...I expect it'll be a few years before he really develops his offense and becomes consistent. But I'll wait.

Danny. This is what I'm talking about. Calling out West and Danny for not being a leader, and Danny toughs it out, plays really good defense, and was fantastic on the offensive end. Great game by Danny.

I thought Vogel made some really good coaching decisions tonight, he was in a bit of a funk himself.

Overall, it seemed like everyone's body language had improved, and I thought so at the beginning of the game. It wasn't pretty by any stretch, and we had some "not so great" moments, but overall..the effort seemed to be there again.

Sookie
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Roy told us not to anger Kobe with divorce stuff, he didn't say anything about KDash as far as I know.

It didn't matter though, because LA doesn't come here.

But that wasn't for "class reasons" that was "don't upset Kobe unless you'd like to see him put 100 on us"

Brad8888
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Tyler Hansbrough: C If you believe in the +/- stat (I do not) then he was the best player on the floor for either team. Watching the game will change your mind about that in a hurry. Offensively he had all of the grace and poise of a hemophiliac dancing on broken glass

:bowdown:

:applaud:

:rotflmao:

:lolchair:

:king:

I want to nominate this line for "Observation of the Year"!

maragin
02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Peck, thank you for doing these Odd Thoughts for each game. They are great reads and I enjoy the perspective they provide. Gives me something to look forward to after a loss when I can't bring myself to read what the big sites are saying. After a win... any win, they are even more enjoyable.

Thanks!

graphic-er
02-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I think Hansbrough will go down as one of Bird's worst draft selections. Did this guy actually play on the same team with Ty Lawson? Isn't his guy a 4 time All American? How is he so fundamentally inept? He doesn't hit open shots very well, gets lost on defense, does not box out, does not rebound at a high rate for someone with his "motor".

Lets not confuse effort with accomplishment....

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Uhhh...what other channel do you think that this Divorce Court travesty show would be televised?

Uh.... TruTv?:laugh:

It is pretty close to the line (which is why I asked not to submit Kardashian-related chants for either game, because they CAN easily go over that line, plus I didn't want to read line after line of Kardashian-related crap. Truth be told, he hope he takes her and her attention-grubing family to the cleaners! ;)), but compared to what he's probably hearing in other cities, its nothing. At the same time, he made the choice to have his personal life televised, at which point its not really personal anymore, is it?

AesopRockOn
02-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Joel McHale is shaking his handsome, handsome head at you right now.

IndyHoya
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Personally, I was disappointed by the Reggie Bush chant. Like Peck, I thought it was kind of classless. Roy specifically asked us not to chant about players' love lives, divorces, etc. I don't remember him saying anything about it being because they'd go off on us with a flurry of points. Just sayin...

I don't think it had anything to do with our chant (which was a repeat from the earlier Nets game), but Humphries played like a wild man last night - probably the best game he's had this season anyway. Maybe he remembered the chant from before. I dunno. Anyway, last night he certainly had the last laugh.

The Sleeze
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Personally, I was disappointed by the Reggie Bush chant. Like Peck, I thought it was kind of classless. Roy specifically asked us not to chant about players' love lives, divorces, etc. I don't remember him saying anything about it being because they'd go off on us with a flurry of points. Just sayin...

I don't think it had anything to do with our chant (which was a repeat from the earlier Nets game), but Humphries played like a wild man last night - probably the best game he's had this season anyway. Maybe he remembered the chant from before. I dunno. Anyway, last night he certainly had the last laugh.

I'm pretty sure the Pacers did.

BPump33
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM

I don't think it had anything to do with our chant (which was a repeat from the earlier Nets game), but Humphries played like a wild man last night - probably the best game he's had this season anyway. Maybe he remembered the chant from before. I dunno. Anyway, last night he had the last laugh.

He said not to anger Kobe from what I remember. Oh well, Pa Pa Pacers it is. If we can't go after a guy who SIGNED UP and was paid to have his personal life aired, then I truly don't get it.

vnzla81
02-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the Pacers did.

Yeah but he is the one that used to date Kim. I take dating Kim and making money for it over a win againts the Pacers ;)

BPump33
02-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah but he is the one that used to date Kim.

Haha, good point. :)

I guess my point is that if he was trying to keep his private life private and got divorced, then I'd understand how it was crossing the line. That's not the case at all, here. He was married to a Kardashian (well, THE Kardashian) and his whole life was on television. He knew that going in, it was his choice. Not only did he know that, but he was paid to be on the show. So, he gets to benefit from putting his personal business out there, but we can't heckle him over it? I guess I don't get it.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 04:52 PM

So, you're saying that if you had the chance you would not attempt to hit on Kardashian just because in case of someone mocking you? :-o

BillS
02-17-2012, 04:55 PM
So, you're saying that if you had the chance you would not attempt to hit on Kardashian just because in case of someone mocking you? :-o

In most of our cases it would be Kardashian doing the mocking. :cry:

IndyHoya
02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
It's not that big a thing to me, really. Humphries was an idiot to get involved with the Kardashians. Same with Lamar Odom. And I can't say I feel all that badly about them getting heckled. There certainly is a "they brought it on themselves" aspect to it. No denying that.

But I didn't understand Roy to be simply saying "Don't heckle Kobe about his love life, he'll go off on us". I understood him to say, don't get into players' love lives, period. My guess is he was sort of implying that the NBA players are a group that have a lot of commonalities. They fraternize, etc. It's one thing to dump on Rose about his SAT tests, or Varajao about his hair. But getting into how your wife is cuckholding you or tallying up the guys she used to do it with is kind of close to the bone.

Area 55 is seen by the NBA opposition as Roy's thing and when we get too personal, the recipients take it personally and see Roy (unfairly, but somewhat cogently) as the instigator or countenancer of it all. Roy's a nice and very friendly guy and I don't see him as wanting us to make him a lot of deep personal enemies.

That said, maybe I'm wrong. I'm no mind-reader. I don't have an inside track on Roy's thinking. It's just my guess about what he was thinking when he told us to lay off players' love lives. That was my take on it anyway.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
In most of our cases it would be Kardashian doing the mocking. :cry:

:laugh:

xIndyFan
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
That's why some of us here were calling to make a run at him over David West in the offseason. Ignoring the off-court reality stuff....Humphries is a more athletic version of Foster that does the dirty work ( which is good ) that also thinks that he has an offensive game ( which is bad ). I would still love to have him on the roster....but we don't have the minutes to play him unless Hansbrough is pushed further down into the rotation....or traded.

the question is how much is this guy worth. right now he's makind $8M. is he worth that same $8-10M worth of cap space next season? i was one of those guys that liked him, but not at that kind of price.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 05:39 PM
But I didn't understand Roy to be simply saying "Don't heckle Kobe about his love life, he'll go off on us". I understood him to say, don't get into players' love lives, period. My guess is he was sort of implying that the NBA players are a group that have a lot of commonalities. They fraternize, etc. It's one thing to dump on Rose about his SAT tests, or Varajao about his hair. But getting into how your wife is cuckholding you or tallying up the guys she used to do it with is kind of close to the bone.

Area 55 is seen by the NBA opposition as Roy's thing and when we get too personal, the recipients take it personally and see Roy (unfairly, but somewhat cogently) as the instigator or countenancer of it all. Roy's a nice and very friendly guy and I don't see him as wanting us to make him a lot of deep personal enemies.

That said, maybe I'm wrong. I'm no mind-reader. I don't have an inside track on Roy's thinking. It's just my guess about what he was thinking when he told us to lay off players' love lives. That was my take on it anyway.

This x1000000

BPump33
02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Joe,

I agree with you 99.9% of the time that personal lives should stay personal. But when KH sold his marriage and lifestyle to E! (and apparently his divorce), I believe he lost that privacy and is subject to public opinion/ridicule. We can just agree to disagree and I'm sorry that you found it classless.

I'm only still harping on this because I feel responsible for it. I tweeted at least two months ago that I couldn't wait to chant "Reggie, Reggie" at KH and I received all kind of positive responses. I thought he was fair game.

And I'm sure if you ask Roy he would tell us not to get too personal, but I was no more than 5 feet from him when he said, "Please don't bring up a certain player and his divorce. I don't want him to go off." Kobe had been in the news that week because of his divorce.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I think that the discussion between BPump33 and IndyHoya is an evidence of class in itself :)

BPump33
02-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I think that the discussion between BPump33 and IndyHoya is an evidence of class in itself :)

I have all the respect in the world for Joe and Roy for that matter. Humphries....not so much.

IndyHoya
02-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Pump knows what I think of him.

Sometimes being in Area 55 is surreal.

We're two very, very good friends with college degrees and perfect Pacers attendance records arguing here back and forth about the relative merits of a free-throw chant involving a guy dumb enough to get involved on reality TV with Kim Kardasian. Pump's right about censoring Area 55er to the point of toothlessness. We can't let that happen.

Like Peck said in his article, reasonable minds can differ about line-drawing.

BTW, last season I was all for chanting to Dwight Howard about his "Baby Mama"

Asher99
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Your reasoning for making that move, doesn't make any sense though. Changing our scheme, offense, and lineups in order to get Tyler Hansbrough more jump shots might just be the single worst idea that has ever been proposed on this board.

Its not changing the offense to get him more jump shots as he's shooting them already. Its getting him a partner who can hit him in rhythm on those shots he's taking anyway and getting him the ball in spots where he's more conformable. DC is major reason why Tyler shot 49.9% as a starter. For someone who wants to act like they know this much about basketball one would think that would be crystal clear to you. But I guess not, also the benefits of moving DC to the second unit go deeper than his play with Tyler.

Day-V
02-17-2012, 07:03 PM

Where the **** did I say that?

I personally don't find her that attractive. She's pretty, but she's not some goddess that people make her out to be. And the way she presents herself in terms of her attitude, intelligence, and personality on that show makes her even less appealing. I'd hit it, but then quit it. I'd never date a bimbo like that, let alone sign-off on TV cameras following me and said bimbo around everyday.

Man, we're getting way off topic...............so how about those Pacers?

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Where the **** did I say that?

I personally don't find her that attractive. She's pretty, but she's not some goddess that people make her out to be. And the way she presents herself in terms of her attitude, intelligence, and personality on that show makes her even less appealing. I'd hit it, but then quit it. I'd never date a bimbo like that, let alone sign-off on TV cameras following me and said bimbo around everyday.

Man, we're getting way off topic...............so how about those Pacers?

You didn't say that per se but I have a feeling that a lot of the hate towards Hump revolves around him managing to "hit" Kim while she'd probably ignore most of us. It's just a general feeling I have when people mock someone's love life.

That said, I agree with your second paragraph and I also agree that we have strayed way off-topic. It's just that I personally wouldn't mention someone's love life to put him off. But that's just my opinion. Other people are allowed to think differently :)

BPump33
02-17-2012, 07:36 PM
You didn't say that per se but I have a feeling that a lot of the hate towards Hump revolves around him managing to "hit" Kim while she'd probably ignore most of us. It's just a general feeling I have when people mock someone's love life.

I can speak for Day-V here because I know his response. His hate for Humphries is that he's a Net and not on the Pacers. Period. :D

Hell, the one time I saw that show it was because I was flipping through and saw our boy DG on there. He's pretty good friends with Humphries, apparently.

And I know, Vnzla, if DG spent more time working on game and less time on reality TV he'd be as good as Monta Ellis. :-)

SoupIsGood
02-17-2012, 08:38 PM
I personally don't find her that attractive. She's pretty, but she's not some goddess that people make her out to be. And the way she presents herself in terms of her attitude, intelligence, and personality on that show makes her even less appealing.

This. The celeb-worship is mind-boggling. In the real world, there are plenty of non-celebrity women who look as least as (emphasizing here the at least as) good as Kim K, and in many cases they're also not braindead TV goofs. And the most effective way to have them ignore or mock you is to be sure that they will. Go check out any somewhat fancy or ritzy restaurant where couples tend to go for big nights out: you'll see that we live in a world where people don't pair up according to some preordained formula of attractiveness and social prestige. You'll see a lot of couplings that should be impossible under a system where 10's only date 10's, 8s only 8's, whatever. All that "out of their league" ********. People date people. It's easy to buy into whatever weird hierarchical rankings though, because when that person you thought was too good for you marries someone else, you don't have to feel bad about never initiating anything with him/her, or for not acting with the sort of conviction that might have made things play out differently.

Just something that bugs me, how people idolize a given activity or person until they are convinced that it's so impossible that they don't need to bother. They class themselves out. I can't remember the last time one of my buddies sighed over a beer and complained that he couldn't do something he literally wasn't capable of (like going out and becoming an NBA star after years and years of smoking weed and scarfing potato chips). It's always stuff they obviously could do, but it's important that they convince themselves they can't. . . for whatever reason.

Peck
02-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Peck, more information from the Nets bench, I love that type of stuff. Can you pick up on whether they like playing for Avery.

I didn't get a feel for whether they cared about playing for Avery or not but I can tell you one thing.

They didn't really care that they lost.

This is one of the reasons why I am almost never for the "let's tank to get better theory".

Losing breeds losing IMO and last night I can tell you just from watching them up close that the only person who seemed to even care when the Pacers took a lead was MarShon Brooks.

The rest of them set there pretty unfazed one way or the other. I know you can't always tell what a person is thinking but the body language was pretty poor IMO, like they fully expected this.

I can also tell you that Brook Lopez was very disgusted with the people of Indiana. In all honesty it was pretty embarrassing.

For one of the time out games they brought out two teen age to early 20's (tops) kids and had them guess Michael Jackson songs. Early on they didn't even try and guess any of the songs and then when they played "beat it" the male participant yelled "Thriller". The problem was that the hostess said he was correct and moved on, only to be told by someone near by that he was wrong so she had to go back and have the girl guess. Someone right next to her yelled "Beat it" which she repeated sheepishly and won.

Brook looked right at me and shook his head in disgust. I apologized on behalf of all of Indiana and said to forgive us for we are hillbillies here.

Kurt Humphries was the center of attention from the crowd. Between people yelling at him for his TV appearance and women who kept coming up trying to get their picture with him it was a constant flow of people. It had to be very distractive for him.

I stopped counting DeShawn Stevensonís tattooís at 75.

P.J. Carlisimo does the majority of the talking to the players when they come to the bench and even talks a lot in the huddles.

Avery yells at them to constantly keep their arms up on defense. Did I mention MarShon Brooks doesn't care for Danny Granger?

Popeye Jones could still take flight if an updraft caught his ears. Of course with age it would have to be a strong wind as Popeye has not stayed in game shape.

graphic-er
02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
This. The celeb-worship is mind-boggling. In the real world, there are plenty of non-celebrity women who look as least as (emphasizing here the at least as) good as Kim K, and in many cases they're also not braindead TV goofs. And the most effective way to have them ignore or mock you is to be sure that they will. Go check out any somewhat fancy or ritzy restaurant where couples tend to go for big nights out: you'll see that we live in a world where people don't pair up according to some preordained formula of attractiveness and social prestige. You'll see a lot of couplings that should be impossible under a system where 10's only date 10's, 8s only 8's, whatever. All that "out of their league" ********. People date people. It's easy to buy into whatever weird hierarchical rankings though, because when that person you thought was too good for you marries someone else, you don't have to feel bad about never initiating anything with him/her, or for not acting with the sort of conviction that might have made things play out differently.

Just something that bugs me, how people idolize a given activity or person until they are convinced that it's so impossible that they don't need to bother. They class themselves out. I can't remember the last time one of my buddies sighed over a beer and complained that he couldn't do something he literally wasn't capable of (like going out and becoming an NBA star after years and years of smoking weed and scarfing potato chips). It's always stuff they obviously could do, but it's important that they convince themselves they can't. . . for whatever reason.

Haven't you ever heard of the +-2 rule? You can only go 2 numbers up or down from our own. So an 8 can get a 10 or as low as 6. If you are a solid 6, watch out for the 4's. If you are below a 6....well go make alot of money, because that trumps everything.

Nuntius
02-17-2012, 11:57 PM
If you are below a 6....well go make alot of money, because that trumps everything.

This.

joeyd
02-18-2012, 12:19 AM
It's not that big a thing to me, really. Humphries was an idiot to get involved with the Kardashians...

But I didn't understand Roy to be simply saying "Don't heckle Kobe about his love life, he'll go off on us". I understood him to say, don't get into players' love lives, period.

Area 55 is seen by the NBA opposition as Roy's thing and when we get too personal, the recipients take it personally and see Roy (unfairly, but somewhat cogently) as the instigator or countenancer of it all. .

Right, right and right. 1) Humphries was an idiot and I'm sure he now regrets some decisions he's made. I can't hit an idiot while he's down; and I'm not going to continue to harp on something that was in essence an unexpected or bad outcome that may or may not have been at least partially out of his control. We don't know the whole truth in that sordid situation. 2) I also understood Roy's comments at the beginning of the year as well as the Kobe comments to mean that we should not chide the opponent about off-the-court issues in general. 3) Like it or not, Area 55 is indeed a reflection of Roy. The guy has respect for the game and is disciplined in how he behaves, as evidenced by the fact that I cannot remember the last time he argued with a ref or picked up a technical foul. We should in essence be a reflection of Roy.

The wifey and I had opted not to participate in the Reggie Bush chants, for the above reasons, but also because we are not huge reality show fans and admittedly did not follow the Humphries/Kim K. storylines closely. I'm also a Dolphins fan, and so I just can't put Reggie Bush's name out, regardless of what I think about his personal decisions!

xBulletproof
02-18-2012, 01:45 AM

Got it.

Don't point out when you're wrong, because it's not wrong. It's just a 'slight inaccuracy'. :laugh:

spazzxb
02-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Got it.

Don't point out when you're wrong, because it's not wrong. It's just a 'slight inaccuracy'. :laugh:

When my point was to inform you that your ace in the whole comments made no sense, given that our 2 guard was guarding Dwill almost the entire game, you shouldn't pretend like my point was invalidated by 5 minutes or so of a game that I didn't get to see. Whether or not I used the word almost has nothing to do with the fact that we utilized the 2 guard against Dwill for the vast majority of, and in every quarter of the game. My point was still valid that you "ace in the whole comment" had no resemblance to what happened in Thursday nights game.

If I am wrong I will admit it. If you think the lack of the word almost is more than a slight inaccuracy, fine. However this doesn't change the fact that you were completely wrong when you stated that Paul George was saved as an Ace in the Whole Thursday night. Like you might not have even watched the game the game wrong. You wouldn't even comment on that, so you came at me with some irrelevant BS just so you could say I was wrong about something..

McKeyFan
02-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Like it or not, Area 55 is indeed a reflection of Roy. The guy has respect for the game and is disciplined in how he behaves, as evidenced by the fact that I cannot remember the last time he argued with a ref or picked up a technical foul. We should in essence be a reflection of Roy.

The recent Stephen Jackson thread has caused me to wake up and not take for granted what is written above.

We're actually having a slight controversy over whether the fans may have tarnished the integrity of one of our players!

:buddies:

RWB
02-18-2012, 09:46 AM
I can also tell you that Brook Lopez was very disgusted with the people of Indiana. In all honesty it was pretty embarrassing.

For one of the time out games they brought out two teen age to early 20's (tops) kids and had them guess Michael Jackson songs. Early on they didn't even try and guess any of the songs and then when they played "beat it" the male participant yelled "Thriller". The problem was that the hostess said he was correct and moved on, only to be told by someone near by that he was wrong so she had to go back and have the girl guess. Someone right next to her yelled "Beat it" which she repeated sheepishly and won.

Brook looked right at me and shook his head in disgust. I apologized on behalf of all of Indiana and said to forgive us for we are hillbillies here.

Kurt Humphries was the center of attention from the crowd. Between people yelling at him for his TV appearance and women who kept coming up trying to get their picture with him it was a constant flow of people.

Thanks again Peck for the insight.

Now I feel sorry for the Nets... as Brando said with his dying breath "the horror, the horror". :laugh: Ok you've proven with the statement about Humphries he became what he wanted IMHO (a celebrity). He wanted the attention and he got it.

On the Michael Jackson thing? BOOOO my friend.... hillibillies??? You're agreeing with that old New Yawk/Jersey east coast attitude. You forget we're getting old. Indiana's youth really don't know much about Jackson other than he liked to touch kids, had a creepy face, and had his own reality death television show trial. :laugh: