PDA

View Full Version : Paul George to the dunk contest

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Great news :dance:

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Just going up at ESPN online: Dunk contest field is Budinger, Paul George, Shumpert and Derrick Williams. And, yes, Jeremy Lin involved, too

JB24
02-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Lin's assisting Shumpert.

PGisthefuture
02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Finally some good news in this time where nothing good is going for this team. I hope he jumps over Roy Hibbert. :D

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Lin won't be dunking at All-Star Weekend but has been invited to "assist" Shumpert along lines of Baron lobbing to Blake in 2011 contest

RWB
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Well it's either good or bad. Maybe PG will get back to concentrating on Pacers basketball or just the opposite and be too worried about what fabulous dunk he has in store for All Star Saturday.

J7F
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
So Shump already has it locked up with Boy Wonder assisting him...

sportfireman
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM

I was thinking the same thing

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM

Not unless we trade for Nash and he is assisting PG ;)

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Shumpert's all right, Williams is okay, Budinger is just the white guy they have to put in every contest (fortunately, half of Blake last year was enough for the NBA).

With that said, Paul should have this in the bag. First Pacer in the contest since my last favorite Pacer (besides McFly), Fred Jones. I'm sure he'll kill it, as long as he gains that killer instinct.

I expect a "Best Dunk Contest Performance of the Decade", a la Vince Carter in 2000.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 11:29 AM

Of course, the NBA will fix the contest, but the least I can hope for is that Paul will make it into the finals. However, if Lin and Shump are in the finals, the fan voting will do the rest (rigged).

J7F
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Not unless we trade for Nash and he is assisting PG ;)

I'm envisioning Nash throwing the oop to PG as he is jumping over Big Roy...

Lin hands the ball to Shump as he goes in for a one handed layup...

2012 Dunk Contest Winner:
Iman Shumpert

Heisenberg
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't really know how creative he is, but Chase Budinger can JUMP. He's far from "just some white guy."

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
This should be interesting. I know that Kenny is not a "fan" of big men dunking, but PG is really a SG/SF with the height of a PF. I haven't time to look, but who was the last 6"9 or 6'10" SG/SF who was in the dunk contest?

PGisthefuture
Of course, the NBA will fix the contest, but the least I can hope for is that Paul will make it into the finals. However, if Lin and Shump are in the finals, the fan voting will do the rest (rigged).

Fans don't vote do they?

Mackey_Rose
I don't really know how creative he is, but Chase Budinger can JUMP. He's far from "just some white guy."

Seriously.

He's not "just some white guy." He's almost clear.

JB24
Griffin is not defending his dunk title, but sources said that the annual dunk contest has a new format which will consist of only one round and in which the winner will be solely determined by fan vote.

All four competitors in the 2012 dunk field are first-timers and will be formally announced later Thursday, sources said. Each entrant will get three dunks, with fan voting to open after the foursome completes their first dunks.

When Griffin won on his home court at Staples Center last season -- most notably leaping over the hood of a car and slamming home a lob from Davis as the former Clipper peered out of the sun roof -- dunkers had to complete two rounds, with the first scored by a panel of courtside judges which determined the two finalists.

Only fan voting will be utilized in the new format, via Twitter for the first time, in addition to online and text voting.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7581045/report-jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-added-all-star-weekend-lineup

Why are they doing this? Unless PG blows everybody's socks off, Shumpert's probably got this.

graphic-er
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I think PG just needs to bow out. Roy Hibbert for that matter too.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7581045/report-jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-added-all-star-weekend-lineup

Why are they doing this? Unless PG blows everybody's socks off, Shumpert's probably got this.

I presume 3 completed dunks.....I don't mind per se. The contest will be done quickly. I hope they use the "Dunk Coaches" like they did last year. I thought the dunk coaches did help bring some creativity to the event last season. Personally, I didn't think the final Blake dunk was all that, but Kenny definitiely sold the dunk with all the lead-up.

Mackey_Rose
02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing Shumpert wins by about 1.3 billion votes.

Heisenberg
02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I hope they also instituted a no choirs rule. But yeah, if it's all fan vote then Linsanity reigns.

Ace E.Anderson
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Shumpert's all right, Williams is okay, Budinger is just the white guy they have to put in every contest (fortunately, half of Blake last year was enough for the NBA).

With that said, Paul should have this in the bag. First Pacer in the contest since my last favorite Pacer (besides McFly), Fred Jones. I'm sure he'll kill it, as long as he gains that killer instinct.

I expect a "Best Dunk Contest Performance of the Decade", a la Vince Carter in 2000.

Paul Geogre isn't THAT good of a dunker (meaning on the level of Vince Carter in his prime). Very few individuals are. But with the other players involved, he has a shot at winning.

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 11:48 AM

Imagine if they charge any kind of money per vote.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM

Seriously.

He's not "just some white guy." He's almost clear.

I'm not saying he's "just some white guy". I'm saying he's "just THE white guy" they tend to put in the contest (Rudy Fernandez [though he was fan-voted in], Chris Andersen twice). His hops? Meh. His creativity? Conceivably non-existent. His competitive nature? Not going to be enough.

Iman has a lot of skill, and will have Lin's hype on his side. Derrick Williams can do some nice things, conceptually gimmicky (off-the-side-of-the-backboard windmill), but he'll have Rubio to "Nash up" some of his dunks (a la Stoudemire in 2005). But Paul has HOPS and CREATIVITY and can do a lot of dunks I've never seen another NBA player do.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x3ZtF8GaS3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Paul did THAT DUNK EXACTLY in the dunk contest, it would be a 50, let alone if there was an assist/alley-oop involved, or any kind of prop. And he's said himself that he's got some things up his sleeve, something that Vince Carter said at the beginning of the 2000 dunk contest, and he didn't even show off the dunks he ACTUALLY planned to use (rumors/Shaq said he was going to do a 720 dunk [epic]).

This might be the single-most exciting facet of Pacers news I've heard, and it totally helps me forget about the last two games. Paul should really use tonight (against the Nets, no less) to show a little creativity and hype up the team/fans.

Like I've said before, if he just attacked the rim with the vigor and balls of Vince Carter, he'd be a lot more efficient, and overall exciting. He has the size, length, vertical, athleticism, conscious, etc., he just doesn't take the chances.

Dr. Hibbert
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
More like the SLUMP contest!!!!

Amiriteamiriteamiriteamiriteguys?!

TheDon
02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah Shump has this one in the bag unless he just flat out misses one of his dunks and even then they'll advance him into another round. I'll be shocked if anyone else wins besides him and Lin, it's bs like that that makes the dunk contest an absolute joke.

Ownagedood
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Oh wow, i thought for sure they were leaving him off. Great news! Go get em Paul! Dunk on Hibbert. Since Roy is an All Star that should add some effect as well as being ya know, 7'2.

travmil
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Even Vince in his prime couldn't do that dunk PG does in that video. If the contest is fair at all, PG should wax those chumps. But it won't be, and Shumpert will win no matter what he trots out there.

Aw Heck
02-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Fan voting? Just give it to Shumpert. Why bother with the contest?

Yao Ming needs to un-retire and enter the contest. He could win without even setting foot on the floor.

Smits Happens
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah Shump has this one in the bag unless he just flat out misses one of his dunks and even then they'll advance him into another round. I'll be shocked if anyone else wins besides him and Lin, it's bs like that that makes the dunk contest an absolute joke.

My hope is that he uses Lin in the first round only, and PG beats him in the finals. Or he tries to save Lin for the finals and doesn't make it, although I doubt that happens since people will vote for him even if he misses just so they can see Lin in the finals.

BRushWithDeath
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM

I thought they hated Taiwan?

Heisenberg
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
There's only one round guys. Each guy gets 3 dunks, then fans vote. Then they hand Iman Shumpert the trophy and he answers 45 seconds of Jeremy Lin questions.

JB24
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I honestly can't say i've seen a spectacular Shumpert dunk this season. Dude isn't even the best dunker on his team.

Deadshot
02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd love to see the PG dunk from the video, dunking over Hibbert, and then some sort of tribute to Darnell!

Pingu
02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
They might as well have left Shumpert out and just given the spot directly to Lin. Why not also put him in the 3 pts contest, point guard challenge, in the rookie game, the big game, doing the announcing, serving hot dogs outside the arena, handling valet parking, showing people to their seats, etc.?

This is just getting ****ing ridiculous. Yes, the kid can play. So, suddenly the whole ****ing NBA revolves around him? Just give him the MVP trophy already. /end rant

Heisenberg
02-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the media's gonna end up making me hate Lin like Tebow. Take a great story (except Lin's is a lot better) about a great kid and just pound the damn thing into the ground.

Smits Happens
02-16-2012, 01:06 PM
There's only one round guys. Each guy gets 3 dunks, then fans vote. Then they hand Iman Shumpert the trophy and he answers 45 seconds of Jeremy Lin questions.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I was just making an assumption. Yeah with this format it's going to take missed dunks by Shumpert for him to not win, and even that may not be enough.

ECKrueger
02-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Exactly. I don't want to hate Tebow but I can't help it. Lin is getting there already too.

Peck
02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/paul_george_slam_dunk_2012_02_16.html

Yip one round with all fan voting.

I quit watching all-star weekend a long time ago for a reason. I'll probably tune in to watch Paul but I'll just walk away mad when Lin wins the dunk contest. (no that was not a typo)

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't think anybody is going to make me hate Lin, one of the reasons why I don't like Tebow is because I think he is fake and because he is not a good player, Lin to me is going to at least be a decent starting PG in the NBA and he looks legit.

Bird Fan
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Congrats to Paul. I think that All-Star break can't come soon enough not only for us fans but also our Pacers roster.

CableKC
02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Imagine if they charge any kind of money per vote.
Stern would be stupid not to.....:D

Mackey_Rose
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I thought they hated Taiwan?

They don't know his family is from Taiwan.

State-controlled media is awesome.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Only way to counteract this is for Paul to go out and get Tim Tebow to throw him a horribly inaccurate pass, Paul catches it, dunks it while jumping over Yao Ming. Then they all 3 Tebow under the basket. Paul George wins.

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
I think the dunk contest will come down to Paul George (http://twitvid.com/DZSLP) and Iman Shumpert (http://tinyurl.com/6qr478e). Watch those videos.

Trader Joe
02-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm happy for Paul, but count me as just a little bitter that he's spending so much time being happy about this on twitter while we are in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. I'd like a little more focus on tonight's game please, especially with Paul's lackadaisical play during this streak.

Pingu
02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm happy for Paul, but count me as just a little bitter that he's spending so much time being happy about this on twitter while we are in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. I'd like a little more focus on tonight's game please, especially with Paul's lackadaisical play during this streak.

This x1000. We need a W against NJ more than we need a dunk contest trophy from PG.

The Sleeze
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
They might as well have left Shumpert out and just given the spot directly to Lin. Why not also put him in the 3 pts contest, point guard challenge, in the rookie game, the big game, doing the announcing, serving hot dogs outside the arena, handling valet parking, showing people to their seats, etc.?

This is just getting ****ing ridiculous. Yes, the kid can play. So, suddenly the whole ****ing NBA revolves around him? Just give him the MVP trophy already. /end rant

You know his last name is Lin, right? Ah....stereotypes.

sportfireman
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM

i totally agree with you.... it's fine that he's happy but the team's success should be more imporant. Not saying he cares more about all star weekend but his comments aren't showing so.

PacersAllDay
02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
And he's said himself that he's got some things up his sleeve, something that Vince Carter said at the beginning of the 2000 dunk contest,

Also something that every dunker has said before every dunk contest.

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I was going to rant on this too.

He was a bad *** volleyball star too. He's like Dunleavy if Dunleavy had insane hops and a will to block shots.

I don't think of him as a showy dunker type, but it won't be for lack of vertical game.

:mad:
But it's obvious from a mile away. Darn.

Pingu
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
You know his last name is Lin, right? Ah....stereotypes.

Sorry, I'm not following you.

Is there an 'Asians do valet parking' stereotype? If so I was completely unaware and my intention wasn't at all to be demeaning to Lin, or Asians, in a racially offensive way. If I unintentionally offended you or anybody else, I'm sorry.

I was simply pointing out, and criticizing, the NBA's new marketing strategy which apparently is to have Lin everywhere, including where he doesn't belong, for instance in the dunk contest (or parking cars).

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, the media's gonna end up making me hate Lin like Tebow. Take a great story (except Lin's is a lot better) about a great kid and just pound the damn thing into the ground.
The one thing I wish the media would do is to redirect this to the better comparison I've heard made - Kurt Warner.

Same out of nowhere, cut/ignored, stars in a lower level league and bursts back onto the scene. His sudden emergence as a PRODUCTIVE player lifts his team to a bunch of winning.

Tebow was a very high profile player who can't do his job very well and everyone rallied to him when his team found a way to carry him in spite of his poor efforts.

I'm more annoyed by the Lin is Tebow media angle than Linsanity itself.

Kemo
02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
My hope is that he uses Lin in the first round only, and PG beats him in the finals. Or he tries to save Lin for the finals and doesn't make it, although I doubt that happens since people will vote for him even if he misses just so they can see Lin in the finals.

ONLY 1 ROUND!! ..
This contest just got made into an even bigger joke than it was before..

I simply cannot believe they let it go to fan vote , twitter no less, and only 1 round...

By taking the element of the judges out and making it fan vote, they just threw a turd the size of a baby's arm into the punch bowl...

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd love to see the PG dunk from the video, dunking over Hibbert, and then some sort of tribute to Darnell!
Fake afro with a Hillman jersey on during his dunk. That would go a long way in salesmanship, and as a tribute too. Also he should request to use a RedWhiteBlue, although Heir Stern would never let that happen.

The Sleeze
02-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry, I'm not following you.

Is there an 'Asians do valet parking' stereotype? If so I was completely unaware and my intention wasn't at all to be demeaning to Lin, or Asians, in a racially offensive way. If I unintentionally offended you or anybody else, I'm sorry.

I was simply pointing out, and criticizing, the NBA's new marketing strategy which apparently is to have Lin everywhere, including where he doesn't belong, for instance in the dunk contest (or parking cars).

I got your "Lin is everywhere joke" and I thought it was funny. There is an "Asians are bad drivers" stereotype that I was joking about, like he could do everything else on the list but not park cars.....nothing you said was offensive in any way.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 02:41 PM
The following is a write-up I just posted on Postgame Online (http://postgameonline.tumblr.com/post/17718170652/nba-will-letpgfly-in-orlando) for the contest. Take a look at some of these guys' "best dunks", evaluate their skills, and tell me what you think. Also included Team Flight Brothers' "19 Dunks You Haven't Seen in the NBA Dunk Contest" to add some perspective on how Paul could easily take this contest himself. Thanks for reading.

=========

<p>It took some online viral campaigning and marketing, as well as some flashes of dunk genius from the King himself, but when the NBA announced the participants of the 2012 NBA Slam Dunk Contest today, Paul George (AKA 2Much4You) had officially been named, as well as Houston Rockets' Chase Budinger, Minnesota Timberwolves' rookie Derrick Williams, and New York Knicks' rookie Iman Shumpert (his dunk 'assistant', Jeremy Lin, was also named/hyped).</p>
<p>So let us start with examples of each competitor's skill set.</p>
<p><strong>Chase Budinger</strong>&nbsp;was the runner-up (to Gerald Henderson) in the McDonald's All-American High School dunk contest in 2006. His dunks consisted of a one-handed tomahawk (lame), a windmill at full extension (game dunk these days), and a reverse rider underneath the basket (not bad).</p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Df7nNs6ZPFw" width="640"></iframe></p>
<p>As far as <strong>Derrick Williams</strong>&nbsp;goes, he has the skill and athleticism to participate, as well as some creativity. But I don't think he has anything in his repertoire that will shock the fans and judges. Below, Williams makes a sweet two-handed 360 on the fast break during his time at Arizona. During a pre-season open practice, he throws down a few nice windmills, including one off the side of the backboard, but nothing I wouldn't consider to be "in-game dunks". In the last video, Williams kills a few windmills and pump 360's that could be pretty-looking in the contest. The question is: does he have the creativity to go beyond what has already been seen, and provide excitement on his dunks?</p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jL0hkAeIpGc" width="640"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R6ttiNX3j54" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9KfE-fOB-9I" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><strong>Iman Shumpert</strong> is going to be the favorite to win the dunk contest, specifically because the NBA botched the judging process by allowing online, text, and Twitter voting. So #Linsanity will take over the dunk contest simply because he is the Nash to Shumpert's 2006 Stoudemire. However, Shumpert has the best chance (besides Paul George) to win this contest based on talent alone. In these highlights from the Impact Basketball lockout league from this past offseason, Shumpert shows off his crazy jumping ability, and his skillful creativity when dunking. This guy has a shot.</p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bX1OMc3l3N0" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uf9wphGtMLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p>But when it comes down to it, the Postgame Online favorite to win the 2012 NBA Slam Dunk Contest is the Indiana Pacers' Paul "King" George, AKA 2Much4You. Of the other players in the contest, he's the only one who's performed more than a one- or two-handed dunk in an NBA game, having put down several alley-oops and, of course, his sick reverse against the New Jersey Nets. Besides that, look at some of the other creative dunks he's performed in front of a camera, and see what you think, compared to the evidence given for the other contestants.</p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ODJ2T4Wuy4" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TDviSeP3YZ4" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKYZSNlLEFc" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKYZSNlLEFc" width="853"></iframe></p>
<p><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJjcaj5V5yM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p>If you aren't excited for this dunk contest, whether your team has someone in the contest or not, then you better get your head out of your ***. If nothing else, Derrick Williams will be exciting, and Shumpert and George are going to light up the contest. I have a few ideas of my own, and wish I could give the suggestions to Paul George, but until then, I'll let my good friends over at <strong><a href="http://www.youtube.com/teamflightbrothers">Team Flight Brothers</strong></a> show you 19 dunks that have never been done in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest (besides Werm's "Lob Scoop Reverse", which DeMar DeRozan DESTROYED last year, calling it the "<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HPvkBGtHPc">Showstopper</a>").</p>
<p><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nakL2BZqPO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p>I would personally pick Special FX's behind-the-back 360, Young Hollywood's out-the-hand windmill elbow dunk, Air Bama's elbow alley-oop OVER someone, any dunk involving JusFly's cartwheel (windmill, between the legs, etc.), JusFly's under both legs (with or without the Dubble Up), and especially TDub's 540 reverse windmill, "Dubble Up" (out-the-hand between-the-legs OVER someone), or "Dubble Up X" (out-the-hand reverse pump over someone).</p>
<p>This year, the Slam Dunk Contest changes formats, switching to only one round (instead of two), allowing three dunks per contestant, and, for the first time, letting the fans completely decide the winner through online, text, and Twitter voting. Unfortunately, this means that Shumpert will probably have the advantage (unfairly) due to #Linsanity taking over the NBA (and the world), thus causing multi-texts and -tweets to come in voting just for Lin. However, if Paul George puled off ANY three of the dunks listed above, he'd earn 50's from a regularly-judging crowd.</p>
<p>Also, I'd like to see a Vince Carter-styled one-handed 360 elbow dunk, a reverse 360 between the legs (as he did in the workout video above), or something we truly have never seen before.</p>
<p>I'm excited to hear that the Indiana Pacers finally have a representative in the dunk contest, for the first time since (my then-favorite Pacer) Fred Jones won in 2004. To close this post, let's take a look at Freddie's perfect winning dunk from eight years ago, that pushed him to beat Jason Richardson: an off-the-bounce, full-extension 360 jam.</p>
<p><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zc6ziQSscrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p>A ton of luck to Paul George as he and the Pacers move forward in the next few games before the All-Star break, and much luck to him during the "Rising Stars" game and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Thanks for reading, and have a great day.</p>

Smits Happens
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
There are a number of things wrong with the dunk contest now, but if I could try to fix it, rule #1 would be: NO FREAKING PROPS. When guys are putting on capes or bringing cars onto the court, you know it has jumped the shark. Creativity means doing something exciting in the air, not trying to cover up that the dunk itself is bland by including some new prop. Can you imagine MJ or 'Nique doing some of the crap they do now?

End rant.

Trader Joe
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Also, the fact that this is how they worked Jeremy Lin into this weekend is stupid. Why don't you let him put up or shut up and put him in the skills competition.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
^^^^
Looks like a good post. I will have to read this when I get home.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
There are a number of things wrong with the dunk contest now, but if I could try to fix it, rule #1 would be: NO FREAKING PROPS. When guys are putting on capes or bringing cars onto the court, you know it has jumped the shark. Creativity means doing something exciting in the air, not trying to cover up that the dunk itself is bland by including some new prop. Can you imagine MJ or 'Nique doing some of the crap they do now?

End rant.

Keeping it real and fair though...a lot of what MJ and 'Nique did, at the time, were rarely seen dunks. Fast foward 20 years later. Players are getting more athletic and stronger, so what MJ and 'Nique were doing back then are becoming regular game dunks. The dunks seen in the contest are dunks that I've already seen before at some point.

Blake Griffin is the most recent player who has attempted to bring some type of a "new" dunk to the contest with just pure athleticism. Then again, Blake has some crazy game dunks in general.

As a side note, I'm surprised that the contestants don't go to YouTube to get their ideas. There are a LOT of dunks I've seen on YouTube that I have never or rarely seen in NBA games or dunk contest. Kenny Walker might be a good person for Paul George to study.

Since86
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Blake Griffin is the most recent player who has attempted to bring some type of a "new" dunk to the contest with just pure athleticism. Then again, Blake has some crazy game dunks in general.

Are you talking about jumping over a car?

I've seen that type of dunk multiple times at Gus Macker tourneys here in Muncie. The best one was about 6-7 years ago. Steve Smith, who graduated from Muncie Central, had just won the college dunk contest less than 2 years before. He was playing in the tourneys each weekend, and entering the dunk contests (and winning them) because the winner was getting $1000 in cash.

Some 5'8" white dude just took him to task. (They said he had like a 44inch vert.) Steve jumped over a golf cart, with no roof, and this guy brought out his convertible camaro, jumped over it, dropped himself into the drivers seat and drove off.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vz0lsqMV20

#9 is Steve Smith.

Dr. Awesome
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
This one is already in the bag. Shump obviously has it won already.

HOWEVER, this is a great opportunity for Paul to get recognition outside of the league, which in turn, should greatly help his confidence. I don't see anyone really outperforming George in the dunk contest, so he will stand out to people who actually understand basketball.

Smits Happens
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM

#9 is Steve Smith.

As an added bonus, No. 1 in that video is former Pacer superstar James "Flight" White.

coop-a-loop
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Paul George has already prepared for the dunk contest. Here's a highlight video of him on the Pacers practice court: http://on.nba.com/xvAzBd

Also, from 12/21/2010, PG dunks over Roy: http://on.nba.com/gYU3H6

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
As a side note, I'm surprised that the contestants don't go to YouTube to get their ideas. There are a LOT of dunks I've seen on YouTube that I have never or rarely seen in NBA games or dunk contest. Kenny Walker might be a good person for Paul George to study.

Kenny.... Walker...? Really...?

How about TDub? Werm? JusFly? Air Bama? Golden Child? Young Hollywood? Any one of the Team Flight Brothers? Take a page out of DeMar DeRozan's book and take some advice from the Best Dunkers in the World.

Watch that "19 Dunks" I posted, and then tell me whether Paul should study Kenny "Sky" Walker, or any of those guys.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM

I've seen that type of dunk multiple times at Gus Macker tourneys here in Muncie. The best one was about 6-7 years ago. Steve Smith, who graduated from Muncie Central, had just won the college dunk contest less than 2 years before. He was playing in the tourneys each weekend, and entering the dunk contests (and winning them) because the winner was getting $1000 in cash.

Some 5'8" white dude just took him to task. (They said he had like a 44inch vert.) Steve jumped over a golf cart, with no roof, and this guy brought out his convertible camaro, jumped over it, dropped himself into the drivers seat and drove off.

#9 is Steve Smith.

Nah. I saw the car dunk yeeeeaaarrrssss before they did it in last year's dunk contest. IMHO, I thought Blake's earllier dunks were better than his finale dunk.

Also...why are you teasing? I thought your youtube link was for the dunk over the convertible, lol. What you described doesn't sound like a "great" dunk, but it might have been funny as hell to see.

kielbeze
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM

#9 is Steve Smith.
I have talked about thais every since Fake Griffen jumped over the bumper of a Kia. I was there too.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Kenny.... Walker...? Really...?

How about TDub? Werm? JusFly? Air Bama? Golden Child? Young Hollywood? Any one of the Team Flight Brothers? Take a page out of DeMar DeRozan's book and take some advice from the Best Dunkers in the World.

Watch that "19 Dunks" I posted, and then tell me whether Paul should study Kenny "Sky" Walker, or any of those guys.

Yeah, I just saw the link in your original post after I posted. I'm familiar with the Team Flight Brothers videos overall, but I don't know any of the dunkers by name. However, I was going to read the entire post once I got home from work today. Also...Kenny Walker wasn't a bad dunk contest dunker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILcwr67oUg

Magic P
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Who is going to assist George? We have terrible passers on this team.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I won't post it here, but I wrote an open letter to Paul on how to win the dunk contest, as well as telling him to use the contest invitation as a confidence boost to work hard the next two weeks.

I truly want Paul to read it and take my advice, even though he has enough on his mind and plenty to do before then (it's called the regular season). Regardless, if he truly wants to win, there's no better advice that can be taken. DeMar DeRozan took advice from Team Flight Brothers last year, and got robbed by not making it into the final round. This year, there's one round, and a world full of judges, so if he wants to beat Shumpert and the Linspiracy, he'll have to truly come out with dunks no one's ever seen.

Here's the letter (http://bit.ly/yK88ML). Read it, pass it along, post it places, do whatever. I just want Paul to see it, or even subconsciously understand it, and take it into consideration when he gets on the court in Orlando.

My dream would be if he read it, was interested in my help, and contacted me when he got to Orlando for some coaching help. Can you imagine if I got Dubble Up'd-over in the dunk contest? :drool:

ECKrueger
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DfUkp3dabJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ratking
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Im happy that PG has some weak competition, but I think Alonzo Gee is deserving of a spot. I wonder if a lot of people just end up declining invitations. Id think someone like Gee would have accepted, though.

Diamond Dave
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Mike Wells just said on Twitter that Paul is trying to get Larry Bird to take part in the competition with him! This may be the only way for him to win in this ridiculous new format.

Lance George
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Inviting Jeremy Lin to "assist" Iman Shumpert, while making fan voting the sole factor in determining the winner? Wow. The phrase "stacking the deck" comes to mind.

The only hope Paul George has is if he's the clear-cut best dunker and there are enough independent-thinking fans to vote for him over the New York darlings.

The former sounds very plausible. The latter? Yeah...

Dr. Awesome
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Inviting Jeremy Lin to "assist" Iman Shumpert, while making fan voting the sole factor in determining the winner? Wow. The phrase "stacking the deck" comes to mind.

The only hope Paul George has is if he's the clear-cut best dunker and there are enough independent-thinking fans to vote for him over the New York darlings.

The former sounds very plausible. The latter? Yeah...

If it was just New York, it would have been lopsided enough. Sadly, he is going up against New York, the Asian population, and every kid 10 year old and younger. In the words of Vince Carter: Its ova.

Ratking
02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Mike Wells just said on Twitter that Paul is trying to get Larry Bird to take part in the competition with him! This may be the only way for him to win in this ridiculous new format.

Only if Paul lets Larry dunk over him.

Bball
02-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Meh... I was happy for Pacers players to have a chance to participate in All Star weekend when things were good but now that the team is slumping I'd prefer these guys not get anywhere near it.

TheDon
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Yeah i'm pretty sure he has a long term standing contract with the clorox company. It's a well known fact that the way bleach is made is they just let Chase Budinger stand in a pool of water for a while.

travmil
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Larry walks out in one of those slick Pacers retro warmup jackets, asks each of the other dunk contestants who's finishing second to PG, lobs a no look behind him to a streaking Paul George who thunders it home. Yeah that might win it.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
If it was just New York, it would have been lopsided enough. Sadly, he is going up against New York, the Asian population, and every kid 10 year old and younger. In the words of Vince Carter: Its ova.

Then, in the words of Vince Carter's dunks, Paul's gonna have to bring his A+ game.

I know, that doesn't make sense.

BlueNGold
02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm actually glad Paul is in the dunk contest. Have we ever seen a Pacer in it? Hope my memory's not going on me.

With that said, I think the team should take turns in the dunk tank the way they've been stanking.

travmil
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah your memory is going. Fred Jones won it with the dunk shown earlier in this thread.

A quick trip to Wikipedia reveals that Jon Bender, Kenny Williams, and Terrance Stansbury also participated as Pacers. I remembered Bender, but completely forgot about Williams and Stansbury.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm actually glad Paul is in the dunk contest. Have we ever seen a Pacer in it? Hope my memory's not going on me.

With that said, I think the team should take turns in the dunk tank the way they've been stanking.

Freddie Jones in 2004! Terence Stansbury in 1985-87!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zc6ziQSscrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MxqcWCWpsSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlueNGold
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah your memory is going. Fred Jones won it with the dunk shown earlier in this thread.

A quick trip to Wikipedia reveals that Jon Bender, Kenny Williams, and Terrance Stansbury also participated as Pacers. I remembered Bender, but completely forgot about Williams and Stansbury.

Oh well. I suppose part of this is because I'm trying to forget those guys...;)

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DfUkp3dabJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is it just me or is Paul George a very "graceful" dunker? I mean, he doesn't explode on his dunks. Paul George kinda "floats" to the basket on his dunks. As a side note, the man has good body control in the air.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Hmmmm...I would pay to see Larry Bird dunk at his old age. This alone is worth the price of admission. I hope that Larry Bird is a good sport and goes along with it.

TheDavisBrothers
02-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Hey hes still the best passer on the Pacers lol

Trader Joe
02-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Paul said he was gonna have a big announcement in ten minutes about 35 minutes ago on twitter. Anyone know what it was?

Peck
02-17-2012, 02:46 AM
The only hope that George has at all would be to enlist Yao Ming to assist him in dunking. Even if Yoa just handed him the ball (not even throw it) this would give him a better chance than he has now.

Fan voting via social media is just beyond idiotic.

Robertmto
02-17-2012, 06:40 AM
The following is a write-up I just posted on Postgame Online (http://postgameonline.tumblr.com/post/17718170652/nba-will-letpgfly-in-orlando) for the contest. Take a look at some of these guys' "best dunks", evaluate their skills, and tell me what you think. Also included Team Flight Brothers' "19 Dunks You Haven't Seen in the NBA Dunk Contest" to add some perspective on how Paul could easily take this contest himself. Thanks for reading.

=========

It took some online viral campaigning and marketing, as well as some flashes of dunk genius from the King himself, but when the NBA announced the participants of the 2012 NBA Slam Dunk Contest today, Paul George (AKA 2Much4You) had officially been named, as well as Houston Rockets' Chase Budinger, Minnesota Timberwolves' rookie Derrick Williams, and New York Knicks' rookie Iman Shumpert (his dunk 'assistant', Jeremy Lin, was also named/hyped).

So let us start with examples of each competitor's skill set.

Chase Budinger was the runner-up (to Gerald Henderson) in the McDonald's All-American High School dunk contest in 2006. His dunks consisted of a one-handed tomahawk (lame), a windmill at full extension (game dunk these days), and a reverse rider underneath the basket (not bad).

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Df7nNs6ZPFw" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

As far as Derrick Williams goes, he has the skill and athleticism to participate, as well as some creativity. But I don't think he has anything in his repertoire that will shock the fans and judges. Below, Williams makes a sweet two-handed 360 on the fast break during his time at Arizona. During a pre-season open practice, he throws down a few nice windmills, including one off the side of the backboard, but nothing I wouldn't consider to be "in-game dunks". In the last video, Williams kills a few windmills and pump 360's that could be pretty-looking in the contest. The question is: does he have the creativity to go beyond what has already been seen, and provide excitement on his dunks?

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jL0hkAeIpGc" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R6ttiNX3j54" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9KfE-fOB-9I" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Iman Shumpert is going to be the favorite to win the dunk contest, specifically because the NBA botched the judging process by allowing online, text, and Twitter voting. So #Linsanity will take over the dunk contest simply because he is the Nash to Shumpert's 2006 Stoudemire. However, Shumpert has the best chance (besides Paul George) to win this contest based on talent alone. In these highlights from the Impact Basketball lockout league from this past offseason, Shumpert shows off his crazy jumping ability, and his skillful creativity when dunking. This guy has a shot.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bX1OMc3l3N0" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uf9wphGtMLU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

But when it comes down to it, the Postgame Online favorite to win the 2012 NBA Slam Dunk Contest is the Indiana Pacers' Paul "King" George, AKA 2Much4You. Of the other players in the contest, he's the only one who's performed more than a one- or two-handed dunk in an NBA game, having put down several alley-oops and, of course, his sick reverse against the New Jersey Nets. Besides that, look at some of the other creative dunks he's performed in front of a camera, and see what you think, compared to the evidence given for the other contestants.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ODJ2T4Wuy4" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TDviSeP3YZ4" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKYZSNlLEFc" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKYZSNlLEFc" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJjcaj5V5yM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

If you aren't excited for this dunk contest, whether your team has someone in the contest or not, then you better get your head out of your ***. If nothing else, Derrick Williams will be exciting, and Shumpert and George are going to light up the contest. I have a few ideas of my own, and wish I could give the suggestions to Paul George, but until then, I'll let my good friends over at Team Flight Brothers (http://www.youtube.com/teamflightbrothers) show you 19 dunks that have never been done in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest (besides Werm's "Lob Scoop Reverse", which DeMar DeRozan DESTROYED last year, calling it the "Showstopper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HPvkBGtHPc)").

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nakL2BZqPO8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

I would personally pick Special FX's behind-the-back 360, Young Hollywood's out-the-hand windmill elbow dunk, Air Bama's elbow alley-oop OVER someone, any dunk involving JusFly's cartwheel (windmill, between the legs, etc.), JusFly's under both legs (with or without the Dubble Up), and especially TDub's 540 reverse windmill, "Dubble Up" (out-the-hand between-the-legs OVER someone), or "Dubble Up X" (out-the-hand reverse pump over someone).

This year, the Slam Dunk Contest changes formats, switching to only one round (instead of two), allowing three dunks per contestant, and, for the first time, letting the fans completely decide the winner through online, text, and Twitter voting. Unfortunately, this means that Shumpert will probably have the advantage (unfairly) due to #Linsanity taking over the NBA (and the world), thus causing multi-texts and -tweets to come in voting just for Lin. However, if Paul George puled off ANY three of the dunks listed above, he'd earn 50's from a regularly-judging crowd.

Also, I'd like to see a Vince Carter-styled one-handed 360 elbow dunk, a reverse 360 between the legs (as he did in the workout video above), or something we truly have never seen before.

I'm excited to hear that the Indiana Pacers finally have a representative in the dunk contest, for the first time since (my then-favorite Pacer) Fred Jones won in 2004. To close this post, let's take a look at Freddie's perfect winning dunk from eight years ago, that pushed him to beat Jason Richardson: an off-the-bounce, full-extension 360 jam.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zc6ziQSscrM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

A ton of luck to Paul George as he and the Pacers move forward in the next few games before the All-Star break, and much luck to him during the "Rising Stars" game and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

u must watch some pretty awesome games, seeing as how ONE of those were "in game dunks" yet in ur mind they were all pretty lame except for THE HIGH FLYING, RIM GLIDING, LIMO RIDIN SON OF A GUN, Paul George

pacer4ever
02-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Paul said he was gonna have a big announcement in ten minutes about 35 minutes ago on twitter. Anyone know what it was?
He was on FSR tonight with Rob Dibble luckily that is a show I listen to sometimes and said he wants people to tweet him ideas for his 3rd dunk and they can even name the dunk. He will pick the best one. He also said he already has his 1st 2 dunks already planed and is working on them also said he was on youtube looking at dunks has he was on the phone:laugh:

Also said something along the lines of Pacers and Championship:eek:

Dibble ask him if he though the Pacers could win it all and he answered yes(which is to be expected I would be concerned if he said "na we are a 1 and done playoff team":laugh:

Javal Mcgee IMO should of got the invite it is a shame he didnt. I wish they had more dunkers 8 would be more interesting same with the 3pt contest which of course Brush gets snubbed from same with Mike Miller.

BPump33
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I still think he should have Tebow throw a football full length to him, catch, between the legs, dunk. Biggest problem is Tebow being accurate enough for the full court pass. :D

PG is a huge Tebow fan.

Tebow is very possibly in Florida that weekend.

I'm only half serious here guys.

Edit: Should have read the thread. Very close to what ndcoltspacers said.

LetsTalkPacers
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Only way to counteract this is for Paul to go out and get Tim Tebow to throw him a horribly inaccurate pass, Paul catches it, dunks it while jumping over Yao Ming. Then they all 3 Tebow under the basket. Paul George wins.
Best post Ive read this year!

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 01:12 PM
He was on FSR tonight with Rob Dibble luckily that is a show I listen to sometimes and said he wants people to tweet him ideas for his 3rd dunk and they can even name the dunk. He will pick the best one. He also said he already has his 1st 2 dunks already planed and is working on them also said he was on youtube looking at dunks has he was on the phone:laugh:

Dude, if Paul didn't see my article with all my dunk suggestions, I'll be quite disappointed. Seriously, any of the dunks I listed would be perfect, winning "last" dunks in the contest. I just hope he pulls one of those off. And holds up a sign that says "Thanks btyler!" afterward. Okay, that's unnecessary, but still.

Also said something along the lines of Pacers and Championship:eek:

Dibble ask him if he though the Pacers could win it all and he answered yes(which is to be expected I would be concerned if he said "na we are a 1 and done playoff team":laugh:

Yeh, but at least he doesn't show any doubt, even on TV.

Javal Mcgee IMO should of got the invite it is a shame he didnt. I wish they had more dunkers 8 would be more interesting same with the 3pt contest which of course Brush gets snubbed from same with Mike Miller.

In the new format, 8 dunkers would be way better. At least then you're seeing 24 dunks instead of 12. And the voting would be more spread out, instead of the NBA's Linspiracy getting all the votes (which is what I predict).

JaVale McGee, Josh Selby, DeMar DeRozan, Terrico White. Those four guys could have also been given a fair chance in the contest, and would have performed well. They'd be the second four I'd invite if there were eight dunkers in the contest. Unfortunately, we're stuck with the current format.

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I still think he should have Tebow throw a football full length to him, catch, between the legs, dunk. Biggest problem is Tebow being accurate enough for the full court pass. :D

PG is a huge Tebow fan.

Tebow is very possibly in Florida that weekend.

I'm only half serious here guys.

Edit: Should have read the thread. Very close to what ndcoltspacers said.

Wait, we're dunking footballs now? #NewContestFormatSucks

BPump33
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Wait, we're dunking footballs now? #NewContestFormatSucks

I didn't think Tebow had a chance in hell of throwing a basketball that far and being accurate.

Dgreenwell3
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Heard thru some Indiana State relations that Larry is going to assist him.

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Heard thru some Indiana State relations that Larry is going to assist him.

That would be sick. He said last night that he wanted to get Bird involved. But according to P4E, it sounded like his announcement was that he's going to Twitter for advice on his third dunk; he already has the first two planned. That's why I'm hoping he sees my open letter blog post so he can pick from one of the 12 incredible dunks I suggested.

Dgreenwell3
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
That would be sick. He said last night that he wanted to get Bird involved. But according to P4E, it sounded like his announcement was that he's going to Twitter for advice on his third dunk; he already has the first two planned. That's why I'm hoping he sees my open letter blog post so he can pick from one of the 12 incredible dunks I suggested.

"My agent called, and (Bird) said he'll do it if he has nothing come up," George said.
I googled it now, I can see this being a thing to push him over the top....

pacer4ever
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I didn't think Tebow had a chance in hell of throwing a basketball that far and being accurate.

LOL great idea I sent him a tweet I hope he calls Tebow and gets it done. Tebow will likely be at the game any way and we need him to help PG get votes.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM

BTW I listened to that interview on FSR that he did last night and PG specifically mentioned Team Flight Brothers as being an inspiration to him. So he has seen their stuff.

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 03:30 PM
BTW I listened to that interview on FSR that he did last night and PG specifically mentioned Team Flight Brothers as being an inspiration to him. So he has seen their stuff.

Thanks man! I guess he was watching videos while he was on the phone during the interview, but hopefully he uses some of their stuff. There are plenty of insanely incredible dunks he could use, and I would love to see him perform one of them. The higher the bar goes for insanity/complexity of dunks, the better (or much, much worse) this contest can get.

Sandman21
02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Having Larry throw him an alley-oop as he scales Mt. Hibbert........

Is that even possible?

J7F
02-17-2012, 03:40 PM

Is that even possible?

I hope so! I want to see it!

avoidingtheclowns
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zc6ziQSscrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Ian Black did not approve of that dunk.

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Is that even possible?

If he's wearing the short-shorts, it'll be easier. If he's going to scale Mt. Hibbert, though, I'd rather he be taking a basketball from the peak and putting it between his legs. Maybe he should just jump over both Bird and Hibbert.

I hope so! I want to see it!

:picard:

I'm sorry, but jumping over Hibbert will be difficult, he's 7'2", and unless he does something spectacular while doing so, the fans aren't going to think it's impressive enough to vote over Shumpert and the Linspiracy.

Seriously, there's going to be a new standard in the dunk contest because of this new format, and Paul has to adapt or he is going to lose, or worse, embarrass himself and the team.

BRushWithDeath
02-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Seriously, there's going to be a new standard in the dunk contest because of this new format, and Paul has to adapt or he is going to lose, or worse, embarrass himself and the team.

He could go out there and do three layups and it wouldn't embarrass the team.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
If Larry is going to get involved, he needs to get suited up. I don't care if he goes with the Celtics gear or some retro Pacers stuff, he just needs the short shorts. Then again maybe I don't want to see that, but it's the kind of thing that gets the social media world buzzing, it has shock factor.

The Sleeze
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
If Larry is going to get involved, he needs to get suited up. I don't care if he goes with the Celtics gear or some retro Pacers stuff, he just needs the short shorts. Then again maybe I don't want to see that, but it's the kind of thing that gets the social media world buzzing, it has shock factor.

Get it out of my head, get it out of my head!!

imbtyler
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Get it out of my head, get it out my head!!

:twss:

avoidingtheclowns
02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Paul could learn a few things from this dude...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rpg7q9u8VCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(via Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/5886130/1990-basement-basketball-highlight-reel-is-a-thing-of-brilliance))

imbtyler
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Looks like Shumpert might skip the Dunk Contest to "get healthy". Without the Linspiracy vote, Paul should have this competition in the bag!!