PDA

View Full Version : How do we handle New Jersey?

spazzxb
02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
First I really hope Danny is back, if not we have a problem. Last time we play New Jersey Darren Collison was worthless against Deron Williams. In fact both he and George Hill where taken advantage of in the post so badly that we were forced to Let Lance play point guard. AJ never got a chance that game so I won't prejudge him.

If Danny doesn't play tomorrow, we don't have the depth at wing to make that move. I don't see anything that is going to keep DC from getting Dominated in the post again tomorrow and I don't really think we should wait for it to happen before we adjust our lineup.

If Danny is good to go I would start Lance at PG, just for this game given what happened last time. This won't happen but I am just concerned because especially without GH we have a serious match-up issue coming at us tomorrow night and I am tired of losing.

What do you guys and gals think we should do? Anyone think Collision stands a chance at guarding DWill? Can AJ put up a fight against him? Is this not a serious concern?

CableKC
02-16-2012, 03:04 AM
We'll do what we always do....put Inferno and Lance on him...then have DC/AJ defend whatever SG that they put on the floor.

Is Morrow playing?

Cuz if he is...we're screwed...big time.

Peck
02-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Sadly my source says that Danny is out for the week. But he could be wrong, I hope he is.

spazzxb
02-16-2012, 03:07 AM
We'll do what we always do....put Inferno and Lance on him...then have DC/AJ defend whatever SG that they put on the floor.

Is Morrow playing?

Cuz if he is...we're screwed...big time.

That was the problem last time. You put PG on Dwill and Marrow will post DC at Will. We can't hide our PG against that. Also, I am sure they remember and will go straight at the weakness.

spazzxb
02-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Sadly my source says that Danny is out for the week. But he could be wrong, I hope he is.

:-( that sucks. If Lance plays point then we have 0 backup wings. Well Sookie here's your boy AJ's chance to show he can play good defense because we need him.

Maybe we can just get hot and outscore them,we really need a win, however I am not confident about this game.

CableKC
02-16-2012, 03:22 AM
That was the problem last time. You put PG on Dwill and Marrow will post DC at Will. We can't hide our PG against that. Also, I am sure they remember and will go straight at the weakness.
It gets even worse.....Marshon Brooks is playing....along with Morrow.

I hope Bird is in the house tomorrow to watch....we're screwed.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Honestly I think AJ has a better chance at guarding Williams than Darren. We're gonna need a big game from him IMO.

Hopefully Lance gets a shot if Williams starts going off. He guarded him better than anyone last game.

spazzxb
02-16-2012, 03:39 AM
Honestly I think AJ has a better chance at guarding Williams than Darren. We're gonna need a big game from him IMO.

Hopefully Lance gets a shot if Williams starts going off. He guarded him better than anyone last game.

The problem is unless DJ and PG play 48 minutes each lance needs to play the 2. We could give lance GH style minutes. It's a challenge for sure

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Asher99
02-16-2012, 03:51 AM
I hope they got their good shooting night out of their system tonight because they should have beat Memphis if not for the unlikely duo of Speights and Tony Allen going off for 41 combined points.

Foul on Smits
02-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Put the ball in the basket

D-BONE
02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
If he can stay out of foul trouble, I would have PG on DWill for a significant chunk of the game. DJ an LS with some spot duty.

D-BONE
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Small consolation, but we can hope they are without Farmar who missed yesterday with a sore groin. He's been a major contributor of their bench. Imagine this team with a healthy Brooke Lopez. Maybe they don't look like such a bad destination for an elite free agent.

Groove1
02-16-2012, 10:11 AM
My approach, score more points than them, and try to keep them from scoring a lot....lol....defense anyone? Tired legs to boot. No Granger. Should be a tough one tonight, but thats why they play the game.

imbtyler
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm just going to pray that Paul George has another night like his previous against New Jersey. Get us back into action. If you think Cleveland was a hassle, New Jersey won't be any easier. We need to FIGHT BACK.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Sigh...no Danny Granger? Although people were very hard on him for his shooting percentage early in the season, at least he was scoring and playing defense at a relative high level. I might be in the minority, but I like D. Jones, but he's NO starter. D. Jones is most effective when he's used in short spurts and is not relied on to solely score for the second unit expect for transitional buckets and points when the plays break down.

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd throw Jeremy Lin at them. And a lot of prayer.

Dr. Hibbert
02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
If Danny doesn't play again, who will not give 100% on defense in his stead?!

Major Cold
02-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I think we need to start the game with Paul on Deron. I think it will bring an intensity that will fall to the others. And if DC can't guard Morrow, then throw AJ at him.

CableKC
02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd throw Jeremy Lin at them. And a lot of prayer.
We can't just be Livin' on a Prayer....

We've go to hold on, ready or not. You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.