Psyren
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
T?

adamscb
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
F?

TheDavisBrothers
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Cmon thats an insult... To the Generals!

HC
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
wow......thats all I got

Doddage
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Is this real life?

PacersHomer
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Car crashes are fun to watch.

Steve Nash, please. Maybe Chris Kaman? JR Smith when he is free from China perhaps?

RLeWorm
02-15-2012, 10:55 PM
go Lin. Can't wait to see him light up our pgs. rooting for you

MiaDragon
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Did not watch the game, anyone give me a quick breakdown on what went wrong?

Shade
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
http://kcbphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mr-yuk.gif

Shade
02-15-2012, 10:58 PM

Everything.

MiaDragon
Is there anywhere to watch the post game presser? Id love to see what Frank has to say for himself.

MiaDragon
Everything.

damn.

D-BONE
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM
What went wrong?

Our bigs couldn't get up and down in transition. They were to slow defending P n R. Our perimeter guys could not stop penetration. Gave up too many second shot attempts 1st half. In other words, no D, which is primarily predicated on effort.

Asher99
We can officially say A.J. Price is the best garbage time player in the NBA!

Ownagedood
When does the Pacer game start?

immortality
02-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope Vogel, the assistant coaches, and Hibbert realize that after 29 games, letting him go beyond the 3 point line for defending the pick and roll is unnecessary. He can stop before the line, because he is too slow to defend when his man comes running back straight to the rim. It's so apparent in these games they really need to do something about it.

Ownagedood
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Erden out scored and outplayed our only All-Star. That hurts.

rock747
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
How frustrating is this?! What a turnaround.

Slick Pinkham
02-15-2012, 11:03 PM

We won the opening tip, that was the highlight, then everything went wrong.

It was up for grabs at 0-0 and 2-2.

doctor-h
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I hope Vogel, the assistant coaches, and Hibbert realize that after 29 games, letting him go beyond the 3 point line for defending the pick and roll is unnecessary. He can stop before the line, because he is too slow to defend when his man comes running back straight to the rim. It's so apparent in these games they really need to do something about it.

You would think one of our four great coaches would notice that too. Every team we have played lately has ran Hibbert out top on the high pick and roll, he does not have a clue how to play and our coaches apparently don't have a clue how to fix it.

LG33
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Roy Hibbert is a moving pick on defense.

presto123
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
As fast as Jeremy Lin has come out of nowhere the Pacers have disappeared to nowhere. I think the whole team needs a psychologist.

CJ Jones
Croshere and Denari had a great game . That's about all I got.

DGPR
Larry is going to have to get on the phone and do some dealing now, 5 in a row by these margins is pitiful, and there needs to be a change.

MiaDragon
02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
It seems like the league adjusted to what we were doing for the first 25ish games and we cant do the same to what they are doing to stop us.

graphic-er
02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Man we are turning into a special kind of slop. This team is embarrassing to watch right now.

Watching them trying to recover on defensive rotations is just painful. The ball gets swung to the open man and every one of our chumps runs out there and stops way short right when the shooter is about to take a 3. Its like they are worried about the guy driving right around us every time. I just wish once they would close all the way out and force the guy to do something with the ball. But when you stop short, it gives them that spit second they need to set up the shot.

Ratking
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Hibbert put up Allstar Reserve Center convincing stats for people just looking at the boxscore...but we know better...

Come on Buddy Roy, last night's presser, you called this a "must win". Where was that effort? I think he took better shots tonight than the past few games, but defensively, he is hurting us bad.

Lets bomb the season and get Anthony Davis! (half-kidding)

Ownagedood
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I was hoping Brooke would get better as time goes on.. but she just doesn't seem to get "it"... when is her contract up? And can we trade her for say, morrow?

Maybe Solomon Jones is a more likely candidate.

PaceBalls
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Panic on the streets of Naptown. Could life ever be sane again?

doctor-h
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
What has happened to Hansbrough, he looks like he is having a seizure out there or something. I for one am getting tired of him crying after every call against him. Our bigs are not athletic enough and way too slow. You can't run with the first unit because they can't run and Collison can't make the right decision. The second unit should run because they can't play in the half court. Team is looking like they have no energy, no pride, no effort, no fight, no court sense and no wins this month to show for it.

imawhat
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Roy Hibbert was terrible in defensive pick and roll. He keeps hedging well past the three point line, making it impossible for him to recover. The Cavs ran the same pick and roll about 25 times.

We need to adjust ASAP. It's been a growing problem over the past three games and now every team with good scouts is exploiting it.

I just can't believe we're not adjusting during the game. I would think after the 2nd dunk is time to switch. Oh, we adjusted by pulling in our wings, and then they started raining threes on us. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

How about anticipating the pick and roll and sliding over early?

Asher99
02-15-2012, 11:19 PM
From the five game losing streak.

33-for-62 53.2% for David West
5-for-10 50.0% for Lou Amundson
2-for-4 50.0% for Jeff Foster
22-for-45 48.9% for Darren Collison
14-for-29 48.3% for A.J. Price
12-for-27 44.4% for Tyler Hansbrough
23-for-54 42.6% for Danny Granger
23-for-55 41.8% for Roy Hibbert
10-for-27 37.0% for Lance Stephenson
9-for-26 34.6% for Dahntay Jones
17-for-56 30.4% for Paul George

graphic-er
02-15-2012, 11:20 PM
So who are the Pacers going to draft this year? Pass first point who will defend? Or a back up Center?

presto123
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Paul George has done a complete turn around since his monster game in Dallas. It baffles the mind.

HC
02-15-2012, 11:23 PM
So who are the Pacers going to draft this year? Pass first point who will defend? Or a back up Center?

Trade for one, and draft the other.

immortality
02-15-2012, 11:27 PM
well at least 76ers lost and looks like hawks are going to lose.

Asher99
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
What has happened to Hansbrough

Frustration from extended periods of being left our of the offense unless he gets a offensive board. With no Hill he's finished 9th on attempts 4 times in the last 8 games and this was the 4th game in a row he's had just one attempt in one of the games half's.

graphic-er
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Frustration from extended periods of being left our of the offense unless he gets a offensive board. With no Hill he's finished 9th on attempts 4 times in the last 8 games and this was the 4th game in a row he's had just one attempt in one of the games half's.

AJ Price Happens. I've never seen a 3rd string point guard who takes as many shots as him.

stew
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
The last 3 loss are totally unacceptable...
losing to an undermaned Denver and getting blown out by Miami and Cleveland.. Yikes!!!

look at the bright side:
1. The pacers are going to get a better draft pick on this supposedly loaded draft
2. We got a better feel for Hibbert's real value
3. We can get a new coach. Someone who can make adjustments....

LG33
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Lou is playing his best defense of the season and A.J. Price is actually making shots. All for naught.

imawhat
02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
This just in.....George Hill's return date from the injury has changed from "before the All-Star Game" to "not ****ing soon enough".

Asher99
02-15-2012, 11:55 PM
We're now 3-7 without Hill this year.

Shade
02-15-2012, 11:59 PM
From the five game losing streak.

33-for-62 53.2% for David West
5-for-10 50.0% for Lou Amundson
2-for-4 50.0% for Jeff Foster
22-for-45 48.9% for Darren Collison
14-for-29 48.3% for A.J. Price
12-for-27 44.4% for Tyler Hansbrough
23-for-54 42.6% for Danny Granger
23-for-55 41.8% for Roy Hibbert
10-for-27 37.0% for Lance Stephenson
9-for-26 34.6% for Dahntay Jones
17-for-56 30.4% for Paul George

Granger is rising just by not playing.

Mr_Smith
02-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Had to DVR the game tonight....clip has been deleted.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 12:07 AM
AJ Price Happens. I've never seen a 3rd string point guard who takes as many shots as him.

Price shoots less than Hill does. And gets the ball to Tyler almost every time down the court.

He's taking less shots because defenses are completely focusing on him, and he's passing more.

Actually, he's taking around the same amount of shots as he has been for a while. (His 3 attempts for tonight is misleading, he shot 8 free throws)

Justin Tyme
02-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Pacers had "8" asts for the game against Cleveland while Cleveland had 24 asts!!!! AGAINST CLEVELAND!

Asher99
02-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Price shoots less than Hill does.

PER36 Attempts
12.1 Price
10.6 Hill

The Sleeze
02-16-2012, 12:30 AM
http://d.images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/14679139.jpg

Sookie
02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
PER36 Attempts
12.1 Price
10.6 Hill

Hill plays more minutes, so putting the PER36 up there doesn't mean a thing in terms of why Tyler isn't getting more shots. (Or why you think he isn't..)

Asher99
02-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Hill does play more but Price shoots the ball more than Hill and Tyler at a per 36 rate.

flox
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Its like that legendary 5 game win streak, it's just gonna be an aberration. I can't think that this team will be like this.

Eleazar
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
PER36 Attempts
12.1 Price
10.6 Hill

Ooooo 1.5 more shots per 36 minutes, he takes soooo many more shots. Not to meantion according to your stats Price has been one of the best shooters on the team recently. Anyways the facts are Hansbrough is shooting less because of Hansbrough and/or coaches, not because heisn't getting the ball.

rock747
02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Its like that legendary 5 game win streak, it's just gonna be an aberration. I can't think that this team will be like this.

That's an interesting point. That 5 game win streak made us think the Pacers were better than they were. Maybe this one is making us believe we are worse than we are.

Hicks
02-16-2012, 12:54 AM
This game started as badly as the Miami game overall was, but it didn't end as badly as that. I think we'll eventually bounce back from all of this and this stretch will just be a bad memory eventually. Many thought it was all over during our 6-game losing streak with Vogel last year, too.

Asher99
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Ooooo 1.5 more shots per 36 minutes, he takes soooo many more shots. Not to meantion according to your stats Price has been one of the best shooters on the team recently. Anyways the facts are Hansbrough is shooting less because of Hansbrough and/or coaches, not because heisn't getting the ball.

1.5 more shots per 36 is too many, also Price is a hooper in garbage time just like most NBA players but when its not his percentage is bad, he's over 80% from the field after the dogs have been called these last 2 games.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM

It's not worth it.

You'd think a Tyler fan would like AJ though...

Asher99
02-16-2012, 01:16 AM
It's not worth it.

You'd think a Tyler fan would like AJ though...

I don't dislike AJ or anyone of the team but the fact remains he shoots too often, I Honestly don't know how anyone can dispute that. If AJ is shooting at a higher rate than anyone on the bench and a couple of the starters we have an issue.

beast23
02-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Pacers had "8" asts for the game against Cleveland while Cleveland had 24 asts!!!! AGAINST CLEVELAND!
It's pretty difficult to register an assist when quite often the offense has one if its players dribbling the ball outside the 3-point line with 4-5 seconds on the shot clock.

I don't know how many times this happened, but I have a hunch is was probably greater than 10 times. I really shouldn't have referred to what was going on as an offense, I usually think that in order to call it an "offense" that it must have a plan and serve a purpose.

But then, I suppose we really cannot use the term "defense" then either, can we?

I suppose it logically follows that, since basketball involves playing something called offense and something called defense, that we must have been playing some other sport.... since we obviously could not claim to have played either offense nor defense.

But, I won't panic yet.... we ARE a better team than what we have been showing the last 2-3 games.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
I don't dislike AJ or anyone of the team but the fact remains he shoots too often, I Honestly don't know how anyone can dispute that. If AJ is shooting at a higher rate than anyone on the bench and a couple of the starters we have an issue.

I don't think he shoots too much simply because I don't typically have a problem with the shots he takes, and I also understand in the "Lance, AJ, Dahntay, Tyler, and Lou" bench unit, there is a severe lack of scorers.

I don't think you can get mad at AJ for trying to do what's best in the situation...get some points on the board. It's like I said earlier about DC, at the end of the day, whoever has the most points wins.

Tyler's struggling to get shots right now, and Price is getting wide open ones. He better take them. At some point, team's will adjust, and come out and defend AJ, and Tyler will have an easier time getting shots. But as it is right now, AJ's agenda, coming down the floor (so long as Granger isn't in there with him) is almost always "Get the ball to Tyler and see if we can get a good shot out of it." It's just simply working less and less because the opposing defense is entirely focused on Tyler. (There are actually times when all five defenders have sunk in on Tyler when he's got the ball.)

I agree with you, in that Tyler should be the #1 option, but opposing teams are forcing the rest of the bench to score. AJ's got a better chance of hitting a jump shot than Lance or Lou..and despite percentages, probably Dahntay as well.

beast23
02-16-2012, 01:24 AM

I generally like PGs that point and SGs that shoot, but you yourself pointed out that AJ has actually shot the ball very well over the last 5 games.

I don't consider AJ taking a few extra shots as an issue in our 5 losses. What I do take issue to is that we haven't done a very good job at all with moving the ball inside the paint.

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry Sookie and I know that you love the guy not matter what, but a guy who shoots .300% shouldn't be shooting that much.

Infinite MAN_force
02-16-2012, 01:30 AM
We're now 3-7 without Hill this year.

I'm glad someone decided to post something interesting in this thread. I'm not particularly interested in the "what", you know, I watched the ****ing game. The "why" however? That I'm interested in. Apparently Hill is important.

I hope the "Lets move Danny Granger to make better room for Paul George" crowd took notes of this game as well. Not that Paul George's potential isn't still extremely high, but he is SOOOOOO far away right now, and people need to realize that.

Infinite MAN_force
02-16-2012, 01:35 AM
This game started as badly as the Miami game overall was, but it didn't end as badly as that. I think we'll eventually bounce back from all of this and this stretch will just be a bad memory eventually. Many thought it was all over during our 6-game losing streak with Vogel last year, too.

You are expecting people to be reasonable. First mistake.

Asher99
02-16-2012, 01:41 AM
I generally like PGs that point and SGs that shoot, but you yourself pointed out that AJ has actually shot the ball very well over the last 5 games.

He's shot better mainly due to garbage He had 2 points last night and 3 points tonight before scoring 18 points combined in final minuets of the last two blowouts.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry Sookie and I know that you love the guy not matter what, but a guy who shoots .300% shouldn't be shooting that much.

He's shot 48% the past 5 games...He's really not the problem. (Actually, this game, I thought he should have looked for his shot a lot more than he did.) You realize, that he's averaging about 12 minutes per game..meaning he's shooting a whopping 4 times per game...(That's about 1 time every 8 possessions..and he's probably the second best scoring threat on the bench right now..in fact, percentage wise, the last five games, he's the best.)

But I know how this works, and it's silly to argue because we're going to disagree. He came in for Hill and didn't play well for a couple of games, but has since. And he's like, one of the only guys who has. He's taking open shots, that's what he should be doing. Everyone wants him to be pass first, but he simply can't be with that bench unit. (Similarly, the team plays better when DC is attacking.)

People like to blame point guards for everything. But there are five players on the court, if 3 of the 5 can't score, the point guard has to.

beast23
02-16-2012, 01:52 AM
He's shot better mainly due to garbage He had 2 points last night and 3 points tonight before scoring 18 points combined in final minuets of the last two blowouts.
I could care less how many points he is scoring.

A decent measure of who should be shooting the ball is the percentage of FMGs out of his FGAs. And whether Price is putting it in the whole in the first quarter, the second quarter or even the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, he appears to be doing it on a regular basis, especially for a backcourt player.

Asher99
02-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I could care less how many points he is scoring.

A decent measure of who should be shooting the ball is the percentage of FMGs out of his FGAs. And whether Price is putting it in the whole in the first quarter, the second quarter or even the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, he appears to be doing it on a regular basis, especially for a backcourt player.

He's made 5-of-6 shots in garbage time the last two nights, If you don't factor in those kind of stats then Lou, AJ and Lance are future studs because they ball out in those situations.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 02:04 AM
He's made 5-of-6 shots in garbage time the last two nights, If you don't factor in those kind of stats then Lou, AJ and Lance are future studs because they ball out in those situations.

To be fair, the entire time AJ was on the court the past two games could arguably be considered "garbage time."

A wide open shot is a wide open shot, regardless. He wasn't making them before, he is now. AJ has never had a problem with "pressure shots."

Asher99
02-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Not hard to shoot when it doesn't matter if you make it or miss it. I've seen Tyler look like a sharpshooter out there when everyone is halfway trying. Isaiah Thomas' night tonight was a perfect example of this bricked everything until the end of the game and goes 5-for-5 for 9 points and a 1-for-8 becomes a 6-for-13. Hamilton and Faried done the same thing for Denver tonight scoring 22 in the 4th of a blowout.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 02:20 AM
I hope the "Lets move Danny Granger to make better room for Paul George" crowd took notes of this game as well. Not that Paul George's potential isn't still extremely high, but he is SOOOOOO far away right now, and people need to realize that.

It's not that simple.

People that know what there talking about think Paul George's natural position is SF. This game just proves it if anything. It has nothing to do with Danny Granger he just happens to be playing Paul's position.

but don't let that stop you from generalizing and then calling others unreasonable...:highhorse:

Peck
02-16-2012, 02:22 AM
It's not that simple.

People that know what there talking about think Paul George's natural position is SF. This game just proves it if anything. It has nothing to do with Danny Granger he just happens to be playing Paul's position.

but don't let that stop you from generalizing and then calling others unreasonable...:highhorse:

But isn't the same true in the opposite opinion as well? People who know what they are talking about think Paul George's perfect position is shooting guard. This game didn't prove anything other than we really are bad right now.

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 02:28 AM
But isn't the same true in the opposite opinion as well? People who know what they are talking about think Paul George's perfect position is shooting guard. This game didn't prove anything other than we really are bad right now.

I think PG would have to move to SF sometime in the future, I expect him to get a big bigger, I also think that one of the issues on this team is that we have two guys in him and Danny that can't dribble or create their own shot.

Peck
02-16-2012, 02:38 AM
I think PG would have to move to SF sometime in the future, I expect him to get a big bigger, I also think that one of the issues on this team is that we have two guys in him and Danny that can't dribble or create their own shot.

Why do you think he will get bigger?

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Why do you think he will get bigger?

I expect him to get more muscle he looks like Tmac in his rookie season and as Tmac and many other players I expect him to get bigger and stronger.

Peck
02-16-2012, 02:48 AM
I expect him to get more muscle he looks like Tmac in his rookie season and as Tmac and many other players I expect him to get bigger and stronger.

He also resembles Reggie and his frame never grew.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 02:58 AM

Who outside of PD and Paul himself thinks he should be a SG? Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anyone.

Reggie was 185 full grown. Paul's 221 at the age of 21, and should get heavier.

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 03:00 AM

I think is going to depend in whatever the coaches want with him, remember that he is close to 6'10", him adding some weight could move him to SF and probably PF ala Josh Smith, again whatever the coaches want I think.

Peck
02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Who outside of PD and Paul himself thinks he should be a SG? Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anyone.

You mean besides the coaching staff?

Reggie was 185 full grown. Paul's 221 at the age of 21, and should get heavier.

Reggie may have been listed as 185 but I assure you he was not. Dale Davis for his entire career was listed as 232 as well, which was maybe true during his rookie training camp.

Peck
02-16-2012, 03:03 AM
I think is going to depend in whatever the coaches want with him, remember that he is close to 6'10", him adding some weight could move him to SF and probably PF ala Josh Smith, again whatever the coaches want I think.

I think the hype about his height this summer was just that. I've seen him standing next to Danny several times and if he is any taller at all it's not even a 1/4 inch. In fact I still think he is slightly shorter than Danny.

Also why does him gaining any weight have anything to do with him playing shooting guard or not? You don't think that Dwayne Wade outweighs him right now?

You do realize that Magic Johnson played point guard weighing significantly more?

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Reggie may have been listed as 185 but I assure you he was not. Dale Davis for his entire career was listed as 232 as well, which was maybe true during his rookie training camp.

You're probably right, but I can't see Reggie ever being over 200. Paul should be at least 230-240 by the time he's 25. He gained over 10 pounds from last year to this year, so I don't see why he wouldn't continue adding weight.

edit: where's the quote that they think he's more of a SG than a SF? Having him start at the 2 proves nothing. They're just putting the best 5 players on the court.

Kemo
02-16-2012, 03:07 AM
I am not sure what ails the team right now...
But I have my own theories..

I believe that the way this team is set up, is like a finely tuned machine...
When 1 or 2 of the important "cogs" to the team is out , that the whole machine starts to break down... offensively, and more important, DEFENSIVELY...
I mean come on, we were top 6 in the whole NBA on defense .. up untill the last 6 or 7 games... and moreso, ever since Hill got injured....

The other thing, since our "machine" has broken down,on the offensive end, everyone is playing scared , seemingly not trusting in each other, resorting to playing more "me ball" instead of making the extra pass , running the play to get a good shot..

As a result to all the above, AND this string of losses, I think what has happened is the proverbial "rookie wall" of sorts... But instead of it happening to a rookie PLAYER, it is happening to a rookie coach and a young team... Add in the psychological aspect, and I believe that is what we are seeing happen..

I truly believe we will get through this , and by the first week of March we will be able to put this string of losses behind us and get back to playing like we should be...

vnzla81
02-16-2012, 03:12 AM
I think the hype about his height this summer was just that. I've seen him standing next to Danny several times and if he is any taller at all it's not even a 1/4 inch. In fact I still think he is slightly shorter than Danny.

Also why does him gaining any weight have anything to do with him playing shooting guard or not? You don't think that Dwayne Wade outweighs him right now?

You do realize that Magic Johnson played point guard weighing significantly more?

I was actually paying attention to his height yesterday and he looked justa bit bigger than Danny.

Regarding him getting bigger and been able to play the two, I think he could be fine at the two if we had a shot creator at the 3, the problem that we have right now is that neither Danny or Paul can create their own shot or create for others.

I could tell you that if we get a point guard that could create for others maybe neither Danny or PG would be need it to create their own shot so it wouldn't be such a problem.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 03:19 AM

I don't think weight has anything to do with it. We're just pointing that out to people who think he's too weak to play SF.

The reason people think he should play SF is style of play. Especially offensively and I've stated plenty of reasons I think he'd be more useful defensively playing closer to the basket.

It's not all that crazy if you think about it.

Peck
02-16-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't think weight has anything to do with it. We're just pointing that out to people who think he's too weak to play SF.

The reason people think he should play SF is style of play. Especially offensively and I've stated plenty of reasons I think he'd be more useful defensively playing closer to the basket.

It's not all that crazy if you think about it.

What about his style of play indicates he is a small forward instead of a shooting guard.

Also can you really define the difference between a small forward and shooting guard?

Also why is he better closer to the rim when he has shown to be a very good perimeter defender against point guards let alone shooting guards?

imawhat
02-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Also can you really define the difference between a small forward and shooting guard?

Can anyone? I can't.

Asher99
02-16-2012, 05:09 AM
If Hansbrough has strep throat why did he play and isn't it contagious? Seems silly to use one play at the risk of getting others sick, but at least it helps explain how he managed to missed 4 of 8 FT which should never happen.

My mind is still blown we gave Semih Erden a new career high in Points on just 8 shots and his 3rd most rebounds, if Roy was going to break out of his funk this was the game but no such luck. Pendergraph is a +18 the last two games all in garbage times and has just a TO and a foul on the stat sheet. We somehow managed just 4 assists from our starting 5.

The overall 9 assists were our second fewest of the year and we're now 2-7 if we get fewer than 15 and 0-5 when 12 or less. But with the lack of passing today we did have our season low in TO but oddly we have now lost our last 3 games committing 6 or less TO.

Taterhead
02-16-2012, 05:38 AM
What about his style of play indicates he is a small forward instead of a shooting guard.

Also why is he better closer to the rim when he has shown to be a very good perimeter defender against point guards let alone shooting guards?

You can't define a position, since that position varies from system to system. However, in every system, the SF and SG have different responsibilities, so obviously it does matter what position someone plays, and whether or not they compliment the other wing in the line-up.

Obviously PG could play either spot if the fit is right. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a better SF. I think his quickness at SF would be a much greater advantage than his size at SG (which he rarely utilizes).

McKeyFan
02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
By aberration, I hope you don't mean illogical.

It was logical. Troy Murphy was not playing.

Sparhawk
02-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Pacers just need to learn to finish around the basket. I keep seeing us miss layup after layup, contested or not, these are professionals who need to finish or try to draw the foul. Hibbert misses so many close shots it's pathetic.

I think we'll start hitting those close shots.

It's our D that's totally done a 180. I guess our guys thought the season was just 1 month. It's funny, cause we totally suck at PnR, but every team looks like a PnR genius against us. Pacers need to get better at initiating the PnR and defending it.

Brian
02-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I've been working during this slide, but looking at the stats there is no way you can win shooting under 30% for a half. It's like we are trying to play like the spurs of 6-7 years ago without the d. And that is not good, at all.

But we still have some time to turn things around, I'm upset, but not ready to give up on our guys.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 04:19 PM
lack of ball handling, lack of play making, inability to use his height as an advantage on offense, inability to drive around smaller quicker players, thinking he's kobe and shooting too many jumpers...

There's some offensive reasons. I'd say the first 2 are the most important. Having a sg that can handle and create would help our offense. We rely too much on our pgs right now.

[QUOTE]Also can you really define the difference between a small forward and shooting guard?

Depends on the roster, but typically your sg is quicker and a better ball handler than your sf. He's used to help initiate offense (run the PnR) with the pg. He's usually a good shooter. Normally he's not a good rebounder or shot blocker.

Your sf typically is a good defender, good rebounder, and he's able to knock down spot up jump shots. If he can block shots that's a plus. Normally he's an average ball handler.

This is obviously just basic stuff here, and it all depends on your roster. They can be interchangeable if you got a ball handler/playmaker at sf, but there aren't many of those.

Here's some defensive reasons...

rebounding, shot blocking, help defense, he'd be able to freelance for steals more because of less responsibility. Basically he could be our Lebron on defense.

All those things listed he is or will be better than Danny at.

Just because a player can guard sgs and pgs doesn't necessarily mean he should be a certain position. LeBron can guard 4 or 5 positions, but they don't put him at the sg. That's the type of impact I believe Paul will have eventually. I think he has 1st team defense type potential, and he'd better off closer to the rim as long as we had someone that can handle other teams sgs.

Now can someone please come up with a list of reasons why they think he's better suited for sg long term? (IMF maybe... since you think this opinion's stupid :devil:)

flox
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
By aberration, I hope you don't mean illogical.

It was logical. Troy Murphy was not playing.

Murphy's playing over McRoberts on the Lakers too. They're doing fine.

I mean I didn't want to bring this up. I personally was not going to mention this. But then you went there. Murphy has now been over McRoberts on 2 teams.

Sookie
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM

I mean I didn't want to bring this up. I personally was not going to mention this. But then you went there. Murphy has now been over McRoberts on 2 teams.

I think Brown's making a mistake too. But Josh has been pretty unhealthy this season, and the bench probably needs the points.

That said, Troy is fine as a 15 minute player, he's not so great as a 35 minute player.

CJ Jones
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Josh must really hate Murph...j/k. It does suck for Josh though.

flox
02-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah Murphy wasn't meant to play that many minutes. I'm a fan of him around 25-20, but Then I didn't want him to play less than mcroberts.

I think the three is typically slower than the two, in the sense that the two has to switch off on defending the one sometimes, but the three switches off on the two and the four, so he sacrifices some of the speed for bulk and length. The extra speed on the two helps on the one, and the two doesn't need to be as tall. For instance, hill can get away as a two, but not a three. George can be a two, but if he loses speed he'd be better off as a three.

Asher99
02-17-2012, 08:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UZoVTN36fo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyler's reaction here is the same one I had over 4 quarters of the game and the 15 minutes I spent looking at the boxscore wondering how it happened to us.