PDA

View Full Version : laptop rant

indygeezer
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I've had an online message in to Lenova tech for over an hour and am still waiting on the tech to "get to me shortly".

Geezerette purchased a Lenova on-line last July and now the upper righthand corner of the screen has an area that looks like an ink-blot (de-pixelation?)

The sad thing is she told me she has never spilled anything on it, dropped it, or stepped on it..."well not foor very long haha".

Metinks I'm up **** creek for a warranty if she did accicentally step on it getting out of bed one morning.

But an hour waiting???

indygeezer
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
and now my cellphone battery has gone dead waiting for a tech to answer while I am on hold.

****-em

indygeezer
02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I still have had no contact with Lenovo.

Bball
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
and now my cellphone battery has gone dead waiting for a tech to answer while I am on hold.

****-em

I feel your pain... Yet I still had to laugh at your pain. Customer service sucks in this world of disposable items.

Frostwolf
02-16-2012, 06:52 AM
sorry to hear about your ****** experience, geezer. but the us wouldn't be the us without laughable customer service.

emailing them might be quicker.

indygeezer
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I ended up calling the Best Buy Geek Squad and got my answer.

$85 to send it in to Lenovo for repairs and they apply the $85 to repair bill if I have lenovo do the work. They said that what I describe is a cracked screen and it will only get worst but it will cost the same if I do it now or later. Geezerette said she wants to use it as long as possible. She hates the thought of having to use my HP while hers is repaired.

Sandman21
02-18-2012, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't trust the Geek Squad. Especially since the thing is still under warranty. Even that, a screen replacement is really INCREDIBLY easy to do. Order the replacement screen and find the disassembly instructions for that model laptop.

It takes maybe an hour tops if you do research on the disassembly process ahead of time.

indygeezer
02-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't trust the geek squad either except they told me I could send it in myself.

Anthem
02-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm with Sandman. Download the disassembly guide and see what it would take to replace it yourself.

Gamble1
02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't trust the geek squad either except they told me I could send it in myself.
Geezer I have 2 friends that do computer repair.. Sometimes I wish you would call family and ask for help..;)

indygeezer
02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Geezer I have 2 friends that do computer repair.. Sometimes I wish you would call family and ask for help..;)

Hey family, I need help. (we haven't done anything yet)

indygeezer
02-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Hmmm I guess family don't read this thread no-more.