PDA

View Full Version : David Aldridge sheds some light on the Artest situation

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Now this I can believe, finally someone in the media that makes some sense.

Kenny, Charles and Aldrige did a great job disucssing this,

Aldridge reported that Artest went to Carlisle earlier this week and said he wanted to retire, and that Artest and J.O got into a physical confrontation this week and that J.O is done with Artest.

Now that is believable

Finally

Shade
11-11-2004, 09:09 PM
So, with this come to light, have your feelings on trading Ron changed, UB?

I'm not sure what to think right now.

SoupIsGood
11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Trade him for a decent center who buys into the team concept. Mutumbo would be nice, I don't think we need a full-time starter, and we aren't going to land one with Artest.

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Trade him for a decent center who buys into the team concept. Mutumbo would be nice, I don't think we need a full-time starter, and we aren't going to land one with Artest.

Do you honestly think that we didn't try this summer ?

If we couldn't get Tmac or a Peja type player then what makes you think now that the S*it has his the fan we could even bribe a team to taking him :confused:

Cactus Jax
11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
I could see possible targets being Dallas (Finley, Stack, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard could all be possibilities)

Memphis (Posey, or Battier + extras)

Denver (Nene, or maybe in a blue moon Anthony)

Sacramento (Peja)

Possibly Seattle if they feel they're going to lose Ray Allen.

Cactus Jax
11-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Another possibility which gives the Pacers nothing right now could be Jason Kidd. New Jersey/Brooklyn could use one of its own guys to try and help sell tickets for the team and give themselves more wins.

Kidd Could either then be kept or re-shipped to a Minnesota, or Denver, or Dallas.

Doug
11-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Peja wants out. Everybody knows it. So the Kings are dealing with some bagage too.

Both are top 15 talents and the salaries work.

We're in the east, they are in the west.

It just makes too much sense.

I wasn't too enthusiastic about it over the summer, but now...

Doug
11-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Why would Peja for Artest be more likely now than it was this summer? I would think quite the opposite.

That's not what I meant. I meant I didn't want to trade Artest for Peja over the summer. Now I would.

But, apparently Peja is causing problems for the Kings. I won't use the "cancer" word, yet. So his value has gone down too.

But yes, I agree. I think it's less likely now too. Artest has more baggage.

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 11:06 PM
So, with this come to light, have your feelings on trading Ron changed, UB?

I'm not sure what to think right now.

I was thinking about this earlier tonight.

"What would Artest have to do to convince me that he has to go". I have been asking myself that question tonight.

Most of the arguments presented on the other side are reasonable and I agree with most of them. But I still think Artest is too good a player to trade. He is 24 years old and I think J.O and Artest could and should be the best twosome in the whole NBA. They could easily win a few championships together, that is how good I think they both are. And they should be a great complement to eachother.

To answer my own question, the only way I would change my opinion and recommend that Pacers trade Artest is if his teammates can't put up with Ron any longer and if his teammates are convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that the situation won't improve.

That is a pretty high standard to meet, but if I ever become convinced of that, then I to will say that Ron should be traded.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't you think we're awfully close to that point, if not already there?

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Don't you think we're awfully close to that point, if not already there?

I knew you were going to ask that question. We might be pretty close to that point, I don't know.

ChicagoJ
11-12-2004, 12:07 AM
I figure neither of us, on our own, is a very good barometer... :chuckle: