PDA

View Full Version : Pritchard Scouting in Orlando?

ErikD.
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
Let the rumors begin.... Indiana's Kevin Pritchard in the house in Orlando... Scouting players.
39 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Please delete if too ambiguous. I thought it was interesting.

Hypnotiq
02-13-2012, 07:04 PM
get JJ redick

Stuckey7370
02-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Had to get the pills back from Love. Why Pacers have been struggling recently.

granger4mvp
02-13-2012, 07:07 PM
It's for Dwight Howard guys!!!!!!!!

On a serious note wonder who's he's looking at

5_7_Clash
02-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Ryan Anderson? I don't think Orlando would give him up but he'd be an interesting addition.

JB24
02-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Probably the glut of wings on the Timberpups' roster (Webster, Ellington etc...)

Orlando's players are either known quantities, guys with terrible contracts or just complete trash.

CableKC
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Probably the glut of wings on the Timberpups' roster (Webster, Ellington etc...)

Orlando's players are either known quantities, guys with terrible contracts or just complete trash.
To clarify....the Magic are playing the TWolves in Orlando....my guess is that JB24 is suggesting that KP is in Orlando to scout the TWolves...not the Magic Players.

2minutes twoa
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Never know. I really can't see Larry just sitting on his hands at the trade deadline this year. The franchise is in too good of a place to not get involved some how. Maybe not a blockbuster, but I would be shocked if a trade doesn't go down.

QuickRelease
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Unless it is for a covert interview for Otis Smith's job.

Pacer Fan
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Never know. I really can't see Larry just sitting on his hands at the trade deadline this year. The franchise is in too good of a place to not get involved some how. Maybe not a blockbuster, but I would be shocked if a trade doesn't go down.

I will be blown away with 14+mil in cap and not getting additions done for the last half of the season and playoffs. I will be very upset if nothing is done.

QuickRelease
02-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Any chance we're looking at Beasley, for his scoring?

MillerTime
02-13-2012, 08:18 PM

Where would that leave Hansbrough?"

cdash
02-13-2012, 08:19 PM
get JJ redick

Honestly, I think he would make a great addition to our team. He's a solid bench player.

rel
02-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a look at Webster. Wasn't he supposed to be quite the shooter coming out of school? He doesn't get any minutes with Minny so haven't been able to really see what he's capable of with time on the floor...(and I honestly don't remember what he did in Portland)

He can leave his dumb haircut in Minny though

Major Cold
02-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I know from a friend that when the Pacers went out west, Bird went to Florida.

pwee31
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Not sure. Most players in the game are players that you should have already have a good idea about, unless you're looking at younger players like Rubio, Derrick Williams, or Wes Johnson. That or you're hoping to see how healthy Brad Miller is, or maybe even Darko?

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
interesting. Could be nothing but my guess is

A. We might be part of a larger trade for Howard (not him comming here) so could be looking at role players

B. I wouldn't be shocked if he is looking at Jameer Nelson

McKeyFan
02-13-2012, 08:27 PM
What about Barea? Could he help us?

And what is Minny's financial situation? Bird might be willing to blow his whole wad on Rubio.

Asher99
02-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Why would Orlando give us one of their better players when we're going to be tied with then in the East if they hold on and win this game tonight?

cdash
02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
What about Barea? Could he help us?

And what is Minny's financial situation? Bird might be willing to blow his whole wad on Rubio.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that Minny trades Rubio.

Hypnotiq
02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
is nelson really that much of an upgrade of collison

i dont think he is

AusPACER
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
I know Pritchard really liked Webster when he was at Portland. I think It is possible. I'd be in for JJ

Asher99
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM

If we wanted a backup PF who scored more we could just give the ball to Tyler. MB is at 17.5 PPG PER36 heading into tonight with 16.3 attempts. That is .3 less than what Danny is getting up this year and 4 full more shots than Hansbrough to get 3 more PPG PER36.

cdash
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM

i dont think he is

I don't think he is an upgrade at all. The way he is playing this year, he's a downgrade.

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Maybe Jason Richardson?

I think he is eligable to be traded now

Derek2k3
02-13-2012, 08:47 PM
There's not a snowball's chance in hell that Minny trades Rubio.

Especially considering it is widely accepted that Minny didn't give Love the 5 year deal so they could offer Rubio next season. He'll be there for at least 5+ years, not tradeable.

i dont think he is

No, but he is over AJ/Lance. Jameer hasn't been good, but he also hasn't really gotten much PT. Plus, that whole roster is so dysfunctional. Having a dbag star will do that.

Will Galen
02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Please delete if too ambiguous. I thought it was interesting.

For all anyone knows he could be taking in a game because he's in Orlando for some other reason, i.e., work related, family marriage, vacation, etc.

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 09:06 PM
with all thats on KP's schedule and the time committment it takes, kind of doubt he would watch a game in Orlando on his "free time"

I could be wrong though

Will Galen
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I will be blown away with 14+mil in cap and not getting additions done for the last half of the season and playoffs. I will be very upset if nothing is done.

Why? You should only make trades that you think will improve your team, not give up Roy, Danny, Paul, and 4 first rounders to rent Dwight Howard. Just because you could make such a trade, and Orlando would do it doesn't mean it's a good trade.

Thinking something can always be done is true, but that doesn't mean you get offers that you want to do.

Will Galen
02-13-2012, 09:12 PM
I know from a friend that when the Pacers went out west, Bird went to Florida.

Maybe they are scouting one of the Richardsons, or Redick, as payment for facilitating a three team trade.

Sorry, all have already been mentioned!

vnzla81
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
If it was some kind of Howard trade I don't think you need to go anywhere to scout Howard everybody knows who he is by now.

xIndyFan
02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe Jason Richardson?

I think he is eligable to be traded now

that was the guy that i first thought about, but he is still owed 3yr/$18M after this year. don't mind the $6M/yr as much as the 3 more years.

Lance George
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Christ, Orlando's roster is frightening. No wonder Dwight's practically begging to get the hell out of there.

There's no one on their team who would excite me, outside of Dwight, obviously. If Pritchard is in Orlando doing scouting for a potential deal, let's hope he's scouting the T-Wolves. I'd still love for us to pick up Anthony Randolph.

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
that was the guy that i first thought about, but he is still owed 3yr/$18M after this year. don't mind the $6M/yr as much as the 3 more years.

3 more after this year , wow

6 million per is not bad , but it would be one more year than Bird is giving out contracts. West got 2 years, and rumor was Crawford was given a 2 year offer

Unless year 3 is a team option or something

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 09:33 PM
http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA

stevekylerNBASteve Kyler

Thanks to all my tweeps for keeping me amused with the Pacers trade ideas... Pritchard just working the NBA... nothing brewing

$%^^*%%##

CableKC
02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Ignoring the obvious reasons why the Pacers would not trade for him...I doubt that the TWolves would part with him for less than a 1st round pick.

MyFavMartin
02-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Earl Clark?

Sparhawk
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM

On another team I hope. I don't want Beasley, but I won't be remiss if Hans is dealt for some other backup PF.

Can we still deal Granger for Rubio and Williams? hahahaha

imawhat
Maybe he's seeing if Rubio/Williams/Beasley is still enough in return for Danny Granger.

Will Galen
http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA

stevekylerNBASteve Kyler

Thanks to all my tweeps for keeping me amused with the Pacers trade ideas... Pritchard just working the NBA... nothing brewing.

Dag Nab It! Orlando won't take our subs for Howard. How fair is that!

pwee31
02-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Doesn't have to be anything brewing for him to be scouting players for potential deals

Heisenberg
02-13-2012, 09:52 PM
All in favor of Redick, assuming he's pretty cheap. He's got one unguaranteed year on his deal left after this season. Not sure what they'd want, I wouldn't give up anything but some of our cap space really. Probably have to be a part of a Dwight trade as a facilitator.

Sparhawk
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Wes Johnson + Derrick Williams

for

Danny Granger + Lance Stephenson

Seriously though.

I'm not that intrigued by either team, but from Orland, I do like Earl Clark. Someone mentioned Reddick, but the dude can't get his own shot.

For the TWolves, Kahn has to do something about his Forward situation. Martel is starting, but there are better options in Derrick Williams or Beasley. One of them has to go. Also, Randolph is rotting on the bench.

In summation, Earl Clark and Derrick Williams are the only two that intrigue me.

Hicks
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm surprised at all of the trade speculation in this thread. The head of our scouting department was scouting an NBA game. Nothing to see here.

Sparhawk
02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised at all of the trade speculation in this thread. The head of our scouting department was scouting an NBA game. Nothing to see here.

Boredom.

90'sNBARocked
02-13-2012, 10:08 PM
3 game losing streak....yeah this is mild, imagine if players were named

Pacer Fan
02-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Why? You should only make trades that you think will improve your team, not give up Roy, Danny, Paul, and 4 first rounders to rent Dwight Howard. Just because you could make such a trade, and Orlando would do it doesn't mean it's a good trade.

Thinking something can always be done is true, but that doesn't mean you get offers that you want to do.

Wow, where that come from? got 29 other teams and 400 players out there. Something can be done. Don't have to go off the deep end with your reply.

Larry Staverman
02-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Maybe he's there to scout the Orlando cheerleaders!

Pacer Fan
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
How bout Beasley...

bench of
Foster
Hans
Beasley
JR Smith
Hill

It would be dangerous in more ways then one!!:laugh:

Pacer Fan
02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
How bout Beasley...

bench of
Foster
Hans
Beasley
JR Smith
Hill

It would be dangerous in more ways then one!!:laugh:

Hell, Why where at it let's just get Cousins!

Cousins
Hans
Beasley
JR Smith
Hill

:laugh:Nobody would want to face the Pacers!:laugh:

The real Goon Squad?

Shade
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Ryan Anderson? I don't think Orlando would give him up but he'd be an interesting addition.

You misspelled Troy Murphy.

Ownagedood
02-13-2012, 11:27 PM
You misspelled Troy Murphy.

Ya I don't want another one of those.. Troy was great for our JOB Pacers, but this is different and I like my bigs to play inside.

pianoman
02-14-2012, 01:10 AM
J.J. Reddick would be the perfect addition to this team imo. Perfect bench guy that can light it up from anywhere.

Hoop
02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Please no Jameer Nelson :puke:

I'd take Reddick, for free, possibly as part of some other trade as a salary dump.

CableKC
02-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Please no Jameer Nelson :puke:

I'd take Reddick, for free, possibly as part of some other trade as a salary dump.
If you had the choice between Reddick or Morrow...assuming both would be Salary Dumps....which would you take?

Both have contracts that last 2 years and are off the books after the 2012-2013 season. I'd consider Morrow.....he's owed less and can play some SF as well.

Johanvil
02-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Nothing to see here.

http://thelasthonestman.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/nothing-to-see-here.jpg

I agree though. I think some of the guys here are reaching.
JJ Reddick would be nice though;)

2minutes twoa
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
If you had the choice between Reddick or Morrow...assuming both would be Salary Dumps....which would you take?

Both have contracts that last 2 years and are off the books after the 2012-2013 season. I'd consider Morrow.....he's owed less and can play some SF as well.

That's an easy one IMO. Morrow is just as good a shooter, probably better, and he can create his own shot.

BRushWithDeath
02-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Hell, Why where at it let's just get Cousins!

Cousins
Hans
Beasley
JR Smith
Hill

How long could that lineup play together before one of them murdered a teammate for taking his shots?

imbtyler
02-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, let's slow our roll a little bit. It's perfectly sensible that Pritchard is merely scouting the players to prepare for our upcoming game. Although, it's also rather sensible that Pritchard is looking at a Timberwolf or two. Or maybe he's actually scouting some Magic players.

In my opinion, if we're looking at anyone, I would realistically take Anthony Randolph, Earl Clark, or Mike Beasley (not in that order). I don't really want Redick (disappointment), or Nelson (let him rot in Orlando), or Darko (yuck), or Brad Miller (really?), or pretty much anyone else on either team not named Derrick, Ricky, Dwight, or Kevin. But I truly don't believe any of those four are available, especially to us.

I just hope we do make a big move soon that will better our team. If Bird DOES sit on his hands by the trade deadline, I will be massively disappointed. The time for contention is here, no more three-year plans, no more waiting. This is OUR year, and Bird knows it. If we sit on our asses for one more year, and let ourselves fall out of the playoffs in the first round again, I will be heavily disappointed.

WE MUST WIN!
:sparta:

Justin Tyme
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM

TRADED.

Justin Tyme
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I think he would make a great addition to our team. He's a solid bench player.

He's another SG the size of Hill.

King Tuts Tomb
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
My brother listens to a sports podcast called the Warroom and he sent me this quote from them a couple weeks ago:

"Most of the these guys on the Magic would be sandwich artists if there were less teams in the league."

CableKC
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
My brother listens to a sports podcast called the Warroom and he sent me this quote from them a couple weeks ago:

"Most of the these guys on the Magic would be sandwich artists if there were less teams in the league."
I hear that Reddick makes a "Reddick-ulous" Ham and Cheese Grilled sandwich. :rimshot:

pacergod2
02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
What about a deal that would send Dwight to Los Angeles? Maybe we are the ones facilitating a deal to get Howard out of the East, much like the Houston deal that fell through with NO. Maybe we are looking at who we would like from Orlando in a salary dump as part of that deal where we would get Pau. Just a thought. West, Pau, Hibbert?

Hoop
02-14-2012, 05:37 PM

Yes, I'd take Morrow.