PDA

View Full Version : Area 55 Chant Suggestions : IND v MIA 2/14/12

Sandman21
02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
After three tough losses, it doesn't get any easier for the Pacers tomorrow night as the defending Eastern Conference Champion Miami Heat come to town for the first time this season, and they need a loud PRO-Pacers crowd to help keep the homecourt advantage out of the hands of the invading hordes of bandwagoning Heat fans for this nearly sold-out St. Valentines Day Shoot-Out!

Area 55 is looking for chants focused towards James, Bosh, and Wade in particular, (and these should be EASY!) but as always, chants towards any Heat players are encouraged, as long as they stay PG. (Fact: Heat reserve Juwan Howard is OLDER than Frank Vogel)

As with recent home games, Area55 is also looking for suggestions for more chants for when the Pacers are on offense (P-p-p-PACERS is starting to wear thin when you chant it 15 times a game). We recently debuted the "Go go, the blue and gold " chant, but we need more!

As usual, put them here or send them over to @area55chants, @pacers_chants, @thesandman21 or @letstalkpacers on Twitter.

EDIT: Before anyone else makes the suggestions, we cannot do chants regarding Lebron's mother. Don't look at me, that comes straight down from the Big Man. His request, his rule. :) Plus, we aren't going to cause Lebron to discover that mystical period of the game, better known as the FOURTH QUARTER :rimshot:

Scot Pollard
02-13-2012, 06:30 PM
PLEASE ANTAGONIZE THE BANDWAGONERS!!!!!!!!

Maybe point to some and chant "BAND-WAG-ON! BAND-WAG-ON!"

PacerPenguins
02-13-2012, 06:34 PM
well considering two games ago a washington wizards fan got lebron really mad when a fan made a joke about delonte and his mom and went after him i say we should do something like
"Delonte West...clap...clap....clapclapclap."
or
"How is Gloria...clap...clap...clapclapclap."

idk just random thoughts

Steagles
02-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Bandwagon!
NOT 5, NOT 6, BUT ZERO
or a nice, **** YOU

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Sandman21
02-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, per Roy's request, chants about Lebron's mom probably are off-limits (tbh, I thought they were overused a couple years ago. :)).

Besides, if Lebron is having a strange off night, do we REALLY want to risk setting him off? :D

cdash
02-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Chant anything about LeBron's mom (and specifically, Delonte West banging her). Watch out though--he might try to kick your ***.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-threatened-kick-heckler-butt-gotta-problem-tough-153104602.html

ndcoltsnpacers
02-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I figure a good "playoff choker" should be in order for Lebron. I really hope A55 is ready to bring it Tuesday, kinda felt like Saturday was one of our worst nights up until the run at the end of the 4th quarter.

Sandman21
02-13-2012, 06:58 PM
When Le-Sellout does his baby powder thing before the tip: "THIS IS OUR HOUSE!"

Steagles
02-13-2012, 06:58 PM
We hate chicago more than you, doodah, doodah

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

J7F
02-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Be like boozer... Clap Clap ClapClapClap
Paint a hairline... Clap Clap ClapClapClap

Derek2k3
02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
"Beat LA!"

"Dirk No-witz-ki"

For LeB****:

"You're A Side Kick!"
"Rooooo-Biiiinnn"
"Scottie Pippen!"

Whenever anyone besides the Big 3 shoot FT:

"MVP"

For Bosh:

"THIRD WHEEL!"
"Ugly Sister!"
"Vel-oc-o-rap-tor!"

TheDon
02-13-2012, 11:30 PM
I wish someone down closer to the court could make a sign that would say something like

"Hey Lebron if you can read this, we're surprised"

didn't he fail at reading some dr. seuss book for kids at some school when he was still in ohio?

James invited a few kids to sit with him to read the text stuffed with familiar Seuss' rhymes. On the last page, James paused, smiled and said, "I'm not even going to try that name" when he got tangled up with the second part of: "Be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, you're off to Great Places!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2314852

Derek2k3
02-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Now that's funny. :lol:

Sandman21
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
"Beat LA!"
I don't get it.:confused:

Derek2k3
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't get it.:confused:

"Heat who?" As in, they aren't the top prize. There were a few games last season crowds would chant "Beat LA" when the Heat were in their slide. Was pretty funny to hear announcers trying to pretend it wasn't happening.

Sandman21
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
But the Pacers already beat LA. :)

Plus, the Lakers aren't the top prize anymore. It should be "Beat Dallas!". Oh wait, we've done that too..... :D

imbtyler
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
"M-I-A!" - A play on Miami's abbreviation, but implying "Missing In Action", chanted when LeBron shoots a free throw or gets the ball in the fourth quarter. Downfall: could sound like we're cheering in support of Miami
"Choke! Choke!" - A simple, repetitive, and relevant chant for LeBron. Might be more effective every time he gets the ball late in the 4th. Choking and ball-grabbing gestures are optional

Also, for us, I would suggest chanting a player's name after they hit a big 3, or have a killer dunk, or make a clutch play. Like you did in the High School cheer block back in the day.

For example,
"Hib! Hib! Hoo-ROY!"

Clappers:
"King George!" *clap clap* "King George!" *clap clap* (for Paul)
"George Hill!" *clap clap* ""George Hill!" *clap clap* (get well soon)
"Dan-ny Gran-ger!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (see below for better suggestion)
"Old Man Fos-ter!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (it's not offensive)
"Bo-orn Rea-dy!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (better than "Ste-phen-son! Ste-phen-son!")

Three-syllable name chants:
"Da-vid West! Da-vid West!"
"Col-lis-son! Col-lis-son!"
"Psy-cho T! Psy-cho T!"
"Pen-der-graph! Pen-der-graph!" (not as likely)

Also,
"Juice! Juice! Juice!" - AJ Price
"LOUUUUUUUU!" (just keep it up. don't worry about it sounding like boo's, he'll probably earn them later)

You don't have to do them every time each designated player hits a shot, but only the more exciting/important plays.

Finally, I will pass down my own personal 'chant' that I do when Granger does anything right. We all know the Top Gun theme song, so all you have to do is sing/scream/say loudly:
"Hiiighwaaay toooo thaaa GRANGER ZONE!"

That's my favorite.
Perhaps do it twice over, with high-pitched emphasis on the "Granger Zone", like the song.

Sandman21
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
For example,
"Hib! Hib! Hoo-ROY!" Already do it :)
"King George!" *clap clap* "King George!" *clap clap* (for Paul) 2 much *clap, clap*, 4 you
"George Hill!" *clap clap* ""George Hill!" *clap clap* (get well soon)G3
"Dan-ny Gran-ger!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (see below for better suggestion) Danny Danny Danny
"Old Man Fos-ter!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (it's not offensive) Feisty Foster clapclapclap
"Bo-orn Rea-dy!" *clap clap clapclapclap* (better than "Ste-phen-son! Ste-phen-son!")We already do this one too
"Da-vid West! Da-vid West!" This is the one player we still need a specialized chant for, most of us have gone to thrown up the Xavier X when D-West scores
"Col-lis-son! Col-lis-son!" DC2
"Psy-cho T! Psy-cho T!" Already do it. :)
"Pen-der-graph! Pen-der-graph!" (not as likely)Papa Smurf :D
"Juice! Juice! Juice!" - AJ Price Do it. :)
"LOUUUUUUUU!" (just keep it up. don't worry about it sounding like boo's, he'll probably earn them later) Do this one as well as Louie Louie

One of these days, we need to make the cheat sheet more visible. Some of these are already staples.:)

ejwallace
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I think you should make a life-size cutout of this....

http://thesportsblahblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/boshraptor.jpg

BPump33
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I would have liked to have chanted "De-lon-te's Val-en-tine" at LBJ tonight, but oh well.

I think "King of Noth-ing" works, but I'm kind of scared to **** him off. He's insanely good.

31andonly
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
"Dirk No-witz-ki"

That would be hilarious!!