PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching TNT ?

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Intresting comments from Charles and Kenny , oh and David Aldridge.

Dr Huxtable
11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Yes.

At least all three of them were being rational, unlike the ESPN guys. :p

Shade
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Yep, I just posted what I could remember in another thread. I'm really concerned about the "physical confrontation" Ron and JO supposedly had.

roleplayer
11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah, David Aldridge basically said that his sources said Artest went to Carlisle to tell him he was retiring, but he also said he knows that JO and Artest have not gotten along for quite a while now. Obviously Carlisle wouldn't say there was any kind of altercation between the two, who knows. Barkley basically said Artest is mentally unstable and needs help, and that really the team doesn't trust him...

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Yes.

At least all three of them were being rational, unlike the ESPN guys. :p

I agree this has been blown up way too much , I think the TNT crew was very rational in the candid talk about Artest.

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 08:07 PM
TNT did a good job and presented a story that I can believe in 100% not that bogus stupid CD story.

Stupid

Kenny also made a great point about how Artest just loves to play basketball.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-11-2004, 08:08 PM
David Aldridge reports... Rick commenting he isn't sure he can trust Ron? A possible Jermaine/Ron physical confrontation? Ron actually telling Rick he wanted to retire?

All is not well in Pacerland right now.

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 08:14 PM
TNT did a good job and presented a story that I can believe in 100% not that bogus stupid CD story.

Stupid

Kenny also made a great point about how Artest just loves to play basketball.

Yeah I definte believe this more than anything I have heard so far.

Maybe Ron want's traded ?

Hicks
11-11-2004, 08:17 PM
I can't believe some of you are taking what was just said on TNT as a "it's OK" or "things were blown out of proportions.

They said Ron talks about retiring, JO and he might have come to blows, JO is sick of him, the team doesn't trust him, and it's the consensus of Charles, Mike and Tony (PTI), and Stephen A. (When the hell do all 4 of these guys all agree?), among many other people, that it's in the Pacers' best interest to trade the guy.

This is absolutely not good.

Southside_Pacer
11-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Nobody really cares what I think, but after hearing about this, I think it's time for the Pacers and Ron Artest to part ways, and I thought that we needed to do this earlier.

Right now we have a player who the team obviously does not trust, the head coach does not trust, and gets into physical confrontations with the team's leader.

I don't care that "Ron just loves to play basketball", and I'm so sick of hearing that line. Don't all these NBA players love to play basketball. Isn't that why they're in the National Basketball Association?

Team chemistry is such a critical thing to have, and I'm afraid that the longer Ron stays around, the worse and worse our team chemistry could be, and we could impload.

Case in point, the University of Minnesota had Kris Humphries last year, and he was an amazing college freshman, however the team hated his guts, and they never materialized.

He's 24 and he's already talking about retiring? I guess Circuit City looks more appealing to him than being a professional basketball player.

Aw Heck
11-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, if DA is correct (and most of the time he is), what team is going to give up close to equal value for Artest if he potentially is going to retire?

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 08:25 PM
I just Hope Burtrem Redneck wasn't listening or watching , he might freak out cause Charles said Ron defintely has Psychological problems and needs some help ;)

I have heard many people say this and I agree from personal experinces.

I been listening to WIBC since 7pm and the phonelines are on fire about Artest , alot of intresting fan comments , 9-11 will be Keven Lee with even more talk I am sure about Artest.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Nobody really cares what I think, but after hearing about this, I think it's time for the Pacers and Ron Artest to part ways, and I thought that we needed to do this earlier.

Right now we have a player who the team obviously does not trust, the head coach does not trust, and gets into physical confrontations with the team's leader.

I don't care that "Ron just loves to play basketball", and I'm so sick of hearing that line. Don't all these NBA players love to play basketball. Isn't that why they're in the National Basketball Association?

Team chemistry is such a critical thing to have, and I'm afraid that the longer Ron stays around, the worse and worse our team chemistry could be, and we could impload.

Case in point, the University of Minnesota had Kris Humphries last year, and he was an amazing college freshman, however the team hated his guts, and they never materialized.

He's 24 and he's already talking about retiring? I guess Circuit City looks more appealing to him than being a professional basketball player.

Well said. Team chemistry cannot be forgotten. Talent will only get a team so far.

SoupIsGood
11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Start the countdown...

Artest booked his own ticket out of here.

Dr Huxtable
11-11-2004, 08:31 PM
"Well said. Team chemistry cannot be forgotten. Talent will only get a team so far."

Exactly. Just look at the Lakers last year.

PistonsDynasty
11-11-2004, 08:58 PM
**Rasheed**

:laugh: I remember some of you guys talking about Sheed and his antics.

RA231
11-11-2004, 09:03 PM
I hope there is room for to in Ricky Williams tent in Austraila. Artest is the Ricky Williams of the NBA. So much talent, but just weird and stupid.

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
**Rasheed**

:laugh: I remember some of you guys talking about Sheed and his antics.

Intresting you mention Sheed , but Sheed was alot of problems back in his youth and maybe that's alittle reason why I am sticking with Ron ..even though I don't agree with some of the things he has done.

sixthman
11-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Surely there is a good chance all this will get worked out for the rest of the year. Ron's feelings obviously got ruffled along the way, but he seems to be cooling down now.

Ron now says he wants to retire early, but not until he gets a ring.

Harsh reality is I can't believe somebody will fork over to the Pacers anything near market value for Ron right now.

Since Ron now says he is not going to retire until he wins a championship, it will be easier and simpler for this group to forget the past and agree to go out and win a championship. For Reggie and Ron! That way both can go off happily into the sunset together. ;)

Of course, I don't think for a moment Ron will find it financially feasible to retire, after taking an off season to look at reality. But, in the short term, if the goal of early retirement for Ron with a ring is what it takes to restore peace to the Pacers nation, I say let's go for it!

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I am intereted to heat what ARTESTMVP has to say after hearing this.

Do you still stand by him? do we still haev to "nurture" him?

I suspect he was a 'one-day wonder.' :rolleyes: