PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

vnzla81
02-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Another lost for our record, I don't really know what to think about this team, no Gallinari, no Nene and we still lost? :confused:

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Wake me when this team decides it wants to play hard for 4 quarters again. Think we may have bought into out own hype a little too much.

2minutes twoa
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Bad news: 4 game losing streak likely.
Good news: Should be followed by a 7 game winning streak. The schedule gets considerably easier after Miami.

immortality
02-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Where is the real Hibbert :/

Sookie
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
We were going to go through a rough patch.

our team is flawed, not bad. Wouldn't surprise me if we beat the Heat.

Shade
02-11-2012, 09:44 PM
It's like IU all over again.

Magic P
Roy played like a bumbling idiot. He played like he was selected to the d-league all star game.

imbtyler
Another big disappointment. As Peck said, there is no reason why we should have lost that game without Nene and Gallonari. Granger started the second half at 10/12 FG%, then finished with... 10/18. What the hell? George picked it up a bit near the end (a few big 3's), but we're just struggling out there all the time.

Three game losing streak. That feels great. Remember when we were in the top 3 in the East? Those were great times. Now, on paper, we're just as good as Orlando. I'm beginning to panic. We're going to have one helluva game on Tuesday, especially if George Hill still isn't back. I expect Granger not to show up, and Paul George to be a couple quarters late again.

I'm worried like hell. The energy is there for us, the hustle is good, but we just start making mistakes that sabotage us so quickly. And then, before you know it, it's over. So much for David West being Captain Clutch; he threw away that pass to DC so easily.

I really hope we can make some more roster moves in the next few weeks. Something that shouldn't make a huge difference, but does.

peasouptexan7
Disappointed in the team, but at least we didn't give up towards the end of the 4th when it looked like it was over. Hibbert was just plain awful. We need to be going to West consistently. He is as consistent a scorer as we have. Looks like we started to do this towards the end of the game, and hopefully this continues. Get some rest, fix the mistakes, and get ready for Miami!

Johanvil
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/103360_o.gif

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM

Hope he's not making that "play great for a bit the disappear for the rest of the season" a permanent part of his game.

Mr_Smith
I just have three words:

Denver transition points

TheDavisBrothers
Another lost for our record, I don't really know what to think about this team, no Gallinari, no Nene and we still lost? :confused:

No Foster, no Hill

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 09:46 PM

I smell another 25 pt loss up coming.

CableKC

It would surprise me....we don't have the necessary depth to beat the Heat.

kidthecat
Excuse any offensive content, I'm a bit inebriated.

Who the **** did we lose to? A bunch of nobodies missing their two best players.

This is the worst kind of loss: ridden with false hope and to a team that has no chance in the playoffs.

Where did "smashmouth basketball" go? **** this.

MiaDragon
No Foster, no Hill

not even close to being the same.

PGisthefuture
02-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Another big disappointment. As Peck said, there is no reason why we should have lost that game without Nene and Gallonari. Granger started the second half at 10/12 FG%, then finished with... 10/18. What the hell? George picked it up a bit near the end (a few big 3's), but we're just struggling out there all the time.

Three game losing streak. That feels great. Remember when we were in the top 3 in the East? Those were great times. Now, on paper, we're just as good as Orlando. I'm beginning to panic. We're going to have one helluva game on Tuesday, especially if George Hill still isn't back. I expect Granger not to show up, and Paul George to be a couple quarters late again.

I'm worried like hell. The energy is there for us, the hustle is good, but we just start making mistakes that sabotage us so quickly. And then, before you know it, it's over. So much for David West being Captain Clutch; he threw away that pass to DC so easily.

I really hope we can make some more roster moves in the next few weeks. Something that shouldn't make a huge difference, but does.

J.R. Smith would be a start.

joew8302
02-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Hibbert seems like Rik Smits 2.0 at this point. Yes, they have different games, but they are very similar in that they have stretches where they look all world, and other stretches where they look extremely average. I really think Hibbert's minutes need to be limited even more. I like Roy, but he doesn't have, and probably never will have an extremely high motor.

Losing George Hill hurts, bad. No George Hill means more Jones and Price. Granted Price shot the ball well tonight our perimeter defense was terrible again. I do not think its a coincidence the chemistry and defense has went downhill dramatically without Hill.

Lou Amundson is lucky to be on an NBA roster. All he does is commit fouls and swat at the ball. Try actually catching it Lou.

AesopRockOn
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Tough not to be bummed out by that effort. Denver played well. Lawson was owning for stretches, Nene/Koufos outplayed Roy inside, and Afflalo hit that ice-cold dagger. Probably the worst defensive game of the year. Really weren't able to make any adjustments to stop the fast break. DWest missed one shot and yet we only fed him with the pick and roll (that led to switches) at the end of the 4th quarter. Killed on the rebounds and turnovers. Not playing good ball right now.

http://i.imgur.com/HywzO.png

LA_Confidential
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
All is not lost. We'll be fine. Every team has tough times and we're no exception.

PGisthefuture
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I hate to follow fold of some people overreacting, but the game on Tuesday will be lucky if it's not a blow-out. Our team is missing something, it's like Roy and PG got invited to Orlando and the team was satisfied... I simply don't get it. Roy having 5 rebounds is unacceptable...

skyfire
Roy looked tired tonight. Several times when it would have been an easy basket based upon his play earlier in the season, we come away with nothing. We gave away way too many 2nd chance points and let them get out on the break over and over again in the 1st half.

Lawson, Affalo and Brewer all played very well and hit some tough shots as the game went on. They managed to force their preferred tempo for a majority of the game.

We had a few chances that didn't break our way down the stretch, the missed FT that almost fell to us, West throwing it away. Once Nene went out injured, we should have been going to West much more regularly, since they had nobody to guard him. Oh well...

imawhat
If we were as good as Denver in transition we'd be almost unbeatable. We're probably bottom 5 in the league right now.

PGisthefuture
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Tough not to be bummed out by that effort. Denver played well. Lawson was owning for stretches, Nene/Koufos outplayed Roy inside, and Afflalo hit that ice-cold dagger. Probably the worst defensive game of the year. Really weren't able to make any adjustments to stop the fast break. DWest missed one shot and yet we only fed him with the pick and roll (that led to switches) at the end of the 4th quarter. Killed on the rebounds and turnovers. Not playing good ball right now.

http://i.imgur.com/HywzO.png

David West and PG have been our bright spots in this losing streak..

imbtyler
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
This was nice. Great defense by Lance to finish with a strong one-handed jam on the fast break.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1EInR2zkDus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like Croshere says, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong on that play.

Johanvil
Too many uncontested lay ups from Denver.Actually you can call it a lay up exhibition what we just saw.Losing to a Denver team that didn't have Gallo and lost Nene during the game makes it really bad.It's beyond frustrating as West's horrible pass keeps coming up in my mind.Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

immortality
We should have had Paul George on Ty Lawson the entire game, his dribble penetration killed us.

vnzla81
not even close to being the same.

He forgot Pendergraph.

MiaDragon
Hibbert seems like Rik Smits 2.0 at this point. Yes, they have different games, but they are very similar in that they have stretches where they look all world, and other stretches where they look extremely average. I really think Hibbert's minutes need to be limited even more. I like Roy, but he doesn't have, and probably never will have an extremely high motor.

Losing George Hill hurts, bad. No George Hill means more Jones and Price. Granted Price shot the ball well tonight our perimeter defense was terrible again. I do not think its a coincidence the chemistry and defense has went downhill dramatically without Hill.

Lou Amundson is lucky to be on an NBA roster. All he does is commit fouls and swat at the ball. Try actually catching it Lou.

Lou's defense was night and day better than Hibberts.

Eleazar
I'm not worried, I just think constantly playing playoff caliber opponents and the condensed schedule is catching up to us. I think if Vogel starts to intermix the back-ups with the starters more we will play better as the less tired legs of the bench can make up for the more tired legs of the starters in the hustle category.

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 09:52 PM
He forgot Pendergraph.

but seriously why has he not seen the floor much at all?

hoosierguy
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I just hope this team snaps out of this funk. It would be unfortunate if the Pacers started flirting with .500 after starting so well.

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
We should have had Paul George on Ty Lawson the entire game, his dribble penetration killed us.

It would have been nice to have a presence in the middle to deter said drives.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Can't turn it over against a team like the Nuggets, they'll run you out of the building. We had 20 turnovers tonight. If we have 20 turnovers against the Heat on Tuesday, we'll lose that game too.

Valiant effort at the end, but our mistakes and poor transition defense killed us.

kidthecat
Just ******* put Lance in there for steady minutes, already. Look at what confidence did to Paul George's [if inconsistent] game.

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell.

Johanvil
If we were as good as Denver in transition we'd be almost unbeatable. We're probably bottom 5 in the league right now.

Indicative of what you said were 2 moments of a fast break in the 1st half.First,it's 4 vs 1 and yet Hans managed to lose the ball and the other one 3vs 1 this time only for Price to make a loose ball foul.Shocking.Absolutely shocking.

joew8302
02-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Lou's defense was night and day better than Hibberts.

Umm if you say so

Unclebuck
The game was lost in the first half when the Pacers were hitting most of their shots but let the Nuggets back in the game with bad defense and embarrassingly bad transition defense - we saw the downside of sending more players to the offensive glass. And then the second half the Nugs played very well, too well for us

AesopRockOn
David West and PG have been our bright spots in this losing streak..

:confused: PG had shot 3-21 the previous two games.

Eleazar
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
It would surprise me....we don't have the necessary depth to beat the Heat.

Disagree, if it wasn't for our bench the Nuggets would have destroyed us. If we lose to the Heat it isn't because we don't have the depth, but because we don't have starters who are performing as well as they should.

kidthecat
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
There is one HUGE thing that bothers me: how Croshere very astutely mentioned that the Pacers were no longer sending their bigs to the offensive glass, in order to stop the transition game of the Nuggets.

How is that smashmouth basketball? Aren't the Pacers supposed to impose their identity onto other teams? Those second chance points sure could've helped in the second half considering the Nuggets were still scoring at will in the half court.

Unclebuck
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM
There is one HUGE thing that bothers me: how Croshere very astutely mentioned that the Pacers were no longer sending their bigs to the offensive glass, in order to stop the transition game of the Nuggets.

How is that smashmouth basketball? Aren't the Pacers supposed to impose their identity onto other teams? Those second chance points sure could've helped in the second half considering the Nuggets were still scoring at will in the half court.

Did u see the first half? If you did then you know why we backed off the offensive glass because the first half was a layup line for the Nuggets

Ownagedood
What you guys talking about? Nene played.

This loss still sucks, but like I said in yesterdays post game thread, Nuggets are very dangerous.. there is absolutely no excuse for how Roy is playing right now. He's the #1 reason we are getting beat.

Sparhawk
Can't turn it over against a team like the Nuggets, they'll run you out of the building. We had 20 turnovers tonight. If we have 20 turnovers against the Heat on Tuesday, we'll lose that game too.

Valiant effort at the end, but our mistakes and poor transition defense killed us.

And yet the Magic had 24 TOs the last time we played them and we lost.

Only the Pacers.

Basketball Fan
I was a bit distracted by the Whitney Houston coverage but the Pacers lost? They were leading last I checked I can't believe they blew this game..

And we get the Heat next....

Eleazar
Indicative of what you said were 2 moments of a fast break in the 1st half.First,it's 4 vs 1 and yet Hans managed to lose the ball and the other one 3vs 1 this time only for Price to make a loose ball foul.Shocking.Absolutely shocking.

Yes, because Price can control if the other player runs into him. Price was looking the opposite way, and didn't even see him until half a second before he ran into Price. No unbiased viewer would blame Price for that.

LA_Confidential
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I hate to follow fold of some people overreacting, but the game on Tuesday will be lucky if it's not a blow-out. Our team is missing something, it's like Roy and PG got invited to Orlando and the team was satisfied... I simply don't get it. Roy having 5 rebounds is unacceptable...

A leader. And by leader I mean a point guard. We play a lot of PnR/PnP but when it doesn't work there is a lot of standing around going on. This has to be fixed and I dont think DC has the "stripes" yet. He doesnt show the leadership to get guys in the right spots.

immortality
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM

We were getting screwed because our bigs aren't fast enough to stay down low to try to get the offensive rebound and get back on defense if it failed. We should have done this earlier, but it was too late.

Johanvil
02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
We allow teams to get back in the game when we have big leads far too easy and far too soon.At what point will they learn?Has happened several times already.

kidthecat
02-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Did u see the first half? If you did then you know why we backed off the offensive glass because the first half was a layup line for the Nuggets

I did. I'm questioning the point of sacrificing that strategy when the Nuggets were still scoring as easily as they did in the second half. If you're gonna lose, don't ***** out by sacrificing your identity. Plus, if the Pacers are supposedly so improved athletically, maybe they could've countered the fast break with a bit more, uh, effort.

Bottom line is, Nuggs had no Nene in the second half, and the Pacers decided to play "small" in a sense by neglecting the offensive boards. Just doesn't make sense to me.

tflo
02-11-2012, 10:07 PM
This is my condensed version of tonight's lost.
1. Wild, Wild, West, had a great game, should have gotten more touches.
2. Batman, excellent first half, second half completely disappeared.
3. Cream Puff, looked completely lost.
4. Wonder Boy, finally started hitting his shots in the second half, but a little to late.
5. Speedy, I just don't think he has court vision to be a top rated point guard yet.

Johanvil
02-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes, because Price can control if the other player runs into him. Price was looking the opposite way, and didn't even see him until half a second before he ran into Price. No unbiased viewer would blame Price for that.

Fair enough.I didn't get to see the replay as i was really angry with the missed chance to score easy points but please don't give me that biased BS.

Unclebuck
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I did. I'm questioning the point of sacrificing that strategy when the Nuggets were still scoring as easily as they did in the second half. If you're gonna lose, don't ***** out by sacrificing your identity. Plus, if the Pacers are supposedly so improved athletically, maybe they could've countered the fast break with a bit more, uh, effort.

Bottom line is, Nuggs had no Nene in the second half, and the Pacers decided to play "small" in a sense by neglecting the offensive boards. Just doesn't make sense to me.

What was the Nuggets shooting % on layups? Maybe 85%? So it was imperative that they stop the Nugs from getting fast breaks.

Why is that difficult to understand

kidthecat
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Just wanted to add, AJ Price is a turd of a backup. This again proves the Pacers need an actual SG off of the bench, because watching Price was about the worst part of tonight's ****-fest (and that's saying a lot). Get a legit SG, move Lance to combo guard (if Hill isn't reliable), and never play AJ again.

Justin Tyme
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM

With his head in the clouds, dreaming about playing in the Allstar game.

Koufos... oh please!

The Sleeze
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
This is what bothers (and worries) me the most:

L to Altanta (No Horford)

L to Memphis (No Randolph)

L to Denver (No Gallinari, No Nene for a half)

Its like we play down to the competition instead of taking advantage of the mismatches that the other teams injuries present.

Sookie
02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to add, AJ Price is a turd of a backup. This again proves the Pacers need an actual SG off of the bench, because watching Price was about the worst part of tonight's ****-fest (and that's saying a lot). Get a legit SG, move Lance to combo guard (if Hill isn't reliable), and never play AJ again.

lol

immortality

We never played small, the crashing the offensive boards was horribly failing, so the team had to change its plan.

What we really needed was for Hibbert to step up, he failed get into good positions again, the best counter-attack for Denver's offense is to pound it inside. It was working with David West when he posted someone up, but we really need Hibbert to score a few more points.

doctor-h
I said it last night and I am going to repeat it tonight. Hibbert is nowhere close to deserving to be an all star. Collison can't guard anyone or deliver the ball. Paul George needs to get under control. It would be nice to see Vogel make a strategic substitution instead of just going by the time on the clock. If Foster can't play consistently, find someone who can. Why would you try to run with the best running team in the league, especially on your fourth game in five nights. Can't beat a team at home that has lost some of their better players and was on a five game losing streak. The Pacers are not nearly as deep a team as they want us to believe. Hibbert is getting smashed in the mouth not doing the smash mouthing.

Justin Tyme
02-11-2012, 10:13 PM

The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!

LA_Confidential
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey look, our next starting point guard is playing. :happydanc

Unclebuck
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!

He's not going to pay back to back games

PaceBalls
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Yea Hibbert might be the biggest stretch at an all star bid in a while. I wonder if he would have made it last year if they only had 6 weeks to judge him on?

Maybe if he keeps playing really crappy they won't have to pay him a zillion dollars... silver lining?

doctor-h
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh and I forgot, what has happened to Hansbrough. He looks like he has not got a clue out there. He needs to get back to doing the dirty work and forget about trying to be a scorer. Score within the offense when we actually run it.

vnzla81
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
Details The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career

Ownagedood
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
This is what bothers (and worries) me the most:

L to Altanta (No Horford)

L to Memphis (No Randolph)

L to Denver (No Gallinari, No Nene for a half)

Its like we play down to the competition instead of taking advantage of the mismatches that the other teams injuries present.

You wouldn't think it would happen at the pro level, but it certainly does seem to be happening.. if that's the case its an attitude/mental thing..

I know playing basketball whenever I used to get a very favorable matchup against me (pick up games) I normally played softer. I was too nice. I felt bad for the guy if he was bad and didn't want to embarress him so I didn't play hard.. it resulted in some bad games and me feeling like an idiot after... now I take it and run with it.. its their fault if they put him on me, take advantage... would the Pacers be struggling with the same thing? :/ I hope not.

Sandman21
02-11-2012, 10:18 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career
1 minute ago

I don't blame him.

I'll also be critical of Vogel for the first time probably ever for pulling Danny at the start of the second when he was simply put, EN FUEGO. It knocked him out of his rhythm.

Nuntius
02-11-2012, 10:21 PM
A bunch of nobodies missing their two best players.

That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread (his name elludes me right now) said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.

D-BONE
02-11-2012, 10:22 PM

And don't forget the Grizz abused us forcing TOs early. Wade, LeBron, & Chalmers are just licking their chops at all the rips. Yes, all those squads specialize in pilfers, but does this say something about our ability to handle the ball, from our PGs on down the line?

Johanvil
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I'll also be critical of Vogel for the first time probably ever for pulling Danny at the start of the second when he was simply put, EN FUEGO. It knocked him out of his rhythm.

He played the full first quarter though as usual in a b2b game.In general i agree,he seems to stick to his rotations no matter what.

Sandman21
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't care if Danny played the entire first quarter. When you are hitting like he was, KEEP HIM IN!

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
Details The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career

All they needed to do was back door cut and they would sneak right by him, before he knew it the interview would be done.

Justin Tyme
02-11-2012, 10:25 PM
He's not going to pay back to back games

From the looks of it, he's not going to be playing many games period.

You and I both know his reb'n and hustle was sorely missed in this game. He could have been the difference in winning instead of losing. 31 rebs with only 6 o-reb... patheticly embarrassing!

gummy
02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
:confused: PG had shot 3-21 the previous two games.

Yeah, he was bad in those two games - and in one of them his defense was really bad too. :cry:

Johanvil
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't care if Danny played the entire first quarter. When you are hitting like he was, KEEP HIM IN!

Man i agree with you,Vogel won't change this strategy though.

AesopRockOn
02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Three game losing streak for the Pacers, then the Knicks extend their winning streak to five...I think we need to start rooting against Jeremy Lin.

D-BONE
02-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I would kill for Nene or Fareid or similar profile inside guy. Our bigs move like they have a ball and chain on their sneakers.

LA_Confidential
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread, LA_Confidential, said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.

Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.

MiaDragon
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I would kill for Nene or Fareid or similar profile inside guy. Our bigs move like they have a ball and chain on their sneakers.

and stone hands

Nuntius
02-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.

No probs. Thanks for reminding me who it was :D

D-BONE
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Where has the mental toughness gone? Where has the hard nosed team defense and rebounding (on either end) gone? Vogel was looking a little deer in the headlight-ish there down the stretch.

CJ Jones
02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
few thoughts...

- Croshere was off his mic game tonight

-our fast breaks offense is **** compared to Denver... Do we even practice it?

-West's ready to be the #1 option. Smartest player on the team... give him the ball

-Hibbert has butterfingers

-Does anyone else get annoyed when they play circus music during live action?

-TO's killed us... seemed like half of them were unforced

-Looks like the real Danny Granger's back... I liked the one from earlier in the year better. I think it's safe to say he's not getting the DPOY

-We need to compete harder because they took it to us tonight. Props to George Karl

... good news is I thought we only had a few players that played a well rounded game and we were still close, and West looks like he's back.

Cactus Jax
02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
This team looks so bad in back to back scenarios, it's going to be really bad whenever they have the back-to back-to back. Pacers used to the grind like Granger are doing decently with the schedule, but PG, and Hibbert are really struggling with all the games recently.

LA_Confidential
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Another thing. I've turned the corner on Dahntay. I actually appreciate what he offers to this team. Defense, hustle and enthusiasm are all good qualities but wouldn't it be great if he had someone else to shoot those corner threes?

ie (Missing George Hill)

D-BONE
02-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Two nice games from West in a row (sans the crunch time choke jobs, but it happens). One of the few trends from losing 4 of 5 that I'd like to see continue.

Bball
02-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not convinced the team didn't shoot its wad in Dallas and just needs a break to collect itself physically and mentally. We really played that game all out to win but then the team kinda gassed itself, lost a game or two they shouldn't have, and now it's a 3 game losing streak... with Miami up ahead. Which means even the extra couple of days might not be enough to stem the tide of losses.

But I suspect, with the All Star break coming, and this couple of days without games to get their legs under them, that the team will attack Miami much like it did Dallas as a statement game. So a win is possible... it's not like a 4th loss is a foregone conclusion.

CableKC
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not worried, I just think constantly playing playoff caliber opponents and the condensed schedule is catching up to us. I think if Vogel starts to intermix the back-ups with the starters more we will play better as the less tired legs of the bench can make up for the more tired legs of the starters in the hustle category.
I'm telling you, the # of minutes that the Starters are playing compared to the 2nd unit is catching up with us...especially in a tightened schedule with less and less rest inbetween games. The Starting 5 are playing double the # of minutes that the 2nd Unit is. Before anyone suggests that this is normal for any Team.......earlier in the season...the 2nd Unit played more minutes. Of course, having GH out doesn't help....but we can't sustain the Starting Unit playing 31 to 38 mpg for too long....which I can totally see leading to more injuries before too long.

rock747
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Just watched the replay of the game because i missed the game.... im so ****ing frustrated.. Great performance for a big home crowd.

BlueNGold
02-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I will take a 3 game losing streak just to beat Miami.

rock747
02-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I will take a 3 game losing streak just to beat Miami.

How about a 4 game losing streak to beat the cavs?

Dr. Hibbert
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Danny lazy on defense? SAY IT AIN'T SO.

(Though Danny is far from the only/main reason the Pacers lost tonight. Could just as easily say DC.)

Also, has Lou Amundson played professional bball before? His bio says he has, but I'm just not believing that.

xIndyFan
02-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm telling you, the # of minutes that the Starters are playing compared to the 2nd unit is catching up with us...especially in a tightened schedule with less and less rest inbetween games. The Starting 5 are playing double the # of minutes that the 2nd Unit is. Before anyone suggests that this is normal for any Team.......earlier in the season...the 2nd Unit played more minutes. Of course, having GH out doesn't help....but we can't sustain the Starting Unit playing 31 to 38 mpg for too long....which I can totally see leading to more injuries before too long.

:iagree:

this. 100 times this. pacer starters are playing over 30 mpg. roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30. much less with the compressed schedule. last season, DC wore down at the end of the season and without his quicks, he's just small. normally danny can play more min, but not this year. same thing for PG.

TheDavisBrothers
02-12-2012, 12:43 AM

this. 100 times this. pacer starters are playing over 30 mpg. roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30. much less with the compressed schedule. last season, DC wore down at the end of the season and without his quicks, he's just small. normally danny can play more min, but not this year. same thing for PG.

The problem is we are not blowing anyone out or getting blown out any games, a lot a games in the NBA this year are lopsided so teams can pull there starters, we haven't had that luxury...

graphic-er
02-12-2012, 12:49 AM
1. I would hate to think that Danny shooting better than 50% actually negatively affects his Defense. I mean that just sounds silly. But it seems to be the case. Its most perplexing. You know your playing Bad D with Brewer is out playing you. 5 TOs thats pretty bad, what happened to the Granger who would gun for a Defensive stop to make up for a bonehead turn over. Cause we seen that just a couple weeks ago. Where did that guy go. Did he all the sudden go in to Hibernation because PG started making all the defensive stops for us?

2. Overall the Defensive intensity on this team is non existent. What happened to being the aggressors?

3. No way Ty Lawson and his 5-11 *** should ever score 27pts on us. That is ridiculous. The first time Ty Lawson comes and jumps into me on a drive I would plant him so hard on the floor he wouldn't do it again. Vogel needs to go see his pusher and get some more tough pills for this group.

4.Lots of good teams has lost 3 in row this year. Heat included. So you are bound to have this happen, but my gosh I never thought we would look so soft while doing it.

lastly 5. This team needs to re-commit to playing scrappy Defense. Defense will always give you a chance to win the game no matter how bad you shoot it. I really think this team has been so concerned lately with scoring and shooting and how people get their shots and they have lost their focus. Coaching....

15th parallel
02-12-2012, 01:55 AM
The loss is really disappointing, but I'm still fairly optimistic at this point.

The Nuggets have been pretty good this season, so we should stop overreacting that the team that beat us today are a bunch of nobodies. There's a reason why they are one of the top offensive teams in the league.It was just a letdown that we played with their style and that just beat this team out in the end.

The problem right now, after the 3-game skid, is Hibbert and George and Collison are struggling offensively. When you're down with 1 key guy and the other 2 key guys are struggling, there's no way you can win easily against any high quality teams. They just need to pull themselves together and let the losses serve as a reminder that they are the important anchors right now.

Eleazar
02-12-2012, 02:18 AM
It is a good thing that this team gets two days off instead of only one. Give them a chance to rest, and be better prepared mentally and physically.

Hoop
02-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Nobody is getting mad at us for celebrating too much anymore......

Trader Joe
02-12-2012, 02:52 AM
I am not liking the return of emotional swing Roy Hibbert.

yoadknux
02-12-2012, 06:21 AM
I think D-West played really good. He has such sweet postup moves. He backs down and moves like a cat, it's really fun to watch. I think he had a really outstanding game.

Roy is still not tough enough. I really don't know whats going on with him, the same things happened last year. Roy started as our most important player and faded after a month. This time you can't blame it on a former coach. Hibbert just doesn't seem to match up well vs real centers (Noah, M.Gasol, Nene, Howard..). I hope that changes soon as most of us see Hibbert as our future center. I'm not really sure what's wrong with him though.

Collison played... ehh.. average, or below average because Lawson killed him.

Granger played bad. putting 18 in the first - that's OUTSTANDING - but that's all he did ALL GAME LONG. turned the ball over way too much. Played lousy defense. didn't box out. Was a ghost in the 3rd & 4th. I don't get it. Danny has the tools to be a good all-around player, and has been one in the past- even earlier this season! But he isn't one right now.

George played pretty well. It's nice to have such versatile defender, but I think he still needs more experience to become a really great defender. He knows how to defend guys that penetrate, but not how to defend guys that run off screens or shoot off the dribble.

Our bench played good as a unit. It gave us the early lead & AJ Price hit some nice shots in the 1st half.

Kstat
02-12-2012, 06:57 AM
3. No way Ty Lawson and his 5-11 *** should ever score 27pts on us. That is ridiculous. The first time Ty Lawson comes and jumps into me on a drive I would plant him so hard on the floor he wouldn't do it again.

:lmao:

You should try out for the pacers. You're obviously tough enough to play in the NBA, what with all the sissies.....

CJ Jones
02-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Hmm... you think they might of paid off the refs? j/k :D

I thought it was the right call btw. It looked like he picked him. Although, Brewer was flopping all game so you could be right.

McKeyFan
02-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Why was Danny mad?

I hope it wasn't because West was chosen to take the last shot.

CJ Jones
02-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Why was Danny mad?

I hope it wasn't because West was chosen to take the last shot.

Should be mad at himself, but I don't know. I doubt it was because of the last play. That's not really Danny's style.

doctor-h
02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
For all you dreamers who ever truly considered Granger a great defensive player. You don't become a great defensive player because you make 1 or 3 good plays a game. He is the same he has always been, lazy on defense most of the time and he loses concentration. He doesn't even lock down in crunch time most of the time when 1 possession can make the difference between a win or a loss.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2012, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=D-BONE;1372262]

Where has the mental toughness gone? Where has the hard nosed team defense and rebounding (on either end) gone? /QUOTE]

Excellent questions. Wish I had answer. This team started out playing smashmouth, and it has totally disappeared. They have quit doing what got them where they are. Why?

They have quit doing the basics and things that they were previously doing:

*"D" from everyone.
*getting the loose balls.
*Too much standing around gawking instead of moving and cutting to the basket.
*ball movement, making the extra pass to someone with a better shot.

Rebounding... 31 reb and only 6 OR last night. Nene left and against Koufos!
too much individual play... which includes almost everyone.
Not taking care of the ball... laziness.
Fouling too much... the last 2 games close to 30 fouls in each game.
FT shooting on the wane from earlier games.
Too much outside shooting, need more baskets in the paint.

*= most important things needing fixed.

Pacers shot 53% last night and let a team beat them when they were previously beating teams shooting 39% and less, b/c they were doing the things I outlined. They were playing as a team. You continue doing what got you the wins in the 1st place. They have quit doing those things, thus 3 straight losses.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2012, 11:52 AM

roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30.

Someone needs to send a memo to Foster he needs to start playing. There were numerous problems in last nights game, and the rebs stick out like a sore thumb. I said in the game thread that I felt if Foster had played the Pacers would have won. He would have gotten more possessions for the Pacers and the Pacers would have won. They lost by 2 baskets which Foster's reb'ing would have easily over come. Not to mention some "D" in the middle.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
The Nuggets have been pretty good this season, so we should stop overreacting that the team that beat us today are a bunch of nobodies.

Yes, Denver has been doing well, BUT they had just lost their last 5 games! They were w/o Gallinari and Nene went out of the game with an injury. This is just an unacceptable loss to me, especially with how the Pacers played.

Dr. Hibbert
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Someone needs to send a memo to Foster he needs to start playing. There were numerous problems in last nights game, and the rebs stick out like a sore thumb. I said in the game thread that I felt if Foster had played the Pacers would have won. He would have gotten more possessions for the Pacers and the Pacers would have won. They lost by 2 baskets which Foster's reb'ing would have easily over come. Not to mention some "D" in the middle.

He's just consistently going to. I have to think the Pacers just re-signed him with the playoffs in mind, otherwise it was a terrible decision on their end.

graphic-er
02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
:lmao:

You should try out for the pacers. You're obviously tough enough to play in the NBA, what with all the sissies.....

Oh come off it, you know exactly what I mean. :censored:

granger4mvp
02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
He's just consistently going to. I have to think the Pacers just re-signed him with the playoffs in mind, otherwise it was a terrible decision on their end.

Gotta make the playoffs first and I'm not sure this team will if the continue to play like the are