PDA

View Full Version : Why is the media so stupid

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 07:14 PM
I have been listening to the media on and off all day long, and the question I have to ask is why are they so dumb.

Do they really believe that the reason why Ron Artest did not play the past two games is because he wants a month off to made a CD.

Do they really believe that he asked his coach for a month off so he could make a CD. And are they really that stupid that the coach would sit him for two days for asking .

Is the media that stupid or does what Artest said make their jobs easier, it certainly has given them a topic all day today.

But the media does not even question the logic of what Artest said.

Let me get this straight, Ron goes to his coach, asked for a month off and Rick says no but we won't play you for the next two games. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE.

If you go to your boss and ask for a week off, does he say no can't have it, but you can't come in for the next two days and you get paid?

But the media has their story and it has served them well. I love how they are comparing what Artest said to what other athletes have said over the years.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 07:23 PM
You like to ignore what Ron says, but that is the nonsense story he gave us.

What would you prefer? The 'official' version is "A". I'm under the impression that whatever happened was truly 'behind closed doors'.

What else do they have to work with? Would like them guessing? There's no outward indication of an issue between Ron and JO, but that's plausible.

What did you make out of the shouting match between Ron and Rick during the Bulls game, UB? Just regular 'heat of the moment stuff', or is there something more to that?

The one thing that makes sense about this damn rap record is Ron's post-game interview with the Celtics broadcasters. It was wierd, and that's nothing new. But all he wanted to talk about was the new record.

I think the record, or retirement, or taking time off, or whatever, was probably something that was shouted by Ron at Rick in response to whatever the bigger issue was.

Vecsey seemed somewhat unsure of his source when he was talking about

Ah hell, one of our staff guys here just asked me for two weeks off because his rap album is coming out, and he's got these parties to go to...

I give up.

Dr Huxtable
This isn't even worse than what Spreewell said about not being able to feed his family on 10 million a year.

The thing that bothers me is that, from what I understand, that he didn't even ask Donnie Walsh for time off because of the album, that's just what he said in the press conference.

Also, the media is dumb. I have heard Sportscenter refer to it as a suspension. :rolleyes:

Mark Jackson is on Sportscenter now. :)

Dr Huxtable
This isn't even worse than what Spreewell said about not being able to feed his family on 10 million a year.

The thing that bothers me is that, from what I understand, that he didn't even ask Donnie Walsh for time off because of the album, that's just what he said in the press conference.

Also, the media is dumb. I have heard Sportscenter refer to it as a suspension. :rolleyes:

Mark Jackson is on Sportscenter now. :)

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 07:26 PM
To finish my last legit thought before I got interrupted...

I'm sure observers of whatever actually happened heard things about retirement, rap records, taking time off, and probably a new career as an astronaut, too. I'm just not sure that's the central issue. I don't think Vecsey thought his source was 100% confident, he was much squirmier than usual.

Southside_Pacer
11-11-2004, 07:32 PM
And what Artest said today to the news media doesn't make things better for him.

Summing what I heard him say on WRTV was that he is a grown man, with a wife, and four kids, and he's going to do whatever he wants to do, and usually what he does is right, so he says.

And as Dave Furst said about that:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

What other player in the league who aspires to be MVP brings so much on upon himself to get himself suspended? Isn't playing basketball his job? Doesn't that mean when he signed his contract that he gets payed to play basketball?

I'm sorry, what Ron does he brings upon himself. The media is doing their job by reporting all the crap that he does, unlike Ron who wants "time off" when the season just began.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-11-2004, 07:33 PM
The media is extremely stupid and gullible. Hell, maybe I am too. Yet, I have listened to the comments of Ron, I have witness his recent actions, and I have made my own decision. Larry/Donnie/Rick did what they thought was best. Something else appears to be going on--everyone is in the dark here--but it seems obvious Ron was undoubtedly in the wrong.

Hicks
11-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Why is it some people "never listen to what Ron says", and conveniently use that to deny this story? Ron's said this is what it was multiple times to the media now. If it wasn't what happened, then it was at least part of it. I can believe it, because if I'm Rick Carlisle, I'm insulted that your all-star wants a month off to rest and promote his R&B album. It's ridiculous.

roleplayer
11-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Heck, they even talked about Artest during college football 'Fact or Fiction' with Trev Alberts and Mark May on SportsCenter... he's sure getting good PR for his album. :D

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Hicks, I will admit that I did listen closely what Ron said last night, and I am 100% convinced that he is not telling the truth. Call him a liar if you want.

There is no way Ron asked off for a month to work on his CD. I am shocked anyone believes that.

Jay, I was at the Bulls game, but I missed it all, was not in my normal seats, sitting up in the balcony, and I did not see a thing

roleplayer
11-11-2004, 08:21 PM
If this is indeed a cover-up, and it may be, the person who decided "Hey, let's cover this up by saying Ron just wanted to work on his new album!" needs to stay away from making any more excuses. That has gotten 100 times more attention and ridicule than it would have just chalking it up as "disciplinary reasons" or something of that nature.

Dr Huxtable
11-11-2004, 08:26 PM
^^ Actually, I think that it wouldn't have been getting as much attention if the loss wasn't so bad last night.

roleplayer
11-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Ehh, maybe on the local Indiana stations, but even then I doubt that. I saw people on ESPN ripping him even before last night's debacle, I think last night's result has little to do with the controversy on the national stage. If the team fails everyone says "Look, he's costing his team a chance at a title", if the team succeeds without him it becomes "Hey look, they don't need the troublemaker." Either way what Ron said becomes big news.