PDA

View Full Version : Price to Pay for Pacers Jersey Cards

Steagles
02-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Alright collectors, I just bought a Jeff Foster jersey card and wanted to know if I got a good deal, and if so I will go back and buy more. I got a Jeff Foster jersey card and 4 90's card packs of miscellaneous crap for $3. Is that a good price? Thanks!

Sandman21
02-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't argue with a $3 price point.

Pacers24Colts12
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Where at??

neosmndrew
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Read this as AJ price having to pay for pacers jersey cards and thus causing controversy.

Steagles
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Where at??

4 Sharp Corners, a hometown place in Greenfield. Didn't see any other Pacers cards though. He has an OJ Mayo pack set for $3 and I plan to go buy that as well, and Colts jersey cards for $8 individually and Pujols for $10.

joeyd
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Haven't seen many Foster jersey cards? I'd have paid $3 for it! Curious to know what year it's from, and brand...

Paid $2-$5 on a few Paul George and Lance cards at the National Sports Collectors Convention in the summer and thought I got a great deal on those.

By the way there is a sports memorabilia thread in the Market Square forum of PD.

Deadshot
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Panini has made a bunch of jersey cards of him recently and they're still using up all of the old pinstriped stuff after all these years.

smj887
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I haven't collected any cards since the 90's, but I seem to remember jersey cards being pretty expensive back then. Did the collectibles market fall off that badly or do they just produce more of them than they used to?

Deadshot
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Mass produced

HC
02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I bought a Hibbert jersey/auto card on ebay a few years back for 7 bucks.

joeyd
02-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I haven't collected any cards since the 90's, but I seem to remember jersey cards being pretty expensive back then. Did the collectibles market fall off that badly or do they just produce more of them than they used to?

Yes and yes. However, autographed cards of major and minor stars generally are more expensive than jersey cards.

Sandman21
02-10-2012, 08:22 AM
and they're still using up all of the old pinstriped stuff after all these years.

This. I pulled a KG/JO jersey card out of the 09/10 Upper Deck set recently, and it wasn't Heat/Celtics jerseys they had used. It was STILL the Pacers pinstripes and an old-school T-Wolves jersey.

HC
02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
This. I pulled a KG/JO jersey card out of the 09/10 Upper Deck set recently, and it wasn't Heat/Celtics jerseys they had used. It was STILL the Pacers pinstripes and an old-school T-Wolves jersey.

That is pretty crazy, especially the Garnett T-Wolves.

Sandman21
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
That is pretty crazy, especially the Garnett T-Wolves.

I agree, especially since they were wearing the uniform of their then-current team in their pictures on the card.

HC
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I agree, especially since they were wearing the uniform of their then-current team in their pictures on the card.

Oh wow, that is even more bizarre. Wonder if there is any chance it is some kind of error card?

Sandman21
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
No because it says on the back that the game-worn jersey swatchs came from Jermaine's time with the Pacers and KG's time with Minnesota.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jermaine-ONeal-Kevin-Garnett-09-10-UD-Game-Jersey-/120560621399

Not the exact card of course (I think mine has a pinstripe on JO's side), but close enough.

graphic-er
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM
SO my question to you all is. Whom do you hope to sell all these jersey cards to in the future?

Sandman21
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't sell my cards. I've been it for the fun of collecting since I was 8 years old, even as the market started to price me out and ran me out of the full time collecting around 2000-2001.

Psyren
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Can you post a pic?

It cant really be a bad deal for $3 but it depends if its serial numbered as well

HC
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
SO my question to you all is. Whom do you hope to sell all these jersey cards to in the future?

No one anymore, it's pretty depressing. The value has pretty much disappeared. I have stacks of Shaq rookies, Iverson rookies..etc pretty much any big name in the 90's and all of it is worth squat. I'm just going to pass it on to my kids.

Psyren
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Autos are really the only things with value anymore.

My unsigned jersey cards are mostly just for enjoyment and itll go to my kids to enjoy

joeyd
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Autos are really the only things with value anymore.

The only things with value are the things that are worth keeping for me as a collector, and the items that I want to sell/trade to get money to buy more things that I want to keep.

These days, if I consider making a big purchase like an autographed photo or a jersey, I do consider whether my family could at least make back what I bought for the item if they had to sell it if I died. Strange way of thinking, I know, but it keeps me from breaking the bank.

Psyren
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
The only things with value are the things that are worth keeping for me as a collector, and the items that I want to sell/trade to get money to buy more things that I want to keep.

These days, if I consider making a big purchase like an autographed photo or a jersey, I do consider whether my family could at least make back what I bought for the item if they had to sell it if I died. Strange way of thinking, I know, but it keeps me from breaking the bank.

I agree.

I do sell quite a bit of my stuff, but the only items of mine that have 'High Value' are things that I'm not willing to sell, because they mean too much to my collection.