PDA

View Full Version : Are there still Pacers fans who want McRoberts back?

OlBlu
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't take much since he didn't play any minutes in the last game. Perhaps Lou or even a future second round pick would have him back in a heartbeat. Surely the D-league or Europe can't be far off. I did note that Matt Howard was cut by his European team. I recall that many fans wanted the Pacers to draft him or at least offer him a free agent contract. :cool:

trey
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't want him back. He was fun to watch while he was here, but I think Lou gives us what he did or at least close. Definitely not worth sending Lou and a pick to get him back IMO.

Dgreenwell3
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I really don't think he is worth it...Josh may be a better player than Lou but Lou gives us what we need, a physical forward or backup center...

Hicks
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't care.

90'sNBARocked
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
He has a warrant out of Carmel, he cant come back

Sandman21
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
http://www.bahrainviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

Infinite MAN_force
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/9/fdfa6d67-c386-4451-b331-27fb09352ea2.jpg

Justin Tyme
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Matt Howard was cut by his European team. I recall that many fans wanted the Pacers to draft him or at least offer him a free agent contract. :cool:

There are those always wanting someone from a IN college to be drafted or given an invite to summer league or training camp. Next draft will be loaded with requests for some IU player, and I had just gotten use to not having to hear that. :D

Naptown_Seth
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Age 64 - shouldn't you be trolling in your jon boat instead of online?

Retirement fail

Peck
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Oh how I fondly remember the core/bore wars of yor.:D

I was one half of the fabled pit bull team along side my brother Da Smash.

How have you been Smash, it's been a long time since we rock & rolled.

Eleazar
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes I would take McRoberts back.

gummy
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I like Josh. I was bummed when he wasn't re-signed. I especially didn't like the way it was all handled (if as reported).

That said, he isn't a big difference maker and we are at a point now as a team that we need to be setting our sights higher when it comes to making moves. Swapping Lou for Josh - I don't think we'd have any more wins or less losses. Josh is water under the Pacers bridge.

TheDon
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
trollolololol.....show him how it's done saruman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

gummy
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Ooops. Sorry. :blush:

RWB
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM

He just can't bring himself to come out of that shell.

imawhat
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Smash? I was thinking ALF68 and their many variations.

Peck
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Smash? I was thinking ALF68 and their many variations.

Not sure where ALF was from so it is possible, but this I.P. tracks back to good old Florida and in particular to the area my good friend Da Smash was from.

Lance George
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd take him back. He'd be a fine addition to the Mad Ants' bench.

OlBlu
02-09-2012, 03:42 PM

I am always amused that when I mention something about McRoberts, I am called a troll. How about all of those Pacer fans who were outraged that he wasn't brought back and thought it was a critical part of the Pacers team. They also thought he would be a primetime player in LA. Well, that just isn't gonna happen and excuse me if I take a great deal of delight in saying, "I told you so."

I took the stand last year that the Pacers should NOT bring back any of their free agents, even Foster. I was called a troll. I like Foster too but I pointed out that his back made is problematic that he wouldn't be able to play many minutes at a time and perhaps not very often. I still think the Pacers would have been better served to replace him too. However, I am willing to consider that if he can be healthy just for the playoffs, he might be worth having on the roster all year. :cool:

PR07
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I took the stand last year that the Pacers should NOT bring back any of their free agents, even Foster. I was called a troll. I like Foster too but I pointed out that his back made is problematic that he wouldn't be able to play many minutes at a time and perhaps not very often. I still think the Pacers would have been better served to replace him too. However, I am willing to consider that if he can be healthy just for the playoffs, he might be worth having on the roster all year. :cool:

Any knowledgeable fan knew that Foster wasn't really going to be a factor in the regular season, as the Pacers are clearly saving him for the playoffs (and did similar actions last season). I wouldn't exactly call that going out on a limb.

MillerTime
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes I would take him back to we could move him for Mayo

Asher99
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes I would take him back to we could move him for Mayo

I bet Memphis' GM is glad he didn't do that move any of the times it was talked about with Josh falling into DNP-CD world and Mayo being in the upper tier of bench scoring this year after a slow start.

imawhat
02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Not sure where ALF was from so it is possible, but this I.P. tracks back to good old Florida and in particular to the area my good friend Da Smash was from.

I'm having trouble remember the various names, but ALF also was the "war vet" on very tough times. He may have even been the same guy as "that's how I live my life now". Maybe Smash is the same?

*edit* just did a search on "vet" and "grandkids" and came up with another one of the aliases, Elgin56. I know there are more.

beast23
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't care.

Not only that, but does this thread not belong in the "Official Former Pacers Talk Thread"?

rabid
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
He may have even been the same guy as "that's how I live my life now". Maybe Smash is the same?

:laugh: Sassan? Wow there's a blast from the past. He had various usernames IIRC. There are photos of him on here somewhere, back in like 2004-05 I think.

beast23
02-09-2012, 05:24 PM
:laugh: Sassan? Wow there's a blast from the past. He had various usernames IIRC. There are photos of him on here somewhere, back in like 2004-05 I think.

Sassan was never really a Pacer fan. He was a Reggie fan and left / got kicked off the forum pretty much when Reggie retired.

vnzla81
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I dont want him back :cool:

Pacers13Colts12
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Sassan was such an idiot on here back in the day. Couldn't stand that guy. Go collect some Jermaine wrist bands.

J7F
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I am always amused that when I mention something about McRoberts, I am called a troll.

You are called a troll for many reasons... On here and Indystar... And you do a great job at it... You drove me away from Indystar because you hi-jack every thread on that site by turning every debate into a name calling session...

Naptown_Seth
02-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm having trouble remember the various names, but ALF also was the "war vet" on very tough times. He may have even been the same guy as "that's how I live my life now". Maybe Smash is the same?

*edit* just did a search on "vet" and "grandkids" and came up with another one of the aliases, Elgin56. I know there are more.
That Elgin/ALF dude hated me and followed me over from the Star forums. Man, that seems so long ago now. I put him on ignore to save people the back and forth aggravation. I love to debate different opinions, but that's not the same as feeding a troll.

And frankly pulling out an "I told you so" on McRoberts season so far given what Tyler, Lou and Foster have produced is pretty ridiculous. We couldn't sometimes use a strong offensive facilitating big man with hops? Please. Josh was replaced by Pendergraph anyway.

Josh struggled with an injury at one point, I don't know if it's still acting up or not now.

Winner
02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
No thank you. He can take his whiney butt anywhere but indy it doesn't matter to me

neosmndrew
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I have seen a lot of McBob threads since his departure, and I have had to think a lot about it before I posted anything.

Obviously, I think he is a great player on the court and on a personal level -- he did a lot more than just give my high school a little spotlight, but he helped me, as a high school broadcaster, learn a lot, even though I was at the time merely watching my brother broadcast his games, and I myself would do women's basketball instead of men's (BEST DECISION I MADE EVER.). I would love to have him back. He is an incredibly good "energy" player that could average 16 and 7 if he started and got significant minutes anywhere. He is a lot better than Lou, his replacement. That said, there is no denying we are a better team than we were anytime we had him.

On a purely non-personal level, I'm fine without him. He'd take minutes from Tyler, who I will admit probably has a higher ceiling, and would be forced to play center where he'd be overpowered too often. Personally, yes, I do want him back. He probably wouldn't recognize neither me nor my brother, but I would recognize him. He made growing up in Carmel worth it, and he made all the events of a few year ago hurt a lot more (seeing how far a program that successful can fall).

If the Lakers cut him and the Pacers picked him up, I would be happy. That isn't going to happen, so I don't think about it. But I am secretly a huge McBob fan no matter where he goes or what he does.

smj887
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I liked Josh a lot, but I don't think the team misses him that much. That said, I'd take JMac or just about ANY big over Lou. I liked Lou in the glimpses I'd seen of him in years past, but I haven't seen him bring anything to this team other than dumb plays.

OlBlu
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
You are called a troll for many reasons... On here and Indystar... And you do a great job at it... You drove me away from Indystar because you hi-jack every thread on that site by turning every debate into a name calling session...

I note that you don't mention that other people calling me names is what got that silliness started. I haven't done any of that here and no one has called me names either. I am sorry if I drove you away from there but you should have looked at who really caused the problem........:cool:

OlBlu
02-09-2012, 06:22 PM

By the way, on of the issues that started all of that name calling over there was McRoberts. I was never a fan of his and I said so. Some folks there thought he would be in eventual all star....:cool:

Sandman21
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I am always amused that when I mention something about McRoberts, I am called a troll.
I have an almost irrational hatred for an ex-Pacer (Troy Murphy) myself, but you don't see me creating a new thread blasting him every week.:dance:

For god's sake, LET IT GO already.:dance:

Trader Joe
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
You're my boy Blu. Don't you ever stop being you. I don't even want to hunt you, I just want to build you a bridge that you can live under with an internet connection and a cheap Asus laptop so you can make posts for my amusement.

cdash
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
You're my boy Blu. Don't you ever stop being you. I don't even want to hunt you, I just want to build you a bridge that you can live under with an internet connection and a cheap Asus laptop so you can make posts for my amusement.

He really is a treat. I'm all in on this guy. Keep 'em coming OlBlu!

MiaDragon
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I am always amused that when I mention something about McRoberts, I am called a troll. How about all of those Pacer fans who were outraged that he wasn't brought back and thought it was a critical part of the Pacers team. They also thought he would be a primetime player in LA. Well, that just isn't gonna happen and excuse me if I take a great deal of delight in saying, "I told you so."

Thats ALL you EVER mention. We get it you dont like him, drop it, let it go, grow up, just do what ever it takes to refrain from dragging the guy through the mud here its MORE than old. What did the guy to to deserve it? Play hard? Do what was asked of him? Its really quite sad, your infatuation with the guy.

Asher99
02-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I would love to have him back. He is an incredibly good "energy" player that could average 16 and 7 if he started and got significant minutes anywhere.

LOL Say what? Posts like these are what makes people like OlBlu post. Josh has a per 36 of 11.3 PPG and has scored 16 or better just 3 times in a game ever despite starting 58 games.

Last year 49 players scored 16 PPG or better and just 17 of them also added 7 rebounds a game. So if Josh could do that then he wouldn't be getting DNP's or even on someones bench he would be a starter battling to get a All-Star spot.

Roy has a per 36 line this year of 16.3 PPG and has a borderline unstoppable move. Josh has zero moves and has made just one shot that's not at the rim so to he could get 16 on average is out there when Roy isn't even doing it.

neosmndrew
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
LOL Say what? Posts like these are what makes people like OlBlu post. Josh has a per 36 of 11.3 PPG and has scored 16 or better just 3 times in a game ever despite starting 58 games.

Last year 49 players scored 16 PPG or better and just 17 of them also added 7 rebounds a game. So if Josh could do that then he wouldn't be getting DNP's or even on someones bench he would be a starter battling to get a All-Star spot.

Roy has a per 36 line this year of 16.3 PPG and has a borderline unstoppable move. Josh has zero moves and has made just one shot that's not at the rim so to he could get 16 on average is out there when Roy isn't even doing it.

It's probably the homer in me talking, but I legitimately believe it, even if the stats say otherwise.

cdash
02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
It's probably the homer in me talking

:ding:

BlueNGold
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
The troll count is up these days. I've never used the ignore feature but it's looking more useful...isn't it?

Anyway, I would love to see McBob back in Indy. I am not sure why they let him go...but he's a decent backup 4. He's a better player than Tyler is playing at the moment...and he's always going to be better than Lou. We didn't lose much when he walked, but we did lose a little.

spazzxb
02-09-2012, 09:03 PM
The troll count is up these days. I've never used the ignore feature but it's looking more useful...isn't it?

Anyway, I would love to see McBob back in Indy. I am not sure why they let him go...but he's a decent backup 4. He's a better player than Tyler is playing at the moment...and he's always going to be better than Lou. We didn't lose much when he walked, but we did lose a little.

Tyler has been coming out of his slump the last couple of games, if you didn't notice. Lou is also tougher and better on defense than Josh. Did you see Lou guard dwight Howard the other night? Where both Lou and Tyler are fighters, Josh is more likely to whine when things get rough down low. I think both Tyler is a better player, and Lou is a better Center than Josh.

Asher99
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Tyler may had a terrible run of 10 games but he didn't lose his spot in the rotation to Troy of all people, and even with that poor run killing his PER he's still far better off than Josh.

14.17 PER, 23.5 Value Added for Tyler
10.63 PER, -3.6 Value Added for Josh

presto123
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM

I still don't get that Lou singing? He plays hard he's just not that good. Josh brings more to the table.

Nuntius
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Surely the D-league or Europe can't be far off.

I doubt that Josh will come to Europe but we could surely use a 6'10" guy who can pass the ball well. He would be like Antić junior :p

I did note that Matt Howard was cut by his European team.

I'm a supporter of Olympiacos, Howard's ex team. While he played with us, he was not what we expected. The team expected effort, hustle and rebounding. The only things that Howard showed was that he is a good FT shooter and that he can hit the 3 occasionally. To be fair, he was not given a lot of chances though. I don't think he'd fit the Pacers, to be honest.

BlueNGold
02-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Tyler has been coming out of his slump the last couple of games, if you didn't notice. Lou is also tougher and better on defense than Josh. Did you see Lou guard dwight Howard the other night? Where both Lou and Tyler are fighters, Josh is more likely to whine when things get rough down low. I think both Tyler is a better player, and Lou is a better Center than Josh.

Perhaps guarding Dwight Howard he is a better fit.

Otherwise, I don't agree at all. Neither does the market. Josh is making 3M/yr. Lou 2.4M/yr.

BlueNGold
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Tyler may had a terrible run of 10 games but he didn't lose his spot in the rotation to Troy of all people, and even with that poor run killing his PER he's still far better off than Josh.

14.17 PER, 23.5 Value Added for Tyler
10.63 PER, -3.6 Value Added for Josh

You saying Jim O'Brien knew what he was doing?

...don't get me wrong...Tyler is the better player and I'm not dissing him.

neosmndrew
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
:ding:

At least I can admit it :D

gummy
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
It's probably the homer in me talking, but I legitimately believe it, even if the stats say otherwise.

Well. At least you can admit it, +5 to you. :cool:

Edit: Posted before I saw the previous comment. :)

Pacer Fan
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm glad he isn't taking our salary, he seems to be fine in LA.

spazzxb
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Perhaps guarding Dwight Howard he is a better fit.

Otherwise, I don't agree at all. Neither does the market. Josh is making 3M/yr. Lou 2.4M/yr.

Good for us. We don't need a perimeter oriented power Forward. I specifically said Lou is better playing Center. I don't want to tear down Josh, however I am glad he isn't backing up Roy. There were and are 0 pf minutes available on this team.

travmil
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
The troll count is up these days.

Yep. It will get worse as the season goes on. All the folks who went into hiding while the Pacers were down will come back to try to drag them down again.

Brad8888
02-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I would welcome Josh back in a heartbeat.

No one seems to remember that Josh was one of the best passers, if not the best, on the team, and that he played defense in such a manner as to back up our then weak perimeter defense. He was not being asked to be physical inside defensively or offensively.

That said, no, he never will be a truly physical 4 on either end, but he definitely brought a lot to the table, and could add quite a bit of versatility to what the Pacers currently have going.