PDA

View Full Version : My friends adopted and they need HELP

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
My friend Alicia recently adopted locally. The adoption agency and their lawyer took too long delivering paperwork to the birth father ( who was violent towards the mother during the pregnancy and is also in jail) is filing a paternity suit. They have looked for attorneys who litigate and everyone seems to be out of their price range ( they need about $ 20,000) They put a lot into the adoption so they are running out of options. If anyone wants to help or knows someone who can or has any advice, please contact me. This makes me sick to my stomach, she is such a great mom already.

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Looks like they are going to put an attorney on retainer and try to raise money. I will post a link as soon as I get one. Any help would be appreciated.

travmil
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
If the adoption agency made the mistake of not getting him the papers shouldn't they have some liability here?

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure. It's not that they were late so much asas the father is building a case that he wasn't able to make a timely decision. I'm not intimately familiar with all the details though.

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Changed the thread title to reflect current situation.

Dgreenwell3
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure. It's not that they were late so much asas the father is building a case that he wasn't able to make a timely decision. I'm not intimately familiar with all the details though.

Travmil is right in this case also seeing as his violence...he is a clear and obvious case of unfit father...

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, here is a link with a longer explanation and a place to donate. Please donate if you can afford to. Even if you donate $10 or something, I would be so grateful. Alicia and Tony are 2 reasons why I want to be a parent.

http://www.acharityproject.com/f/DonatetoHopeforMaddie

neosmndrew
02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Was the father released from prison? Most courts favor just about everyone over men with violence charges on them for a variety of reasons. I haven't really studied Indiana courts on this sort of ordeal, but just in general.

Pig Nash
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure, seems like the cost issue of the attorney (and they want this guy because they only have one shot at this) is the main problem, not winning the case. Though that may be just because they are focusing on one battle at a time.

Good news is that they are at 605 dollars and they just started today. Thank you everyone who looks and sees their story. Even if you can't donate, if you could share that link maybe someone else can!

Pig Nash
02-12-2012, 01:36 AM
An update. They are at 2164 of the 15000 they hope to raise. They also have their home visit so they are eligible for grants that may help them out. However, any little amount helps and if you can share this link on your facebook wall or twitter feed or any other forum where you're active that would be great. Thanks again.

http://www.acharityproject.com/f/DonatetoHopeforMaddie