PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

vnzla81
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Well just like the Orlando game our bench brought us back and Vogel decided to bring the starters back for some reason, like I said in the game thread, why not pull a Popovich and let the bench finish what they started? even if we lose at least to me it would feel better than losing the way we lost this game, frustrating. :censored:

Ownagedood
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Ppl plz stop hating on Collison.. dude is getting stuff done! Last night he put up 23 if I remember right.

Tonight? 9 pts, 9 asts, 3 TO.. that's pretty freakin good play.

Shade
02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Extremely predictable loss. On the second half of a back-to-back, on the road, against a good team that we blew out last time we played them. I would have been shocked if we had won that one.

BringJackBack
02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Can't wait for Hill to come back, and looking forward to seeing if anything is done at the deadline...

If we want to win games, we have to get the ball to our all star center. Period.

Shade
02-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Ppl plz stop hating on Collison.. dude is getting stuff done! Last night he put up 23 if I remember right.

People around here like point guards who can point. ;)

luis3ep
02-08-2012, 11:02 PM
the team as a whole played with no energy. The bench brought the team back twice from big deficits. whatev :thumbsdow

D-BONE
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Two straight games of very unbalanced effort, major droughts, periods of virtually no defensive resistance etc.

Hearing Quinn talk about the not wanting to lose 2 in a row. Yeah, we still haven't and it's a good objective, but you don't want it to morph into playing .500 ball.

Look it was on the road and Hawks wanted some payback, but at the same time, they were undermanned and we let McGrady unlock the fountain of youth and Pachulia look like an All-Star. So, just not a good performance.

immortality
02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Can't wait for Hill to come back, and looking forward to seeing if anything is done at the deadline...

If we want to win games, we have to get the ball to our all star center. Period.

Our All-Star in this game had great trouble getting into position. Just a bad game overall, I was hoping we would have gone small, and put West at C and Hans at PF, since they were the only ones having a decent offense.

Tracy McGrady outplayed Paul George.

Also George Hill in this game would have been nice.

Eleazar
02-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Well just like the Orlando game our bench brought us back and Vogel decided to bring the starters back for some reason, like I said in the game thread, why not pull a Popovich and let the bench finish what they started? even if we lose at least to me it would feel better than losing the way we lost this game, frustrating. :censored:

I hope he stops being so strict about his snubbing patterns. That was my biggest complaint abouts Carlisle, and so far Vogel has been very similar. Neither really took info consideration how a played is playing.

D-BONE
02-08-2012, 11:05 PM
I totally respect what DC has done on the offensive end. I still have not been swayed that he makes any consistent, significant defensive impact from the PG position. He's very ineffective getting through on-ball screens. Not good for your point.

BringJackBack
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
We need to stay positive regardless, we are 17-8, Roy Hibbert is going to be an All-Star, it was a back-to-back, and we are way ahead of schedule as far as growth of the team goes.

This just wasn't us at our best. What matters is the playoffs, and we have a trade deadline to improve the team as well as George Hill coming back. Let's get back on track Friday.

Asher99
I blame this game on Frank's poor advanced scouting. Duke and UNC are playing tonight so Tyler was going to have a good game but he gave him a season low in PT.

Ratking
The Hawks played at a higher level of intensity all game. When I saw our lack of defense in the first quarter, I was disappointed, but with this season's schedule, I know there are gonna be games like this. They cant bring it for 48 minutes every night. Defense was there at first, but the Hawks seemed to hit everything, and we didn't muster the energy to hold the line.

Also, we went up against a team that needed a win, and I'm sure they hold a grudge against us for putting their All-star center on the bench for the season after a great start to the year. They wanted it more, and we still made it a close game in the 2nd half.

Nuntius
02-08-2012, 11:08 PM
This was a bad loss. I hope that Sparhawk and that other guy who went to the game were not disappointed.

We had a chance to move up to the rankings but we blew it. Frank has to start believing in his bench more (and this is the only complaint I have about him). Other than that, a lot of things didn't work tonight.

I hope that our team and Paul George bounces back from this. The game is on the books now and we have to be ready about Memphis.

PS: Our back-to-back performances look shaky. I'm kinda afraid of the upcoming schedule as it is a back-to-back nightmare.

LG33
02-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I fear we'll lose the next one against the Grizzlies too. I'm not confident enough to make another guaransheed, but I'd be quite surprised if we won.

90'sNBARocked
02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
He gets stuff done occasionally. When he is "getting stuff done" its mostly his scoring. Most of his assists come from PNR , where West shoots a long jumper or Ty does the same . He just doesnt make players around him better. Iis hard to believe in NO, with West he average almost 10 assists per game as a starter. I know it might be irrational thinking, but I wouldnt be mad if we started AJ over DC at this point. If AJ were to get consistent time, and start, he would have more scoring options on the floor with him , and would feel less pressure to score.

Danny looks frustrated. I dont know if its because he cant get open, or they cant get him the ball in a good spot. Danny has a bad habbit of getting "lost" if he is not getting good shots off. This could actually be a good thing, if Danny would DEMAND the ball! Kind of like what J Smith and JJ did at times.

TY, welcome back. Still a black hole at times, but wish every player had your consistent effort

Nice switch by Vogel to sub DJ in for Lance at the end of third for defensive purposes.

Roy, speak up man, demmand the ball. He should have dominated tonight

This game was dissapointing for many reasons, but most all because the intensity wasnt there and it looked like they woke up late , made a run, then after the counter punch, folded

Ownagedood
Our next few games are very intimidating... hopefully we will be fully prepared and focused for them! Grizz, Nuggets, Heat are next 3 foes... all very tough teams.

BringJackBack
What I like about basketball is that you can pick apart the exact things that are hurting the team and work to patch those issues... Now that we have a coaching staff that the players believe in, we have adapted throughout the season to improve the team and hopefully transition defense is a point of emphasis like it was early in the season.

90'sNBARocked
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Extremely predictable loss. On the second half of a back-to-back, on the road, against a good team that we blew out last time we played them. I would have been shocked if we had won that one.

Shade , agree with the "they blew us out last time" , motivation angle

Back to back is irrelevant because Atlanta did the same

PR07
02-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Pretty much a schedule loss, Hawks are too solid of a team to not bring our A game. Unfortunately, looks like we brought our C game.

crunk-juice
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
who else in the league goes on more horrible (14-2, 18-4 etc) stretches than the pacers? seriously it's like there are one or two a night. just get absolutely pathetic on offense from time to time.

also we must be up there in "wide open 3s allowed"

Sookie
Defense and rebounding, something we are usually very good at, lost us this game.

No excuse for Roy to get pushed around as he did this game. And Frank needs to trust the bench more.

I'm not going to argue about our whipping boys again. But I'll just say this. DC won the game for us last night. He's improved significantly in a lot of areas, the pure point guard areas, from last season to this. Patience. And players don't always play well, especially young ones playing a lot of minutes.

crunk-juice
also, up to 8 schedule losses. thanks a lot NBA.

:rolleyes:

Ownagedood
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
PG was 1-8 and played sketchy defense... was he intimidated by Johnson?? Worst I can remember him playing.. good sign was his effort was there, he just was making a ton of mistakes.

Pacer Fan
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
PG was the worst tonight by far.
The defense on the perimeter was terrible.
Boxing out and rebounding was the worst effort I've seen since the Sac Game.
Danny had a good game, but he has to find his shot to get this team to the next level.
Danny was shooting flat and went 5-17.
Roy needs to man up and stop getting pushed around so much.

The refs s u c k e d!!!

joeyd
02-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Hearing Quinn talk about the not wanting to lose 2 in a row. Yeah, we still haven't and it's a good objective, but you don't want it to morph into playing .500 ball.

Yes, but I'd have no problem playing .500 ball against winning teams in road games.

Sookie
02-08-2012, 11:18 PM
also, up to 8 schedule losses. thanks a lot NBA.

:rolleyes:

Nah, only the Detroit, Orlando, and this game were schedule losses. (Although maybe Sacramento - only because it's possible the team was looking ahead.)

Ups and Downs are completely normal for a young team. It's going to be a rare night when Hibbert, PG, and DC play as bad as they did. If one of them plays well we probably win.

Asher99
02-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I fear we'll lose the next one against the Grizzlies too. I'm not confident enough to make another guaransheed, but I'd be quite surprised if we won.

We roll Memphis with ease if Tony Allen can't play, without his defense they have two of the worst starters in the NBA and a bench of Mayo and whatever Dante Cunningham can hustle up. Gasol will get his standard game so we just need to slow down Gay and Mayo from going off and we will be in great shape.

TheDon
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Some people put up some numbers tonight but just about everything anybody contributed not named hansbrough just felt completely hollow. Also I understand refs have backed off on letting Hansbrough draw these little cheap fouls but my god what does the man have to do to get a call? He's absolutely getting mugged him and Roy and there were no calls to be had. I hate to complain about that though because I'd rather us just be the aggressors and if they're going to play that way then just take it back strong right at them but the refs were pretty terrible tonight.

90'sNBARocked
02-08-2012, 11:22 PM
What I like about basketball is that you can pick apart the exact things that are hurting the team and work to patch those issues... Now that we have a coaching staff that the players believe in, we have adapted throughout the season to improve the team and hopefully transition defense is a point of emphasis like it was early in the season.

To a degree I agree with this , but bottom line is we are the type of team that needs to be firing on all cylinders. We dont have a Kevin Durrant, Monta Ellis, D Wade,etc, that can compensate for others and take over a game

Speaking of Ellis, and his 48 last night, if we could nab him without giving up Granger, that might be sweet

MiaDragon
02-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Did you actually watch the game?

Sparhawk
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
*sigh* First game in about 8 years and I got a total crap fest. Guys had 0 energy out there.

Hawks have had it pretty easy though. Home game, day off, home game, day off, home game, day off, home game...

Seriously, WTF!

pwee31
02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Team just looked out of sync most of the night. Really could use George Hill back, as Stephenson and Price do not fit together on either end of the floor, and both are shooting rather poorly from the floor.

Good to see Tyler getting back in the flow, needs a little help on that 2nd unit. I really like Dahntay's play off the bench this year. Not forcing as much on the offensive end, and digging in defensively like he's suppose to. Wouldn't mind him stealing some of Stepenson's or Price's minutes (Move Stephenson to the point)

It'll be nice to get Foster back as well, as ZaZa was the pest for the Hawks that Foster usually is for opposing teams.

Tough stretch the next 3 games. We could easily lose the next 3 as well. Have to dig in a play 48 minutes

Ownagedood
02-08-2012, 11:41 PM

Stats dont lie. 9 pts 9 asts 1 reb, blk, stl on over 50% shooting. Ill take that with a smile every night. Some ppl just cant be pleased.

vnzla81
02-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Stats dont lie. 9 pts 9 asts 1 reb, blk, stl on over 50% shooting. Ill take that with a smile every night. Some ppl just cant be pleased.

They are lying this time.

rel
02-08-2012, 11:45 PM
just got back from the Philips Arena :/
Definitely not the game I was hoping to see for a first away game for me.
They all seemed pretty lazy out there. And anytime we started to get somewhat closer, they'd bury a BIG 3 and kill whatever momentum we had.

Anyways, i'll leave you guys with this...
http://i.imgur.com/aQ9fw.png

let's just say Roy wasn't amused at all :P

Sandman21
02-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Sounds like an idea for payback on March 6.... :D

90'sNBARocked
02-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Team just looked out of sync most of the night. Really could use George Hill back, as Stephenson and Price do not fit together on either end of the floor, and both are shooting rather poorly from the floor.

Good to see Tyler getting back in the flow, needs a little help on that 2nd unit. I really like Dahntay's play off the bench this year. Not forcing as much on the offensive end, and digging in defensively like he's suppose to. Wouldn't mind him stealing some of Stepenson's or Price's minutes (Move Stephenson to the point)

It'll be nice to get Foster back as well, as ZaZa was the pest for the Hawks that Foster usually is for opposing teams.

Tough stretch the next 3 games. We could easily lose the next 3 as well. Have to dig in a play 48 minutes

Lance didnt take a shot tonight, but he needs the ball in his hnads to be at his best, not standing in a corner

CJ Jones
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Why can't we run a simple fast break?

Why does Lou shoot every time he touches the ball?

Why was George taking terrible shots?

Why'd Darren keep leaving Heinrich open?

Why wasn't Granger blocking out, or even trying half the time for defensive rebounds?

Why didn't Roy get more touches?

Those are just a few questions after tonight's game

The whole bench played well, but the starters got abused on both ends. Poor effort I thought 1-5, especially with their help defense.

vnzla81
02-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I hope he stops being so strict about his snubbing patterns. That was my biggest complaint abouts Carlisle, and so far Vogel has been very similar. Neither really took info consideration how a played is playing.

Don't get me wrong I love Vogel but damn, Tyler was killing it and he decided to bench him, even AJ Price was doing a decent job in feeding the post and stoping Hinrich and he benched him, Orlando and today were just similar games and he made mistakes in both of them.

HC
02-08-2012, 11:53 PM
no words just.....:puke:

crunk-juice
02-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Nah, only the Detroit, Orlando, and this game were schedule losses. (Although maybe Sacramento - only because it's possible the team was looking ahead.)

Ups and Downs are completely normal for a young team. It's going to be a rare night when Hibbert, PG, and DC play as bad as they did. If one of them plays well we probably win.

sarcasm

cramerica
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Kirk freaking Hinrich. The corpse of Tracy McGrady. Josh Smith playing out of his mind (including 2 3's).

We never had a chance.

On the bright-side, our power forwards finally played a good combined game minus the revolving door d that West plays. That was about it.

Asher99
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
D Jones with 4 starters don't go well as he was a -7 with them and just -1 with the bench. Frank ran DG33 into the ground tonight playing 39:21 and getting no rest in the second half.

graphic-er
02-09-2012, 12:00 AM
No effort tonight. I tought they had a glimpse there in the 1st qtr and to start the 4th.

So anyone think the Pacers should make a move on Jeremy Lin. DC +2nd? You know the knicks are gonna trade him. Thats what they do with all their good PGs.

Lin would provide plenty of effort.

rel
*sigh* First game in about 8 years and I got a total crap fest. Guys had 0 energy out there.

Hawks have had it pretty easy though. Home game, day off, home game, day off, home game, day off, home game...

Seriously, WTF!

where were you? I saw plenty of blue and yellow fans out there...I probably stared you down at some point lol

(I was the guy right next to the Pacers tunnel with the Reggie Flojo on)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394099_10150538193881953_544646952_9265433_6796590 58_n.jpg

pwee31
Lance didnt take a shot tonight, but he needs the ball in his hnads to be at his best, not standing in a corner

I'm aware, was just thinking in general. Pretty empty stat sheet for your backup guard tonight in 13 minutes. Hinrich and McGrady on the other hand, pretty much made the difference.

If the all-star reserves weren't in by tonight, than Granger odds likely got smaller (weren't big as is) but Joe Johnson and Josh Smith both played well against the Pacers and Deron Williams had another big game in the loss as well

Ace E.Anderson
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
It's games like tonight that frustrate a person. When we look good, we look great, but when we look bad, we look BAD!!

I noticed in the game thread that people were hating on Collison. I don't think he's all that bad, as much as he can be a bad fit for our starting lineup sometimes. We have good shooters, and a post player in our starting 5, but all 4 other starters play at their most efficient when someone else sets them up. Collison looks to do that some games, but if he isnt looking to score then he just makes the simple "motion offense" pass. He's never really looking to make a move to set up others. He could improve, but those are just my thoughts. He's certainly an upgrade over our past 6 PG's lol.

No effort, no smashmouth, we were just flat. I think it is abundantly obvious we need SOMETHING at the trade deadline. I'd hate to squander our fast start with .500 ball the rest of the season.

Also, whats up with Roy not getting early touches?

MiaDragon
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM

vnzla81
02-09-2012, 12:09 AM
No effort tonight. I tought they had a glimpse there in the 1st qtr and to start the 4th.

So anyone think the Pacers should make a move on Jeremy Lin. DC +2nd? You know the knicks are gonna trade him. Thats what they do with all their good PGs.

Lin would provide plenty of effort.

Lin for DC? :lol: Lin can make better passes than either one of our point guards but I'm not that crazy :laugh:

Asher99
02-09-2012, 12:15 AM
OT but did anyone catch the end of the Duke vs UNC game? That was a wild comeback finish with a wacky defensive tip in on a missed 3 and then a buzzer beater to end it.

CableKC
02-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Lin for DC? :lol: Lin can make better passes than either one of our point guards but I'm not that crazy :laugh:
I'd rather let Lance run the point to see what he can do before trading DC for Lin.

graphic-er
02-09-2012, 12:46 AM

Naw, I'm just kidding about that. We can just sign him in the offseason. He will be a FA.

CJ Jones
02-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Darren didn't play bad offensively, but I wouldn't say he was good either. It seemed like the offense was slow to get in to their sets all night. Then a few times he picked his dribble up on top of the key, which disrupted plays. There was the fast breaks that are becoming all too common, and are becoming a problem. Then there's the defense.

He wasn't the only one that had me scratching my head tonight. The whole starting 5 got whipped.

Hicks
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM

I'm not shocked that we lost. I'm shocked and pissed that we played like ***. It was embarrassing.

Trader Joe
02-09-2012, 01:28 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/c43/fc2/a57/resized/y-u-no-meme-generator-indiana-pacers-y-u-no-get-back-on-defense-0e54a8.jpg

PGisthefuture
02-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Losing to the Hawks and Magic still remain a problem for us and it's frustrating. We've got a few tough games ahead of us and while we have responded well in previous losses, we could see our first set of back-to-back losses against the Grizzlies. I hope I'm wrong, but the Grizzlies have been a struggle for us.

Bball
02-09-2012, 01:55 AM
At least we won the 2nd half.... Otherwise this would've been ugly... Or more ugly... or really ugly... or uglier...

Hoop
02-09-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm predicting our first 2 game losing streak. I'll be shocked if we beat Memphis Friday. I hope I'm wrong.

D0NT SH0OT ME
02-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Well, based on your guys posts, it sounds like if there was ever a game worth falling asleep during and waking up six hours later wonder what the **** happened that this would be one of em.

Asher99
02-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Bench players went 3-of-4 in the 4th and the starters went just 3-of-13. DC managed to go 1-for-1 among the poor starters numbers and found a way to get 2 assists among the 3 other makes in his final 8:59 of play. We lost the 4th despite members of the Hawks starting 5 making just 2 baskets and 7 points in the quarter.

BringJackBack
02-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Something that makes me feel better (Don't know if it should or not) is the way that Denver went down last night... Guess all teams are tending to be inconsistent like this, at least the ones on our level.

Asher99
02-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Something that makes me feel better (Don't know if it should or not) is the way that Denver went down last night... Guess all teams are tending to be inconsistent like this, at least the ones on our level.

They are without their leading scorer and starting center and have a few other guys playing hurt just to get by.

CoolHand
02-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Not me. I expect them to win. That's the difference between last year and this year. This year I go into every game expecting us to win. (obviously paraphrasing several players here - hopefully they practice what they preach)

Smits Happens
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Seriously, WTF!
My feelings exactly, except first game in four years.

just got back from the Philips Arena :/
Definitely not the game I was hoping to see for a first away game for me.
They all seemed pretty lazy out there. And anytime we started to get somewhat closer, they'd bury a BIG 3 and kill whatever momentum we had.

Anyways, i'll leave you guys with this...
http://i.imgur.com/aQ9fw.png

let's just say Roy wasn't amused at all :P

Sadly, Roy's reaction to the kiss cam was the highlight of the night.

MTM
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I know Atlanta won, but I would hate to be a fan of that team. There are good players on the team, but they are not a team I would want to root for. I am not sure what it is - I just really don't like them as a group.

Smits Happens
02-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I know Atlanta won, but I would hate to be a fan of that team. There are good players on the team, but they are not a team I would want to root for. I am not sure what it is - I just really don't like them as a group.

Apparently the people of Atlanta feel the same way.

Justin Tyme
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Sookie;1370009]

Defense and rebounding, something we are usually very good at, lost us this game. /QUOTE]

Yep.

Plus, the Pacers should have constantly exploited Hibbert's advantage. 10 points!?!?

I made a remark last week how terrible of a bench Atlanta had and then McGrady and Hinrich come thru for them. McGrady, oh please, he's like death warmed over. He doubled his points average. Hinrich just retuned from an injury. Good grief.

NO ONE SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND TO NOT LET THE HAWKS SHOOT 3PTRS. Prior to the game, Josh Smith had only made a 5-6 3ptrs all season, and I remember him hitting 2. I've witnessed other games the Pacers couldn't guard 3 pt shooter as well. The Hawks shot 21 3's hitting 9 at a 429 clip. It should never had happened.

Will Galen
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM

I agree. I didn't check anyone else, but over the last 9 games Granger is up 4 minutes over his season average of 33.3 mpg, which is also his career average. His high is 41:00, and his low is 35:34.

When the bench is playing well let the starters rest, this isn't like other years. You have to rest the starters when you can.

Having a deep roster is only an advantage if you use it to rest the starters. What's going to happen is the starters will start getting injured and then he will have to play a sub. It's better to play a sub longer to start with.

Unclebuck
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
The Pacers were really bad in the first half - that is about as bad as their defense has been all season and their offense was also terrible. The second half overall was pretty good - what we have come to expect from them this season, but you cannot expect to make up an 18 point halftime deficit on the road against a playoff team - that is too much to ask.

Justin Tyme
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Danny had a good game, but he has to find his shot to get this team to the next level.
Danny was shooting flat and went 5-17.

You are right as to Granger needs to find his shot as he's only shooting 37 % FG and 35% 3PT. Granger firey attitude needs to run over into his shooting. More shooting like the Utah 4th qtr game is needed. He needs to up his FG average to around 44-45%.

Justin Tyme
02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
It'll be nice to get Foster back as well

When is this mysterious sighting supposedly to occurr??? Hopefully, not like the migrating birds... in the spring.

Unclebuck
02-09-2012, 10:06 AM

I disagree. I like the type of substitution pattern Frank uses just as I agreed with what Rick did. I also disagree with your premise that they do not take into account how a player is playing - they do and if someone is playing really well they will stick with them a little longer. But at some point a player (especially one that isn't used to playing a lot of minutes) will get tired. if you bring in a bench player with 4 minutes to go in the third quarter I think it is unfair to expect them to play the next 16 minutes, especially if they are used to playing 12 minutes total for a whole game.

I also believe it is important to finish almost every close game with the same players. You need to build the late game chemistry. This is especially important if you expect to be a playoff team.

CJ Jones
02-09-2012, 10:24 AM
You are right as to Granger needs to find his shot as he's only shooting 37 % FG and 35% 3PT. Granger firey attitude needs to run over into his shooting. More shooting like the Utah 4th qtr game is needed. He needs to up his FG average to around 44-45%.

103rd out of 106 qualified players :eek:. When does this start becoming who Danny is? 25 games into the season and his % is dropping again, and has been for years now.

BobbyMac
02-09-2012, 10:31 AM
It a long season and we are going to lose a few games. Most people would have been very happy before the season started to win more than 50% of the games. Now, it seems, they feel we should win all of them. Good teams in the NBA win 50% on the road and 75% at home. We are going to have a good season.

Enjoy the games, celebrate the wins and forget the loses.

Sparhawk
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
where were you? I saw plenty of blue and yellow fans out there...I probably stared you down at some point lol

(I was the guy right next to the Pacers tunnel with the Reggie Flojo on)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394099_10150538193881953_544646952_9265433_6796590 58_n.jpg

Were you on the phone a lot. I saw an asian guy with a reggie jersey in the middle section, closer to the floor, but right next to the tunnels? I was a few rows back of him. I don't have any sports clothing's. I was just wearing a dark gray Banana Republic shirt. My wife was wearing a bluish-purple coat and was on her phone the entire game (she hates basketball :( ).

I was very happy I was closer to the Pacer's bench than I thought.

CoolHand
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
The Pacers were really bad in the first half - that is about as bad as their defense has been all season and their offense was also terrible. The second half overall was pretty good - what we have come to expect from them this season, but you cannot expect to make up an 18 point halftime deficit on the road against a playoff team - that is too much to ask.

Hmmm.... Utah did it. I think we're better than Utah, ergo we should be able to do it.

Sparhawk
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Hmmm.... Utah did it. I think we're better than Utah, ergo we should be able to do it.

Yeah, and Utah did it in like 5 minutes too. LOL

I don't know what it is, but the Pacers go through loooooooooong stretches without scoring. It's like if they miss 2 straight, they start pressing and then next thing you know they start turning the ball over more, there's less passing, and more contested shots (or bad shots).

I do think Vogel can do a better job with his timeouts to know when our guys are struggling out there and call a timeout to try to get them to calm down.

Our starters have to be playing too many minutes cause the last 2 games they just look gassed. Couldn't even get back on D last night.

Just an embarrassing performance from our starters.

Unclebuck
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM

who won the game though

threein73
02-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Smits Happens and Rel, Great meeting you guys! Rel thanks for hooking me up with Smits Happens and SH thanks again for the ticket!!

rel
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Were you on the phone a lot. I saw an asian guy with a reggie jersey in the middle section, closer to the floor, but right next to the tunnels? I was a few rows back of him. I don't have any sports clothing's. I was just wearing a dark gray Banana Republic shirt. My wife was wearing a bluish-purple coat and was on her phone the entire game (she hates basketball :( ).

I was very happy I was closer to the Pacer's bench than I thought.

Wasn't really on the phone too often. I was probably using my camera taking pics more often than anything. I guess I was the other asian with the Reggie jersey but in the very corner. That panoramic shot was my view of the game.

Sparhawk
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Wasn't really on the phone too often. I was probably using my camera taking pics more often than anything. I guess I was the other asian with the Reggie jersey but in the very corner. That panoramic shot was my view of the game.

Yeah, I saw a some Pacers fans standing by the tunnel trying to get autographs. I should have spoken up to see if anyone was from PD.

CableKC
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I guess I was the other asian with the Reggie jersey but in the very corner.
It's good to hear that I'm not the only Asian Pacer fan in the US.;)

vnzla81
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I disagree. I like the type of substitution pattern Frank uses just as I agreed with what Rick did. I also disagree with your premise that they do not take into account how a player is playing - they do and if someone is playing really well they will stick with them a little longer. But at some point a player (especially one that isn't used to playing a lot of minutes) will get tired. if you bring in a bench player with 4 minutes to go in the third quarter I think it is unfair to expect them to play the next 16 minutes, especially if they are used to playing 12 minutes total for a whole game.

I also believe it is important to finish almost every close game with the same players. You need to build the late game chemistry. This is especially important if you expect to be a playoff team.

Yeah I understand this, but don't you think that by doing this Vogel is pretty much giving the game away? as soon as he put the starters back in, they started to let the other team score non stop, he even called two timeouts and tried to regroup but by that time it was already too late, this is a short season, there is not reason to play the starters that much if the bench is doing a good job.

Unclebuck
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah I understand this, but don't you think that by doing this Vogel is pretty much giving the game away? as soon as he put the starters back in, they started to let the other team score non stop, he even called two timeouts and tried to regroup but by that time it was already too late, this is a short season, there is not reason to play the starters that much if the bench is doing a good job.

Without getting into the exact details, the Hawks brought their starters back in to so who to know if their starters wouldn't have had an even easier time scoring against our tired bench players.

Like I said I don't want to get into the weeds of last nights game per se, I'm talking more in general terms.

gummy
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM

I was leaning toward agreeing that Frank needed to loosen things up a bit (I don't think he is quite as clockwork as Rick was), but you made some excellent points, particularly in regards to late game chemistry.

Trader Joe
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
We are learning something, when Paul George has very, very bad games, it is nearly impossible for us to win if George Hill isn't playing or also doesn't have it going. We've survived some bad games from Danny, Roy, DC, and West, but pretty much any time George has a very bad game on both sides of the court, it doesn't bode well for us.

Sookie
02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
We are learning something, when Paul George has very, very bad games, it is nearly impossible for us to win if George Hill isn't playing or also doesn't have it going. We've survived some bad games from Danny, Roy, DC, and West, but pretty much any time George has a very bad game on both sides of the court, it doesn't bode well for us.

possibly, but I think you also have to take into consideration that DC and Roy weren't good either. With all three of them playing poorly, a loss was very likely.

picasso
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Man yesterday was a tough game..

It wasn't that we played bad. That loss was all the Hawks. Josh Smith went nuts last night. We would battle back. But there were 2(3's) from Josh and 3(3's) from Kirk that were absolutely daggers..

That is a 15 point swing right there. The Hawks just hit their shots at the end. Nothing you can do about that. The closest we got to them was 7. But those 3's were falling. Team played hard, we were simply not the better team yesterday. ATL was just on, lets not get dissapointed by this loss. This is a team who had both MIA and CHI on the ropes. But lost to them, but beat them the next time around..

Remember after that beating we gave them and Lance "show boating". They had extra motivation. Still proud of our guys. They didn't give up and kept fighting. It's all you can ask. I'm really liking DC these last few games. He is becoming more aggressive. He made Teague looks slow!!!! TEAGUE is fast very fast. DC attacks the rim like if he were shot out of a cannon.

I also taught that Price played very well in his limited minutes.

CableKC
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I think that with GH gone....it shows that our 2nd Unit isn't as deep as it should be. This isn't to say that our Starting Lineup isn't without fault...I'm saying that when we have seen the Starting Lineup struggle....the 2nd Unit has been able to step up to pick up the slack. With GH in the lineup and Hansbrough "beasting"....AJ/Lance/Amundson/Inferno could still contribute but didn't have to be heavily relied upon to produce at a high level. But after GH went down and Hansbrough struggling ( up until recently )....the 2nd unit isn't always "hitting on all cylinders" to produce at the same level that they were before.

McKeyFan
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Man yesterday was a tough game..

It wasn't that we played bad. That loss was all the Hawks. Josh Smith went nuts last night. We would battle back. But there were 2(3's) from Josh and 3(3's) from Kirk that were absolutely daggers..

That is a 15 point swing right there. The Hawks just hit their shots at the end. Nothing you can do about that. The closest we got to them was 7. But those 3's were falling. Team played hard, we were simply not the better team yesterday.

That's my take on last night's game. They were dependent on the three, and I'm not sure they win playing like that in a 7 game series.

Trader Joe
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I just don't think you can underestimate the impact Paul George has even if he is not scoring or putting up huge stats. Defensively last night he was really, really poor and when you combine that with his poor offensive performance. That is a huge amount of production/presence we can't easily make up.

ksuttonjr76
02-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't know what it is, but the Pacers go through loooooooooong stretches without scoring. It's like if they miss 2 straight, they start pressing and then next thing you know they start turning the ball over more, there's less passing, and more contested shots (or bad shots).

I do think Vogel can do a better job with his timeouts to know when our guys are struggling out there and call a timeout to try to get them to calm down.

^^^^^
THIS seems to be out biggest problem offensively. We have too many games where we have loooooooooooooooooooooooong stretches of no problem. What's makes it so bad and most times than not, they're mostly good clean shots. I swear that we lead the league in having the most stretches without a FG over 5-8 minutes. What I would like to see is Vogel call a timeout than have the team do layup and shooting drills during the timeout. Is that against the rulebook?