PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Ron Artest Story Behind the Smokescreens???

ARTESTMVP
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
From indystar.com forums:

The current story that Artest is telling everyone is supposedly BS. Rick Bucher on ESPN Radio Gamenight, said its a smoke screen. The real situation involves Artest and O'neal 2 games ago. He never went into specifics, but said he had 2 separate sources tell him the same thing. I know Artest isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but this would make alot more sense.

sweabs
11-11-2004, 06:08 PM
If that is true - then Jay nailed it on the head. And we're all sick of getting lied to.

If the situation involves Artest and O'Neal, how does that make things any better?

ARTESTMVP
11-11-2004, 06:11 PM
If that is true - then Jay nailed it on the head. And we're all sick of getting lied to.

If the situation involves Artest and O'Neal, how does that make things any better?

It doesn't....but it makes more sense than Ron asked for a month off for a rap album...either this or he also probably had problems at home.

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Anyone who believes Ron's story is not thinking right.

SoupIsGood
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
I really don't care what the actual story is, the fact is, he did something to get benched for 2 games so far. He screwed up again and I'm sick of it. Boot his *** out.

ARTESTMVP
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I really don't care what the actual story is, the fact is, he did something to get benched for 2 games so far. He screwed up again and I'm sick of it. Boot his *** out.

then boot our championship out.

SoupIsGood
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM

then boot our championship out.

What makes you think Ron will win us one?

According to these stories, Ron either A) wanted to quit on the team, or B) is fueding with our top player.

You tell me how that wins us a championship. And even if Ron is okay the rest of this year, we're at best the third-best team in the league. A championship isn't that likely either way.

ARTESTMVP
11-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Soup: The Pacers are one of the favorites for an NBA Title with all our players healthy. Ron will help us win one. This issue will die down and Ron will prove everyone wrong and play better than before. Here is a great post on indystar.com:

ARTESTMVP,

You hit the crust of the matter right on the head when you said

DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is a player that could win us a championship. But it all comes down to having a legitimate shot with ron----or as I read some where in this thread and Kravitz article today. I'd rather miss the playoffs than put up with Ron's theatrics.

ARTESTMVP, your anaysis of Ron's skills says that you think he could become one of those special players that only come along every once in a while. And I'll say that Ron could have Jordan type impact on a game. But it would be completely different than Jordan's game. He doesnt have the spactacular game like Jordan. I think Ron can barely dunk. And that scaes me some time when he tries one of those thunder dunks. His hand seems to be just above the rim and he almost seriously hurt it last year on the rim.

When you can jump like jordan and lebron you can hang in the air and do acrobatic stuff and twist and turn. Ron will never make the highlight film.
But he comes at you for 48 min on D, he defends with the heart of a warrior all over the court. He's relentless. When you have a guy on your team like Ron you have to play harder out. His example makes the players around him come with the same type of intensity. He comes at you in your face, no gimmicks, no trash talking, he just keeps coming.

And now he has transformed it to the other end of the court on offense. He just takes the ball and keeps coming at you. He shoots some jumpers now and then and 3s. But basically he pounds the ball at the teeth of the defense. Look at the double teams they send at him plus they'll run somebody at him. This makes the other pacers better. The pacers could get along without Ron in the short term for 10 or so games because what he brings is still a part of the team's chemistry. But look out over 30 or 40 games.

So like you said, you either put up with Ron's volatility, he is definitely not a player for the faint of heart, because you think he can bring you a championship this year. Or you sit at home with your integrity.

SoupIsGood
11-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Soup: The Pacers are one of the favorites for an NBA Title with all our players healthy. Ron will help us win one. This issue will die down and Ron will prove everyone wrong and play better than before. Here is a great post on indystar.com:

All our players are never healthy, because Ron is mentally ill. We may be one of the favorites, but I remain unconvinced we could beat Detroit or San Antonio in a seven games series.

As for the other posts, If I wanted to read those, I would probably go to that forum. From skimming through, they didn't seem that relevant.

sweabs
11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
One thing is for sure.

Whether it was intended or not - this has been a pretty sucessful publicity stunt thus far for Artest.