PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Sightings at the Game

joeyd
02-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Should be a boatload of celebs and athletes at the Orlando game tonight. Not counting those that were simply shown on the jumbotron, who did you see or have an interaction with at the Feb. 4 Orlando game or the Jan. 31 Nets game?

I'll start it off with a minor brush with greatness. Leaving BLF after the Nets game, my wife spotted and was taking a picture of Kevin Frazier from TV's Insider. He saw her and motioned to her to come over and then posed with her for a picture. Very nice guy!

Anyone else?

PacerPenguins
02-04-2012, 03:27 PM
im in section 5 row 12...hoping i get lucky and some1 famous sits next to me....

The Sleeze
02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
im in section 5 row 12...hoping i get lucky and some1 famous sits next to me....

You're in luck, Bruce Vilanch is in Section 5, row 12 as well.

http://www.rjprod.com/brucevilanch/headshot.jpg

PacerPenguins
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM

:disturbed

idioteque
02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
:disturbed

Tell him you've come to collect bounty on a Wookie and you'll have a fun time talking all night.

vnzla81
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I had Maurice Drew Jones in front of me while I was entering the fieldhouse at the Nets game but didn't recognize him because I didn't know he was that small :blush:

able
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
avoid the toilets at all cost!

rel
02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
here's an image from the Fieldhouse's Twitter

https://p.twimg.com/Ak18cr_CMAEE5ME.jpg

looks like a BIG crowd! We better give them a good show!!!

TheDon
02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I had Maurice Drew Jones in front of me while I was entering the fieldhouse at the Nets game but didn't recognize him because I didn't know he was that small :blush:

That's almost as cool as sitting behind Maurice Jones-Drew

2minutes twoa
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Not at the game, but ran into Kevin from The Office in Super Bowl Village! :)

ECKrueger
02-05-2012, 12:34 AM
That's a really small picture, but sweet.

PacerPenguins
02-05-2012, 12:38 AM
i meet Lovie Smith at St Elmos

joeyd
02-05-2012, 12:50 AM
I saw former senator Evan Bayh at the game.

vnzla81
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
50 cents and Mayweather were at the game today, they have some huge bodyguards.

PGisthefuture
02-05-2012, 01:11 AM

I didn't even see bodyguards, you sure you weren't just looking at them?

Ownagedood
02-05-2012, 01:12 AM

Never understand why ppl like that think they need big bodyguards..

One guy is possibly the best boxer in the world, the other is a very large man.

vnzla81
02-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Never understand why ppl like that think they need big bodyguards..

Mayweather looks like a little person to me and 50 cents is not that big either, also remember that 50 cents got shot for some reason, of course he needs bodyguards.

vnzla81
02-05-2012, 01:43 AM
I didn't even see bodyguards, you sure you weren't just looking at them?

Oh yeah he had a huge bodyguard next to him and two more that came with them, they had a big group of people too, they all had the same jackets.

joeyd
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
What do they think is going to happen to them during a Pacers game that PG & E security can't handle? Even the bodyguards won't be able to prevent a player from barreling into a celeb. I think that's the most likely way that a celeb gets "accosted" at something like this. I mean, the ushers are pretty good at getting people help pretty fast.

IUfan4life
02-05-2012, 01:59 AM
What do they think is going to happen to them during a Pacers game that PG & E security can't handle? Even the bodyguards won't be able to prevent a player from barreling into a celeb. I think that's the most likely way that a celeb gets "accosted" at something like this. I mean, the ushers are pretty good at getting people help pretty fast.

Or maybe they bought tickets for their bodyguards?

CreekShow
02-05-2012, 02:08 AM

Lol

What do they think is going to happen to them during a Pacers game that PG & E security can't handle?

I think its more like, Im so important or famous I need to feel like I NEED body guards. Seems like an image more than anything

Sandman21
02-05-2012, 02:09 AM
What do they think is going to happen to them during a Pacers game that PG & E security can't handle?
Can't exactly blame Fiddy for being too careful... I'm pretty sure he's used 8 of his 9 lifes.;);)

spazzxb
02-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Never understand why ppl like that think they need big bodyguards.'body guard.

50 cent did get shot like 7 times, although rappers like to run in pacts so they might not have been "body guards" .

I thought it was funny how badly Mayweather got booed. Didn't know boxing was still that mainstream. He is arguably the best boxer in the world, but he fights at like 145 pound(and mostly wins decisions).

supposedly, Adam Sandler was with one of his happy Madison buddies in a box right behind section 104. There were stalkers camping at the entrance and people were talking about it, however I didn't actually see him.

I also saw Hines Ward using his cellphone on the NFL network set in the NFL experience.

Biggest of all, I met retro Elpacero in his leisure suit, however he doesn't know he met me. (BTW all the area 55 people i chatted with seemed like pretty nice people.)

Sandman21
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM
supposedly, Adam Sandler was with one of his happy Madison buddies in a box right behind section 104.
He was in the Fieldhouse earlier in the day. He played a pickup game on the practice court.

aceace
02-05-2012, 02:23 AM
I was on row 3 and sat between Kim Kardashian and Drew Barrymore.... anybody know who won tonight.

joeyd
02-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Or maybe they bought tickets for their bodyguards?

I'd think that either way, they bought tickets for their body guards. Nice gesture if they were on their own time though.

joeyd
02-05-2012, 02:37 AM
supposedly, Adam Sandler was with one of his happy Madison buddies in a box right behind section 104. There were stalkers camping at the entrance and people were talking about it, however I didn't actually see him.

Yeah, an Area55er reported this too, and said he was in a suite with some folks who were working on his next movie.

Foul on Smits
02-05-2012, 02:39 AM
I was on row 3 and sat between Kim Kardashian and Drew Barrymore.... anybody know who won tonight.

Plastic surgery

PGisthefuture
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM

Drew Barrymore isn't even that great looking. :p

pacerwaala
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
50 cent is an a...hole. After Mayweather got interviewed by the Pacers reporter (lady) in the Orlando Indiana game, she was trying to interview him. He coldly brushed her off saying soemthing to the tune of "don't bother me"or something.

I felt bad for the lady reporter on Fox sports midwest.

Ownagedood
02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
50 cent is an a...hole. After Mayweather got interviewed by the Pacers reporter (lady) in the Orlando Indiana game, she was trying to interview him. He coldly brushed her off saying soemthing to the tune of "don't bother me"or something.

I felt bad for the lady reporter on Fox sports midwest.

Nah I don't blame him.. he said something along the lines of I'm into the game or I'm concentrating on the game.. don't blame him. And he didn't make that up, I was watching him from time to time during Mayweathers interview and he was following the game closly, not even paying attention to floyd talking to Brooke.

Pacergeek
02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm sure you meant this as humor but this was a little much

vnzla81
02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Really? :rolleyes:.................................... :growup:

TheDon
02-05-2012, 12:17 PM

not sure why but this post and idioteque's post had me rollin with laughter for a at least 5 minutes.

pacer4ever
02-05-2012, 03:13 PM
i meet Lovie Smith at St Elmos

Im jealous Lovie is my fav teams coach wish I would of been there. I saw Cooper and Payton's agent at St Elmos the other day though lol.

idioteque
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM

No bull****?

idioteque
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Lol

I think its more like, Im so important or famous I need to feel like I NEED body guards. Seems like an image more than anything

I think this is true. Two years ago, Allen Iverson and Kevin Durant came into the store where I used to work. Washed up Iverson had bodyguards, Durant who was a rising star then and is especially well known in this area was by himself. Reflective of their personalities I think.

indygeezer
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Tebow at St Elmo's

aceace
02-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Drew Barrymore isn't even that great looking. :pWhat have you been smoking.

Naptown_Seth
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
What section? I can't believe I didn't notice that.

Bill Simmons, Joe House and whoever else was with them had front row baseline on the Pacers end right under the basket.

Despite how much some of you dislike Bill (I have no idea why, I love his b-ball interest) all 3 of them were rather actively cheering for the Pacers. Bill has said he liked the roster and thinks they are a solid 4-5 seed type of team, and that's prior to the season.

He gets these groups of guys he likes, like OKC, and he clearly roots for them. He's like a lot of us that love our team but appreciate good ball in general.

I got a nice photo of Best, McKey and Croshere in a Finals era Pacers reunion. :)

Didn't notice 50, I think Peck told me later, and I had him in some photos even and was trying to spot stars. Yeesh.

Haywoode Workman
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
What section? I can't believe I didn't notice that.

Bill Simmons, Joe House and whoever else was with them had front row baseline on the Pacers end right under the basket.

Despite how much some of you dislike Bill (I have no idea why, I love his b-ball interest) all 3 of them were rather actively cheering for the Pacers. Bill has said he liked the roster and thinks they are a solid 4-5 seed type of team, and that's prior to the season.

He gets these groups of guys he likes, like OKC, and he clearly roots for them. He's like a lot of us that love our team but appreciate good ball in general.

I got a nice photo of Best, McKey and Croshere in a Finals era Pacers reunion. :)

Didn't notice 50, I think Peck told me later, and I had him in some photos even and was trying to spot stars. Yeesh.

i feel like every time simmons is mentioned on this board, a "i know he's disliked here" disclaimer is included, but i rarely see anyone talk bad about him. bill's the only thing i like about espn, i'm not sure why he sticks around here.

who doesn't like the sports guy? and if not, do you mind explaining why?

MyFavMartin
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Nah I don't blame him.. he said something along the lines of I'm into the game or I'm concentrating on the game.. don't blame him. And he didn't make that up, I was watching him from time to time during Mayweathers interview and he was following the game closly, not even paying attention to floyd talking to Brooke.

Think they were impressed by PG, who was making some very nice plays?

Naptown_Seth
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
BTW, 50 might have been following it when he was there, but that row sat empty for a LONG time before either he or Merryweather came to the seats. Those are Pacers seats as far as I can tell because they often end up with celebrities in a way that seems tied to the Pacers.

NFL teams that are in town, for example. I think when the American Idol tour was in town they sat in that row.

Now they might have been in whichever suite before the game. Also, apart from Simmons and gang who went out by the BLR, I think most of the other major stars were coming and going by the visitors tunnel and the back hallways to the FedEx level in the tunnel that runs under the stands opposite the benches (ie, not the locker room side).

I saw tons of people go down that tunnel via the door over by the "hidden" bathroom, the one down the tunnel opposite the player entrance.

Haywoode - you are probably right, and I probably get Colts whiners or people I know in person mixed up with Pacers fans. To me Bill S and Reusillo are the two best NBA guys ESPN has, the guys that actually watch tons of ball and not just the stars.

MyFavMartin - I definitely think they were impressed. Obviously they were enjoying the game Hans was having, but I felt like they were reacting more to some of what Paul would do, or almost do.

I don't think Bill has done any comments since the game (though he must have been TXT/Tweet the entire game based on his IPhone usage) but I bet we see lots of PG love going forward, and why not if he keeps this up.

One other thing about Bill - those guys DID NOT MOVE EVER. I mean none of the usual star/rich "fan" effort which involves sitting in BLR for half the 3rd, and who knows where aimless disappearances for big chunks of game. I don't think Bill or House even hit the restroom, not even at halftime.

Dave Benner came over and talked to them a bit, and he was making the rounds with all the celebs as he was obviously checking on their needs, etc. But other than that it was nothing but dialed in viewing of the game, fully involved and reacting quite a bit in the Pacers favor down the stretch.

They wanted them to win and they didn't leave till the buzzer sounded.

So as Haywoode says, I love the guy and that's one of the main reasons.