PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what you know now, would you trade Ron for Peja?

Shade
11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Time to revisit this. :devil:

sweabs
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Ugh...I'm a flip flopper.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 01:51 PM
I would've done it based on what I knew in June.

indygeezer
11-11-2004, 01:53 PM
cosign

Slick Pinkham
11-11-2004, 01:54 PM
that's like the test at Georgia where the coach asked how many points a 3-pointer is worth.

Easy question.

In a millisecond.

New avatar in honor of Ron.

Granville
11-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Yes this summer, yes now.

Hicks
11-11-2004, 02:04 PM
I believe Peja's talent/game minus Ron's issues/distractions is better for the team than Ron's talent/game plus Ron's issues/distractions.

So yes.

To me it all comes down to Sacramento. I'm positive Walsh and Bird will do it. It's just a matter of if Sacramento would, and I'm almost hoping that soon they'll realize Peja isn't going to "get over it", they'll give up and do this deal because they won't get anyone near Ron's level in return from anyone else.

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 02:11 PM
No I would not do it.

But please sonmeone tell me "what we know now?

All I know is that Carlisle has not pl;ayed Artest the past two games

Suaveness
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
NO NO NO NO NO.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 02:21 PM
No I would not do it.

But please sonmeone tell me "what we know now?

All I know is that Carlisle has not pl;ayed Artest the past two games

Assume Ron's explanation is the whole story, and there still isn't a bunch more to it.

Harddrive7
11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Suave, UB, what in the world else does this guy have to do to convince you that he is a distraction to this team? You mean to tell me that you wouldn't take Peja's offense compared to the problems that Ron is obviously bringing to this team?

His off the court actions are ONCE again interfering with his being on the court. It's causing turmoil within the organization reagrdless of the nice spins that DW and Rick are putting on this.

This in no way can be good for the future of our team.

debohstheman
11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
i agree with Uncle Buck.....

who gives a **** the guys a nut case.....let him play...and just ignore all of his distractions....

if he comes and asks for a month off...tell him, ill give you 2 days off...and then keep going...

hes too good of a player and competitor....

sweabs
11-11-2004, 02:27 PM
hes too good of a player and competitor....

Competitor.......
Now I just question how dedicated he is to winning at all...

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
You guys act like he's freaking Michael Jordan.

He's a third-team all-NBA player only when he can stay focused for an entire season. And who knows if that will ever happen again?

He's not *that* great. He's not even the best player on the team. :rolleyes:

Southside_Pacer
11-11-2004, 02:38 PM

He's a third-team all-NBA player only when he can stay focused for an entire season. And who knows if that will ever happen again?

Agreed. And stuff like this from Ron over and over and over again will always prevent him from being "the man" on this team.

JO has earned that right by being pretty mature for his age most of the time, where you just never know when the hamster is going to fall off the wheel in Ron's brain.

Granville
11-11-2004, 02:54 PM

I agree Jay. I'm still dumbfounded as to how the Pistons could manage to win a title without him.

spelling

McKeyFan
11-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Artest is my favorite Pacer. By far. Has been since we got him.

That said: Yes, I would make the trade.

I said no all summer. But all this reveals a serious problem that a Peja would not thrust on the team.

However, my heart says maybe Rick and Larry's tough love will finally win the day and the worst is over.

sig
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM
I'd trade Ron for Peja though I think Peja is quite overrated. Peja is not a very good defender and disappears in big games. But there are not many/if any better shooters. Almost a Rich man's Wally world.

Trace
11-11-2004, 03:24 PM
>Re: Knowing what you know now, would you trade Ron for Peja?

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then"....
-Bob Seger "Against the Wind"

:laugh:

Anthem
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
UB said what I was going to.

What do we know now? Nothing. There's three conflicting stories out there, and probably none of them are true. People are latching onto one or the other, but I don't yet believe we have any information that I'm comfortable basing a decision on.

Anthem
11-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I'd trade Ron for Peja though I think Peja is quite overrated. Peja is not a very good defender and disappears in big games. But there are not many/if any better shooters. Almost a Rich man's Wally world.

Wally makes twice as much as Peja.

Trace
11-11-2004, 03:42 PM
What we do know is that 3 games into the season Ron got 2 DNP-CD's for conduct detrimental to the integrity of the team, at a difficult time when the team needed him to step up and carry it on his back.

What we don't know is the exact circumstances that led to this conduct. Whatever they may be, the results are disappointing, especially given Ron's history, don't you think?

EDIT: Okay, JO was back, so maybe he didn't have to carry the team, but with all the injuries, we sure didn't need him missing 2 games right now.

stipo
11-11-2004, 04:03 PM
The turmoil is all outside the organization from what I can tell. Ron is about 5 degrees off center, I think most everyone can admit to that, just ignore what he says. He talks crazy-talk, OK? If you are listening to him, just stop it already! I've heard not one anonymous team member complain. NOT ONE!
If there is a big problem within a team, friction I mean, it always leaks out, and there has been no leakage (if that is a word). I'm sure there are some lizards in the sales department telling their buddies at the bar some stories, but I'm waiting for player or coach quotes. Because those are the only opinions that matter. Not ours. Not Kravits. Not some talking head on cable that doesn't get to Indy but once or twice a year, if that often.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 04:04 PM
UB said what I was going to.

What do we know now? Nothing. There's three conflicting stories out there, and probably none of them are true. People are latching onto one or the other, but I don't yet believe we have any information that I'm comfortable basing a decision on.

I agree we don't know the truth, but we do know its *at least* as bad as whatever Ron said it was, or worse.

And with Ron, anytime the truth has eventually come out, its been more outrageous than the rumors. C'mon this guy had to be dragged onto an airplane in Miami last spring. We knew something was wrong, but we didn't get that part of the story for months.

I don't even care what the actual story is. What bothers me is how painfully obvious it is that his teammates and coaches cannot and do not think they can rely on him to show up (not just physically) every night.

Hicks
11-11-2004, 04:08 PM
The reason you don't hear the players complaining is because they know not to drag this out into the media. I'm sure at least some of them are annoyed as hell about Ron's problems.

Anthem
11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't even care what the actual story is. What bothers me is how painfully obvious it is that his teammates and coaches cannot and do not think they can rely on him to show up (not just physically) every night.

I agree with the first sentence, disagree with the second. You don't care what the story is, you just don't like the kid. That's been your position for a long time.

I'm at work and won't post any more until tonight.

Hicks
11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Anthem, the same could be said for you, or anyone else that refuses to see the problem here, only take out "don't".

Kegboy
11-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I actually voted for trading Ron, before I voted against it.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Unclebuck
11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Jay, I don't for one minute believe Artest's version. No way did he ask off for a month because he is tired and wants to concertrate on his rap CD.

That version is not believable.

Jay, I grant you that the true version might be even worse, but I am not going to jump off the bridge until I know what is going on

purdue101
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
who cares what the true story is.....does it really matter? what matters is that artest has become a major distraction AGAIN. the guy has a screw loose, something is seriously wrong with him. carlisle wouldn't just bench artest when we are already banged up for no reason. i trust rick's judgement and believe that something went down, regardless of what it is. all that matters is that he has become a distraction again. i watched all summer most of the posters here defend him time after time. even after he ran his mouth and discredited j.o. when are you guys just going to accept that despite his unbelievable talent, he is a headcase and a MAJOR distraction? look at the jailblazers the past five years, all the talent in the world, nothing to show for it. we need to be focused on winning a ring and from artest's statements he is obviously not on that same page. he's immature and unwillling to accept his role on our team. i would trade him for peja in a heartbeat.

Suaveness
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Exactly UB, you cannot make conclusions based on what you don't know. You can't make judgments of what other people think either.

purdue101
11-11-2004, 05:32 PM
he obviously did something uncalled for.....do you think rick would bench him and say that he jeopordized the integrity of the team for nothing??? no matter what ron did, it is blantly obvious that was uncalled for and detrimental to the team. IMO, that is enough info to pass judgement on him

DW is just trying to down play it to keep his trade value up. carlisle has already let the cat outta the bag though by saying it was detrimental to the team.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 05:38 PM

I agree with the first sentence, disagree with the second. You don't care what the story is, you just don't like the kid. That's been your position for a long time.

I'm at work and won't post any more until tonight.

True. I didn't like him before we ever traded for him. I saw how much he could disrupt the Bulls and I didn't want any part of him. I have never been shy about saying that - I'm biased against him as a Pacer because I know exactly how he was up here and how desperate the Bulls were to just unload him on anybody.

Now if he would've come in and proved me wrong, then I could've learned to appreciate him. I know he's an outstanding player. But he keeps proving me right, and I'm tired of being right about him because that means he's still hurting the team I love.

Anthem, I know we don't agree, and we're probably never going to convince each other, on this topic. But if I didn't enjoy talking to you - even when we disagree, I'd have walked away a long time ago.

:buddies:

TheSauceMaster
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
So Let's Get Mr Peja ..opps I forgot the past 2 years were in the Playoffs :p:p

Like Rick said this is a Family ;)

We all know familes have disagreements , they work them out and move on and end of story.

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Suaveness, the difference is that UB seems to recognize that he should be considering the location of the nearest bridge.

When Ron acts up...

Jay => :soundoff:

UB => :mad: :(

Suaveness => :notlistening:

:D

sig
11-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Wally makes twice as much as Peja.

I was talking on the court. I think those 2 are somewhat comparable only IMO, only Peja is better.

Besides, IMO, the Rich man is the one who has Peja and poor man is the one overpaying Wally. How many years does Peja have left before he asks for the big money?

Will Galen
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I've yet to see a viable reason to trade him. Has he raped anyone? Has he killed anyone? Does he take or sell dope? I think most of you would trade him for players that have done these things.

People call him a distraction an a detriment to the team. Maybe so, but would you kindly name one other team that won 61 games last year. Or name one other Pacer team that has EVER won 61 games.

That distraction an detriment is a major reason the Pacer's won 61 games last year. And yet most people want to trade him because of what they read on the Internet.

Another rush to judgment in my opinion. He's a KID!

DrBadd01
11-12-2004, 02:03 PM
NO!

indygeezer
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
And now the Chicago Trib is suggesting a 3 way with NY and Minni...with us gettin Wally...NY getting RA and Minnit getting KT??

Ya gotta be kidding right? NO TO WALLY (I might, but not for RA)

No link, it's a subscription rag,.,I saw it in HoopsHype

ChicagoJ
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Gotta be something more than that... Wally makes a lot more money than Ron IIRC.

Didn't take the train today, guess I've got to track down a copy of the paper...

EDIT - and I'd rather have KT.

Hicks
11-12-2004, 02:21 PM
It looks more like Sam Smith speculating than reporting (and what a shock that is), indygeez; I wouldn't look too much into that one. But you never know.

Natston
11-12-2004, 02:30 PM
NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I've yet to see a viable reason to trade him. Has he raped anyone? Has he killed anyone? Does he take or sell dope? I think most of you would trade him for players that have done these things.

If he did those things, he'd be locked up for even more years at a horrible salary. :p

I refuse to pull the trigger on a bunch of half or quarter-truths or past "troubles". If cooler heads prevail and the whole truth is reveled and Ron is traded then so be it.

Gyron
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Not for Peja, but I think I would have thrown him in for the McGrady Trade however....Since we're going back for could've, would've, should've.....