PDA

View Full Version : How Spoiled Are We?

BrownBearCoffee
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
For those of us who have been watching for a long time, we are quite familiar and long for the days of our Reggie Miller lead teams, who were fiery and competitive. I, for one, am so encouraged by our present team that I have a question I want to ask. I have no doubt that Paul George will develop into a complete, rounded player. However, even when he does we will never be able to deny that sweet stroke that he has. Does Paul have the skill to become the all time 3 point king? I honestly feel that if he continues on, Paul will have the rare opportunity to become the NBA leader in 3 pointers made, effectively taking the title from Ray Allen, who coincidentally took the record from our beloved Reggie. Keep stroking it, Paul, you are making us proud.

ilive4sports
02-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think Paul will continue to take 3's at this high of a rate. As he gets more confident in his game, he will attack the basket more. I think Ray's record is gonna be around for awhile

thatch3232
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
As his game evolves, he should be able to take the ball to the hoop at will, and not have to rely on his 3 pt. game as much. I see him not as a "shooter" like Ray, but as a "scorer".

crunk-juice
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
one great game and the guys a hall of famer...

yoadknux
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
1 good game doesn't turn a guy into a future HOF :rolleyes:
I'm very excited about George improving too but that's not a good enough reason to turn him into a basketball legend

ilive4sports
02-04-2012, 05:16 PM
To be fair, its not one game here. He is shooting over 48% from three on the season.

BrownBearCoffee
02-04-2012, 05:17 PM
For those of you making the HOF claims, settle down. This board overreacts to absolutely everything. This pole is on potential. If we need to, I can give you a lesson on the meaning of the term, as I often do for my students. If not, enjoy a pole that was meant for fun.

Unclebuck
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
My first response is I certainly hope not, I don't want him to be a three point shooter

BrownBearCoffee
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
My first response is I certainly hope not, I don't want him to be a three point shooter

I absolutely agree. I would like to see him attack the rim constantly, fouling out the front lines of many teams. That being said, I will always enjoy watching him shoot it from the arc.

sportfireman
02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
For those of us who have been watching for a long time, we are quite familiar and long for the days of our Reggie Miller lead teams, who were fiery and competitive. I, for one, am so encouraged by our present team that I have a question I want to ask. I have no doubt that Paul George will develop into a complete, rounded player. However, even when he does we will never be able to deny that sweet stroke that he has. Does Paul have the skill to become the all time 3 point king? I honestly feel that if he continues on, Paul will have the rare opportunity to become the NBA leader in 3 pointers made, effectively taking the title from Ray Allen, who coincidentally took the record from our beloved Reggie. Keep stroking it, Paul, you are making us proud.

Wait, wait, wait......... :hmm:is that you Jim?????:hmm:

BrownBearCoffee
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Wait, wait, wait......... :hmm:is that you Jim?????:hmm:

Wait, wait, wait........... How is speculating about your SHOOTING guard shooting 3 pointers related to JOB at all?

cdash
02-04-2012, 05:37 PM

I don't really consider Ray Allen to be just a three point shooter. Maybe at this point in career he is, but in his prime, he was a lethal scorer all the way around.

BlueNGold
02-04-2012, 05:41 PM

This is exactly right. He can cause more damage by mixing it up. I have no problem with him hitting 45% from three and shooting 10 a night. But I want him breaking down the defense and dishing for easy, high percentage shots...along with causing the other team to foul and being forced to expend energy defending.

I have a sneaking suspicion that JOb actually posted this poll...

Edit: to answer the question, I have not seen Allen level talent. Allen is currently shooting 56% from three.

croz24
02-04-2012, 05:51 PM
These polls are getting stupid. Nothing against the op, just tired of the mini-Lebron, better than Danny, the next Reggie, better than Ray Allen, etc. Just let the guy progress at his own pace and develop into his own game.

Alabama-Redneck
02-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Depends on how many teams continue to use a zone on us !!

:cool:

Noodle
02-04-2012, 06:20 PM
These polls are getting stupid. Nothing against the op, just tired of the mini-Lebron, better than Danny, the next Reggie, better than Ray Allen, etc. Just let the guy progress at his own pace and develop into his own game.

Nothing wrong with fans being FANatical.

TheDavisBrothers
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Does he have the skill to? I voted yes, but do I think he actually will? no

croz24
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Nothing wrong with fans being FANatical.

Obviously not. It's the fickle nature of this board that gets annoying with some posters seemingly having an identity crisis every other night.

Noodle
02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok, I will actually answer the question. Plus, unlike other Debbie downers, I like opinion polls and dicussions involving Pacers players who are currently trending. I think he does have the ability to be an elite 3-point shooter for years to come. With his length and athleticism, he will be able to get them off with ease too. I know you guys would rather see George complete is offensive arsenal, but before he was drafted, his knock was that he took too many jump shots despite his athleticism. So, like it or not, this is Paul's proclivity. That doesn't mean that he can't develop, or that I wouldn't like to see it. It's just that he will always take many shots from downtown, and I'm ok with that. It's not likely that he will surpass the likes of Reggie or Ray, but the sky's the limit with George. Time will tell.

Pacersalltheway10
02-04-2012, 06:36 PM
The question was "does Paul George have the skill set to pass Ray Allen". That doesn't mean he will necessarily pass him, it just means is he capable. And I say yes, he is capable. He has one of the best shooting forms,IMO, in the game right now and he is very good at catching and shooting off screens.

sportfireman
02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Wait, wait, wait........... How is speculating about your SHOOTING guard shooting 3 pointers related to JOB at all?

It was a joke about shooting the three..... but since you mentioned it... A SHOOTING guard doesn't mean you SHOOT 3's.

Kemo
02-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If not, enjoy a pole that was meant for fun.

:twss:

HAHA you walked into that one...

BTW it's POLL ..... POLL lol

BrownBearCoffee
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM
:twss:

HAHA you walked into that one...

BTW it's POLL ..... POLL lol

Haha well done. Yes, it is, you are correct. That's what typing quickly gets you, right?

And an admin can shut this poll down if it needs to be. I didn't realize this discussion board was no longer for discussion; my bad.