PDA

View Full Version : Tall, Lanky, Sharpshooter from SoCal

ilive4sports
02-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Most people would think I'm talking about this guy:
http://www.nba.com/media/act_reggie_miller.jpg

But SoCal has given the Pacers another gift:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_paul_george.jpg

With his recent games against the Nets and now Mavs (probably would have torched the T-Wolves if it weren't for foul trouble), I am just getting chills. This kid has it all. He has become deadly behind the arc like that other SoCal guy that gave us a few good memories. His defense, oh he's just a 6'9" 2 guard that can cover Derrick Rose. Oh did I mention he could win the dunk contest too?

This kid has the whole package. How did he last until #10? He still needs to polish his skills, but I have no doubt that he will. He has a great work ethic, his head is on straight, and gets along with the team. This kid could go down as one of, if not the best Pacer of all time. Thats how much potential he has.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but its hard not too. He has a ways to go, but nights like tonight will become more of the norm for PG24. He's not gonna have to wear Kobe's for much longer, he's getting his own shoe soon.

DGPR
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Until T-Bird did a write up on Paul George I hadn't even heard of Paul George, and I don't think I'm alone there. Now he's quickly becoming something very very special in front of all of our eyes.

imawhat
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
We should be thanking the stars every night that PG enrolled at Fresno State. There's no way he'd be a Pacer with more exposure.

ilive4sports
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Until T-Bird did a write up on Paul George I hadn't even heard of Paul George, and I don't think I'm alone there. Now he's quickly becoming something very very special in front of all of our eyes.

Same here. I believe I ended up being happy with the pick because of T-bird.

Pacersalltheway10
02-03-2012, 11:37 PM
"In 5 years Paul George will be the best player to come out of this draft"- Eastern Conference Scout, 2010 Draft

Sandman21
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Indeed. I was sold on Paul George after I read T-Bird's write up on him. That draft night, I sat on Facebook commenting that I was hoping for Paul and after we actually drafted him....

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LARRY DON'T TRADE HIM!":laugh:

PacerPenguins
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ceFUQRFr8Fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

after PG got drafted did u see that pacers fan cringe over the pick? I bet he is login' PG now

ilive4sports
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
We can't get talent drafting in the late lottery every year they said. Whoops! Looks like we can!

Wylder1324
02-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Anybody have the link on hand of T-Birds write up ? Would like to read it again, dunno how to find it ?

ilive4sports
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Anybody have the link on hand of T-Birds write up ? Would like to read it again, dunno how to find it ?

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=53969

aceace
02-03-2012, 11:49 PM
"And David Stern put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck Paul George on the head and he picked it up and slung it back narrowly missing Stern and it sailed into the net as he crossed his arms. Amen. "

Anthem
02-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Man, I wish we'd tanked that year instead of trying to win. Just think of who we could have picked!

MaHa3000
02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I remember there was a handful of us really wanting badly to get Paul at #10. At that time this team had no athleticism.

Is it too soon to say Paul George is the franchise player? I mean come on, its inevitable.

PacersRule
02-03-2012, 11:57 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ceFUQRFr8Fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

after PG got drafted did u see that pacers fan cringe over the pick? I bet he is login' PG now

Look at the Pacers lineup just a couple years ago!
Starter: Watson-Rush-Granger-Murphy-Hibbert
Bench: Ford-Jones-Dunleavy

and now..

Starter: DC-George-Granger-West-Hibbert
Bench: Hansbrough-Hill-Jones

We've come a long way my friends!

Also just got some love from the Lakers-Nuggets halftime show. Some highlights were played, said that PG dropped 30 and Broussard saying the Pacers are indeed looking good!

xBulletproof
02-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Look at the Pacers lineup just a couple years ago!
Starter: Watson-Rush-Granger-Murphy-Hibbert
Bench: Ford-Jones-Dunleavy

and now..

Starter: DC-George-Granger-West-Hibbert
Bench: Hansbrough-Hill-Jones

We've come a long way my friends!

Also just got some love from the Lakers-Nuggets halftime show. Some highlights were played, said that PG dropped 30 and Broussard saying the Pacers are indeed looking good!

And a lot of people here were screaming to fire Bird. Goodness. I'm glad I could see what was coming.

ilive4sports
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UB6aq1TX_EE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hoosierguy
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I remember there was a handful of us really wanting badly to get Paul at #10. At that time this team had no athleticism.

Is it too soon to say Paul George is the franchise player? I mean come on, its inevitable.

He just keeps getting better and better. We don't even know how high his ceiling is right now. Once he reaches it he has to play to that level consistently.

vnzla81
02-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Man, I wish we'd tanked that year instead of trying to win. Just think of who we could have picked!

To be fair a lot of teams made the mistake of not taking him, even Utah went for "the safe pick" by getting Hayward, Paul George was expected to be a long term project and Utah was in "win now mode".

Pacerfan
02-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Guess who is trending nationally on Twitter again... yup Paul George.

pacer4ever
02-04-2012, 12:34 AM
We should be thanking the stars every night that PG enrolled at Fresno State. There's no way he'd be a Pacer with more exposure.

I didn't get why he didn't go to Gtown Thomson really wanted him there. The Pg we saw tonight was the sophomore PG at Fresno he had so much confidence and a swager that he was the man a mentality most star players have.

Really who we should thank is his HS coach for playing him as a PF not a wing. PG played a lot of PF at Fresno also.

I dont get how any good scout wanted Wes J over Paul. Paul was literally better in every part of the game it was very puzzling to me. I loved watching PG at Fresno seeing him in BnG was really amazing he really has a rare ability
that not many players have. What amazed me about Paul is how easy he made the game look and also how good he was at making tough shots.

Qunicy Miller IMO is the closest player to Paul George in this draft I have the same feeling about him that I had about Paul at Fresno.

pacer4ever
02-04-2012, 12:42 AM

I would of took Paul if we would of got #3 or lower( I would of traded back obviously if he was gonna go as late as 10). John Wall and Cousins I had rated higher. Greg Monroe was the guy I really missed on I had him at late lottery in the draft.

We shouldnt of tanked last year but yes we should of only played young guys.(same thing the previous years) NOLA isnt tanking they play hard as hell but they dont have the talent. But playing young guys and letting them grow is something we really needed to do so we knew what we had and could draft and plan accordingly.

IndyPacer
02-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I didn't think Indiana would actually take George prior to the draft, but as we got closer it started to look like it could happen. I was very pleased to see he was available.

It's amusing to look back at my pre-draft post about considering replacing Rush with George at SG. Not only did George take his place, Rush also got shipped out. George has the upsides of Rush with defense, athleticism, and is developing his shooting without the eccentric quirks of Rush that drove many nuts.

We ended up with a top 3 or 4 caliber pick with at #10. It's worked out extremely well. I'm really happy with our young players.

cdash
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM
What has a better chance of happening--Gordon Hayward growing a mustache or Paul George winning both the dunk and three point contests?

ilive4sports
02-04-2012, 02:22 AM
What has a better chance of happening--Gordon Hayward growing a mustache or Paul George winning both the dunk and three point contests?

Well considering PG will win both the dunk and three point contests, I'm going with that.

what happens if PG grows an awesome mustache while winning both?

Brad8888
02-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Well considering PG will win both the dunk and three point contests, I'm going with that.

As opposed to Jeff, Paul would be amused.

:notamused:

owl
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Fascinating how the shooting form of Reggie and Paul look so similar.

PacerDude
02-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Fascinating how the shooting form of Reggie and Paul look so similar.No disagreement there, but let's see if George has the same inside stuff that reg did.

Day-V
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
And to think........we were 1 Utah pick away from it being Gordon Hayward instead.

Thank God for the Utah Jazz.

TheDon
02-04-2012, 10:50 AM
And to think........we were 1 Utah pick away from it being Gordon Hayward instead.

I remember people around me at the draft party looking at me clapping and cheering, like..."oh, that's nice he's supporting gordon hayward for getting picked".

They had no idea that I didn't want him on this team and was pulling for Paul George ever since T-Bird done his write-up on him I was sold. Bird so often had went for the safe bet never really had swung for the fences in a long time and I was ok with the pick even if George had ended up being a bust.

croz24
02-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I was on the George bandwagon well before there ever was a bandwagon ;-) lol. No, let's hope Paul turns out to be half the player Reggie was for us. Completely different style of play and skill levels, but hopefully this kid from SoCal get a championship with us.

cdash
02-04-2012, 02:30 PM

I think PG can grow a mustache. I don't think Gordon Hayward could if he tried. I think the Jazz picked him knowing that when he finally hits puberty, he will grow to be like 7'5 and will be unstoppable.

Sandman21
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM

I honestly don't think Larry would have taken Hayward if Paul is still on the board. Heck, I dont think he takes him if Paul is OFF the board.

PaceBalls
02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Fascinating how the shooting form of Reggie and Paul look so similar.

I think it's more just the picture. Reggie's shooting form was kind of messed up. Reggie would have his elbow out too far and the ball would spin sideways a bit. Paul's is much better.

Doddage
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I was on the George bandwagon well before there ever was a bandwagon ;-) lol. No, let's hope Paul turns out to be half the player Reggie was for us. Completely different style of play and skill levels, but hopefully this kid from SoCal get a championship with us.
I can vouch for croz on this.

jeffg-body
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM
I have been on that bandwagon from day one when we drafted him. With his work ethic and personality, how can you not like this kid.