PDA

View Full Version : DW Puts Artest-Friendly Spin on Recent Events

RSmits
11-11-2004, 12:36 PM
In an article that just appeared on ESPN Insider, and I have been unable to cut and paste, Chad Ford quotes DW as telling him the following this morning:

- The subject of the rap album never came up in conversations with Rick as to why he wanted time off.

- Ron came into camp weighing 260 pounds, this was the first time he was out of shape, and he was dragging. "And he had other personal problems bothering him."

- He is a guy who gives maximum effort and nobody questions his intensity.

- "Rick and Ron agreed on a course of action where he would sit out two games. He wasn't suspended because it wasn't about that."

Chad Ford also notes that the Pacers were likely trying to keep this quiet, in part, not to diminish his trade value. Incidentally, did you notice that the Artest ramblings last night were by his locker, not at an organized press conference. The front office must have been cringing.

DisplacedKnick
11-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Spin.

We already heard Carlisle's "conduct detrimental to the team" (or whatever it was).

Tough to get to the, "guy who's out of shape even though he's averaging 25 ppg so we'll sit him two games while we're buried by injuries" from there.

sweabs
11-11-2004, 12:44 PM
That is what I'm guessing. All an attempt for DW to say "Hey...GM's...it's nothing serious. He's still a great player!"

Who is DW trying to kid here?

Anthem
11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Out of shape? Dragging?

Didn't Larry talk about how much better shape Artest is in, and how much more explosive he was this year?

sweabs
11-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Out of shape? Dragging?

Didn't Larry talk about how much better shape Artest is in, and how much more explosive he was this year?

Everything is so contradictory.

What can we really believe?

Suaveness
11-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Does everyone talk in riddles in lies?

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Only if they have the media following them around everywhere with a camera and microphone, yet they've still got to conduct business.

I'm always surprised when they're somewhat candid, instead of always playing the spin game.

And DW is the unquestioned master of spin.

I'll try to get that Insider article. But you can't copy and paste in IE; you've got to save it as a text file, then copy and paste.

Doug
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. :-)

Ragnar
11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
If I ever run for president I want to hire DW as my spin doctor. That way if it comes out in the press that I woship Satan or something DW can spin it into my being a good family man.

Bball
11-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Sometimes DW spins when the truth is the better answer...

-BBall

fwpacerfan
11-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Is it at all possible that Donnie is telling the truth? He didn't say anything that is contradictory to what Carlisle said. The overweight thing is puzzling but maybe Bird was doing some 'spin' on Artest being more explosive?

Kegboy
11-11-2004, 04:58 PM
If only AJ would come over here and tell us the real story.

But no, Ragnar's always so mean to him, so he stays over at the RATS board. :( :sarcasm:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

ABADays
11-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Does everyone talk in riddles in lies?

Uhhhhh - Yes, I mean No - ummmmmm why do you ask?

Ragnar
11-11-2004, 06:29 PM
but no, Ragnar's always so mean to him, so he stays over at the RATS board. :( :sarcasm:

Hey I have not said anything about AJ this season other than that I think Gill (other than the #4:shudder:) is doing a great job as a backup.