PDA

View Full Version : Sportsguy sounds off on the Pacers of current, Pacers of Old ('98 and '00) and the Nap (Spoiler: It's all good)

Trader Joe
02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2012/02/03/billsimmonsflv-1987924

Video interview. Lots of really good stuff from the Sports Guy, who, IMO, knows as much about the NBA as any national guy. Also, should put to rest the silly notion around here that he doesn't like the Pacers.

Sollozzo
02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Good stuff.

From his column today:

So spending Super Bowl week here is totally fine with me. Maybe it doesn't pass the Vegas/New Orleans/San Diego/Miami test, but **** it — everything is within walking distance from downtown (including the stadium), the locals couldn't be nicer (or happier for everyone to be here), the weather came through (at least so far), and if I could pick any city outside the Big Four for one random Super Bowl, why wouldn't it be this one? As my buddy House said, "It just feels alive — it's like surround sound. Since the moment we got here, I felt like something was going on in every direction." Isn't that what a Super Bowl should feel like? I couldn't be happier to be here. So there.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7536111/the-half-bag-super-bag

Trader Joe
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I like his description of the city as old school. Fits us perfectly and not a bad thing.

ejwallace
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I just love that old pic of Larry in the background in his Valley uniform....That's a tribute right there......

danman
02-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I recommend his basketball book. Like his columns even with Peyton jabs. Only exception was the one that bagged on Cooper Manning. He apologized later because he forgot about Cooper's spine condition, but that wasn't the right reason to apologize. The right reason is that you don't bag on the siblings of famous people just because they aren't famous. Jerk move. But with as many opinions as he lobs, an occasional step over the line is forgivable.