PDA

View Full Version : Well, this has been embarassing

Shade
11-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Down 55-27 at halftime, AT HOME, TO THE CLIPPERS.

P.S. Thanks again, Ron. :unimpressed:

PaceBalls
11-10-2004, 09:02 PM
P.S. thanks again Rick for benching Ron :p

indytoad
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
This is what happens when you play a team that's not having an off night. Pacers have been playing pretty putridly so far, just have had the good fortune to catch four teams playing just as badly at the time. We're nowhere near as good as our record, as this game pretty obviously indicates.

IndyToad
Video 2

Anthem
11-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah, not sure if Ron would have put us over the top tonight. Croshere at 0-5? James Jones at 1-5? JO with 8 points?

Plenty of blame to go around. Hard to feel bad about being 4-1.

TheSauceMaster
11-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Blah I expected us to lose last night and we didn't , no suprise with the lack of energy after the game we played in minny last night. You guys are getting way to spoiled , we could easily be 0-4 and people want to whine when we will be 4-1

TheSauceMaster
11-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Well JO has re injured his foot and is day to day and doubtful for this weekend from what they said on FSN.

Ragnar
11-10-2004, 10:28 PM
This was just one of those games. Every team has these from time to time. No NBA team has ever gone undefeated

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 12:51 AM
For crying out loud, we're injury depleted, distracted, playing a back-to-back in which we were in a different time zone last night.

I'm glad we scored fifty points.

Let's be reasonable, people. Rick's had this team really, really overachieving. Its been fun, but unsustainable.

Hoop
11-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Ron's album will be out soon and everything in the universe will be aligned again. :devil:

Harddrive7
11-11-2004, 07:53 AM
P.S. thanks again Rick for benching Ron :p

Say again? ;)

ABADays
11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
It happens - we only had 9 guys and even a couple of those guys are hurt. Give 'em a break.

Shade
11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
For crying out loud, we're injury depleted, distracted, playing a back-to-back in which we were in a different time zone last night.

Let's be reasonable, people. Rick's had this team really, really overachieving. Its been fun, but unsustainable.

Great post. We only have 7-8 "healthy" players right now. That's HALF OUR FREAKING ROSTER. And NONE of the injured are any lower than second string.

It just always hurts to lose like that, though. :(

Southside_Pacer
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
This is what happens when you play a team that's not having an off night. Pacers have been playing pretty putridly so far, just have had the good fortune to catch four teams playing just as badly at the time. We're nowhere near as good as our record, as this game pretty obviously indicates.

IndyToad
Video 2

It's good to have ya back IndyToad. :cool:;)

ChicagoJ
11-11-2004, 02:28 PM

Great post. We only have 7-8 "healthy" players right now. That's HALF OUR FREAKING ROSTER. And NONE of the injured are any lower than second string.

It just always hurts to lose like that, though. :(

I know what you're saying, but its the close losses that hurt me more. And in spite of makeshift lineups, we've been good in close games already this year. When you get beaten that badly, its obvious that there were many unusual factors that all added up to a team just not ready to play.

Embarassing? Yes. Meaningful? No.

Harddrive7
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Lord, the Pacers didn't even play last night. They didn't defend, run, anything. You could tell a complete difference in the teams play from last night and Minn. Trust me, this is one of those cases that the Pacers totally beat themselves, almost like they had no intension of playing hard last night.

It happens. They were tired, we know that they play better than that, that's what's imortant.

Southside_Pacer
11-11-2004, 02:34 PM
I hate close losses more myself as well. At least in a close loss you can point to a few things that if we did this here, or if we did this differently, we probably could have won the game.

In a game last night it's one of those where it all went wrong, and you just move on.