PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Village - Zipline and other

Naptown_Seth
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
I'll try to post some pix when I get a chance to edit and upload.
Here's a full 7 minute HD video of my wife and I climbing up the tower, locking in and riding the zipline for those of you who don't want to do the 3 hour ice cold wait.

By the way, if you are walking up I suggest you go early. We got there at 1pm on Friday for the 3pm start and the line was started. By 5-6 pm they had sold out of tickets all the way to midnight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lcl_A2gajrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idioteque
01-28-2012, 08:12 PM
I did this in Central America one time, and while that was somewhat crazy in its own way, there is something about being parallel with large buildings and seeing nothing but pavement under you that appears to bring about a factor different than that of just seeing a bunch of mountains and trees. Made my hands sweat just watching it!

Bball
01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
weee... wee wee wee.....
Pure adrenaline....

Naptown_Seth
01-29-2012, 11:00 AM
A) a guy said that behind us when we were in line - "I should have brought pinwheels".

B) yesterday over by Oceanaire some lady went walking by holding two pinwheels (why?) and a guy behind me starts going "weeeee, weee wee weeeee" ;)

I so wish I'd done that while on the line.

indygeezer
01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks Seth...man what a rush. I wish there were some way to get this vid to my daughter in Btown....she sooo wanted to do that.

Naptown_Seth
02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Went to JW last night and hung out (got lucky and "snuck" inside instead of being forced to wait outside).

I shook hands with Tom Jackson.

We saw:
Jon Gruden
Mike Tirico
Mike Ditka
Keyshawn Johnson
Jack Del Rio (I apparently almost ran into him)
Doug Flutie
Archie Manning and wife
Mike Lupica (ESPN/NY reporter)
actor from cancelled show "Brothers and Sisters"

and a few people that I'm certain we didn't recognize for sure.

I took a cheap camera so the photos mostly suck, but after the dust settles I'll post. Downtown last night was unwalkable at times, it was pure insanity. It was like the entire 500 crowd shoved into about 8-10 city blocks. You literally could not move in places on Georgia, Meridian, Illinois, or Penn. They had to block off traffic on Maryland and Washington in order to make room for people.

And the zip line running over Capital last night with that crowd...what a hit. Every person that zipped by got the crowd cheering, pointing, etc. It was a cool effect.

I was going to use my parking pass for the game, but now I'm worried that I'll even be able to reach the garage so we will probably just walk.

idioteque
02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I've heard nothing but good in the national and international media about the job Indianapolis has done hosting the Super Bowl. 47 and party sunny on game day tomorrow? Pretty awesome weather for Central Indiana at the beginning of February.

Stryder
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I have not seen one bad report from the media (sports or other) on the atmosphere, etc. of the Super Bowl in Indy. Awesome. I still wouldn't think another Bowl in Indy is likely, but this goes a long way in showing that the city CAN support another one.