PDA

View Full Version : Wells: Roy/Falk told Pacers he didn't want to sign extension; Hill wanted 7.5m/yr

Hicks
01-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Listen:

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2160

Hicks
01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Also, I posted that as I was still listening; wow to the George Hill part. At least a little bit. Hill wanted 7.5m a year, Pacers wanted him at 6m, so they'll wait until summer to figure that out.

JB24
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Damn, no home-town discount eh? MLE type money is more than fair IMO.

Shade
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I like Hill, but for that kind of money, I'd rather just put it toward an offer for EJ instead.

thewholefnshow31
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like Hill will be a one year rental.

Shade
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Sounds like Hill will be a one year rental.

I always kind of assumed he would be. I still think he's not 100% thrilled to be here.

danman
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Roy and Falk are being smart. Roy's value has increased already this year. If he stays consistent and plays well in the postseason, his contract will be huge. Not Kevin Love level, but closer than I would have thought possible 2 months ago

With Hill, I don't know.

JB24
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm purely speculating here, but at this point I don't think the market nets him 7.5/yr next summer. If it does, then somebody is foolishly overpaying him.

Trader Joe
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Cool, I think we'll get Hill for less than 6 million this summer, so I'm good with that.

BPump33
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
IMO, Hill's salary will depend fully on how he plays in the playoffs.

pacer4ever
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Cool, I think we'll get Hill for less than 6 million this summer, so I'm good with that.

If Affalo(very similar players actually) can get 8.4 than some one will foolishly give Hill a similar deal and I hope to god we don't match. We should of just kept the draft picks this is the opposite of money ball very smart trade by the Spurs. I would of never guessed he would ask for 7.5m that is way too much. I guess the Spurs proablly talk to him about a new deal and the realized he wanted way too much so they dealt him.

danman
01-27-2012, 12:34 PM
If someone will give Hill a deal around 8.4, asking 7.5 isn't way too much. Lol

Hill is going to have to play much better this year to get 8+. And I don't care if he turns out to be a rental. Cap space is a reward in itself. I suspect we'll get a deal done, though.

Shade
01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
If someone will give Hill a deal around 8.4, asking 7.5 isn't way too much. Lol

Hill is going to have to play much better this year to get 8+. And I don't care if he turns out to be a rental. Cap space is a reward in itself. I suspect we'll get a deal done, though.

Yes, that cap space would be very useful in extending and Hibbert and signing EJ. I'd much rather have that than Leonard.

90'sNBARocked
01-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Also, I posted that as I was still listening; wow to the George Hill part. At least a little bit. Hill wanted 7.5m a year, Pacers wanted him at 6m, so they'll wait until summer to figure that out.

I am not a math expert but wouldnt common sense dictate you agree to 6.8M annually?

purdue101
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I am not a math expert but wouldnt common sense dictate you agree to 6.8M annually?

Under that approach Hill should just ask for $14M/year and expect to end up at $10M/year. You don't just split the difference if you feel the other party is being unreasonable. You pay what the market dictates.

Hill at $7.5M is unreasonable. He should be paid what guys like Lowry, Dudley, Lou Williams, Korver, and Reddick got, which is between $5M-$6M.

Ratking
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM

Remember the lockout? The owners and players dont bargain this way.

PaceBalls
01-27-2012, 01:20 PM
No one is going to pay George that much. He is a good scorer, but he is undersized and he can't really play point as a starting point guard. So either he comes off the bench or he starts at shooting guard and is a liability on defense because of his size. Not that he is a bad defender, he is actually quite good, but he would get abused by tall guards like Paul George for instance.

I think 5MPY is the most he will get.

Tom White
01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Guys, you can't really fault his agent for asking. There isn't a rush to get this done. It will play itself out, and I doubt he will get exactly what he is asking for.

As for Hill's play so far - He has done pretty well when you consider he is adjusting to a new team, coach and system. I look for him to keep getting better as the year goes along.

wintermute
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I want to keep Hill, but not at $7.5m per year.

croz24
01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
LOL at Hill wanting $7.5M. I don't care what he says in the media, Hill would rather play elsewhere.

vnzla81
01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
7.5mil? I love Hill that's way too much.

graphic-er
01-27-2012, 01:59 PM
LOL at Hill wanting $7.5M. I don't care what he says in the media, Hill would rather play elsewhere.

I would tend to agree with you. Once you grow up in inner city Indianapolis, then spend a few years living the good life in San Antonio playing with NBA Legends. Why would you relish coming back here permanently? I probably wouldn't, and I generally love Indianapolis, but I've never lived outside of Central Indiana as well.

Dude wants 7.5 million extension after playing only 17 games with his new team. Either he is extremely confident, greedy, or hopes to play else where next year.
George, you are good player, but you have been a bench player your entire career for a reason... 6 Million is a great offer.

PacersHomer
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Hahahaha $7.5 million!?!? Dream on, George.

ejwallace
01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
I think $7.5 is too high for Hill, but don't you think he has to ask for it?? This is his job, and I know I want as much money out of my job as possible, so if I am approached for retention/extension, I am asking for the moon.

Hill knew he wasn't getting 7.5, and he now knows where the Pacers feel comfortable paying him. If he has a hell of a season, he could command 7.5 or higher in RFA, chances are he won't. As long as he stays healthy, and his game remains contant, he will test the free agency pool and see just how warm it is to him. My gut tells me he'll be back in a Pacers uni next year at the cost of $5.5 - 6.5. If some other team offers him, say, 8.5 at the end of the season, good for him....You get yours.....Just depends on what's important to the person, the money, the team, or the chance at a championship....

duke dynamite
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Jarrett Jack 2.0.

"I love playing for the Pacers. I want to come back." (But at the right price...)

Ace E.Anderson
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I dont get why everyone is surprised. This is what an Agent and a player are SUPPOSED to do. This is a negotiation, nothing more/nothing less. An NBA players second contract is the one that spans the PRIME of their career. If your Hill, why DON'T you shoot for a higher price? There are plenty of dumbass GM's that may have signed the extension without having any second thoughts. Our GM is not one of them, and he turned down the extension, leaving it to be revised in the off season when Hill becomes a RFA.

They are about $1.5M off, which is pocket change in the NBA (never thought I'd say 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS is pocket change). Depending on how he performs the rest of the season, and in the playoffs, I'm pretty confident we'll come to a conclusion of about $6.3-6.6M range. If not, then thanks for your services and the cap space, we'll find someone else to fill the 6th man role.

The bigger question is: What do we do if some team is dumb enough to offer Roy near MAX money?! 7 footers with serious skills and a great attitude/work ethic don't grow on trees. Do we match?

thewholefnshow31
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I always kind of assumed he would be. I still think he's not 100% thrilled to be here.

Yeah I do not think he really wants to be here. Him asking 7.5 million is pretty much saying I do not want to be here, but if you pay me this much I can be made happy.

Money cures a lot of ailments.

graphic-er
01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
The bigger question is: What do we do if some team is dumb enough to offer Roy near MAX money?! 7 footers with serious skills and a great attitude/work ethic don't grow on trees. Do we match?

Of course they match. As of today Hibbert is considered a top 5 center in the NBA. Pacers will happily match. THey will probably make him the designated 5 year player.

MagicRat
01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah I do not think he really wants to be here.

Curse you, Sports Zone, and your $900 field rental!

RWB
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Curse you, Sports Zone, and your $900 field rental!

You kill me sometimes for a senile 85 year old fart;).

Trophy
01-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Roy's agent is just doing his job to do what's best for Roy and the team understands.

It'll be best to get a deal done over the summer rather than during the season to avoid distraction and such.

So, it's incredibly likely Roy will be back here.

With Hill, I expect a contract to be negotiated fairly and he'll be back. With EJ in the picture and the possibility of just flat out signing him, that might be a different story.

Pacerized
01-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I can't believe the Pacers would offer 6 mil per year to Hill in an extension.
The most I could see him getting as an outside offer is an MLE contract and that's not a given. 7.5 mil per year for a backup combo guard is insane. If we just wait and match the highest offer he gets during the offseason Hill will wish 6 mil was on the table. It's not that I don't like the guy but I don't like him at anything over 5 mil.

vnzla81
01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
People here know I love Hill and wanted him here all this time, I like the way he plays the game and plays D, but with all that said, I don't think I would pay that high price for him, at this point I wouldn't even be opposed to trade him to NO for JJ and his 2 years left at 5mil.

Justin Tyme
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Under that approach Hill should just ask for $14M/year and expect to end up at $10M/year. You don't just split the difference if you feel the other party is being unreasonable. You pay what the market dictates.

Hill at $7.5M is unreasonable. He should be paid what guys like Lowry, Dudley, Lou Williams, Korver, and Reddick got, which is between $5M-$6M.

No more than Jarrett Jack money. I'll say it again... the Jack deal should have been matched. Bird dropped the ball on that one.

Pacer Fan
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
He just wanting to much...he is a bench guy, a role player.

I wouldn't pay him more then 5mil per.
Give him 4 yr. - 20mil with a 4th year Team Option. He don't like, let him walk.

I bet Spurs wouldn't give him 5mil per, they'd laugh at 7.5mil. :laugh:

Pacer Fan
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I know a way to take care of this problem!
Trade his azz along with Hans a 2013 1st and 2012 2nd and GSW 2015 2nd for Gordon and Kaman!

Hibbert / Kaman
West / Foster / Lou
Granger / Paul / Jones
Gordon / Paul / Lance
DC / Gordon / Price

Anthem
01-27-2012, 03:49 PM
7.5mil/yr is starter money. Hill's a great player and I like him tons, but I don't see him ever being a regular starter on a contender.

I'm glad the Pacers were 1.5mil apart from that, and I wouldn't be upset if the sides were 2mil apart. I don't think Hill will get that kinda cash from anybody next summer, but he might get the 6mil from a team he'd rather play for. We'll see.

Sparhawk
01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
$5M is what I was thinking for Hill. He's really just a 6th man. He can't get paid starter type money and come off the bench. Max I'd go is $6M.

RWB
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Considering J. Crawford was close to signing with the Pacers for around 6 million then yeah George Hill has got to realize in the new NBA starter money is not going to be handed over to bench players.

graphic-er
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I wonder if Larry Bird approached Hill during the shoot arounds and said "show me your worth 7.5 young buck"

MnvrChvy
01-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Love Hill, but if the Pacers were offering 6 million at this point I think it was specifically to throw him a bone as the hometown hero. He may earn that money by the end of the season though. That would be awesome!

able
01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
It explains somewhat why Hills' last two games were subpar, he had to come down from the Pacers saying we like you but not THAT much.

In the end we can all blame Hill for wanting that kind of money, we can hold out hope we get him wihtin our range at season end, and if not he was a damn expensive rental and the Spurs FO (who KNEW they could not hold on to Hill) made out like thieves.

Now all we need is someone to throw the max at Roy and we have to look for replacements for both.

:kickcan:

Sure hope (wholeheartedly) I won't be able to say "told ya so" next season.

Trader Joe
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Also, you mean George Hill started his bargaining out on the high end of his salary spectrum? I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked!

P.S.

All the posts about this being more proof he doesn't like it here are ridiculous.

graphic-er
01-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Also, you mean George Hill started his bargaining out on the high end of his salary spectrum? I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked!

P.S.

All the posts about this being more proof he doesn't like it here are ridiculous.

NO SIR! You are the ridiculous one. ;)

Look its pretty simple. If you are a bench player of his calibur, you dont turn down a $24 + Million contract (I am assuming its a 4 year deal), 17 games into the season on your new team. A guy who is one injury away from ruining any future value in a contract year. You just don't do that unless the Pacers only offered him a 2 year deal...

With the way some of these players are turning down their extensions or only signing the QA...Its a miracle we were able to extend Danny Granger at his rate.

Guys like George Hill who are really productive role players, usually have one goal in mind, and that is to stay in the league for a very long time, and that means signing multi-year deals.

Trader Joe
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
The only way George and the Pacers were going to get an extension done, was if one of them accepted the first offer from the other one, seeing as that happens in business (and being in real estate I have just a little experience with negotiations and contracts) approximately...um, maybe 1 out of 100 times and that's only if it's a no brainer for both sides, I'm not at all shocked they weren't able to nail down a number that worked for both while there's this little thing called a season going on.

Maybe George will be a Pacers, maybe he won't, but if he isn't he won't have anything to do with him not liking Indianapolis or us not getting a deal done by this extension deadline.

It's easy to get a guy like Westbrook or Love's extension done...

Russell Westbrook's agent "We want a lot of money."

The Thunder, "Ok, here's a lot of money."

Agent, "Deal."

But with a guy like Hill there is a lot more negotiating that will have to take place, and I'm sure Bird is doing other things than negotiating Hill's contract, which is probably true for Hill's agent as well and Hill himself. So unless, the first offer was accepted by both sides (which I knew wasn't gonna happen) there was no way this was going to get done by the deadline.

graphic-er
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
The only way George and the Pacers were going to get an extension done, was if one of them excepted the first offer from the other one, seeing as that happens in business (and being in real estate I have just a little experience with negotiations and contracts) approximately...um, maybe 1 out of 100 times and that's only if it's a no brainer for both sides, I'm not at all shocked they weren't able to nail down a number that worked for both while there's this little thing called a season going on.

Maybe George will be a Pacers, maybe he won't, but if he isn't he won't have anything to do with him not liking Indianapolis or us not getting a deal done by this extension deadline.

It's easy to get a guy like Westbrook or Love's extension done...

Russell Westbrook's agent "We want a lot of money."

The Thunder, "Ok, here's a lot of money."

Agent, "Deal."

But with a guy like Hill there is a lot more negotiating that will have to take place, and I'm sure Bird is doing other things than negotiating Hill's contract, which is probably true for Hill's agent as well and Hill himself. So unless, the first offer was accepted by both sides (which I knew wasn't gonna happen) there was no way this was going to get done by the deadline.

So I take it you dont' think 6 million a year is alot of money for Geroge Hill?
Cause that seems like a no brainer extension.

Hicks
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
It explains somewhat why Hills' last two games were subpar, he had to come down from the Pacers saying we like you but not THAT much.

In the end we can all blame Hill for wanting that kind of money, we can hold out hope we get him wihtin our range at season end, and if not he was a damn expensive rental and the Spurs FO (who KNEW they could not hold on to Hill) made out like thieves.

Now all we need is someone to throw the max at Roy and we have to look for replacements for both.

:kickcan:

Sure hope (wholeheartedly) I won't be able to say "told ya so" next season.

We're going to match Roy's offer.

Trader Joe
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
So I take it you dont' think 6 million a year is alot of money for Geroge Hill?
Cause that seems like a no brainer extension.

He obviously thinks he is worth more or at least that. This is negotiating 101.

immortality
01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Wow. I was expecting more like 5 million/year. This is first extension and he is mainly a bench player, what makes him think that he is worth more than Jamal Crawford?

spazzxb
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Jarrett Jack 2.0.

"I love playing for the Pacers. I want to come back." (But at the right price...)

Jarrett Jack didn't ask for 7.5 million dollars. Toronto just priced him just out of our reach. If we would have had cap space we would not have lost JJ.

90'sNBARocked
01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
If the contract was "reasonable" by NBA standards, I might agree to extend Roy NOW. Big men of his calibur are so rare and he has improved every year. My fear is the market will dictate we "over pay" him

Plus some teams will throw a above average offer on the table just to make us pay more

Hill on the other hand, I agree with waiting, although I think we under esamate him here a little. Guy has a wining pedigree, playing under arguably the best coach in the game (Pop) is only 25 or something.

I could see him geting 4 years for 28M or so

Doddage
01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
The thing is, he's probably going to get this from some team in the offseason and we'll have no choice but to not match the offer. I don't know if the FO thought about this aspect of picking up Hill when making the trade.

I know I was against the trade, not for this reason, but because I've just never been a big fan of Hill. We lost both of our picks last year, which we could have used on a variety of guys that could have contributed right away. Guys like Marshon Brooks, Shumpert, and Reggie Jackson would have been good picks. Even Kawhi Leonard. I know hindsight is 50/50 here, but I would have rather rolled the dice on ANY draft pick than use a 1st and a 2nd on a sixth man. My view is that if you're going to trade picks, make sure you're getting back a legitimate starting quality player.

Anthem
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
The thing is, he's probably going to get this from some team in the offseason and we'll have no choice but to not match the offer. I don't know if the FO thought about this aspect of picking up Hill when making the trade.
I'm sure it never crossed their mind. They're thinking "Wait a minute, you mean we're eventually going to have to sign him again?"

Eleazar
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll be very disappointed if we don't bring back Hill, it would have made that trade pointless. I would rather have whoever we would have drafted than just a one year rental.

Hoop
01-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I hope we resign him, but not at that price. It'll be really disappointing if he's just a one year rental though.

The Pacers will go on without him if necessary. He's not a make or break player for our future, but he could have been a part of it, it'll be HIS loss.

If he plays like he has in the last two games, we can find better, cheaper. So, far he's had some great moments, but just as many bad ones. He's showed up only about half the time.

Ownagedood
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
That's really frustrating Hill thinks he's worth that much.. I like him but you gotta say no way for 7.5 mil. Maybe 6.5 but no higher.. you can pack up and move your things again for anymore than that.

Pacerized
01-27-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't even know where 6 mil is coming from. Can someone name a single team with the cap space to do it that would offer Hill more then MLE next summer. I can't think of one and there is never a reason to pay more then market value.

PR07
01-27-2012, 08:25 PM
6 million sounds about right, 7.5 doesn't.

Pacer Fan
01-28-2012, 01:04 AM
6mil is a gift by the Pacers. 5 Mil is a gift. He should be at 4mil like Sessions, Marrow, Gibson, Farmar. He is right in line with a bunch of 4 mil talent.

xBulletproof
01-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Once again I agree with Bird. 6 million is about right. My only issue is that he'll probably get the 7.5 or more in free agency.

Hicks
01-28-2012, 02:07 AM
He keeps playing like this much longer and he'll wish he could get 6.

CableKC
01-28-2012, 02:37 AM
I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be what happened with Jarrett Jack. We just let him walk when the Raptors front-loaded a contract offer. I know that back then, we didn't have the capspace to absorb it....but I really think that GH is the type of Player that we need on this Team as part of the future core.

The problem is that there is going to be a BUNCH of Teams that are going to have capspace and needs....I can easily see some Team offer him a huge@ss contract offer that is going to be frontloaded ...just like before with Jarrett Jack...and the Simon's will be forced to make a bad decision.

BTW...this also goes for Hibbert as well....Houston still wants a Center....and have the Capspace next season to get him. My guess is that they will offer him a near Max or Max level contract....like they did with Marc Gasol. Unlike the Simon's, Houston could care less about poaching RFAs from another Team. I think that the Pacers are going to retain Hibbert, but will be paying more than they want since the Market Price for a Player like Hibbert is going to be really high.

01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't have traded For Hill unless he had signed a deal up front. As for Eric Gordon, does he come with new knees?

DocHolliday
01-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Jarrett Jack didn't ask for 7.5 million dollars. Toronto just priced him just out of our reach. If we would have had cap space we would not have lost JJ.
I like the comparison. Both are bench-quality tweener guards and neither are worth overpaying.

Pacerized
01-28-2012, 08:59 AM
I like the comparison. Both are bench-quality tweener guards and neither are worth overpaying.

I agree, we were better off letting Jack walk and we'd be better off doing the same with Hill at that price. I do think that the last off season showed that things have changed. Too many teams were burning with bad mid tier contracts over the course of the last cba. I don't see any team offering Hill more then the MLE and I really don't know if that will happen. I'd put good money on the odds being against any team offering Hill 7.5 mil.
If the best offer he gets is a partial MLE at 4 mil, then that's all we should match.

Sparhawk
01-28-2012, 09:25 AM
At $7.5M, I'd rather go after Mayo or someone else.

I'm beginning to think Hill is only worth around $5.5M max.

I Love P
01-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I said it when I heard he was just a one year contract, he's got an "under the table" deal to sign back with San Antonio. That's what my gut tells me. They both loved each other and I can see them saying, "Look, we have the opportunity to add Kawi but have to ship you out to make this team better. Go play in Indiana and next summer we will sign you back." Both parties then agreed. His heart is still in San Antonio. It's going to be a big dissapointment, but if it's not the Spurs, someone will overpay him and the Pacers won't match.

McKeyFan
01-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Maybe George will be a Pacers
Is this a joke, a mistake, or are you suggesting this is the proper way to say it?

RWB
01-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I said it when I heard he was just a one year contract, he's got an "under the table" deal to sign back with San Antonio. That's what my gut tells me. They both loved each other and I can see them saying, "Look, we have the opportunity to add Kawi but have to ship you out to make this team better. Go play in Indiana and next summer we will sign you back." Both parties then agreed. His heart is still in San Antonio. It's going to be a big dissapointment, but if it's not the Spurs, someone will overpay him and the Pacers won't match.

George is selling his home in San Antonio.

sanantonio.backpage.com/HomesForSaleBig Springs Subdivision | San Antonio Homes for Sale | Real Estate ...
San Antonio Texas Real Estate for sale. ... This spectacular 5 BR home is being sold by George Hill. ... San Antonio, TX Homes For Sale | San Antonio, ...

mytexashomeresource.idxco.com/i/5531/...homes_for_sale_san_antonio_txBig Springs - San Antonio, TX Real Estate | Homes For Sale | MLS ...

McKeyFan
01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll be very disappointed if we don't bring back Hill, it would have made that trade pointless. I would rather have whoever we would have drafted than just a one year rental.
Not totally pointless.

We don't have our excellent record right now without George Hill.

McKeyFan
01-28-2012, 10:34 AM
That's really frustrating Hill thinks he's worth that much.. I like him but you gotta say no way for 7.5 mil. Maybe 6.5 but no higher.. you can pack up and move your things again for anymore than that.
If a guy is a gamer at crunch time—which Hill is—than you've got to think that mindset is likely to spill over to negotiations. He's confident in himself and he's willing to take it down to the wire. Kudos for him.

Now, he's going up against Larry Bird. So good luck.

sportfireman
01-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Hill sees himself as a starter IMO, that's why he's asking for 7.5 mil.... so from a starters stand point I understand. So if Collison is traded and Hill is starting then yes I can see the 7.5 price tag.

I'm NOT saying trade Collison and sign Hill..... just speculating.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM

Bird spent 12 mil on Foster, Watson, and Dahntay, so he had the money to re-sign Jack. The money was there, Bird just chose to go a different direction. A poor decision as far as I'm concerned. Watson was nothing more than a stop gap b/u PG for 2 years. He didn't bring the fire, passion, leadership, nor strength at PG Jack did. Jack wasn't perfect, but he fits into smashmouth BB far better than Collision or Price does. His salary for what he produces is a steal. How many starting PG's, not on a rookie contract, is producing the #'s Jack is at 5 mil?

Justin Tyme
01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
He keeps playing like this much longer and he'll wish he could get 6.

He'll be hoping for Jarrett Jack money.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be what happened with Jarrett Jack. We just let him walk when the Raptors front-loaded a contract offer. I know that back then, we didn't have the capspace to absorb it....

Where did they get the money to give contracts to Watson, Dahntay, and Foster then?

Pacer Fan
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Hill = 5 Mil Per to this point and not a penny more! Well maybe a penny, but that's it!

He is actually in line with alot of 4mil players across the league.
I do think he plays good defense or at least can when he wants too. So I think that's worth an extra Mil.

We can get a much better player for 7.5mil then Hill. I like Hill but he is a very inconsistent player. Just go look at his individual game history since being in the league. :-o

Not just inconsistent with poor shooting games, he just doesn't show up all to often.

Hill will probably never be a candidate for 6th man of the year. He shouldn't be paid like one.

He has had 7 good games, 4 descent games and 6 didn't show up.

To say he is clutch is just not accurate at all. Any one can have a moment and that's all he has had thus far.

He will very seldom be a player to be on the floor in the last 5 minutes of a game.

Has he showed signs of great play? Yes he has, just not often enough.

I would really like to see Hill play consistent and do better then 9 points, 2 reb, 1 assist.

14 points, 4 reb, 4 assist with a respectable FG % would grant a 7.5 mil contract. == Let's see this George Hill.... I would Love to see everyone happy! :happydanc

Justin Tyme
01-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Last night results:

Gallanari 21/7... reason why he got a nice new contract and why Denver doesn't need to re-sign Wilson Chandler.

Fernandez 23 pts... 9-11 fg... 5-7 3pt... he reminds me of Rush in that he has a nice game every so often but has no consistancy.

Camby... 0/20... he's a rebounder!

Childress 4/2/2... only played in 6 games for the salary he gets... terrible contract. Shooting 37% fg.

Bayless 18/2/3... just getting back from injury.

Rush 7pts... 2-5 fg... 1-2 3pt... 2-2 ft... 3 reb... 2 ast

Pacer Fan
01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
That kind of play tonight vs Magic is worth what he wants. Now if he can just get close to that kind of play more on a consistent basis to prove he is really worth 7.5mil. We all can be very happy!!

Keep up the good play George! :happydanc

Wage
01-30-2012, 12:09 AM
How many starting PG's, not on a rookie contract, is producing the #'s Jack is at 5 mil?

How many starting point guards play worse defense? Calderon is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I liked Jack, but it's hard to be a succsessful team when you PG plays Troy Murphy level defense.

beast23
01-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Our problem is going to be that there is only so much money to go around. We can't have bench players making 7.5M per year. If our current youngsters all develop positively, we just can't afford to pay everyone a hefty salary.

Danny is already getting his. Once his two years are up, who knows maybe we will want to sign West for something less than 10M per year. Hibbert will obviously get his if we want to keep him. George has a ways to go to prove that he has earned a big payday and the same holds true for Collison... but what if they get there and earn it? What will Tyler ultimately fall in the big picture? What about the impact player that will eventually be acquired through free agency?

We obviously cannot pay 6-7 players 7.5M plus each. The Pacers are going to need a lot of compromise from a few players and a whole lot of luck to continue adding good players to this team while keeping those that they already have happy.

Pacerized
01-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Hill is an asset to the team, and can play 2 positions as a backup. If he keeps playing like this he'll earn a 5 mil contract. Backup combo guards usually don't get that kind of money and they're in abundance in the nba.
Losing Hill right now would hurt the chemistry of this team but I still say if the team is certain he won't budge below the 7.5 mil, they need to package him in a move for a bigger piece to get something for him by the deadline. If the right move isn't there I guess the team could just wait until he's disappointed in free agency to see if he comes down to reality in his asking price. If it comes to that I don't think the team should offer him anything and just wait to match the partial mle offer he'll get elsewhere.

Will Galen
01-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Danny was quoted not to long ago that the Pacers have about 2 years before contracts bust the Pacers up. Right now I'd say we need to keep Danny, Roy, and Paul for the long haul. The other's it depends.