PDA

View Full Version : Did any one think of Malik Sealy...

BigMac
11-10-2004, 11:04 AM
when the Wolves had the last shot with a second or so left in the game?

I did. In fact, I wished that he were there to beat the Pacers again not because I wanted the Pacers to lose but because I wanted Malik to be back with us. For a bit, though, he was back-for me at least.

I posted this thought after reading the IndyStar report by Montieth of the Malik Sealy memorial in the Target Center.

Ragnar
11-10-2004, 11:12 AM
A few years ago we were playing them (I think it was the middle of the season) and it was a really tight game. With I think 3 second or less on the clock Sam Mitchell inbounded the ball to Malik who hit the game winning 3 with the game clock expiring while the ball was in the air.

I remember thinking crap we just got killed by two former Pacers. As much as I hated to see Malik go he needed to be able to get out from under Reggie. Clearly Reggie was no where near retirement when we traded him. I am happy that he was able to get some respect in the league but it is terrible that he died in that car accident.

ChicagoJ
11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
There was an endzone shot during the broadcast last night, and you could see Malik's retired #2 hanging from rafters. Obviously, he was never going to have #2 retired solely because of his playing career, but my eyes welled up a little bit when I saw that.

I still break out my Malik Sealy tie occasionally.

I haven't seen MM's article yet; I need to go check that out.

Ragnar
11-10-2004, 11:53 AM
The star mentions the game I was talking about. I guess it was less than 3 seconds. It was a few years ago but I remember him shooting it like it was yesterday.

Memorable shot

A memorial to Malik Sealy in the Minnesota locker room includes a large photograph of a game-winning 3-pointer he hit against the Pacers in the 1999-2000 season.

Sealy, who was drafted by the Pacers and later played for the Timberwolves, was killed in an auto accident in 2000.

The photo shows Sealy releasing a shot over Jalen Rose with the Pacers leading 100-98 and eight-tenths of a second left on the clock

Granville
11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I was thinking of the shot last night too. I remember how Kevin Garnett was simply unstoppable down the stretch. Then, Malik hit the shot to beat us. I'll always think of that game whenever they play in Minnesota, but especially during a game like last night.