PDA

View Full Version : So what's changed for Pollard?

Harddrive7
11-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Why is he so much better this year? Has Rick tweaked the offense to sway a little bit more in his favor?

He is so energetic and seems to be all over the floor. Defensively he seems to be so much more focused.

Maybe it's opportunity I don't know but it seems that he's turning into a little monster. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

fwpacerfan
11-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Opportunity and the fact he's knows he will be getting his share of PT has helped him relax and play his game. I've been impressed with the Pacers inside play w/Pollard and Harrison. Harrison is going to be a very good player.

Harddrive7
11-10-2004, 08:51 AM
I think Harrison will be awesome. He's a banger and seems to move well to be so big.

sixthman
11-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I think better health is a factor.

Last year was a recovery period and he never got into the flow of things, especially on offense.

But, damn, it now looks like he has back problems again. I hope that tumble in the third quarter against the Wolves does not result in much loss of PT or effectiveness.

Ragnar
11-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Maybe his back healed all the way. I dont know but I could not be happier with his play right now.

BigMac
11-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I think it's just one word: Confidence.

He knows the system and everyone has put their faith in him and maybe he doesn't hear the "I wish we had Brad" stuff too much any more and he can just be himself on the court.

ChicagoJ
11-10-2004, 11:48 AM
He still has all the same limitations, but he's playing much more aggressively.

I think he's told the truth...

He expected to be handed the starting spot on a silver platter last season. And he was.

But he didn't work for it - didn't hustle, and he quickly lost it. He sulked, he didn't play aggressively, and fell deep into a rotational abyss.

He's simply come back this season willing to be aggressive again.

Its not like he's magically developed a shot, or even softened up those oven mitts so he can simply catch the ball or tip it in whatever direction he wants it to go. He's just playing hard and agressive. That's not necessarily enough to earn him a regular spot when everyone gets healthy, but it is exactly what the team needs him to do when he's called into action.

Harddrive7
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
He still has all the same limitations, but he's playing much more aggressively.

I think he's told the truth...

He expected to be handed the starting spot on a silver platter last season. And he was.

But he didn't work for it - didn't hustle, and he quickly lost it. He sulked, he didn't play aggressively, and fell deep into a rotational abyss.

He's simply come back this season willing to be aggressive again.

Its not like he's magically developed a shot, or even softened up those oven mitts so he can simply catch the ball or tip it in whatever direction he wants it to go. He's just playing hard and agressive. That's not necessarily enough to earn him a regular spot when everyone gets healthy, but it is exactly what the team needs him to do when he's called into action.

Very good answer! ;)

waxman
11-10-2004, 12:22 PM
he lost weight....looks a lot more agile than last year.... quicker pace to the game benefits him....as it makes it tougher for opposing teams to keep track of him...especially on the offensive boards.

TexasPacer
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Pollard is not that much better. He still has a problem with his hands catching passes, he can't dunk the ball on an entry pass, but he is hustling and going for the rebounds which has made him look much better. Also the extra playing time gives him a chance to make a better showing. Any player who gets enough minutes can look better. I am not trying to say that he has not been a factor but he is not doing much different then he did in limited playing time last year. He is helping the team.

Harddrive7
11-10-2004, 12:28 PM
"but he is not doing much different then he did in limited playing time last year. He is helping the team."

Then he is doing much different from last year for the fact he is helping the team this year. Last year I don't even recall seeing flashes of good from him.