PDA

View Full Version : whoa..that crowd is DEAD at the house...where the fans at?

JOneal7
11-09-2004, 02:29 PM
man I was sitting in section 11 by the visiting tunnell and man...whenever fred jones was nailing those triples it was so blah...like in orlando you hear like an explosion sound and the announcer goes threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..and it's exciting...here it was so blah...and when the bulls called the TO it seemed people just stopped cheering? maybe it's cause the fieldhouse is so much bigger than the orlando arena? but it didn't seem people where that into the game? is it normally like this as well? I mean dang it was dead! btw does anyone know why ushers hand players black sharpies before they sign? that is like sooooo annoying! anyways if yall see me say wasup...you know...hat 2 the side..lol

Peck
11-09-2004, 04:34 PM
It was pretty dead for an opening night.

I guess people around here wait till the playoffs to invest emotionally in the team.

Lord Helmet
11-09-2004, 04:39 PM
The fans make Conseco sound like a funeral home :unimpressed: Conseco doesn't get loud until the playoffs and even then its not real real loud.I think it is quite pathetic myself if I am at a game and start to yell everyone looks and me funny we need better fans at the games because I bet if all the Pacer fans here were provided tickets it would be real loud because we are die hards.A lot of people at the games are just spectators.

Suaveness
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Conseco has never been loud. It is really depressing too. I have been to a playoff game, and even then people needed to be motivated to go.

TheSauceMaster
11-09-2004, 07:25 PM
oh boy this topic is like :deadhorse:

The Crowd that goes to Pacers games now is more laid back than the days of MSA , it more of a bussiness affair almost now , not saying those kinda people aren't real fans but times have changed and the groups that follow the Pacers have too.

I went to a few games last year and I got very dirty looks for standing up and cheering sometimes , not that I cared I kept doing it :p

Really not alot of people are so excited yet cause we have so many injuries , we was playing the Bulls , etc Alot of people are still invested in Fooball to and are not as diehard BB fans yet.

Sorry alot of people can't afford to goto alot of games and don't consider it a priority when they can see most every game at home for free , look back 5 -10 years ago it was much harder to find this many Pacers games on TV.

I am sure there are a list of good excuses and etc. why people can't , if you can make every game great but alot of people have work , school , families and more important things to tend to.

Roaming Gnome
11-10-2004, 06:28 AM
There just needs to be a close game...It's hard to get people going when we are kicking *** against the lowly Bulls. I expect tonights game to be:

Morgue Status because it is during the week and it's the Clippers, a team that is notorius for attracting poor crowds.

Lord Helmet
11-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Double :mad:

Lord Helmet
11-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah the people of Indy are still into the Colts.But after their season ends (Hopefully with us winning a SB :o ) They get into the Pacers. I guess I can't complain at least we put together better crowds than the likes of Atlanta.

MSA2CF
11-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Like TSM said....Stop beating this dead horse. I'm tired of hearing it; there's nothing we can do about it except cheer louder ourselves.

Jermaniac
11-10-2004, 09:06 PM
The Conseco crowd is never that loud, they are like some damn mutes sitting in those stands. We can win the championship, the fans there will cheer for 10 seconds and then they will sit in their seat watch the players celebrate.

JOneal7
11-12-2004, 05:37 PM
didnt kno this was brought up...I jus attended my first game so i didn't know...

It was jus so dead...I usually love standing up and cheering at magic games and stuff...But man i jus didnt get the urge this time..maybe cuz im 2 low...I donno...its jus my row changes everytime ...must be a business gift for people and no one cheers...its so blah...and the clipper game had me wanting to go home at halftime,lol...
GO PACERS