PDA

View Full Version : Coaching watch has begun

Unclebuck
11-08-2004, 11:38 PM
I asked this question about this time last year. Who will be the first coach to be fired.

Right now Jeff Bzdelik mihgt be in some serious trouble. The Nuggets have a lot of talent, but they have been very inconsistant. Jeff might be the first to go.

Lenny Wilkens. He might have been a good coach at one time, but right now he is horrible. Knicks don't play hard, they don't play together and they don't play any defense. Terrible hire by Isiah. Heck, Isiah is a better coach than Lenny right now. Lenny should be fired right away.

I would say that maybe Nate MacMillian in Seattle is in trouble, but expectations are low, so he likely will last the season.

Mo Cheeks also might want to update his resume'

Two coaches that should have moved on after last season, Adelman and Don Nelson won't get fired this season, unless their teams tank, but changes are needed for both franchises.

Amazingly enough that is about it. Hubie Brown would never get fired, but if might re-sign mid season if the Grizzlies don't respond to him.

Arcadian
11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Bzdelik won't make it to December. Not only are they not playing well, Kiki seemed luke warm to him last season when they were over achieving.

ChicagoJ
11-09-2004, 12:44 AM
I kinda think the whole Rudy TJ expiriment in LA might last as long as Nellie lasted with the Knicks.

Kegboy
11-09-2004, 05:47 PM
The buzzards are circling in Denver, which is pure *****, cause the guy's a hell of a coach. Coop will be a quality replacement, however.

Never thought I'd see Musselman and Byzdelik both gone this soon. :shakehead:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Slick Pinkham
11-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Lenny Wilkins won't last until Thanksgiving.

TheSauceMaster
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Jeff Bzdelik

Fool
11-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Isiah just got rid of the last assistant coach that had any ties to Lenny so would put my money on Wilkins. I imagine the only thing Thomas is waiting for is the first murmurs of unhappiness from New York fans to slide into the head coaching seat with the hope of "turning things around immediately".