PDA

View Full Version : Rip calls Reggie a "legend," admits he "stole a [lot of] tricks from him"

Shade
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/blog/blog28.html

I just received the news that the NBA General Managers voted me No. 1 in the NBA.com poll as the player who best moved without the ball. It's quite an honor and also a little crazy considering that Reggie Miller, a legend, didn't get the nod. Reggie is still the Godfather of that distinction, especially coming off screens. I will admit that I stole a few tricks from him. A lot of tricks, actually. He's constantly in motion. You really don't want to guard a guy like that.

Anthem
11-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Improved on some of them, as well. It would be pretty easy to like Rip if he didn't play for the Pistons.

But I highly doubt Rip actually writes that himself. At the very least, it's heavily edited before it makes it onto the Net.

Fool
11-09-2004, 07:43 AM
"The views expressed by the Blog Squad represent only the views of the blogger; they do not represent the views of NBA.com, the NBA or any NBA team. NBA.com does not review the blogs for accuracy or otherwise approve of, or edit, the postings of the Blog Squad."

Anthem
11-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Read it and tell me it sounds like Rip Hamilton.

Fool
11-09-2004, 12:20 PM
I don't know how he writes but no there aren't any "thats crazy"s in there which is his usual spoken slang. I wouldn't be surprised if its polished by someone or even if he dictates it and then its typed in a less conversational style.

However, I have no idea if the way RIP speaks is the way he would write. The site says they don't edit it but that might be limited to content only. However, I wouldn't put it past anyone who made it through 3 years of college to be able to string a couple of paragraphs together coherently. Its not a critique of relativity or anything.

King Mob
11-09-2004, 11:19 PM
That's not the first time's he's said that. Seemed like everytime Rip touched the ball in the ECF last season Al Michaels stopped making football analogies and mentioned Rip saying that.