PDA

View Full Version : ESPN ranks you guys #1......

Kstat
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2005&week=1

You could make a case for Utah, Phoenix and Miami, but I certainly cant argue with Indiana. They have yet to beat a team thats actually won a single game this year, though....:p

efx
11-08-2004, 12:08 PM
While that might be the case and it's still early in the season, wouldn't you say they've been impressive enough considering the injuries they've had?

Suaveness
11-08-2004, 12:40 PM
I dont think we've played all that great though...I dont see us beating minny tomorrow

ABADays
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
That's got to be an error. How could Miami not be #1? I mean - they have Shaq :rolleyes:

Shade
11-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Wow. I'm just awestruck.

Wow.

:o

Shade
11-08-2004, 01:01 PM
About the Pistons:

"Took Toronto lightly (bad) and didn't even deny it (worse). Hence the drop of three slots, and a stern warning, because complacency might be Pistons' biggest enemy this season."

I do believe that a certain someone :whistle: said that the Pistons may be content this year since they won the championship last year and that their bench was arguably a downgrade. If only I could remember who that someone was... :devil:

Alabama-Redneck
11-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Well, it must be true if ESPN said it. After all, they never make a mistake.

Just because they showed a Pacer highlight of Fred Jones dunking the ball and referred to him as Jumaine Jones should not make a bad mark on their credibility.:o :rolleyes: :mad: :(

obnoxiousmodesty
11-08-2004, 02:35 PM
ESPN sucks whether they're lampooning or praising. I sure hope no one really cares about this.

Zesty
11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Doesn't Kstat have to get rid of that GIF in his sig? :mad:

Grant
11-08-2004, 02:59 PM
If they really looked at things objectively, the list would be pretty stagnant.

I think they shake things up weekly, just to rile people up. It generates a little discussion, and gets the fans going if they take it too seriously.

Anthem
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
You still have sigs turned on?

Kstat
11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
About the Pistons:

"Took Toronto lightly (bad) and didn't even deny it (worse). Hence the drop of three slots, and a stern warning, because complacency might be Pistons' biggest enemy this season."

I do believe that a certain someone :whistle: said that the Pistons may be content this year since they won the championship last year and that their bench was arguably a downgrade. If only I could remember who that someone was... :devil:

Yes, Larry Brown not coaching certainly had NOTHING to do with it....:rolleyes:

Hicks
11-08-2004, 03:13 PM

Anyone with animated .gifs is/was supposed to, yes.

sweabs
11-08-2004, 03:30 PM

Anyone with animated .gifs is/was supposed to, yes.

I got rid of mine...but I sure as hell don't want to see Reggie getting blocked anymore.

Hicks
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I'll give a little more time, and if it's still there, go ahead and get it myself; takes only a second. I don't have sigs turned on, but I'm sure someone will say something here if it's not gone relatively soon. :laugh:

Unclebuck
11-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Not having LB hurts the Pistons big time.

Pacers I think played very well In Cleveland and not so great in the other two games

Anthem
11-08-2004, 11:49 PM
As long as we keep playing well enough...

Actually, Cleveland's the only decent team we've played so far. If we beat Minny, I'll start feeling pretty good. Our next 3 after that are VERY winnable... we'd be looking at winning our first 7-8 games of the season.