PDA

View Full Version : Sekou's Half-Season Awards

Hicks
02-10-2004, 11:26 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/119414-6470-039.html

What was most interesting to me was his 1st All-NBA team.

I like it. Obviously because it has JO in it, but also it gets 3 deserving big men in there without snubbing one of them because Shaq is SUPPOSED to be the best.

ChicagoJ
02-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Most overrated player

Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Portland

Abdur-Rahim, traded late Monday by Atlanta, is putting up All-Star numbers. Of course, he had been playing on an awful team. Has there ever been a player this good who did so little to lift the play of those around him?

Not since Clark Kellogg, who couldn't even lift Herb Williams to do better than 9-9 in the Big Ten, yet the Pacers drafted them both. :mad:

Roaming Gnome
02-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Least improved player

Yao Ming, Houston

No offense to the billions (OK, millions) of Chinese fans who voted this guy into the All-Star game as a starter, but wasn't Yao supposed to become the dominant heir apparent to Shaquille O'Neal's oversized throne this season? He's had some moments, but too often he resembles the robotic, lead-footed giant who occupied the same jersey during an uneven rookie season.

Come on, how about a little accuracy? Last I heard, Shaq won the internet vote, but lost the paper vote that was only available to US and Canadian fans by a landslide!