PDA

View Full Version : Optimal 12-man roster

Grant
11-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I've been wondering about the 12 man roster when everyone gets healty.

So far I have:

Tinsley
Johnson
Miller
Jackson
F Jones
Artest
Bender
O'Neal
Croshere
Foster

That leaves two spots for four players. Gill, Harrison, Pollard, J. Jones. Which two should stay on the active roster?

It seems crazy not to have 3 PG's, but it would be a shame to put Harrison on the "injured" list.

I'm guessing Pollard and Jones will be the odd guys out.

Will Galen
11-08-2004, 10:52 AM
I've been wondering about the 12 man roster when everyone gets healty.

So far I have:

Tinsley
Johnson
Miller
Jackson
F Jones
Artest
Bender
O'Neal
Croshere
Foster

That leaves two spots for four players. Gill, Harrison, Pollard, J. Jones. Which two should stay on the active roster?

It seems crazy not to have 3 PG's, but it would be a shame to put Harrison on the "injured" list.

I'm guessing Pollard and Jones will be the odd guys out.

You forgot Edwards. I think he, J.J. and Gill will make up the injured list. I think we will need Gill to deal with Wade of Miami though. I don't know if anyone else on the Pacer's can keep up with him.

The way it's going with all our injuries we might not have the problem of deciding, real injuries will decide.

Shade
11-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I think Gill is better than AJ, personally. :uhoh:

C - Foster/Harrison/Pollard
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bender
SG - Jax/Freddie/Reggie
PG - Tins/Gill

I have to admit, I was tempted to leave Reggie off. But he's still Mr. Playoffs. If I took him off, I'd replace him with AJ, because it never hurts to have a 3rd PG.

Kegboy
11-09-2004, 04:40 PM
IF everyone is healthy, which in itself could be a pipe dream, I'd go with JJ, and whichever third-string guard (Gill or Fred) is performing worse. Right now, Freddie's playing better, so Eddie would get the nod. Fred and Ron can both play emergency PG if it came to that.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

3Ball
11-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Too bad we can't find more room for Freddie and Gill. They both are looking terrific.