PDA

View Full Version : Poor Jalen

Anthem
11-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Well, he's right. I can't name 40 swingmen that are better than Jalen.

Wait... he said players.

Never mind. Suck it up, Jalen.

Harddrive7
11-08-2004, 12:02 PM
How many Pacers alone are better than Jalen?

Let's see

Ron
Freddy Jones
Jax

This includes Offense, creating your own shot and one on one DEFENSE!

Kstat
11-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Jalen is still one of the top small forwards in the NBA. I don't even think that's a question.

He's an excellent passer, shooter, and ballhandler for a SF.

Jalen's issue has, and always will be, thinking that he's a POINT GUARD.

Rafer Alston is running the point this year, and -surprise- Jalen is looking much better.

Harddrive7
11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Would you want him starting on the Pistons?

Kstat
11-08-2004, 04:03 PM

No, only because our starting 5 is championship-calibur, and if it aint broken, dont fix it.

Now, would I like him off the BENCH playing big minutes at SF? Hell yes I would.

Kstat
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM

No, only because our starting 5 is championship-calibur, and if it aint broken, dont fix it.

Now, would I like him off the BENCH playing big minutes at SF? Hell yes I would.

You mean you'd make the valiant sacrifice to be willing to bring "one of the top small forwards in the NBA" who at one time garnered a maximum contract off the bench? You're a brave, brave man.

:usa:

dont look at me, he asked the question....

GO!!!!!
11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm playin a franchise on nba 01 and Jalen's the man... starting at SF then playin some PG.. leading me team in scoring and getting close to 5 boards and 3 assists a game in 6 min qrts...

YES, I'd have Jalen back too.. I like what we got from him from chicago but Jalen is a good player and i miss him some..

Poor Al... I miss him more tho... is anyone seeing a trend... apart from Brad Miller.. most of our "outers" have gone to bum teams...

Jalen, Davis Brothers, Al... seems some boys are just better to stay at home...

Peck
11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Jalen is still one of the top small forwards in the NBA. I don't even think that's a question.

He's an excellent passer, shooter, and ballhandler for a SF.

Jalen's issue has, and always will be, thinking that he's a POINT GUARD.

Rafer Alston is running the point this year, and -surprise- Jalen is looking much better.

It goes a little deeper than Jalen just wanting to play the point, although that is a symptom of his disease.

Jalen, in his mind, is the man. That was the biggest problem he ever had in Indiana.

If Jalen would have just accepted being a contributer/role player he would most likely have been right here on our team.

But the fact was that he felt like he waited in the wings for Reggie to retire (btw, Reggie did everything in his power to give Jalen "the Man" statuse while he was still here by deferring to him whenever possible but the fans just would not let Reggie go) & then J.O. came here & became an M.V.P. caliber player & once again Jalen was not going to be the man.

Harsh words were exchanged & Jalen found himself in Chicago & then in Toronto.

Jalen's biggest problem was always Jalen. If he put 1/3 of the effort on the defensive end that Artest does he would have been an all-star every year. The saddest d@mn thing is that Jalen, when he wanted to, could play defense.

It's funny when you read us talk about Jackson, because you will see some of us say that he has all of the best traits of Jalen but so far hasn't displayed any of the negatives.

The one player in this league that Ron Artest can't stop is Jalen Rose. I know that sounds crazy but Jalen has always been able to get his shot off on Ron.

Anthem
11-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Peck, I don't recall Jalen having good games against Artest. I guess I'll have to look for that this year.

Hicks
11-09-2004, 06:57 AM
I recall what Peck's talking about; Jalen typically seems to have good shooting nights against Ron. Go figure.

Natston
11-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Peck, I don't recall Jalen having good games against Artest. I guess I'll have to look for that this year.

I somewhat remember the game in which Jalen went for 20+ points in the fourth quarter. I don't know what % of the points came when Artest defended him or if Artest even played in that game...

Peck
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't have the exact games, I just know that there have been more than one occasion he has made Ron look bad.

When Ron was in Chicago Jalen had such a good game against him that Ron went postal on the crowd behind the Bulls bench.

When he had that 20 point fourth quarter vs. the Pacers Jalen after the game said mockingly that "Ron is a defensive stopper".

Jalen is just one of those players that can get it going vs. Ron because he can hit from anywhere. He is taller than Ron & he can draw fouls.

I'm not saying Ron can't defend him, but Jalen does give him trouble.

sixthman
11-09-2004, 01:36 PM
I still believe the main reason Jalen is not a Pacer today is that his contract stinks and there was no way we could live with JO's max contract and Jalen's.

Because of that bad contract, Jalen had to go.

Had Jalen made half the money he does, he might have remained a Pacer and moved from the starter at small forward to the starter at shooting guard.

Peck
11-09-2004, 02:06 PM
good point.