PDA

View Full Version : Primoz goes for 20 and 10 while the Bobcats win their first game

Anthem
11-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Bobcats Grab First Ever Win

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 6 (Ticker) -- Coach Bernie Bickerstaff told the Charlotte Bobcats to settle down and relax. By doing so, they made history.

The expansion Bobcats won for the first time, defeating the Orlando Magic, 111-100 behind 20 points and 10 rebounds from Primoz Brezec.

Bickerstaff said his players were too excited and hyperventilating during their opening night loss to Washington and urged them to take it easy as the season progresses.

Charlotte (1-1) held Orlando without a basket for more than 4 1/2 minutes late in the second quarter to take 49-42 halftime lead. The Magic shot just 28 percent (11-of-28) from the field in the opening two periods.

The Bobcats kept up the intensity with a 15-2 run to start the third quarter, highlighted by an alley-oop pass from Jason Hart to Gerald Wallace, whose one-handed dunk made it 64-44. Wallace scored 18 points and Hart added 14 and 11 assists.

Emeka Okafor got the better of Dwight Howard in their first matchup as the top two picks in June's draft. Okafor, selected second after the Magic chose Howard, had 12 points and 14 rebounds while Howard managed five and 12.

Steve Francis, who hit game-winning buckets in Orlando's first two contests, fouled out with just nine points. The Magic (2-1) failed in a bid to open with three straight wins for the first time since 1993.

Orlando's Cuttino Mobley scored 17 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter before fouling out in the final minute.

---

Yeah, I know we've got Harrison. But I'm still bummed about losing Primoz.

MSA2CF
11-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Primoz, my man!

Eindar
11-07-2004, 12:18 AM
I watched part of the game, he looked really good.

Lord Helmet
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Primoz :cry:.........................:mad:

Burt_Reincarnated
11-07-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm tellin ya all Primoz is gonna be an all star. And Okafor ROY.

Slick Pinkham
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
remind me now,

did we actually waste one of our 8 protected spots on Reggie Miller, just so as to not "disrespect" him, when there is no way he would have been picked?

I'm not bashing Reggie-- he's still my favorite Pacer-- but the cahnce of him being picked was darn near zero

Kid Minneapolis
11-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Primoz has been stellar over there... it shows how deep this Indy team really was.

sweabs
11-07-2004, 01:17 PM
remind me now,

did we actually waste one of our 8 protected spots on Reggie Miller, just so as to not "disrespect" him, when there is no way he would have been picked?

I'm not bashing Reggie-- he's still my favorite Pacer-- but the cahnce of him being picked was darn near zero

That is so true...Charlotte would never have done that and disrespected the Pacers franchise.

I love how people sometimes say "Imagine if we still had Brad..."

I can just hear the future..."Imagine if we still had Primoz..."

Lord Helmet
11-07-2004, 04:20 PM
remind me now,

That is so true...Charlotte would never have done that and disrespected the Pacers franchise.

I love how people sometimes say "Imagine if we still had Brad..."

I can just hear the future..."Imagine if we still had Primoz..."
I know we better not be saying that after this season we better be smoking a victory cigar.