PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' brass love Harrison

unstandable
11-05-2004, 12:48 PM
From today's Insider on rookies:

"David Harrison, Pacers: His numbers in the preseason don't jump out at you . . . but this is an inside tip from Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh who both couldn't stop raving about this kid when I talked to them last week. Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits. Bird called him the steal of the draft. He slipped to No. 29 on draft night because scouts questioned his attitude, work ethics and love of the game. So far, the Pacers say he's been great both off and on the court. His talent no one has every questioned. He's big, athletic and can score in the paint. Watch him closely this season. Both Bird and Walsh think he might become a contributor. If he's as good as advertised, he should be the starter sooner rather than later."

Suaveness
11-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Interesting....

TheSauceMaster
11-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Interesting....

*echo's the comment * :devil:

blanket
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I like, I like

:eyebrow:

ImCrazyB
11-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Interesting....

Anthem
11-05-2004, 10:32 PM
He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round. I could see him starting before the year is out.

Got to see about the conditioning, though. If this is him after he's gotten in shape, I guess I can see why other teams passed on him.

RA231
11-06-2004, 01:11 PM
He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round.

He was picked at the end of the first round. There isnt even a third round in the NBA draft.

Anthem
11-06-2004, 03:11 PM
He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round.

He was picked at the end of the first round. There isnt even a third round in the NBA draft.

:laugh: Not sure how that happened. I think I started to say thirtieth pick and switched.

If I was indygeezer, I'd say it was a senior moment. So what's my excuse?

MSA2CF
11-06-2004, 03:19 PM
:rotflmao:

Kegboy
11-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits.

What about Hicks' girlfriend? :devil: :tongue:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

sweabs
11-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits.

What about Hicks' girlfriend? :devil: :tongue:

:chuckle:
:banned: :p

Hicks
11-06-2004, 07:40 PM
:blahblah:

:D