PDA

View Full Version : Al's first game.

RWB
11-04-2004, 11:48 AM
I know it's early but here's Al's stats for his first start with the Hawks. MAybe Bender will be able to fill his shoes.

MPG FG% REB APG PTS

39.0 .250 6 2 13

indygeezer
11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Was that game in Atlanta?

Hicks
11-04-2004, 12:23 PM
It was in Phoenix.

Suaveness
11-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Well, I think we got a steal on this trade. And Al doesn't seem as though he can lead a team.

BillS
11-04-2004, 02:54 PM
General consensus from the comments on two sports radio stations was that lack of defense was more the problem, as well as extremely horrible outside shooting.

No one has started ragging on Al yet - most of them seemed to be more unhappy with Woodson and the seeming lack of a coherent defense.

Ahh, well. Poor Al. He may learn what Jackson did - that, despite what Lucifer says, it is better to serve in Heaven than to reign in Hell.

And make no mistake about it, This is Basketball Hell.

Unclebuck
11-04-2004, 02:55 PM
I watched a few seconds of the game, by the time I watched the Hawks were down by 40 points. Walker and Al were on the floor and both looked very distraught.

Maybe they were both checking the scoreboard to see what their former teams were doing.

Hawks are horrible right now, beyond bad. But they do have a new coach and if you thinjk Woodson is going to be a good coach then maybe the Hawks might get a litle bettr as the season goes on.

I for one don't get any joy in seeing Al struggle, i wish him nothing but the best

sweabs
11-04-2004, 03:08 PM
And make no mistake about it, This is Basketball Hell.

Be careful what you wish for, Al.
:goodevil:

Dukins
11-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Stoudamire was eating Harrington alive last night. Harrington doesnt look like a starter on the floor a BENCH player at best. This season will be very tough for Antoine and Harrington. THe Hawks were doomed to fail this year with their lineup. Harrington will pout all year.:cry: We definitely got the upper hand on the deal.:devil:

sweabs
11-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Stoudamire was eating Harrington alive last night. Harrington doesnt look like a starter on the floor a BENCH player at best. This season will be very tough for Antoine and Harrington. THe Hawks were doomed to fail this year with their lineup. Harrington will pout all year.:cry: We definitely got the upper hand on the deal.:devil:

I agree that we did get the upper hand of the deal.

However, I think that Al is starting-calibur, but needs the surrounding help. Asking Al to be a second option on a team with no supporting cast to speak of does not equal success.

Kstat
11-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Well, I think we got a steal on this trade. And Al doesn't seem as though he can lead a team.

.....As opposed to Stephen Jackson, who dominated from end to end last night......:p

sweabs
11-04-2004, 03:53 PM

.....As opposed to Stephen Jackson, who dominated from end to end last night......:p

We don't need Stephen to lead our team.
And notice that even when Jackson doesn't have his best game, we have countless other guys to step up.

Don't be scared :devil:

Anthem
11-04-2004, 03:55 PM

Jax has said repeatedly that all he wants is the chance to contribute on a championship-quality team. Contrast that to Al, who wanted to start at any cost.

ChicagoJ
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
I like Al.

Jackson didn't play well last night, but he still found a way to contribute.

Did we ever say that about Al if his shot wasn't falling?

I like Al.

Hicks
11-04-2004, 04:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing Jay.

owl
11-04-2004, 05:36 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 rebounds and 9 points and excellent passing and
defense on his poor night. Can't wait to see a good or great night. Jackson will be a significant addition to the Pacers.

owl

Arcadian
11-04-2004, 06:01 PM
I hope Al bashing doesn't become the focus of too many threads. It is what he chose...we all make choices sometimes selfish ones or even bad ones

I am glad we have Jackson and Al's level of play will not change that.

TheSauceMaster
11-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I think Al was a better 6th man than a Starter , still alittle early in the season but I don't see Al as a starter on many teams even with surrounding talent.

Some players are just better off the bench and I think Al is one of those players IMHO.

Lord Helmet
11-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Don't you hate it when a reply never shows up? :mad: Do any know that since Insight got some new FSN's in the lifestyles pack if they show any basketball games?I can recall I have FSN Atlantic and I forget the other 2 but I was thinking maybe they show Hawks games.

TheSauceMaster
11-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Don't you hate it when a reply never shows up? :mad: Do any know that since Insight got some new FSN's in the lifestyles pack if they show any basketball games?I can recall I have FSN Atlantic and I forget the other 2 but I was thinking maybe they show Hawks games.

Haven't really checked , also there Suposed to be adding the FoxSports Net outta Chicago , I think it's supposed to be on Channel 65 or something like that , it's not on there yet though , I just seen it mentioned on the local Insight ads channel.

Lord Helmet
11-04-2004, 06:48 PM

Haven't really checked , also there Suposed to be adding the FoxSports Net outta Chicago , I think it's supposed to be on Channel 65 or something like that , it's not on there yet though , I just seen it mentioned on the local Insight ads channel.

Well I just turned to 65 and its fuzz like 64 and 66 I say put in all the FSN's and Comcasts so then it will kind of be like a LP :laugh: What I don't get is on the Insight ads they have they say they have all the channels you want and dish doesn't well I guess someone needs to inform them that they still need NBA TV and LP :mad: Once they get NBA TV and LP (if they ever do) I will be happy.

Arcadian
11-04-2004, 06:51 PM
I'd like the opportunity to make a bad choice and still make 6 million a year.....

Marry rich.

GO!!!!!
11-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I'll reserve judgement as it's only the first game of the season

Bu you gotta feel for Al.. The qoute about Hell and Heaven is rather real

The Team should get better as the season goes on, I just hope he plays a solid year and gets traded around draft time..

the Hawks team is proberly the worst team in the league...

Suaveness
11-04-2004, 08:51 PM
It is tough for Al because he has never been the first option before. He does well as the third, when he doesn't have the pressure to perform consistantly.

Kegboy
11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I just flipped through the guide for FS-ATL, and considering there's no NBA the next two weeks, I doubt it.

Lots of College Football, and some College Basketball and Hockey, though. :shrug:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

BillS
11-05-2004, 08:54 AM
When I first got satellite TV, I went with Dish (who didn't have NBA League Pass) because they told me their Fox Sports Pack would let me see all the Fox Sports channels - since the P's were on FSMW most of the time, I figured that would work.

Unfortunately, the NBA blacked out all the out-of-region basketball games, so only the one on Fox Sports South was ever available.

I ended up switching to DirecTV and League Pass and have never looked back.

Vicious Tyrant
11-05-2004, 10:48 AM
As others have said - Al's a starter, but he's no star. Even a star would struggle down there. Al would certainly benefit from playing as a starter with a strong willed star could keep Al from playing outside his strengths - or a strong willed coach, I guess.

I'll always be fond of Al - that rookie year of his with the big smile, the contagious energy he brought to the court, the badass defense.... he really was a different player after the injury. I wish him well, but the P's did real well for themselves with this trade.

3Ball
11-05-2004, 11:23 AM
It's going to take time for Al to adjust to being a starter. SJax has spent time as a starter and coming off of the bench. Al has rarely been anything but the best second stringer out there. He'll improve. I don't think we got a steal in the deal, but I do think we managed to improve the overall roster and chemistry.

ChicagoJ
11-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Several of the Regional FSN's have lost all their contracts with thier professional teams (FS-South, FS-Chicago, etc.)

Its amazing to me that FS-South and FS-Chicago are still in business. :shrug:

If I were the owner, and I just lost the Bulls/ White Sox/ (away) Blackhawks - if there's a season :devil: / and (select) Cubs (:sleep:) games all to Comcast Sports Net - Chicago, I'd cut my losses and pull the plug.

waxman
11-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Phx is a tough matchup for Al.... The Suns are stacked with atheleticism... and Al has become more of a power type player...post injury.

Phx is gonna make alot of teams look bad this year with there style of play.... they're destroying Philly right now. We'll see if they stack up to the Pistons, Spurs, Minnys, Pacers of the League though...probably not

Joe Johnson btw.... is the ****.